PDA

View Full Version : [Standalone GUI] Dedicated Server Config Generator V0.80 [Patch 4.0]

ichigobankai09
29-08-2015, 13:30

Features:

Most settings are adjustable.
Cars
Tracks (with Grid Limitations, and alphabetized)
Weather Selection
Tire Wear (Fixed: Bug in which choices were ordered incorrectly)
Fuel use
Blacklist enabler
Lua Enabler
Reads server.cfg and Lua folder
Overwrites server.cfg

Installation (Currently Personal Computer Run Servers Only):

Unzip folder, and move the .exe and the Resources folder to the Project CARS Dedicated Server Folder

Running:

-Delete the old server.cfg and create a new one on the first run of the Utility.exe, this is due to formatting constraints.
-From then on the Utility.exe will load the server.cfg settings on each new run.
-You can now start the server from the Utility.exe
-I recommend that you stop the server through it as well.

Download:

Additional Info:

This is a standalone application. Have not verified it's functionality with any GUI Launcher!

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated. Private message me or email me with the subject header: PCARS Server Config App at nickacosta93@gmail.com

Planned future features:

-Clean up GUI
-Include missing options such as Host/Steam Ports, API/Log Levels, Sleep times

Thank you to:

Stepan for the API How-To (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26520-Dedicated-Server-API)
apophis for maintianing the DS How-To (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22370-Dedicated-Server-HowTo-%28Work-in-Progress%29) up to date

clanAOD.net (http://www.clanaod.net/forums/cmps_index.php) <- currently race in their leagues, clean drivers, transitioning over to dedicated servers.

VTCC admin
29-08-2015, 14:13
setting player size to 64 even tho i set it to 24

ichigobankai09
29-08-2015, 23:10
setting player size to 64 even tho i set it to 24

I have fixed that.

VTCC admin
30-08-2015, 00:42
thank you sir

AOD_RTMPro
30-08-2015, 01:29
Big thanks to this great beast of a man, ichi! If I had $1,000,000 to give, it would be yours!

ichigobankai09
06-09-2015, 04:26
New Update 9/6/2015:

Now reads current config file and overwrites it!
Tracks have been alphabetized and will not allow server to be setup with excessive grid size.
Start and Stop Server from the Utility!

Alan_Bernardo
06-09-2015, 05:09
ERROR,

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at ServerConfigGenerator.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ServerConfigGenerator
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/EXT/Project%20CARS%20Server%20Config%20Utility%20V0.70/ServerConfigGenerator.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Why I continually mess with this program I really don't know. It doesn't work. Errors all the time.

And seeing that a great majority of servers are from other places than one's own PC, this thing is doubly worthless.

silicijevadolina
06-09-2015, 14:53
This DS GUI is amazing and works fine :yes:. Tnx mate :very_drunk:

ichigobankai09
06-09-2015, 15:47
ERROR,

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at ServerConfigGenerator.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
ServerConfigGenerator
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/EXT/Project%20CARS%20Server%20Config%20Utility%20V0.70/ServerConfigGenerator.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Why I continually mess with this program I really don't know. It doesn't work. Errors all the time.

And seeing that a great majority of servers are from other places than one's own PC, this thing is doubly worthless.

Looking into it. Although some server information would be appreciated.

erickgoldner
06-09-2015, 16:06
Got the same error here!

ichigobankai09
06-09-2015, 16:23
Running it off an actual server I assume? I'm looking into it.

I will confirm I have very limited resources to test that part of it, so it may be a while.

I will change the description just for now that it will only run on the personal WINDOWS computers.

ichigobankai09
06-09-2015, 23:02
Soo... the current version is quite buggy, I apologize that is entirely my fault I am working on a new update and will put it through some more rigorous testing before release.

ichigobankai09
11-09-2015, 23:43
I have just uploaded a version that removes the Start/Stop Server Functionality for now.

Additionally, this update fixes the Unhandled Exception Error.

I still recommend creating a new, server.cfg file with the application due to formatting. Back up your current one, delete it from the directory so the GUI doesn't try to open it and generate a new sample one as a starting base.

Enjoy Version 0.75!

silicijevadolina
13-09-2015, 08:01
I did not find any error when I ran the previous version of the server. Is it worth updating the current version? I like the start/stop function,but in the new version this function is removed,like you said.

Vitor Costa
13-09-2015, 19:56
Thks for your work. Is it possible to set up to have 2 class (ex lmp2 + gt3) in a race?

Snoopy
13-09-2015, 20:05
Thks for your work. Is it possible to set up to have 2 class (ex lmp2 + gt3) in a race?Hi,

this isn't possible, you cannot nail only 2 Classes.

At the moment it is possible to use Cars/Classes which aren't suggested by the Server.
With the way over your Garage you can choose them.

ichigobankai09
14-09-2015, 20:37
I did not find any error when I ran the previous version of the server. Is it worth updating the current version? I like the start/stop function,but in the new version this function is removed,like you said.

The exception came from making a creating a new config from scratch so if you had no errors then you should be fine. I'd keep using .7, .75 fixes that problem.

