PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug - Patch 3.0

bumpkin
28-08-2015, 20:45
Road America, guy retired after a crash and went to pits to spectate, his pit box was behind mine, when I pitted I got stuck, he had to leave in order for me to be able to exit the pits.

Dynomight Motorsports
29-08-2015, 00:44
That was an issue before the patch I think. We had guys blow their engine or were so damaged they couldn't leave the pits then the person behind them would get stuck. And then two cars were stuck in the pits never to finish the race. Great to see they fixed this.

bumpkin
29-08-2015, 07:44
Think we knew about the person behind being stuck, not so sure about the person in front, it let me enter my pit past the retiree, but then not leave, despite the fact he had been retired for the full lap previous to my stop. There was nothing in front of me apart from the jackman bobbing up and down like he needed to go to the toilet and was struggling to hold it in.;)

DiabloSandwich
29-08-2015, 13:53
I think I found a new bug after patching to 3.0 if someone else can confirm?

Using the Audi R8 V10 plus road car on Brands Hatch GP circuit

I've had this happen in free practice and time trial - you come around turn one,head down the hill and right in the bottom,the car stops dead and slams into neutral.

It does not do this on the first lap out of the pits in free practice,but it happens on all subsequent laps.

I've tried other cars,Mclaren F1,Bac Mono,Ariel Atom etc,and they don't do it.

I haven't tried the Brands Hatch Indy circuit yet to see if the Audi does the same thing on there.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Sp4mD4gger
29-08-2015, 14:59
I think I found a new bug after patching to 3.0 if someone else can confirm?

Using the Audi R8 V10 plus road car on Brands Hatch GP circuit

I've had this happen in free practice and time trial - you come around turn one,head down the hill and right in the bottom,the car stops dead and slams into neutral.

It does not do this on the first lap out of the pits in free practice,but it happens on all subsequent laps.

I've tried other cars,Mclaren F1,Bac Mono,Ariel Atom etc,and they don't do it.

I haven't tried the Brands Hatch Indy circuit yet to see if the Audi does the same thing on there.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yup, tried it and it happened to me, but only 2 times in 10 laps, seems only on the racing line though.

DiabloSandwich
29-08-2015, 15:19
Yep,if you go towards the right,you can avoid it - but on the racing line it seems to happen,and I'm usually going too fast to avoid it :)

It happens on Brands Hatch Indy circuit also.

Schnizz58
29-08-2015, 17:32
@Diablo, I remember seeing someone with a similar issue at Zolder in the 2nd chicane. Car was entering the chicane and just stopped dead and went into neutral. Afterwards he was able to simply drive away. I don't remember what car he was using.

TMoney
29-08-2015, 17:35
Getting stuck in pits can be one of the worst bugs especially in a long race.

If it's still happening in certain scenarios one possible solution would be to make all cars ghosts while in pit lane. Since we have no control in pits it wouldn't effect anything aside from allowing you to get "through" a potential bugged situation.