PDA

View Full Version : New Patch Bugs

Marcel Walker
28-08-2015, 22:52
Down loaded the new update and did a hard reset. Went on the game today and the community and time trial events are locked and the modified car pack has gone. What is with this game, it seems to go 1 step forward and 5 steps back and it is getting beyond a joke. Any one else have this issue?

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 22:55
Down loaded the new update and did a hard reset. Went on the game today and the community and time trail events are locked and the modified car pack has gone. What is with this game, it seems to go 1 step forward and 5 steps back and it is getting beyond a joke. Any one else have this issue?

Time trials shall unlock after a restart of the game, at latest tomorrow. And the modified car pack issue is known since patch 2.0. You can simply return to the dashboard - my games and apps - waiting queue shows one object (the Modified car pack) - choose it, say install, that's it - return to game.

Marcel Walker
28-08-2015, 23:06
Thanks for that. Why are the community and time trial events locked?

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 23:09
They cleared the leaderboards. Had a look into them in the afternoon and a lot of them were untouched and virgin.

Dirty4
28-08-2015, 23:17
Having the same issue all morning. Both are locked. How many times do i have run through this procedure to get the time trial or driver network to open. Its becoming a 12 step effort to play. Do this, uninstall that, rub this, scratch that with your left hand and hope the wind is blowing the right direction for it to work.

Breathe Dirty, trying to stay positive but making it hard

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 23:23
Having the same issue all morning. Both are locked. How many times do i have run through this procedure to get the time trial or driver network to open. Its becoming a 12 step effort to play. Do this, uninstall that, rub this, scratch that with your left hand and hope the wind is blowing the right direction for it to work.

lol, I can understand you, for every patch there seem to be a necessary workaround. And to be honest, if the 3.0 had messed up the game even more for me, I would have given up. I am sure the TT will unlock for you too soon, you simply have to wait.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 23:31

You can run through it as many times as you want but until they unlock the leaderboards, you're not getting in.

Logan500
29-08-2015, 08:38

Welcome to the wonderful world of PC gaming, experienced instead on console. I have a high-end gaming PC as well as an Xbox One, and get tired of PC snobs extolling the wonders of the PC. Many games turn into just what you are describing with Project Cars, endless research projects in which you end up spending far more time tweaking than playing. The absolute, hands-down king of this phenomenon is Flight Simulator X. I love it, and have spent large sums on add-ons and hundreds of hours tweaking to gain acceptable performance, but eventually it just gets frustrating and you wonder why you're putting yourself through all that brain damage.

Project Cars is starting to become equally frustrating because the potential is awesome, yet that brass ring of stable performance always seems to be just out of reach and even attempting to grab it requires endless work arounds. Right now, I'm being affected by the 3.0 crash bug, and not very excited about trying any of the delete, reinstall, sacrifice a chicken to the voodoo gods "solutions" being proposed by others (who are even then getting mixed results at best).

Unlike the PC, we have a homogenous hardware base. This kind of stuff shouldn't be happening.

Dirty4
29-08-2015, 09:43
Welcome to the wonderful world of PC gaming, experienced instead on console. I have a high-end gaming PC as well as an Xbox One, and get tired of PC snobs extolling the wonders of the PC. Many games turn into just what you are describing with Project Cars, endless research projects in which you end up spending far more time tweaking than playing. The absolute, hands-down king of this phenomenon is Flight Simulator X. I love it, and have spent large sums on add-ons and hundreds of hours tweaking to gain acceptable performance, but eventually it just gets frustrating and you wonder why you're putting yourself through all that brain damage.

Project Cars is starting to become equally frustrating because the potential is awesome, yet that brass ring of stable performance always seems to be just out of reach and even attempting to grab it requires endless work arounds. Right now, I'm being affected by the 3.0 crash bug, and not very excited about trying any of the delete, reinstall, sacrifice a chicken to the voodoo gods "solutions" being proposed by others (who are even then getting mixed results at best).

Unlike the PC, we have a homogenous hardware base. This kind of stuff shouldn't be happening.

Spot on.

Dirty4
29-08-2015, 09:51
Whats grinding my gears is that PC2 is announced and this is still having massive issues. Keep reading about "yeah, developers would have learnt from their mistakes from the first installment so PC2 will be fixed". What about fixing and patching this first before announcing a 2nd game. With the other AAA racing title around the corner this game could soon be gathering dust on the pile of shame. Please patch and get it right. Has so much potential.

BMWE87
29-08-2015, 09:54
Whats grinding my gears is that PC2 is announced and this is still having massive issues. Keep reading about "yeah, developers would have learnt from their mistakes from the first installment so PC2 will be fixed". What about fixing and patching this first before announcing a 2nd game. With the other AAA racing title around the corner this game could soon be gathering dust on the pile of shame. Please patch and get it right. Has so much potential.

