PDA

View Full Version : Good job SMS! but one issue which I think is a priority

nwrlchargerl
28-08-2015, 17:35
Update has worked great for me, browser is excellent especially!

The one issue that I'm speaking of though, remember qualifying and getting that stab of lag when a person joins the session??? This now affects races to. People can join the session in mid race, the only solution for the time being is to fill up your lobby with the desired amount of racers and lock the session off. Quick fix but it works. Just thought I'd let you know :)

OpticalHercules
28-08-2015, 17:49
I'm pretty sure this is related to the Game Chat. If every member of the race was in Live Chat, this lag effect may be reduced. It's known that the lag effect is reduced if all members are in Skype/third party chat.

If you're not in Live chat or other chat program, you are by default put into Game Chat and there's no way around it.

nwrlchargerl
28-08-2015, 17:50
What if I'm in a xbox party?same issue?

OpticalHercules
28-08-2015, 19:27
Party Chat = Live chat The lag spike is still there while you're in live chat, but I don't know if it's any less than when just in game chat.

We noticed this a few weeks back during a practice session for my GT3 series. All players in the online session were in Skype Chat which I was hosting on my PC. Several players were jumping in and out of the session to make sessings/config changes throughout the session, and we had no noticeable lag spikes at all. Then towards the end of the session, one member who hadn't yet joined skype entered the lobby/race and everyone noticed the lag spike when he joined and when he left.

I don't think I've ever been in a session where we knew ALL members in the race were in Live chat, so I couldn't say whether that lessens the lag spike or not. What I do know is that anyone who is not in any other chat is forced to be in game chat, and those who are in game chat do cause a lag spike in an ongoing session whenever they enter or leave that session.

nwrlchargerl
28-08-2015, 19:45
Well done on picking up on that mate. Could be onto something