PDA

View Full Version : Dev request: Feedback on new lobbies

Alexandru Marian
29-08-2015, 13:46
Hi guys!

First of all I wanted to say that we're aware of the issues some of you are having with patch 3.0 and have been collecting information you've shared here on the forums about it.

However in this particular thread I wanted to focus on the multiplayer aspect of 3.0 in particular. This new patch included some pretty big re-writes of the multiplayer logic and I wanted to get some feedback on how you feel multiplayer may have changed for you since the update.

Are you enjoying the browser feature? Are you finding games to join more easily?

How about the overall stability of sessions and game chat in particular for large sessions (8+ players)?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Dan77 DESTROYER
29-08-2015, 14:00
Lobby's are much easier to join and it's nice seeing how many players are in each lobby before you join.

Liking the new layout so far :)

Will add to this as I find

staer90
29-08-2015, 14:05
has improved the multiplayer, you will make races more people, but there is a problem:
in search of the lobby if there is circuit - spa, car type-gt3, then enter the session and there are cartype formula A and laguna seca.
These are examples, because it's so?

d4ninho
29-08-2015, 14:32
nothing has changed.

lobby chat does not work
pit stops do not work
the actual driving has been dumbed down to suit controller players
car tunes have been savaged so that we all basically have to run similar tunes.

surely you only had to fix what was broken not add more that benefits no one.

SuperKnurft
29-08-2015, 15:03
It's a big step forward, i really enjoy the new browser feature.

One thing i noticed is that i expected to see a endless list of lobbies, but instead i see max 5 lobbies.

I did a couple of online races with 12+ people, i experienced less stuttering when people are joining. So that's a big plus. Also the issue were the drive button remains locked seems to be fixed! :D

I had three bugs (never experienced them before).

The race was finished, but nobody returned to the race central (lobby). Race counter was gone, everyone was just waiting and waiting. AI kept driving, so everyone was leaving after a while (my internet connection was ok).

Also had a bug where the race was finished and my AI was driving full speed trough the pit lane.

And one while pitting in a race it did not anything, i just stopped for a sec and the pit was done (no tire change, no refuel). Weather changed to rain, so my race was over.

Also my online race stats are a bit weird. Says i'm entered 70 races, 1800+ pole positions in qualifying, 2000+ podiums. I wish i had so many time :D

Just wanted to say to your team: don't sweat about it. I am really happy with what i bought. I know some of you developers (owners) may have sleepless nights about the critique. Some people are never satisfied, maybe those people need to hit restart and see that this is one of the best racing games ever made. Nothing is perfect even in real life.

If you guys stop with patching, i would like to say thank you for the game as it is. If there comes another patch, i see it as a gift and thank you equally as much.

Best of luck, and sorry for my English.

OverHaased
29-08-2015, 15:29
Sound glitch has increased by a factor of 5 previous to 3.0 it occurred maybe every 5 laps. last night in a 14 player mp race it happened 3 to 5 times per lap...

Still no chat

Finished a race solid third maybe 7 seconds behind the leaders, post race board showed I was second... sure that pissed off the guy that actually earned that position.

Sky has weird lightning (flashing) effect with a cloudy preset.

MXR SMILER
29-08-2015, 15:41
On entering lobbies from lobby browser I found that the class was different or the track - guess that's just the refresh rate....?

TKMSte66
29-08-2015, 16:01
Sometimes when I enter a lobby I can select every car in the game eventhough it was set to GT3 and the track was set to a kart track........................ but in the browser it said it was gt3 at Oulton Park. I abcked out and checked but it wsas still Oulton. BAck into the lobby, Glencairn and FC. Back out again, try a different lobby.......same rubbish. Ended up doing a reset.

Had one occourance of it failing to load at Nurbergring in Clio's too.

staer90
29-08-2015, 16:02
while you're in qualifying still laggin when the people entre in the lobby!!!!

