PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Triggers After Patch 3.0

BigFred
29-08-2015, 11:36
I realise this is to some degree subjective.

When we got the earlier patch, maybe 2.0, it made a big difference to the impulse triggers on the XB1 controller. It seemed to me like they were giving real feedback on when the car was losing grip/wheelspinning. They were good.

I tried PCars briefly last night after patch 3.0 and it seemed like the trigger behaviour had changed. There was a lot more use of the impulse, it was there nearly all the time and a lot of high frequency vibration. Felt quite unpleasant to be honest.

It seems to me now that PCars is overusing the impulse triggers.

One more thing, it also felt to me like the formula C handling had changed. Before this was a crisp, relatively easy to drive car for the beginner. But last night after the patch it felt like there was much more understeer in the handling. It changed the handling from something quite fun to something a bit less responsive.

Does anyone else agree with what I said above, or is it all in my mind ? I will try more extensive tests tonight.

Dan77 DESTROYER
29-08-2015, 12:43
Have you reset your controller in the game? If it's running the old settings before the patch I'd recommend reset it and configure again and go from there,
For me the formula c feels the same as before but I'm on a TX wheel

Perkele
30-08-2015, 18:04
Does anybody know if there is FFB slider or any other way to adjust impulse triggers? For me it would be good to get stronger feedback in most situations.

bluesky0870
30-08-2015, 18:14
Does anybody know if there is FFB slider or any other way to adjust impulse triggers? For me it would be good to get stronger feedback in most situations.

I am sure in the general controller setup is a slider called ForceFeedback...

the_monk
30-08-2015, 18:29
Have you reset your controller in the game? If it's running the old settings before the patch I'd recommend reset it and configure again and go from there,
For me the formula c feels the same as before but I'm on a TX wheel

how do you rest the controller?

bluesky0870
30-08-2015, 18:34
how do you rest the controller?

go to the controller menu and press Y. That resets the controller to all of its defaults. You have to remap all buttons again then too.

Perkele
31-08-2015, 09:28
I'm very sure about that too. But I'm meaning slider that affects only on triggers, not whole ForceFeedback system.

BigFred
31-08-2015, 09:46
OK, so last night I ran a long race on Le Mans with the Formula C (I know).

The impulse triggers behaved as they have done in the past, and the handling was as I remember (in fact quite light on formula C). So the impulse trigger response and handling appear unchanged. My original impressions must have been due to an unfamiliar car on an unfamiliar track with cold tyres.

One more thing, I did actually complete the 20 lap race, which is the first time I have managed to complete a race without experiencing the crashing bug (where the screen freezes but the engine carries on in the background, normally ensuring you are put into the barrier). I hope this is now fixed as it was very frustrating and stopped me completing any race.