PDA

View Full Version : Advert for PCars during moto GP practice

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 12:19
Now 27.99 in UK.....

Wow. Bet those that preordered for 50 quid are well happy,as the game has got better with patches its got cheaper!

Paulo Ribeiro
31-08-2015, 09:07
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55956653.jpg

Silraed
31-08-2015, 09:30
Seeing your threads one would think that a product devaluing after it's release is an new and alien occurrence.

Photonmonkey
31-08-2015, 09:41
Now 27.99 in UK.....

Wow. Bet those that preordered for 50 quid are well happy,as the game has got better with patches its got cheaper!

Seriously, what is your point? How many threads are you going to start about this, I paid top dollar for this game and am quite happy that new players may be able to appreciate what SMS have achieved with this title for less does not bother me one bit!

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 10:02
Seriously, what is your point? How many threads are you going to start about this, I paid top dollar for this game and am quite happy that new players may be able to appreciate what SMS have achieved with this title for less does not bother me one bit!

My point is quite simple, as its got better its got cheaper...why is that so hard to grasp?

julesdennis
31-08-2015, 10:08
My point is quite simple, as its got better its got cheaper...why is that so hard to grasp?

And this is a problem for you for some reason?
(are you losing money or something mate?)

Rodgerzzz
31-08-2015, 10:09
Is this not standard practice post release of a game after the initial surge of excitement and buying has died down? Plus from a marketing standpoint having an advert for the game at the same price as when it was released with a tagine "we've made it better and fixed loads if issues so it's now worth the money" isn't exactly going to wash...

On the other hand the game coming down in price may entice those initially sceptical to purchase the game at full price, aswell as appealing to those who wanted to see the bugs ironed put before buying. From that point of view it may bring more people to the game which is only a good thing.

Photonmonkey
31-08-2015, 10:17
well at least you are admitting the game is going in the right direction if it is getting better! which is I suppose something positive after reading so many non productive SMS bashing quotes recently on these Forums. However, it still doesn't actually make your post any more relevant. You are making a statement that because of the markdown everyone that has pre-ordered the game at 50 will be crying about wasting their money, I am sure plenty of people on here will disagree.

thegt500
31-08-2015, 10:27
Three words to sum up my feelings on this pointless post :

Paulo Ribeiro
31-08-2015, 10:41

Are you seriously? You just wake up in 2015?
Stop being ridiculous!

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 11:40
Three words to sum up my feelings on this pointless post :

Well yes, if you felt the need to post that meme, i'd say sadly you are bothered....

Why are people getting so wound up?

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 11:42
And this is a problem for you for some reason?
(are you losing money or something mate?)

Nope game cost me 20 quid and its awesome, love it to bits. I'd just imagine some of the folks that paid 50 quid at release a percentage however small maybe pretty gutted.... that is all, but clearly your not one of those people..clearly... hence why this thread hasn't wound you up....clearly not....

julesdennis
31-08-2015, 11:51
Nope game cost me 20 quid and its awesome, love it to bits. I'd just imagine some of the folks that paid 50 quid at release a percentage however small maybe pretty gutted.... that is all, but clearly your not one of those people..clearly... hence why this thread hasn't wound you up....clearly not....

So you made this post because you are thinking about all these "poor" customers (in your opinion) that paid more money (release day) that people who are going to buy it now?
I can see it now.
Think all these people that are going to buy this great game now,because they could not afford it in the first place.
So dont think about the people who had money to buy this game (or any other game) but those who did not,and now perhaps they can afford it.
:cool:

John Hargreaves
31-08-2015, 22:09
Thanks for your concern bob but I paid full price for my old fashioned boxed copy even though I had a free digital copy as part of wmd, and I don't feel in the least bit disappointed. I've had my money's worth ten times over having played pretty much every day for nearly four years. I'm pleased that a lower price makes the game accesible to more people and, as you so rightly point out, the game gets better every week.
Anyone who buys anything to do with tech or gaming expects the price to come down once the early adopters have done their bit. Please try not to be so shocked when that happens.

MacPhisto
31-08-2015, 23:43
I could also wait 10 years and then I could get it real cheap.

bobbylion
01-09-2015, 06:47
Some people judging by the abuse on reputation comments got real butt hurt by this......good.

bobbylion
01-09-2015, 06:51
I could also wait 10 years and then I could get it real cheap.

Not the point though is it? Point is a price drop however much you try to spin it is not a good sign of how a product is doing on the whole.