There's 2 AAA titles and a potential 3rd coming out early 2016 that will divide gamers and some cannot afford all so they will buy 1 or the other. Project Cars is a joke of a game.

mkstatto
29-08-2015, 10:02

I believe the early announcement of pcars 2 has been excellently explained already as getting the community involvement from the beginning to steer it. Considering that in space of 3 months from release that the game has received 3 big patchs, I think pcars 1 is still being pretty well supported.

Dirty4
29-08-2015, 10:08
There's 2 AAA titles and a potential 3rd coming out early 2016 that will divide gamers and some cannot afford all so they will buy 1 or the other. Project Cars is a joke of a game.

Fast becoming alot of frustrating paying customers out there at an alarming rate. Gone are the days of having a spare hour to play. By the time you uninstall, redownload the massive patches (not everyone has super quick internet), and when you do finally get in the driver network and time trials locked. Restart the console 2 or 3 times you find yourself out of time and really, really pissed off.

BMWE87
29-08-2015, 10:11
Fast becoming alot of frustrating paying customers out there at an alarming rate. Gone are the days of having a spare hour to play. By the time you uninstall, redownload the massive patches (not everyone has super quick internet), and when you do finally get in the driver network and time trials locked. Restart the console 2 or 3 times you find yourself out of time and really, really pissed off.

My thoughts exactly. I've spent more time on this forum talking about bugs and fixes than playing the game since release date. It's a joke really. Worst game I've ever bought.

SMS need to know that they CANNOT release a game in this condition. We as gamers must stick together and hit them where it hurts so they learn a lesson with this shocking release (day one the game was broken yet they loved the deny it) 6 patches in and problems that SHOULD have been fixed in previous patches are still present. The need to be hit where it hurts. Their wallet. I for one am not buying ANY DLC or pre-ordering PCars2. I probably won't even buy it unless it's in the bargain bin.

Psychomatrix
29-08-2015, 10:24
Thats a normal process that developing of a game starts years before. Turn 10 even work now on Forza 7 and FM6 isn't even out yet. Not the complete company works all time on the same project. Announcement of pc2 doesn't mean that bugfixing for pc1 stops. But that 1 million times explained here.

KkDrummer
29-08-2015, 10:39
Thats a normal process that developing of a game starts years before. Turn 10 even work now on Forza 7 and FM6 isn't even out yet. Not the complete company works all time on the same project. Announcement of pc2 doesn't mean that bugfixing for pc1 stops. But that 1 million times explained here.

This! so you guys planning to play Forza 6 think it will have no bugs and issues? you can start complaining that T10 is already working on Forza 7 and possibly helping playground on FH3....and being brutally honest...if you have spent more time on the forums is because: 1) you cannot make the most of what the game has to offer or 2) based on YOUR experience PCars sucks as a whole...either way you should trade it in or uninstall it from your game library... Pcars will keep improving, but it will very unlikely be the game you expect Pcars to be.

BMWE87
29-08-2015, 10:49
This! so you guys planning to play Forza 6 think it will have no bugs and issues? you can start complaining that T10 is already working on Forza 7 and possibly helping playground on FH3....and being brutally honest...if you have spent more time on the forums is because: 1) you cannot make the most of what the game has to offer or 2) based on YOUR experience PCars sucks as a whole...either way you should trade it in or uninstall it from your game library... Pcars will keep improving, but it will very unlikely be the game you expect Pcars to be.

FM6 will launch with less bugs than PCars. I can 100% guarantee it.

Psychomatrix
29-08-2015, 10:53

I did not defend the bugs in pc. I only say that companies never work on one single project all the time.

mkstatto
29-08-2015, 11:30

Maybe that will be because they have 4 times the budget and manpower. If you so hooked up on forza, I suggest you maybe move your discussion to those forums instead of clogging up Pcars with unhelpful 'x game will be better' drivel.

BMWE87
29-08-2015, 11:33
Maybe that will be because they have 4 times the budget and manpower. If you so hooked up on forza, I suggest you maybe move your discussion to those forums instead of clogging up Pcars with unhelpful 'x game will be better' drivel.

Where have I said I'm so hooked up on Forza? I suggest you read my posts before you reply with bollocks.

mkstatto
29-08-2015, 11:36

Where have I said I'm so hooked up on Forza? I suggest you read my posts before you reply with bollocks.

Firstly mind your language, secondly read above.

Edit:
FM6 can't come soon enough IMO. I've been more than patient with this game. Fuming.

jack1984
29-08-2015, 11:37
Maybe that will be because they have 4 times the budget and manpower.