The server start stop will be back soon I just wanted to clean up that code some more.

silicijevadolina
15-09-2015, 18:06
Awesome news ;) Tnx for replay.

optimalspieler
17-09-2015, 15:25
Are there any plans to make this open source?

Edit: Also for some reason fuel use defaults to "Off" when I restart the program (all other settings seem to be saved though).

ichigobankai09
18-09-2015, 03:36
Only after a lot of commenting code and cleaning up ;)

RomKnight
18-09-2015, 16:09
Am I blind or I don't find an option for "Any" car class?

Vitor Costa
18-09-2015, 19:16
You`re not blind :D

ichigobankai09
20-09-2015, 12:35
The dedicated server config tool has no true option for 'Any' choose a car but don't enforce the car and the class.

RomKnight
21-09-2015, 16:04
But it could be written to do that :hint: :hint :)

M. -VIPER- Morgan
22-09-2015, 12:29
Great tool ichigobankai09.

One thing: can you please remove the restriction/syntax check at "Interface IP", because you can give the server.cfg an interface name at this point, "eth0" on a linux DS for example. On virtual systems you have often something like "vmnet0:0".
With the check such names are not possible.

Thanks in advance.

ichigobankai09
23-09-2015, 03:25
Great tool ichigobankai09.

One thing: can you please remove the restriction/syntax check at "Interface IP", because you can give the server.cfg an interface name at this point, "eth0" on a linux DS for example. On virtual systems you have often something like "vmnet0:0".
With the check such names are not possible.

Thanks in advance.

Will do, thanks for letting me know currently working on the new version for the Patch 4.0 update.

gbriden
05-10-2015, 03:05
So how goes the progress on the Version 4.0 patch it has been awhile now with NO news.

ichigobankai09
05-10-2015, 04:43
As it stands I am working on it, I am trying to integrate Lua Script selection into the GUI itself to help out(this is where the problem lies), additionally I was waiting on the extra content to add in. It should be out soon, sorry for the lack of news, college keeps me busy as well lol.

ichigobankai09
05-10-2015, 22:14
IT IS HERE!

Patch 4.0 update.

This brings, some minor tweaks:

-Alphabetized track and car class lists!
-Enable/disable LUA scripts and choose the scripts that you would like to run.
-Start/Stop servers button is back, only for those running of personal computer.
-Masking on HTTP-API IP has been removed as request for those running on linux and virtual machines.

ichigobankai09
05-10-2015, 22:38
Some thing weird has happened to it after building for release please wait some more.

ichigobankai09
06-10-2015, 07:12
Okay this time, its really out. Sorry for the delay. Advice: Make sure your HTTP-API Interface IP(or whatever) is set correctly otherwise the server kind of loses it.

silicijevadolina
06-10-2015, 15:49
Amazing work again :yes: :applause:

ichigobankai09
06-10-2015, 16:59
One more thing: Requests are more than appreciated and I will do my best to implement them if they seem like they will fit into the application. So feel free to suggest things if you feel like something is lacking.

I can say now that the next version I put out will have a built in option for "Any" Car class selection just to simplify things, for example.

gbriden
06-10-2015, 17:56
So maybe this helps I can setup a server Fine it loads and you can join things go wrong on the CAR selection side.

the Pcars game lobby reads setting correct but when you get into the room it is not the same actually it seems the car selection segment is not sending data correct.

Almost like it is not reading car class and model and sending information to the clients that join.

Sorry not a programmer can't say it clearer.

G

ichigobankai09
06-10-2015, 19:39
So maybe this helps I can setup a server Fine it loads and you can join things go wrong on the CAR selection side.

the Pcars game lobby reads setting correct but when you get into the room it is not the same actually it seems the car selection segment is not sending data correct.

Almost like it is not reading car class and model and sending information to the clients that join.

Sorry not a programmer can't say it clearer.

G

Strange, can you screenshot/share your config setup. And your server console output? you can PM it to me if there is personal info like your IP or something

gbriden
09-10-2015, 16:56
So my game is not reading the details correctly of the server I setup on a remote machine.

Say Server Set Track & force identical track yet when I join I can still select any track I like.

Say Server set car and the same thing allows ANY car selection.

When I select set same class it just limits the class to whatever car type that my game was in when I joined the server.

Now I don't think anything has changed but is there a chance this is a PORT read issue ???

ichigobankai09
11-10-2015, 03:47
Possibly, I'm still taking a looking at it but haven't found any problems on my side, unfortunately, I have yet to include custom ip and port binding and I will do that soon. That may be the issue.

optimalspieler
12-10-2015, 19:28
Thanks for the update!

Bugs I found in v0.80

Error on startup if config has non default values for ports or size
"Stop server" button stops all servers that are running. Probably difficult to only stop the correct one, so maybe rename the button to "Stop servers" or something like that.

Qxs
13-10-2015, 02:31
Thanks for this, made setting up a test server much faster!
Bugs(?):
-weather slots reset
-time progression resets

ichigobankai09
13-10-2015, 22:40
Will take a look, thanks!