EMW Grogan
29-08-2015, 16:38
MP lap one, turn one, guy shunted me off, but in replay it shows he didnt touch me

Same race

MP lap one, straight after turn 3 ( curva grande ) guy infront of me somersaults for no reason ( landmine ? )

There are two wheels and debris as he gets to them he flips. Nobody had crashed infront of him

Video in my xbox feed ( i dont know how to post them here )

Also same guy had a qualify time of 1.26.xxx GT 3 Monza GP ( thats just impossible ) he started on pole.

EDIT

on Further inspection they were his wheels on the track that were waiting for him 200 yards up the track, as he flips over he has no wheels but there are a set on the floor..... this dont make a lick of sense.

It was an Aston not a Delorean.

nhraracer
29-08-2015, 16:52
while you're in qualifying still laggin when the people entre in the lobby!!!!

Yep. This is horrible matter of fact. Happens so bad if your in a turn when it happens it can dump you in the weeds.

EDIT: This is true of ps4 as well.

EMW Grogan
29-08-2015, 17:17
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=suspect%20landmine&sm=3

ok managed to upload it....sort of

TKMSte66
29-08-2015, 17:20
To add to my comment above.

When I join a race all cars are available to choose but the track remains the same as last time. Eventually I disconnect. It's as if I cant sync to the lobby.

poirqc
29-08-2015, 18:38
Would it be possible to sort online server after a list refresh?

By #of player, by track, by car group, etc.

barmydoughnut
29-08-2015, 19:45
I got into the browser list but when I selected one and it said joining session it would just stay there forever and not actually join the game. Otherwise I have had no problems as the game is far better than before.

donpost
29-08-2015, 20:27
For some reason you can't join private lobbies through friends any more, you have to be invited. You can't be invited if there is a practice/qualy/warmup session underway because you have to be in the lobby to invite and everyone will of course be in the session. Sounds small but it's really annoying for people running league races.

Lobby browser is excellent, as is lobby stability. Much much better!

HenTheKing
29-08-2015, 21:44
Firstly, the lobby browser is fantastic! I'd given up on this game after persevering with it from launch. The browser has made it infinitely better for me.
A question, this isnt meant to be derogatory or anything, why wasn't this in the game to start with? Compared to any other online game that matchmaking system was waaaay behind. Was it because of deadlines? Anyway.

Only thing I've noticed are the pit stops not working, formula gulf, Nurburgring GP, pit once, fine, wet tyres on, sorted.
Same race, pit a second time, tyres aren't replaced. Lose positions. Lol.
Freak lap times, I've noticed this twice, once on spa with lmp1, can't remember the difference but it was a good minute faster than anyone else.
Second time, formula c at the shorter Nurburgring track, fastest were around 2.01, one guy managed a 1.05! This was quali. So could be problems there if it actually takes the time as legit.
Lastly, clicking on a lobby sometimes doesn't load the lobby details, you'll have the info from the last lobby in there, it doesn't update either from what I experienced. Happens maybe 7 times out of ten.

Overall, very happy! Apart from one guy who put me on my roof!!! :-(
Thanks for not shafting us completely, what I mean by that is continuing to make the game better. It's awesome!

TKMSte66
29-08-2015, 21:53
For some reason you can't join private lobbies through friends any more, you have to be invited. You can't be invited if there is a practice/qualy/warmup session underway because you have to be in the lobby to invite and everyone will of course be in the session. Sounds small but it's really annoying for people running league races.

Lobby browser is excellent, as is lobby stability. Much much better!

Agree with this 100%

rtazz17
30-08-2015, 01:52
When I join a lobby 80 percent of time I sit there and wait and then get booted back out to race central.Very frustrating.I like the new set up with lobbies but if I cant join a game it does nithing for me.

STEELJOCKEY
30-08-2015, 03:31
Lobby browser great, like the fact you can see how many in the race lobby before I decide to join.

Still lagging during practice and qualifying sessions as people enter and leave.

Can't join friends' private lobbies now un less they send an invite, though I can join their party chat and request they invite me, which means they have to stop their practice/qualifying session and go back to lobby to send invite.

FIA
30-08-2015, 04:36
all is very good, there is some delay in the tracks and cars lobby list iv found from the online list
if you pick a track from the list say spa with gt3 when you get in the lobby its another track and/or car
the list don't always match to the race that's about to start a bit of a mismatch or slow to update back to the list...

Chavez LK
30-08-2015, 08:01
Problem when you race people can join the race....
Is there coming dedicated servers to xbone??

NeonFlux
30-08-2015, 08:33
The Browser is great and I'm sure it will make the game have more of a "community feel" but as mentioned by others there seems to be an issue with the refresh rate. It seems to show the track and car from the last race and not the current one.

To echo what others have said, unfortunately, the lag/stutter when people join is still terrible. Enough to throw you off the track if it happens on a turn. I have to be honest this is actually one of my biggest issues with the game - it would be great if it could be ironed out somehow :)

Not sure if this is related to the new browser but it's something I've not seen before and a similar incident has been mentioned in an earlier post. There was someone in my lobby last night who got extremely suspect times on Road America. We were in GT3 and he got a 1.50 in qualifying and a 1.48 in the race (in a Z4). Also he was down in 12th place when I finished second but on the results screen at the end he got first place. He was kicked from the lobby but got back in in time for the next race, which leads to my final point....

A host to kick function would be most welcome :)

TKMSte66
30-08-2015, 10:07
1 minute and 30 seconds lap at full catalunya in GT4 on an out lap??????????

Julien V10R
30-08-2015, 12:15
You can make as many pacth you want, as long as the multiplayer will not be able to play 16 without disconnection and game chat , the game will lose more and more players. It's a shame your game is fabulous sensation but these bugs will eventually sicken everyone.
Today, despite your patch , it is impossible to play more than 8 without disconnections . it is also impossible to talk in chat game.

Frog T
30-08-2015, 12:33
its crap mate, a bit more work needed. maybe fit another 8 cars on the grid and allow them to STILL be in the lobby at the end of the race. :)

DozerKitty
30-08-2015, 13:48
After the latest update, I haven't encountered the issues stated in the other replies. However, I do still have some features I really think should be at the top of the list for the upcoming update(s):

*Sort list by dedicated and private lobbies
*Sort by region, so you can manually search servers from EU, NA, OC, and so on.
*Sort out servers with 0 players in it.
*By pushing a set button on the selected lobby, quickly get a small popup that tells which sessions has been selected, and for how long. (For example, P1: 60 minutes, P2: N/A, Qual: 30 minutes, Warmup: N/A, Laps: 25) and which session they are actively in at the moment of inquiry.
*Searching on specific names is basically useless. Our league has a few dedicated servers running named [BSR]#1, [BSR]#2 and so on, but when I search on 'BSR' or '[BSR]', nothing pops up, and just says "Nothing found". Saw a random lobby called dirty_dog, and searched for 'dirty' which also did not turn up anything.

So there's still a few issues with the lobby which I would greatly appreciate could get a look at, to make it more manageable. The current search option are too general, so to speak. They're too broad, and when you try to narrow it down, it doesn't work.

Just my 2 cents.

- Dozer

Umer Ahmad
30-08-2015, 14:15
Today, despite your patch , it is impossible to play more than 8 without disconnections.
Not "impossible"

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38133-Thank-you-SMS

Zsozsa
30-08-2015, 14:45
Some issues:

-Game chat doesn't really work and it is independent from the number of the racers.
-When some people are already on the track and a new guy enters the lobby there's a momentary break during the race.
- There's an interesting "phenomenon" after patch 3.0. In the online lobby sometimes the game starts stuttering for only one racer and from this moment someone else's TX wheel starts disconnecting. It happened couple of times.

AdM1
30-08-2015, 15:29
Well it's certainly an improvement but there's still many little issues that need addressing imo.

Had 1 race, 6 laps but as the race started there was already an end race timer running so didn't even complete the first lap before the race was over.

robotdancingdad
30-08-2015, 15:31
Seems to loose connection to the servers during multiplayer a lot more now

Apoc112
30-08-2015, 18:20
i like the lobby browser just fine, but the stability of the sessions (and the game as a whole) does not seem to have improved for me. I hosted a private session for just me and another friend today. 12 cars on the grid, 15 minute quali, nurburgring GP circuit, 20 lap race. we both left the pits together in quali, and before we even got round T2, the game crashed us both out to the Xbox home screen simultaneously.

