PDA

View Full Version : Patch 3.0 - Career Progress Lost

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 21:41
AS the title states. Got the patch 3.0 and all my career progress was lost. It wasn't corrupt but all of the progress had reset itself to 0, zero to hero was back to zero. Favourite car was a Ford when before the patch it was the BMW 1M. Total play time jumped from 65 hours to 117 hours and my season that I was in pre-patch was halfway though suddenly said I had abandoned it.

Not impressed. 3rd time I've lost career progress because of a patch.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 21:45
If it wasn't corrupted before it sounds like it probably is now.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 21:53
If it wasn't corrupted before it sounds like it probably is now.

Wasn't corrupted before. All was fine yesterday. Pissed off is an understatement. Every single patch so far has fucked up my career.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 21:54
Believe me, I understand.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 21:59
FM6 can't come soon enough IMO. I've been more than patient with this game. Fuming.

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 23:07
Sorry to hear that, I wish I could help you. Feel a bit responsible by giving you a hint how it worked for me.

Is there a possibility to save the game save to an USB-stick or sd-card on the Xb1? I did this now and then on the 360. After resetting it to factory settings I was able to put the saved data back to the cloud.

talby71
29-08-2015, 00:20
try hard resetting your console, thats how i got my career back

Dazza
29-08-2015, 00:37
try deleting the save file from the console, but not the cloud, then re sync the game. it will re download the save from the cloud back to the console. may work.

Rockefelluh
29-08-2015, 02:40
I've never seen a game with the percentage of patches that corrupt saved data as PCARS.

I feel your pain.

BMWE87
29-08-2015, 09:08
Tried all of the above. Didn't work. Had to start a new career and now PCars is frozen on the launch screen where the SMS/WMD Logo shows. This is ridiculous.

mkstatto
29-08-2015, 09:16
Tried all of the above. Didn't work. Had to start a new career and now PCars is frozen on the launch screen where the SMS/WMD Logo shows. This is ridiculous.

Are you loading via disc or digital? The reason I ask is that I had that a couple of months ago and I took the disc out gave it a little clean and worked a treat. Even though the disc never left the Xbox in that time.

Ixoye56
29-08-2015, 09:17

If you must start over again, maybe it's best to delete your player file (everyware) and reinstall the game and start with a fresh game save, a computer program rarely works optimally when doing a major upgrade, a new fresh installation always works best, it is the same with Windows.

BMWE87
29-08-2015, 09:41
If you must start over again, maybe it's best to delete your player file (everyware) and reinstall the game and start with a fresh game save, a computer program rarely works optimally when doing a major upgrade, a new fresh installation always works best, it is the same with Windows.

Done that already.

Are you loading via disc or digital? The reason I ask is that I had that a couple of months ago and I took the disc out gave it a little clean and worked a treat. Even though the disc never left the Xbox in that time.

Disc. Tried it. Playing it now so let's see waht happens.