Hyflex
23-10-2015, 01:30
Will take a look, thanks!

Hey Ichigobankai,

Requests:
- Option to AutoRun standalone software ON startup of server/computer.
- Option to AutoRun dedicated server on startup of server/computer.
- Option to minimise dedicated server & application to system tray
- Option to see players in the lobby/game with ability to kick/ban showing stats like how many times they've cut track (if possible), their current, highest and lowest ping (although it would be latency wouldn't it not ping)...
- Option to see & record current/all lap times & sectors and export nicely to a CSV at the end of each race/session (stored nicely by date & time), with an option to choose what directory to auto-save them to.
- Advanced option page to fill in other various settings such as host port, query port, steam port, http log level, http api port, http api interface... etc
- A "live log" of what the dedicated server is saying, but interpret them with colors and things like for example when someone leaves it says their username and reason 1 (can't remember exact line) which should be interpreted as: 23/10/2015 02:20:22 | AOD_Hyflex | Left the game
- Option to warn users on high ping (lua?)
- Option to warn users publically about a user who has had multiple incidents (Lua?)
- Option to set/add admins to a list and then they can write in-game commands via chat for example: #kick "AOD_Frosty" 15 min or #ban "AOD_Frosty" 1 hour or #private (would set the lobby to private/password protected) or #private kickall (would kick all members who are not in the whitelist) or #public or #lobbyname "NewLobby Name here" (Lua stuff again?)

Bugs:
- Allowed views has both Any and All (same thing?)
- Weather slots constantly resets itself. (Oxs reported too)
- Time progression constantly resets itself. (Oxs reported too)
- Generate config should restart the server. I'd actually change this, so you only have two buttons "Start/Stop Server" (which automatically generates the config) and when the server is running have a "Restart" button enable itself to be clicked, when they click restart it would stop the server, save the config and start the server.

I'd also suggest grouping areas better/giving tooltips for example "Control Track?" <-- means what, some people might think that if enabled it means the server controls the track or some people might think that when enabled it gives the "host" permission to change the track.

ichigobankai09
23-10-2015, 18:44
I will be looking into those features, and i mean all of them surprise surprise, I will continue to update this as a configuration tool more than anything but with the Lua integration I am looking at advancing it some more.

Unfortunately, I have no ETA for any of those features as currently I am drowning in school work. As Patch 5.0 hasn't made any huge changes to how the DS runs, there may not be an update yet for 5.0 unless Stepan changes something with the DS build itself.

I am taking a look at fixing the bugs soon however for the current version.

silicijevadolina
24-10-2015, 10:18
Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is it Lua? This term I've already spotted several times and I do not know what it is.

ichigobankai09
25-10-2015, 16:05
Lua is a scripting language, recently the Dedi Server has added support for it extending it's usability. See the API post for more, I am not completely versed in it myself but it definitely is useful.

ichigobankai09
26-10-2015, 20:59
Working on a new version due to the most recent additions made by Stepan in the DS. This is concerning access control. Unfortunately, I will not have much time this week until the weekend so it may be a bit, sorry! Please hang tight. I recommend building a new config from the config gen and then adding the lines regarding the access control, unfortunately this means starting from scratch every time, unless you use the LUA api to generate a rotation list.

silicijevadolina
15-11-2015, 17:44
Update? :confused:

ichigobankai09
15-11-2015, 23:22
Tough college time of year prepping for my final mid term as I type. However, with Patch 6.0 out I have been working on a overhaul of the entire thing. So it may be a little bit still sorry, wish i had better news.

silicijevadolina
16-11-2015, 17:31
I'm sorry, I did not want to be intrusive :D First study and then everything else ;)

-IGN- Spinster
22-11-2015, 12:55
So my game is not reading the details correctly of the server I setup on a remote machine.

Say Server Set Track & force identical track yet when I join I can still select any track I like.

Say Server set car and the same thing allows ANY car selection.

When I select set same class it just limits the class to whatever car type that my game was in when I joined the server.

Now I don't think anything has changed but is there a chance this is a PORT read issue ???

The way around this is I go to create in game to change the car that is in that class. Then the server will have the correct class. Seems the ded-server is not overwriting something. Once you have did this you can leave your game and the server will keep the class.

silicijevadolina
24-11-2015, 19:25
Is True ;):yes:

ichigobankai09
27-11-2015, 02:38
In researching it as I have been before rewriting some portions of the code, it seems to be a confusion caused by setting one thing in the config file, another if your using the LUA Rotate, and if you have a different class set in game. I'm looking at solutions but like i said it's slow due to school (graduate school specifically, tough stuff). But winter break is around the corner and I will be trying my best to get it out for you folks, with some maybe nice new and shiny features.

F1_Racer68
27-12-2015, 16:58
Any updates on future plans for this excellent tool? There seems to be some new configs on the server (such as security settings) that would be great to have in this tool as well.

For the most part it still works, well, but it would be great if the tool could simplify the HTTP API security configs.

ElNano
22-06-2017, 04:35
Unfortunately I can not find the Nürburgring Combined in the track list. Someone can tell me what the tracks id? Thanks!