EMW Grogan
30-08-2015, 19:20
MP Race @ suzuka ( i know ) P3 qualy, P1 & P2 set off on the first red light at the start, the rest waited and set off normally.

As the race progressed i gained P1 and won the race. As AI took over i noticed it said i was P2, as i neared the pits it changed to P3

I entered the pits first and 20 seconds later a guy entered and parked behind me, 10 further seconds later another car came in and parked infront of me, this guy was given the win..... both were guys that jumped the start.

Noticing now virtually every race is buggy.

Set ups sometimes wont save session to session
Random cars doing weird things on track like ghosts
Odd ridiculous qualify times

caiorosisca
30-08-2015, 21:23
I can't paly online after the patch, no matter which lobby I select on the list, everytime I join the lobby it's setup like this:
Track: Glencairn East Reverse
Car: my current one
1 lap
no qualify
no training
60 seconds to start, I can only vote to start..nothing happens

TKMSte66
30-08-2015, 21:53
This is the problem I have been having. You can select any car but eventually it will disconnect.

x L0rd K0jima x
30-08-2015, 22:08
While browsing the lobbies is a big improvement for me, the stability for me unfortunately looks like its much worse. Sometimes, it would freeze up (or lag idk) and then 10 seconds later, I would see movement again, but then every now and then it would freeze up again quite frequently. Plus, it would also disconnect me from the lobby 88% of the time. Basically what I'm saying is that it still needs better stability as I have stated before, but other than that, browsing the lobbies rather than randomly being put in one is a step up. Just make it more stable plz!! lol :tongue-new:

Megalomanic87
30-08-2015, 22:14
I somehow found a glitched lobby, and raced GT3 cars around go kart tracks, what great fun!!!!

The new browse system is decent, but it would be nice if we could see whether they are in practice qualifying or racing, saves us joining lobbies only to back out and annoy everyone with the pop up message.

Pressure Drop
30-08-2015, 23:21
Thanks very much for the new lobby browser! Haven't had chance to play much but I did check it out the other day!

If I could make a suggestion, it would be that you could add more details about the lobbies, such as what rules are selected, and how many laps, things like that.

I will make a better post about it when I get the chance to play again!

Megalomanic87
31-08-2015, 00:41
SMS, you claim in the patch notes that you've altered the cut track penalty system to make it more fair,
I dont want to be cheeky here but what have you actually changed? I'm still getting cut tracks for literally nothing.

HEF51
31-08-2015, 04:55
Game chat still an issue. 13 drivers all with open nat and only a few people could hear each other.

DECATUR PLAYA
31-08-2015, 05:30
Game chat still an issue. 13 drivers all with open nat and only a few people could hear each other.

Game chat worked 3 races for me then cut out. It works fine for a few races then it just gets erratic choppy then nothing. When working it's good. Could hear 11 guys before it cut out.

wOoDsTeR16
31-08-2015, 05:51
I host a league race every Saturday night and the problems we're having people are losing interest and it's getting beyond a joke. I invite everyone in but if I hit Y to invite more in the game locks the xbox up. Game chat will work for me until the lobby gets around 6 people in then thats it, no one can hear me for the rest of the night and there are only a few people that can hear each other. And of course there is as others have said people losing connection.

TT is 80% of the time locked along with the community events, even if I quit the game it's hit or miss if they will be open. If I start a practice session or a race weekend if I exit back to the main menu again the game is locking the xbox up. In a race the game is still freezing on screen but you hear the game in the back ground still playing and when it un-freezes you end up in a wall. If I go into the game settings to change something once you click Y to come back it takes forever to get back to the main menu and the list goes on. I deleted everything including my game save after the patch and the only problem it got rid of was I can now save my tunes (On the cars I have used since) but other than that the game is no where near what it should be 3 months and 3 patches down the line, these problems need fixing asap or as many have said, people are going to walk away from the game

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 06:33
I host a league race every Saturday night and the problems we're having people are losing interest and it's getting beyond a joke. I invite everyone in but if I hit Y to invite more in the game locks the xbox up. Game chat will work for me until the lobby gets around 6 people in then thats it, no one can hear me for the rest of the night and there are only a few people that can hear each other. And of course there is as others have said people losing connection.