That is off course never a valid excuse. If you have limited resources, you have to manage the project far tighter in scope and ambition. Better a smaller game with a solid core than a big game with all the bells and whistles but incomplete and bugged.

KkDrummer
29-08-2015, 11:42

few bugs is not = no bugs...I think the point I am trying to make is, can you live with those bugs? can you still have fun and enjoy the game? if not, drop it.....it is not like Pcars came out yesterday...4 months should be enough time to make a simple decision.....

diesel97
29-08-2015, 13:10
That is off course never a valid excuse. If you have limited resources, you have to manage the project far tighter in scope and ambition. Better a smaller game with a solid core than a big game with all the bells and whistles but incomplete and bugged.

Well how about the big 6 in their title that should have something to do with it. Six games of copie and paste i would hope it would be close right

jack1984
29-08-2015, 13:55
Well how about the big 6 in their title that should have something to do with it. Six games of copie and paste i would hope it would be close right

I hope you understand that the software architecture of Forza 2 differs completely from 5, to give an example. Little copy and paste I guess. And even that would be true, did the first Forza (or GT) came out with that many bugs?

And then it is still no valid excuse to release a game in the state PCars was released. Now after patch 3.0, the game feels te me what should be a proper retail version in stead of a paid beta-version. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game but I am just being critical about how the game was released.

diesel97
29-08-2015, 14:08
I hope you understand that the software architecture of Forza 2 differs completely from 5, to give an example. Little copy and paste I guess. And even that would be true, did the first Forza (or GT) came out with that many bugs?

And then it is still no valid excuse to release a game in the state PCars was released. Now after patch 3.0, the game feels te me what should be a proper retail version in stead of a paid beta-version. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game but I am just being critical about how the game was released.

Did the atria 2600 pole postion have less bugs then Forza 1 ?

jack1984
29-08-2015, 14:29
Did the atria 2600 pole postion have less bugs then Forza 1 ?

Yes, but I think Pong had even less bugs.

Anyway, ignoring the rest of my post? No problem, but posts like yours won't add a lot of value in that case I am afraid.

diesel97
29-08-2015, 14:34
Yes, but I think Pong had even less bugs.

Anyway, ignoring the rest of my post? No problem, but posts like yours won't add a lot of value in that case I am afraid.

and what does Forza 6 have to do with this thread ?

d4ninho
29-08-2015, 14:38
started to think that pcars is actually a bug and not a game.

jack1984
29-08-2015, 14:56
and what does Forza 6 have to do with this thread ?

Nothing, Forza 6 doesn't even matter. You really don't get point?

I was responding to someone in this discussion where it was claimed that Forza 6 woud have less bugs because of more resources (manpower and money). While true, this is NOT a valid excuse for developers with less resources to release games in the state PCars was released. That's the main point...

BMWE87
29-08-2015, 17:31
Firstly mind your language, secondly read above.

Edit:

That still doesn't mean I'm hooked on Forza. The stupidity of some people. Don't tell me what I can and can't do.. Thanks.

2 AAA Titles = NFS and FM6, with the third being AC. So how is that only hooked on Forza?

FM6 WILL release with less bugs than PCars, PCars was in appalling condition when it released. It's a fact.

mkstatto
29-08-2015, 17:48
That still doesn't mean I'm hooked on Forza. The stupidity of some people. Don't tell me what I can and can't do.. Thanks.

2 AAA Titles = NFS and FM6, with the third being AC. So how is that only hooked on Forza?

FM6 WILL release with less bugs than PCars, PCars was in appalling condition when it released. It's a fact.

You can't go around shouting bollocks and calling people stupid if you wish to engage in positive discussion and for people to take you seriously. As I've previously stated I don't know what your trying to achieve effectively saying the developers should be scared of upcoming titles.

More can be achieved to make the great game better by helping to intenify and iron out bugs and improving the game. The issues in the past have been gone over till the cows come home, I see no point in endlessly bringing up this drivel.

VERBAL KINT
29-08-2015, 19:28
You can't go around shouting bollocks and calling people stupid if you wish to engage in positive discussion and for people to take you seriously. As I've previously stated I don't know what your trying to achieve effectively saying the developers should be scared of upcoming titles.

More can be achieved to make the great game better by helping to intenify and iron out bugs and improving the game. The issues in the past have been gone over till the cows come home, I see no point in endlessly bringing up this drivel.

Project Cars is shite. Nuff said.

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 20:13
Mind your language lol, some people crack me up

TKMSte66
29-08-2015, 22:16
The condition that PCars was released in was pretty shocking tbh.

Shame that Forza is the dullest game in the world.

AC on the other hand i'm excited about.

