PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit camera not correct Bentley Continental GT3

Wildcat270
28-08-2015, 21:57
After looking at it more the steering wheel is lined up perfectly on the bentley it's just the camera in cockpit view is centered for most normal cars but in the bentley the driver position is slightly towards the center of the car giving the default camera positon it shows the wheel off to the left when in actuality the camera just needs to be moved to left slightly. Hope this get fixed in an upcoming patch. Not a deal breaker by any means. Love the game

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
28-08-2015, 22:13
What exactly is the steering wheel lined up perfectly with? The seat? The driver model?

Wildcat270
29-08-2015, 03:28
The steering is lined up perfectly with the seat but the eyes view is lined up to the right of that. Bentley has the driver positon closer towards center of the car instead of more to the right like normal seating

Wildcat270
29-08-2015, 03:34
See the camera is more to the right of the actual seating position. The wheel is lined up with the seat as the driver is offset towards the center I guess for weight distribution. So the head position in that view should be a little more left.

Paulo Ribeiro
29-08-2015, 08:52
Maybe 1mm or half more to the right? :barbershop_quartet_

MetheadMan
29-08-2015, 12:16
To be honest it's fine that way anyhow even if it is just slightly over on one side. Lets the driver see one full mirror. I really hate the cars that don't give you a view of the mirrors when using the static camera. Pressing a button to look left and right is usually to sensitive.

Wildcat270
29-08-2015, 13:05
Probably 1mm more to the left to make the steering wheel centered and MetheadMan all you need to do is change the FOV to make you be able to see more.

TheReaper GT
29-08-2015, 14:27
I guess the problem is not the steering wheel, it' the motec. SMS put the motec on the dash for better visualization with the default fov. The real car has it on the steering colum. way bellow the one in the game:

Wildcat270
29-08-2015, 15:05
I've seen that SOi TheReaper. But I've also seen some that had the motec on the dash. I guess with the different variatoms it all depends on which one SMS got their hands on to model off of

TheReaper GT
29-08-2015, 15:23
I've seen that SOi TheReaper. But I've also seen some that had the motec on the dash. I guess with the different variatoms it all depends on which one SMS got their hands on to model off of
I've seen the ones with dash motec too, but the three liveries in the game are from cars with it on the steering column. It didn't matter to me, I love the car as it is.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
29-08-2015, 17:40
I guess the problem is not the steering wheel, it' the motec. SMS put the motec on the dash for better visualization with the default fov. The real car has it on the steering colum. way bellow the one in the game:
216568Like they already said the Motec has been mounted in various places over the years, and SMS put it where it is because it was in there in the CAD.

Gavin Thomas
29-08-2015, 18:04

Think the steering column would have been the better choice for in game too, the one in game is to small to read at a glance, if had been on the steering column it might appear bigger and more visible.

Wildcat270
30-08-2015, 00:14
I know it's just a minor thing. I mean I absolutely love this car it's a beast. But I think if you use CTRL + K you can get the seat position right