TT is 80% of the time locked along with the community events, even if I quit the game it's hit or miss if they will be open. If I start a practice session or a race weekend if I exit back to the main menu again the game is locking the xbox up. In a race the game is still freezing on screen but you hear the game in the back ground still playing and when it un-freezes you end up in a wall. If I go into the game settings to change something once you click Y to come back it takes forever to get back to the main menu and the list goes on. I deleted everything including my game save after the patch and the only problem it got rid of was I can now save my tunes (On the cars I have used since) but other than that the game is no where near what it should be 3 months and 3 patches down the line, these problems need fixing asap or as many have said, people are going to walk away from the game

Can i confirm you did the full re install?

If i shall not bother with that as it makes no difference.

capitaobarreto
31-08-2015, 06:57
Hello guys! Major changes in 3.0! I believe for the MP this was the patch with greater dedication ... and was amazing !!! The biggest problems were actually solved and only few adjusts left!

We ran into a small Brazilian league and are in a champ with 13 drivers who had stage on Sunday, in addition to training on Friday and Saturday. There were more than 20 races between 10 and 30 laps ... and still a few races to test the new mp browser.

Racinga - Renault Clio, Oulton Park and Brands Hatch, 25 Turns,
GT3, Brno, 15 Laps
Lmp1, Brno, 15 Laps

- Browser Features - Solved - Some lobbies are still open for a long time, waiting for the host start the race, but i don't believe this to be a problem.

- Sessions stability - Improved enough. And at crucial points. We had no more crashes in game lobbies, only some disconnections (drivers with bad connection, for all with open nat). Is there a filter to bring down a player with a bad connection? or something like this ?
The sessions are smoother, still has stteterings when players enter, more in qualy, but much smaller than before 3.0

- Drivers who had poorer quality internet ended up falling and because of that, we had a few problems with lag

- Party Chat - Tested with few drivers, working well. Maximum 4 drivers in the test

- Players in the lobby - Host various lobbies with 16 players without problems.

- Pits - Running smoothly for everyone. Some calibration differences, change in consumption of tires but in general, the major problem was the pits have been resolved. We stopped only one time in most races, so we can not evaluate races with more than one PIT or climatic variation. Climate always fixed.

- Crash game - FINISHED! Hell Yeah!

It was great .... now yes it is possible to have good online racing!

Now are some ...

- Problems
Time to refresh is still a problem for some players (carry lobbies with different tracks and configs)

To finish the race, the lobby does not end with falling drivers failed to save the replay, drivers who abandoned race locking the lobby ...

Replay - Attention Point - Missing the name of the drivers on the bar (Over time perhaps); switching between drivers (cameras) is random (if you are following a dispute in the replay, he jumps from the 1st to the 7th, then to the 5th and then to 13th and as it's not possible to see the drivers name, hinders rather ); The cars not maintaining correct liveries, changing the same replay saved by two different players, being difficult to identify who is who. And some cars leaving the lobby appear stationary at the start during replay.

Some of sky flashes during races (gray blink)

Weather Variation - We still cannot setup only 2 random slots in a race. If you set 2 slots, only avaliable the 2x times weather progression... which in short races (40 minutes) cause three changes ...

Link with Live - Invite via Xboxlive aren't working. Chat invite, game invite or others doesn't work. You have to invite via Pcars.