Del Zotto x82x
29-08-2015, 23:00

There's a few major reasons for that. 1: Forza is an xbox exclusive title. PCARS is for PC, PS4 and xbox. 2: PCARS has dynamic weather and time of day.. Forza will not. Those 2 reasons alone are HUGE..

FIA
30-08-2015, 05:02
Game is all working much better.. best result is a fresh uninstall/install and hard reset after, then install game add 3gb patch after install game, hard reset.. Done

bluesky0870
30-08-2015, 07:17
There's a few major reasons for that. 1: Forza is an xbox exclusive title. PCARS is for PC, PS4 and xbox. 2: PCARS has dynamic weather and time of day.. Forza will not. Those 2 reasons alone are HUGE..

Ah, and these "reasons" apologise that a game is released in a state like PCars has been or what?

bobbylion
30-08-2015, 07:54
Ah, and these "reasons" apologise that a game is released in a state like PCars has been or what?

OK the issue now is this. The game now sells officially in the UK at the 27.99 price point..not a discount in a shop, actual advert on TV from Bandi RRP 27.99... after 3 months. New buyers are getting a cheap game WITH most recent updates...

Now the problem arises when people who paid 50 odd quid or more at release, for a game which was clearly not fit for release (don't argue against that point please, why would we be on patch 3 if it was released fine)

People who paid for the full price game will be alot more annoyed than anyone coming at it with patch 3 at 28 quid...

This game i paid second hand for 20 quid 2 months ago, and i can say its been well worth it for that...
People arguing on a forum one could of paid 50 one could of paid 28, so one could be happy with the value, the other not so much..

SMS regardless of what people say to defend it have made a mess of this release, to be selling it off at 28 quid now is desperate, lets hope they can afford to stick around to finish what they started, maybe Ian will have to sell the Ferrari.....

Ixoye56
30-08-2015, 09:23
All the whining will soon move over to T-10's forum, I am really looking forward to that.....

bluesky0870
30-08-2015, 09:49
OK the issue now is this. The game now sells officially in the UK at the 27.99 price point..not a discount in a shop, actual advert on TV from Bandi RRP 27.99... after 3 months. New buyers are getting a cheap game WITH most recent updates...

Now the problem arises when people who paid 50 odd quid or more at release, for a game which was clearly not fit for release (don't argue against that point please, why would we be on patch 3 if it was released fine)

People who paid for the full price game will be alot more annoyed than anyone coming at it with patch 3 at 28 quid...

This game i paid second hand for 20 quid 2 months ago, and i can say its been well worth it for that...
People arguing on a forum one could of paid 50 one could of paid 28, so one could be happy with the value, the other not so much..

SMS regardless of what people say to defend it have made a mess of this release, to be selling it off at 28 quid now is desperate, lets hope they can afford to stick around to finish what they started, maybe Ian will have to sell the Ferrari.....

We are in the same boat mate, I fully agree (and that was my only point) that the game was not fit to release. I only can't get that people like the one that I quoted is seeing the release state as a usual one.

Revealingly it speaks for itself that the game is available for half the money in that short time after release. I even pre-ordered that game and had to deal with the delays but I wanted to have it at day one, so it has been my risk and my mistake that I paid the full price for it. I never would argue on those who are buying it now for 28. As you know, I can enjoy the game since 3.0, and that only after a reinstalling procedure, so I still can understand people who are not happy with the game and who are dealing with issues that I don't have. I also can understand all the people who don't want to tweak a game here, set up something there, find a workaround for the next flaw and so on.
I think, their intention to use the console is, as well as mine, to put in a disc and to play. Nothing more and nothing less.

bobbylion
30-08-2015, 09:54
All the whining will soon move over to T-10's forum, I am really looking forward to that.....

Why can people not access 2 forums?

wraithsrike
30-08-2015, 10:07

A long with the paying Xbox community.

wOoDsTeR16
30-08-2015, 11:11
WEll this is new. Every time I click exit/back in the game the game locks up and I have to quit the game. I am also having the same problem on line but its when I go to invite people but again its pretty much the same deal, soon as I hit Y it locks up

OctoberDusk06
30-08-2015, 11:36

FM6/7/8/9 will launch for car worshipers, not racers, with no pit strategy, no decent tire wear, no cutting penalties besides grass with superglue, and no decent physics model to speak of. Have at it.

Please SMS, keep up the good work. What you are doing is both frustrating but massively refreshing on the console. I was an early critic, but I'll take the bugs coupled with your obvious efforts to iron them out and your clear commitment to make console racing more like SIM racing. As far as many are concerned that I have talked to in leagues, there is no equal to pCARS in general...and my bet is there will not be for some time. AAA titles? lol. Is that a joke? You mean in sales? Like Mario Kart? Again, have at it.

pCARS is the *only* title to get anywhere close to what racing truly feels like (as I remember) and it gets massively better with every patch. I don't blame people for freaking upon release, but how anyone can say the game has not been improved and well supported is beyond me.

TKMSte66
30-08-2015, 11:48
I do love this game....now

Now we just need the AI to stop cheating ;-)

Frog T
30-08-2015, 12:17
New bugs???? What about all the old ones? There still seems to be lots of old bugs and now we have had a patch, we have lots of new ones to!!

Who programed the AI drivers? were they 6 years old? did they get their driving licence free off the back of a corn flakes packet?

I have major issues starting a race because my TX wheel does not work until I get to 10mph it is locked solid. So if I give it the beans I drive straight into the car infront. It's bollocks!! also I have had wheel lock at 100mph coming out of the pit lane?? wtf..

Also on the load out screen it says the game is made in uk???? so why cant I use PSI and not BAR??

SMS in my eyes need a big shake up. We have had 7 updates now and its still broken. Sound glitches, frame rate issues, wheel lock, not enough assignable buttons bla bla bla nothing has changed we have had the issues from the start and still got them. Ok so we got a online lobby? (the most important bit) but that's not plain sailing either because if you have more than 7 friends your doomed. It just don't work!!!!

Megalomanic87
30-08-2015, 12:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2xs7dLvv2Y

EDIT: Sms, with this new lobby system, which i do like, why only tell us Lobby, Loading or Racing? Why can't it tell us whether they are in Qualifying or Practice modes?
Still need to go into a lobby for more information, it's a right pain.

Frog T
30-08-2015, 12:43
EDIT: Sms, with this new lobby system, which i do like, why only tell us Lobby, Loading or Racing? Why can't it tell us whether they are in Qualifying or Practice modes?
Still need to go into a lobby for more information, it's a right pain.

because the game don't like you racing. by the time the race comes you get kicked out!!

GRTfast
30-08-2015, 15:49
I did a fresh install, and it is a lot better. These are the bugs I've had thus far:

Time trial intermittently locked

Notchy force feedback every now and then

Game freezes on exit of time trial occasionally.

Game won't recognize wheel unless I turn off controller

Flickering graphics occasionally

wOoDsTeR16
30-08-2015, 16:32
I did a fresh install, and it is a lot better. These are the bugs I've had thus far:

Time trial intermittently locked

Notchy force feedback every now and then

Game freezes on exit of time trial occasionally.

Game won't recognize wheel unless I turn off controller

Flickering graphics occasionally

Yes, I am having all of the above along with the game totally locking up when I come out of anything IE time trial, practice, weekend...... But TT is the worse, no matter what I do today it won't unlock

wraithsrike
30-08-2015, 17:15
FM6/7/8/9 will launch for car worshipers, not racers, with no pit strategy, no decent tire wear, no cutting penalties besides grass with superglue, and no decent physics model to speak of. Have at it.

Please SMS, keep up the good work. What you are doing is both frustrating but massively refreshing on the console. I was an early critic, but I'll take the bugs coupled with your obvious efforts to iron them out and your clear commitment to make console racing more like SIM racing. As far as many are concerned that I have talked to in leagues, there is no equal to pCARS in general...and my bet is there will not be for some time. AAA titles? lol. Is that a joke? You mean in sales? Like Mario Kart? Again, have at it.

pCARS is the *only* title to get anywhere close to what racing truly feels like (as I remember) and it gets massively better with every patch. I don't blame people for freaking upon release, but how anyone can say the game has not been improved and well supported is beyond me.

Because for some people it's still unplayable, crashing back to dash ect ect most every time you load the game is NOT much improved.

I'm glad your enjoying the game but spare a thought for those that paid full release price and still after 3 plus months can't.

bobbylion
30-08-2015, 17:32

Nothing wrong with being a car worshiper dude.......I worship cars and love racing...can i have both games please, oh please let me....i have the money...

P.S. motorcycles and motorcycle racing beats ALL 4 wheel motorsport though....

Afer9
30-08-2015, 18:24

(This is my first post, I've been reading this forum for quiet a while and finally I felt the need to express myself.)

Couldn't agree more with you "OctoberDusk06".

I also paid 59.99, I pre-ordered the game and as everyone I had to deal with a ton of bugs.

However since the very beginning I felt this was the best racing game I've ever played.

Yes it may not have Ferraris and a ton of cars like forza, but man the driving and the physics feel amazing, the AI aside from the first lap (first couple of corners) is great. They fight for position and defend theirs like real drivers, they just don't giveaway and for the ones who really love the sport that's just perfect. Finally a real AI, not the AI who would break a lot earlier just to let you pass (F1 Games) or who would never pass you (F1 again).
Yes, it could use some tweak but so far it is the best AI ever in a console game.