My point is the people buying into this game at 20 odd quid after 3 patches will not understand what all the moaning is about.

marcdxn
01-09-2015, 07:46
Pointless post if it was just to mention the advert then it would be fine even the price.
But to try and make out that people have been in someway scammed is ridiculous.

In this day and age people understand that the day 1 purchase or even pre-purchase is always going to be more expensive why wouldn't it be you are first the play the game
Many people have looked forward to this game for many years and wanted it day one so thats what they paid. From the time it was released and you posting this i've logged 80 hours of play.

I like to get 1 hour play for each 1 i have spent for it to be value to me because i compare the fun had to going doing anything for 1 hour... bowling... 10, cinema 12 (ok a few hours on that one but still halfed 6
So by this working out i've had 80 worth of game since release, 1 per 1 hour of enjoyment is very cheap and 80 hours is a lot more than what most single player story games offer.

My fellow league racers have double my hours and some even more.

was buying day 1 bad value for money.

Absolutely Not.

If i didn't buy day 1 and had to fill the hours that project CARS did i'd have spent more than 50

And just remember... no one forces you to buy the game on day 1 or week 1.

GuildWars 2 is now FREE for anyone to play announced this weekend... Don't forget to swing by the Guildwars Forum to express to their fan base how their product must now be failing.

bobbylion
01-09-2015, 12:38
So you made this post because you are thinking about all these "poor" customers (in your opinion) that paid more money (release day) that people who are going to buy it now?
I can see it now.
Think all these people that are going to buy this great game now,because they could not afford it in the first place.
So dont think about the people who had money to buy this game (or any other game) but those who did not,and now perhaps they can afford it.
:cool:

Huh? what the hell are you on about?
If 50 is a lot to a gamer i would suggest they shouldn't be gaming at all but trying harder in real life...

But you sure aren't acting like your bothered thy dropped the price so soon after release...keep that up.. have a LOL.

bobbylion
01-09-2015, 12:39
Pointless post if it was just to mention the advert then it would be fine even the price.
But to try and make out that people have been in someway scammed is ridiculous.

In this day and age people understand that the day 1 purchase or even pre-purchase is always going to be more expensive why wouldn't it be you are first the play the game
Many people have looked forward to this game for many years and wanted it day one so thats what they paid. From the time it was released and you posting this i've logged 80 hours of play.

I like to get 1 hour play for each 1 i have spent for it to be value to me because i compare the fun had to going doing anything for 1 hour... bowling... 10, cinema 12 (ok a few hours on that one but still halfed 6
So by this working out i've had 80 worth of game since release, 1 per 1 hour of enjoyment is very cheap and 80 hours is a lot more than what most single player story games offer.

My fellow league racers have double my hours and some even more.

was buying day 1 bad value for money.

Absolutely Not.

If i didn't buy day 1 and had to fill the hours that project CARS did i'd have spent more than 50

And just remember... no one forces you to buy the game on day 1 or week 1.

GuildWars 2 is now FREE for anyone to play announced this weekend... Don't forget to swing by the Guildwars Forum to express to their fan base how their product must now be failing.

Nope i just said it was cheaper and I'd wager it wound up a few people who paid full whack, how could you dispute that fact?

Bealdor
01-09-2015, 12:45
Huh? what the hell are you on about?
If 50 is a lot to a gamer i would suggest they shouldn't be gaming at all but trying harder in real life...

But you sure aren't acting like your bothered thy dropped the price so soon after release...keep that up.. have a LOL.

I still fail to see the point you're trying to make.
Price drops are a totally normal process that are happening to all games (and lots of other consumer products).
Some products will lose value faster than others for a multitude of reasons.

What's the big news about this?

bobbylion
01-09-2015, 13:27
I still fail to see the point you're trying to make.
Price drops are a totally normal process that are happening to all games (and lots of other consumer products).
Some products will lose value faster than others for a multitude of reasons.

What's the big news about this?

If you read the first post i wasn't making a grand statement at all, but the reaction of some people belies their apparent "not bovvered" attitude, the fruity comments on the daft "reputation" thing back this up further...

In my defense of a rather casual throw away posting whilst watching MotoGP, i was trying to explain that a percentage of consumers WILL by nature of life order be a bit narked, especially if your unlucky enough to of purchased the full price game, say a day before, like my mate did!

Not suggesting people will be killing themselves over it, but think its quite funny really, and it is very soon for a price drop considering some people were making silly statements on here about Turn 10 being scared of PCars.... I think its other way around..

Human_bean
01-09-2015, 22:20
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/13/136085/2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif