PDA

View Full Version : Work around work around work around

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 10:42
So sick of bleeding work arounds, take away to system of choice fanboyisam and this game fails heavily on all, go to GT planet and it's all about ps4 PCar's problem and helpful members trying to suggest work arounds, head to the Xbox section on her and it's all about issues and work arounds, I have one buddy who played in on his high end pc and showed me a site he belongs to and it appears regardless of how great PCar's is on PC by the guys on this site the rest of the world doesn't seem to agree and have gone back to iracing.

I like many others have had nothing but problems since I purchased this game and instead of being able to just play and enjoy I've spent more time playing with settings and do work arounds while waiting for patches and every time a new patch arrives so do a new set of bugs and work arounds.

Ridiculous it's gone beyond that, a friend has just informed me he got in touch with Microsoft this morning and explained the situation with his non playable game ( constantly crashing to Xbox dash) and they have deactivated his digital copy and refunded his account which he's now going to use to buy Forza 6.

Seriously SMS you are losing your customers in there droves across all platforms, yes you get the select few that praise your game no matter what but the varse majority of players are sick to the teeth of this nonsense, this game could of been great but in truth it's awful.

So what now? Wait for patch 3.5 or whatever your tag it.

I'm truly sorry for this rant but I've had it up to my teeth with bleeding work arounds to play this game, most of which don't work anyway.

Ripgroove
29-08-2015, 10:50
I pretty much stopped playing it a while back, every time I try to play there is some software/hardware issue that needs investigating and ultimately needs a workaround. I too am fed up with everything not working as it should on a "finished" game. I have a pretty decent PC and a Fanatec wheel/pedal, all with latest drivers, patches, updates and firmwares so you'd thing everything would just work, but sadly not.

Don't get me wrong it does "work" to the extent that I can pick up and play casually but I like to take my racing quite seriously and for that I need EVERYTHING to work as it should, every last functional detail and every piece of hardware needs to be exactly right, and this is where it all falls down for me.

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 10:59
But that's the thing it doesn't work casual, me and my son tried to do a MP this morning and within 10 minutes of play he was crashed back to the Xbox dash we tried again and his car started flying not on my screen but on his so not lag again the game crashed this time the screen just froze.

I went on to play career by myself and 3 laps into a race I was crashed back to Xbox home screen.

That's the thing it's not moaning for the sake of moaning we simply cannot play the game, Im going to try and get a refund from Microsoft for our digital copys the hard copy I'll just leave on the shelf, I've truly had enough of this nonsense.

Utterly disappointed in SMS. Yes they are truly working hard to fix this game but truth is I personally didn't buy into a work in progress and if I'm honest I can't ever see it being 100% there are just too many issues throughout the whole game.

GamingCanuck
29-08-2015, 11:47
What world do you live in where games are released today that aren't works in progress? I don't think any game released in the last 10 years has been complete upon release and not had any updates to fix things or make it better, that's the way the gaming industry has gone.

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 11:58
What world do you live in where games are released today that aren't works in progress? I don't think any game released in the last 10 years has been complete upon release and not had any updates to fix things or make it better, that's the way the gaming industry has gone.

Are you serous? Show me where it states on the packaging or small print that this game is a work in progress. Not only that but unplayable is NOT ecceptable.

I really struggle to understand how people are happy to part with there money for a product that isn't fit for purpose, but OK yes there are some but don't expect the rest of us to follow.

If more people stood up and said NO enough is enough that world that you speak of wouldn't exist.

Flaw3dGenius
29-08-2015, 12:01
So sick of bleeding work arounds, take away to system of choice fanboyisam and this game fails heavily on all, go to GT planet and it's all about ps4 PCar's problem and helpful members trying to suggest work arounds, head to the Xbox section on her and it's all about issues and work arounds, I have one buddy who played in on his high end pc and showed me a site he belongs to and it appears regardless of how great PCar's is on PC by the guys on this site the rest of the world doesn't seem to agree and have gone back to iracing.

I like many others have had nothing but problems since I purchased this game and instead of being able to just play and enjoy I've spent more time playing with settings and do work arounds while waiting for patches and every time a new patch arrives so do a new set of bugs and work arounds.

Ridiculous it's gone beyond that, a friend has just informed me he got in touch with Microsoft this morning and explained the situation with his non playable game ( constantly crashing to Xbox dash) and they have deactivated his digital copy and refunded his account which he's now going to use to buy Forza 6.

Seriously SMS you are losing your customers in there droves across all platforms, yes you get the select few that praise your game no matter what but the varse majority of players are sick to the teeth of this nonsense, this game could of been great but in truth it's awful.

So what now? Wait for patch 3.5 or whatever your tag it.

I'm truly sorry for this rant but I've had it up to my teeth with bleeding work arounds to play this game, most of which don't work anyway.

If not happy a refund is the perfect workaround!

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 12:05
If not happy a refund is the perfect workaround!

So would a fully playable game be, oh hang on, no work around needed. Result.

GamingCanuck
29-08-2015, 13:13
Are you serous? Show me where it states on the packaging or small print that this game is a work in progress. Not only that but unplayable is NOT ecceptable.

I really struggle to understand how people are happy to part with there money for a product that isn't fit for purpose, but OK yes there are some but don't expect the rest of us to follow.

If more people stood up and said NO enough is enough that world that you speak of wouldn't exist.

I've not had any major game breaking bugs on the PC and I've put in over 70 hours, so the game is perfectly playable for me. There are definitely things that should be fixed, but again, show me a game that's released in the last 10 years that was perfect at release and not had any updates.

Pink_650S
29-08-2015, 13:25
show me a game that's released in the last 10 years that was perfect at release and not had any updates.

If its only one, no problem.
Gran Turismo 5. No game-breaking bugs and worked perfectly fine at launch,
So will Gran Turismo 7, l'm sure of it.

And your argument is hilarious. I've stated it several times that only because some studios release unfinished games, its not okay for everyone else to do the same.

Flaw3dGenius
29-08-2015, 13:35
I've not had any major game breaking bugs on the PC and I've put in over 70 hours, so the game is perfectly playable for me. There are definitely things that should be fixed, but again, show me a game that's released in the last 10 years that was perfect at release and not had any updates.

Even though the game sales have been far higher than on consoles (ps4 anyway) i think the PC version has got alot more love from SMS than the consoles versions.

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 13:36

Between me and my son we own over 20 plus driving style games across 360 ps3 and xbone and never have we had a game where we simply can not play it until now, all previous games have had some form of minor bugs yes but PCar's suffers from huge game breaking issues for a lot of people as well as significant bugs throughout the whole game.

This game takes releasing games with bugs to a whole new level.

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 13:52
If its only one, no problem.
Gran Turismo 5. No game-breaking bugs and worked perfectly fine at launch,
So will Gran Turismo 7, l'm sure of it.

And your argument is hilarious. I've stated it several times that only because some studios release unfinished games, its not okay for everyone else to do the same.

GT is utter garbage, a kids game compared to PCars. Souless tripe for children who think its "real driving" oh and need I mention 'standard cars' lol

Pink_650S
29-08-2015, 14:16
GT is utter garbage, a kids game compared to PCars. Souless tripe for children who think its "real driving" oh and need I mention 'standard cars' lol

Haha.
I pointed it out as a working game without bugs at launch, not praised it as the best game ever.
But of course someone had to comment on it and say how garbage it is ;) gg

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 14:31

She never disputed that, so your posting in relation to what exactly?

Mahjik
29-08-2015, 14:34
Even though the game sales have been far higher than on consoles (ps4 anyway) i think the PC version has got alot more love from SMS than the consoles versions.

PC definitely had more pre-testing as there was no way during the pCARS1 development cycle to have testing for the console versions. Hopefully they have a solution in that regards for pCARS2 (which I'm sure they do given lessons learned from pCARS1). However, there is no specific bias for the PC over PS4/XBOX1. If anything, it's the other way around as those two platforms handily over-sell the PC platform. We all know they could releases updates/changes quicker on the PC, but they are keeping everything in sync across the platforms.

Pink_650S
29-08-2015, 14:38
She never disputed that, so your posting in relation to what exactly?

Fanboyism and pure provocation, what else? :D
Some people just cant discuss on an adult level.

PS: l LOVE the Gran Turismo games. And l had a lot more fun with them than l had with any other kids game, despite the inferior physics. (Oh, do l have to mention that there hasnt been a Next-Gen GT yet? Just saying...)

Sasquatch
29-08-2015, 15:00
http://www.modernprimate.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/popcorn.gif

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 15:05
GT not even close to PCars, not even close, just look at the AI in GT games!

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 15:08
Fanboyism and pure provocation, what else? :D
Some people just cant discuss on an adult level.

PS: l LOVE the Gran Turismo games. And l had a lot more fun with them than l had with any other kids game, despite the inferior physics. (Oh, do l have to mention that there hasnt been a Next-Gen GT yet? Just saying...)

Yeah must admit I enjoyed the Gt series and the Forza's, I just like racing games I can put on and have fun with even some on the early NFS games were great to play.