Now I've also been frustrated by the bugs and issues with the game but at the same time I feel really happy with the job SMS has done . Nowadays almost every game comes out with a good number of bugs, some developers do adress the issues, but some others (codemasters for instance) just don't give a s...

So far SMS has shown they do care about their product, they stay in constant communication with their customers, all of their patches have been great specially the last one, it not only fixed some major issues but it also added some new features which are very useful.

For me, coming from the Codemasters "world" this feels like paradaise.

So yeah, FM will be out soon, it will probably have better visuals, but speaking of the core part of a racing game (gameplay, physics) FM wil be light years away from Project Cars.

I feel like FM is a game for those who love to show off, a game for those who love winning races by a hundread seconds without any real competition, who love cutting corners and going through the grass, who love crashing against each other....I mean those who love everything but racing.

Project Cars is for those who really love the sport...and the problem is most people don't get it.

Please guys, keep up with the good work you've done so far.

Apoc112
30-08-2015, 18:35
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but after 3.0 (as it was before), i still get massive "rubber banding" slowdowns on Zolder. Just had a LMP2 career weekend there, and it was painfully noticeable on every lap, and caused me to spin out several times because I can't get a proper feel for rolling on the throttle on corner exits when the game is going in slow motion.

Sankyo
30-08-2015, 18:38
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but after 3.0 (as it was before), i still get massive "rubber banding" slowdowns on Zolder. Just had a LMP2 career weekend there, and it was painfully noticeable on every lap, and caused me to spin out several times because I can't get a proper feel for rolling on the throttle on corner exits when the game is going in slow motion.
Did you try the possible solutions to this mentioned in the forum, like total power down of the system, using energy saving etc.?

Apoc112
30-08-2015, 20:54
Did you try the possible solutions to this mentioned in the forum, like total power down of the system, using energy saving etc.?

I have tried a full power-down just before launching the game, etc. etc. but it doesn't seem to make a difference. frankly, having to disable features i like, and resetting my console frequently is not much of a solution. :(

mrbrownnose
31-08-2015, 04:00
SMs should be stripped of their license to make games and all xbone users should have their money back. RIPcars

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 06:10
SMs should be stripped of their license to make games and all xbone users should have their money back. RIPcars

But, but...I'm enjoying it..it is after all a game.... it still has screen tear issues at times and some very questionable ways of doing things which seem crazy and not sure who was checking on this game during production...but after all is said and done for the 20 i splashed out on it its been worth it...

Will i buy PCars 2 on pre-order..NO chance. Do i have much faith in SMS..... no...

How many games go on sale for half price 3 months after release? SMS dropped a clanger on this but they know they can tap up more money from 'gamers' desperate to pretend to be apart of something...

The figures for this game must make bad reading...

Olijke Poffer
31-08-2015, 06:29
We paid a full price for a half developed game. It is nice to see SMS is on the bug hunt. Most of the users praise them for this, but hey, this should not be needed. The game should have been more or less bug free when it was released.
I think the developers should thank the users who still play with Pcars even after all those shit we've gone trough instead of we say thank you to the developers..

Again, great game but a half finished game. I really think this is a shame. Will keep an eye on Pcars 1 and hopefully it will be better playable after patch xxxx. In the mean time I'll put my bet on other games..

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 06:49
We paid a full price for a half developed game. It is nice to see SMS is on the bug hunt. Most of the users praise them for this, but hey, this should not be needed. The game should have been more or less bug free when it was released.
I think the developers should thank the users who still play with Pcars even after all those shit we've gone trough instead of we say thank you to the developers..

Again, great game but a half finished game. I really think this is a shame. Will keep an eye on Pcars 1 and hopefully it will be better playable after patch xxxx. In the mean time I'll put my bet on other games..

Well its 2 years till PCars 2 comes out and PCars is half price, so secondhand it'll be about 12-15 quid... people will be picking up this game for 10 next year after few more patches, come on here and be like "dude what was all the moaning about??"

I feel so sorry for the people who paid 50 plus to test this game...

Not sure what margin is on games, i'm sure its a lot, but half price must eat into that, and you have to keep staff on to work on bugs still? How much longer can they back this game now its cheap?

FA RACING 01
31-08-2015, 07:14

No doubt agree with what you saying on PCars giving you the true and best SIM experience, but it is kinda nice to to play FORZA, knowing it's gonna work, being able to race what you want, when you want, doing rivals that works every time, using a wheel without being attacked by aliens, painting a car on Xbox, racing online and it works every time, no crash to dashboard, no freezing etc etc etc. I know there are some that experience same for PCars and I'm really glad for them, but unfortunately I experience the opposite with the only thing longer than the bug list being the warkaround list - so I play what gives me the best experience that works every time. I'll be back one day when I can experience it like some others.

Olijke Poffer
31-08-2015, 07:14
Yeah, I never buy a game at the release date. With Pcars I did and I regret it big time.

WRT IVORBIGUN
31-08-2015, 07:36
I enjoy hotlappng and tuning my cars but there is one bug that drives me insane. Every time I make a change to the set up on my car and then enter the community event, the game will freeze when exiting. The same occurs in time trals also. The only way of getting around this is to quit the game after making my set up change and then enter the community event.

I could probably set up a private online session and tune my car this way but im not sure of the conditions the time trials, community events is set on.

In all my years of gaming I don't think I have ever played a game with so much potential that is spoilt by bugs. When this game works it is fantastic but sometimes in a 3 hr gamng session you only get around 1hr of gameplay due to the bugs.

Apoc112
31-08-2015, 08:22
No doubt agree with what you saying on PCars giving you the true and best SIM experience, but it is kinda nice to to play FORZA, knowing it's gonna work, being able to race what you want, when you want, doing rivals that works every time, using a wheel without being attacked by aliens, painting a car on Xbox, racing online and it works every time, no crash to dashboard, no freezing etc etc etc. I know there are some that experience same for PCars and I'm really glad for them, but unfortunately I experience the opposite with the only thing longer than the bug list being the warkaround list - so I play what gives me the best experience that works every time. I'll be back one day when I can experience it like some others.

Spot on. PCars is the game I want to play, but it's an unbearable chore to play it how I want. I tried a couple times after 3.0 to get MP games going with friends, but after several crashes to the home screen for each of us, we just went and played FM5. It worked just fine and was stable for 2+ hours of racing with no hiccups whatsoever. Yeah, we all groaned for the first race about how the FFB doesn't feel great and commiserated about the lack of grip, but you know what? We raced, and it was damn fun.

I'll continue to stay updated on the status of PCars through the forums here, but I'm pretty sure my friends will be moving on to FM6 without hesitation. Hopefully PCars 2 doesn't completely divert the attention and efforts of the team from polishing PCars 1 into the gem it should be.

Mrbrown33
31-08-2015, 08:39
I wonder how many people will get Pcars2 on day release, Lol. Forza is 2 weeks away, this game will be dead in the water. Another broken game to the long list of games to come out this year.

Plato99
31-08-2015, 09:48
Since when has Forza allowed you to race what you want? Without grinding for months or doubling the purchase price with a season pass? Forza is the worst example of not being able to race what you want!

RoccoTTS
31-08-2015, 10:02
I wonder how many people will get Pcars2 on day release, Lol. Forza is 2 weeks away, this game will be dead in the water. Another broken game to the long list of games to come out this year.

I'm gonna buy PC2 on release day. I'm having a blast with this one even with all the bugs.

So back on topic :
Has someone else noticed the problem the OP described has gone ?
When i start my game, the community and time trial events are no longer locked.

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 10:04
Since when has Forza allowed you to race what you want? Without grinding for months or doubling the purchase price with a season pass? Forza is the worst example of not being able to race what you want!

I've always been able to race what I wanted to race in Forza, if you can't afford to buy you have the ability to rent, and grind? Forza throws credits at you what with the rewards system.

T10 look after those that have been loyal, I've played and mostly completed every forza game since Forza 1, in Forza 6 i start out as a multi millionaire lol.

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 10:08

Truth is one mans grind is another mans game.

FA RACING 01
31-08-2015, 10:22

LMAO. I've never grinded any game [perhaps on GT5 a bit] and definitely no need for that on FORZA where credits are raining on you. BUT I love the grinding anyway. And yeah, I buy all the DLC, VIP, season pass and whatever the game offers so I can race and have fun whenever I want with whatever I want. WHY - "Because FUN" and "Because MONEY" and "Because best example of racing what you want when you want"

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 10:40
LMAO. I've never grinded any game [perhaps on GT5 a bit] and definitely no need for that on FORZA where credits are raining on you. BUT I love the grinding anyway. And yeah, I buy all the DLC, VIP, season pass and whatever the game offers so I can race and have fun whenever I want with whatever I want. WHY - "Because FUN" and "Because MONEY" and "Because best example of racing what you want when you want"

See you on the grid, you early access?

Psychomatrix
31-08-2015, 10:48
Early access is good in my description of fm6 ultimate stand sept, 10th 2105 .... don't know where I'm been at that time ;)
Yeah surley a typo

FA RACING 01
31-08-2015, 11:13
See you on the grid, you early access?

Definitely will see you on the grid mate. I've ordered the hard copy, so no early access for me, but will upgrade on all fronts the moment I start on the 18th. Cant wait to to meet you there.