I don't want to bash on PCar's but is not fun it's merely frustrating and now it just won't play at all, I don't care how sim it's "meant" to be over the others the others were at least fun and fully playable and I got more than my monies worth out of them.

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 15:10

What has anything your spouting got to do with this thread, your replying to what?

What has GT got to do with the amount of issues PCar's has currently got?

Pink_650S
29-08-2015, 15:31

Come on, why are you comparing apples with pears?
Only makes you look silly.

F1Aussie
29-08-2015, 15:32
I've never had any real issues with the game

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 16:19

I don't even get why he's talking about GŢ, nobody even mentioned GT and the guys post wasn't even related to this thread, weird.

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 16:21
I've never had any real issues with the game

Nah its cool for some people I have one friend that still plays (Xbox) and he has no issues really, just a shame it's not like that for everyone :-(

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 16:43

How so? Please explain? You banged on about GT5 in comparison to PCars and i am pointing out that it is to me a garbage franchise and PCars has more soul and visceral feeling than Gran Turdrismo...
after all we are on the official PCars forum last time i checked? Why cant you cope with me saying that about GT?

GT is like a Japanese car, does everything it should, gets you from a to b, but with no soul......

PCars on the other hand is an Alfa Romeo... bits WILL drop off it and it will spend more time at the garage.....but it has soul...

Pink_650S
29-08-2015, 16:51
How so? Please explain? You banged on about GT5 and i am pointing out that it is to me a garbage franchise and PCars has more soul and viseral feeling than Gran Turdrismo...
after all we are on the official PCars forum last time i checked?

Haha typical troll. My last reply to you.

I referred to Gran Turismo 5 as a racing game that had no game-breaking bugs at launch, because one member wanted to know 'at least one'.
Yet you come out of some Xbot hole to comment on how **** the GT series is, although l only mentioned it as a game with a smooth launch.
Get it now, troll?

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 17:10
How so? Please explain? You banged on about GT5 in comparison to PCars and i am pointing out that it is to me a garbage franchise and PCars has more soul and visceral feeling than Gran Turdrismo...
after all we are on the official PCars forum last time i checked? Why cant you cope with me saying that about GT?

GT is like a Japanese car, does everything it should, gets you from a to b, but with no soul......

PCars on the other hand is an Alfa Romeo... bits WILL drop off it and it will spend more time at the garage.....but it has soul...

Lol what total twaddle

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 18:08
Lol what total twaddle

All you do is moan about PCars

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 18:09
Haha typical troll. My last reply to you.

I referred to Gran Turismo 5 as a racing game that had no game-breaking bugs at launch, because one member wanted to know 'at least one'.
Yet you come out of some Xbot hole to comment on how **** the GT series is, although l only mentioned it as a game with a smooth launch.
Get it now, troll?

Lol, I can sense the rage in your spittle flecked rants....

LamboMantisMan23
29-08-2015, 18:23
Banter

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 18:25
All you do is moan about PCars

So what? I brought the game it's broken to the point where its unplayable. And you say I moan about PCar's?

Oh your cleaver you are, what should I be doing? Singing it's praises.

Do you seriously not get it, what I'm I saying of course you don't, most everyone one here that moans Inc me does so out of frustration, we know how fantastic this game can / could be that's why we want it to work that's why we want to play it that's why we get sick of patches causing yet more bugs, we all really want this game playable for everyone.

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 18:38
So what? I brought the game it's broken to the point where its unplayable. And you say I moan about PCar's?

Oh your cleaver you are, what should I be doing? Singing it's praises.

Do you seriously not get it, what I'm I saying of course you don't, most everyone one here that moans Inc me does so out of frustration, we know how fantastic this game can / could be that's why we want it to work that's why we want to play it that's why we get sick of patches causing yet more bugs, we all really want this game playable for everyone.

3 odd months after launch its being sold for 27.99...... Brand new... We will be lucky to get all the promised DLC at this rate... I rember when Race Pro bombed and they juyst release all content in like a thrift sale...
My copy cost me 20 quid second hand so now as trade in it must be like fiver?

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 18:39
3 odd months after launch its being sold for 27.99...... Brand new... We will be lucky to get all the promised DLC at this rate... I rember when Race Pro bombed and they juyst release all content in like a thrift sale...
My copy cost me 20 quid second hand so now as trade in it must be like fiver?

And your point is?

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 18:49
And your point is?

Your whining about something that is essentially in the bargain bins, just enjoy its good bits.

Sankyo
29-08-2015, 18:56
Another thread closed due to useless bickering.