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 11:46
Definitely will see you on the grid mate. I've ordered the hard copy, so no early access for me, but will upgrade on all fronts the moment I start on the 18th. Cant wait to to meet you there.

I'll send you a VIP code mate FOC, favour 4 favour.

FA RACING 01
31-08-2015, 13:57
I'll send you a VIP code mate FOC, favour 4 favour.

Thanks buddy. Never wanted something in return, but if you have it spare, then much appreciated. Thanks.

AllenDMac
31-08-2015, 14:23
Maybe that will be because they have 4 times the budget and manpower. If you so hooked up on forza, I suggest you maybe move your discussion to those forums instead of clogging up Pcars with unhelpful 'x game will be better' drivel. WOW are you kidding

AllenDMac
31-08-2015, 14:46
Game is all working much better.. best result is a fresh uninstall/install and hard reset after, then install game add 3gb patch after install game, hard reset.. Done Wrong, did all of that, when I tell you I still got problem, going into pits wipes out my FFB have to restart the game, sound bug, locked Time trial, Driver Network, career, in game store and the list keeps going....not living up to pre release hype not even close!!

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 15:03
Thanks buddy. Never wanted something in return, but if you have it spare, then much appreciated. Thanks.

Not spare bud but I will get it as soon as it becomes available, I've had a look but it seems you can't get it separately at the moment.

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 15:08

How much man power or budget a development team has is irrelevant when the consumer is paying the same retail price upon release for the product offered.

You expect the quality of the product to aleast be reflected in the price paid.

mkstatto
31-08-2015, 16:58
How much man power or budget a development team has is irrelevant when the consumer is paying the same retail price upon release for the product offered.

You expect the quality of the product to aleast be reflected in the price paid.

Your argument is slightly redundant considering considering most games at release either use Microsoft's first party rrp of 49.99 or plus/minus 5. Their is isn't great room to manuve the price, and its not like this is an acarde title (or whatever their calling them now).

The games industry especially console titles do not work on the same ethos as other retail outlets where the price indicates the quality of the product at release. If anything indicates the quality of the product it would seem would be price point over time.

MissionBULLITT
31-08-2015, 17:32
Your argument is slightly redundant considering considering most games at release either use Microsoft's first party rrp of 49.99 or plus/minus 5. Their is isn't great room to manuve the price, and its not like this is an acarde title (or whatever their calling them now).

The games industry especially console titles do not work on the same ethos as other retail outlets where the price indicates the quality of the product at release. If anything indicates the quality of the product it would seem would be price point over time.

Stop making excuses they charged full price for a less than fully functioning game. It's really as simple as that. I buy Titanfall @ $60, the game works as advertised day one w/ minimal hiccups. I buy Sunset Overdrive @ $60, the game works as advertised day one w/ minimal - no huccups. I buy the game people on this forum love to hate for some odd reason FM5 @ $60 and it works day one w/ minimal hiccups. I preload Project Cars @ $60 and the game releases day one with a heap of bugs, all of which have yet to be resolved. So enough is enough with all this defensive posturing the game released broken is broken and will still be broken by the time FM6 releases or almost any other game for that matter.

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 18:14

Excuse after excuse, if I or most anyone else pays 50 for a game regardless of how much of a budget the developers have got they expect a 50 game, if SMS cannot produce a fully working AAA game they shouldn't charge for one

FA RACING 01
31-08-2015, 21:40

If price doesn't reflect quality, then quality should determine price - and I just love freebies.

BMWE87
01-09-2015, 07:55

Forza. Rewards.
Or rent the car for that one race.

I don't find Forza a grind at all BECAUSE of Forza Rewards. I have more money than I want to have in those games so if you want some gifted, be my guest.

Why should end users have to be the ones to find the bugs in this game. Yes games will have bugs, but THIS many. The whole PCars community has been beta testers whatever way you look at it.

So far my list of bugs since 3.0:

- Slowdowns on Dubai Autodrome, 125cc Kart Career when running across the kerbs. This was meant to be fixed in a previous patch if I'm not mistaken but it's not.
- Escort STILL rolls over as soon as it's touched. This was meant to be fixed as per previous patch but it's not.
- Screen Tearing still present.
- No matter what difficulty is set the AI is unbelievably fast on straight but dead slow in corners.
- Framerate issues.
- Rain tyres overheat in heavy rain (one race so I'll say it's just a one off).
- "Shadow box" around the 125cc Karts when racing in darker conditions.
- 250cc Karts around Silverstone and one in front of me hit a landmine and basically exploded apart.

There are more but I don't have my list to hand and my Xbox is fine with other games. It's in energy save mode so it always gets a complete off and on whenever it is used.