Suggestions

- Insert time table accessible in hud - Order and distance in time of all lobby drivers (or 10, 5/1)

- Message to drivers who are the bad connection warning that they can be disconnected

- Weather - Enable the option to 1x in the progression of weather and when the host select two slots with this option, the weather will change only 2 times in full session (P1 + P2 + Q + Wp + R or whatever is select for host)

- Check the online racing completion routine - Time to save the replay and lobby drivers output (make sure they will show up in the saved replay)

- Adjust the replay - Keep liveries, set the order of cars (preferably the order of the race, as in the practice of the monitor), and insert the names. It would help a lot with the broadcasts and we are quite willing to start doing (again ... lol or get real ... then know the league channel, several battles on Race Pro - https://www.youtube.com/user/liga1av

Car selection - When you enter in My Garage, select the category, and livery car, go straight back to the lobby to avoid change. If possible show livery that the pilot chose in lobby

I hope this helps :cool:

Ps. Nobody did reinstall or full reinstall or deleted gamesave. Hard reset and race !

wOoDsTeR16
31-08-2015, 07:01
Can i confirm you did the full re install?

If i shall not bother with that as it makes no difference.

Yes, I deleted everything, DLCs, game and game save. I even put it on the xbox as where before I had it on my external HD.

housty01
31-08-2015, 09:40
when joining lobby game chat still not good, have joined and my car selection is a bentley gt3 and in the drivers list it is the aston martin, this happens a lot, i reset my saved data btw............still throws me back to race central, seems to hold the previous lobby settings of track and car, if the hosts internet is not the best cars Ai cars bounce about the track, lobbys sit in loading for a long time infact never get to race.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 10:57
OK so here goes.

-Game chat works until you get to about 5 or 6 people, then the Host can hear no one, and only a few people can hear each other. This was tested with 12 people, all with Open Nat and 11 of 12 have Hard Wired connections.

-That said, the STABILITY of the lobby seems improved, but since we need to talk to each other for our league race, we went to Skype in the middle of practice. To that point I didnt get dashboarded as the Host, and only one guy had problems staying connected. (I suspect it was a WiFi thing)

-No one can join off your name if it is set to private. Which is annoying, but i didnt have an issue Inviting people from the Lobby screen within the practice session.

-Did not lose FFB during session change

-No one had locked 'Drive' button

-FFB gets corrupted. Ill try and explain this as best I can, it happened before 3.0 too in MP. Something happens to the FFB, seemingly Randomly in MP. Something corrupts the FFB to the point of Doubling a tire input, It happened to me and one other racer last night, its happened before. The FFB seemingly multiplies in strength by atleast double. Not only that it gets very very twitchy, like all of a sudden the Master Scale has increased for no reason, and the Tire Force is multiplied. This ONLY happens in Multiplayer, and "Returning to Pits" seemed to correct it, but it does happen. If I knew how to get it to reproduce I would tell you trust me, all I can say for sure is it happens in MP only and could be due to someone joining/leaving.

-The replays are a little better but liveries dont save, and some truly funky stuff happens with missing cars. Also I guess when you switch cars it switches in Qualifying order? so later in the race if people are in different positions theres no way to know what car your switching too, also no names on the replay controls makes that impossible when the liveries dont save.

-The pit stops. Only get softs in dry, Wets in Rain..

-Weather So rain drops appear on the screen in any exterior vehicle view FIRST, before they show on the Windscreen from interior views. MUCH earlier, and MUCH later. The Pit engineer DOES NOT always inform racers of changing weather, and if he does, hes usually wrong. SO, when the weather starts to change to rain, you cannot pit to put Wets on right away. The weather needs to fully transition to the Rain slot for the game to put Wets on your car. Me and a handful of other drivers got screwed by having to pit twice to get the right tires, its frustrating because there is no concrete way to know how long to wait to pit for wets. Unless you constantly hit Start to see the forecast and even then im not sure how it works.

- Sync to Race does not work.

-Blue Flags Do not work. Lapped cars do not get blue flag warnings when they should. (Player Cars not AI)

-Actually noticed the skip when someone joins was a bit better. Dont think itll ever go away, I can accept that, and it seemed better last night.

Overall it seems improved as far as Stability. But the pit stops are still a bone of contention. PLEASE FIX THEM ASAP and roll out a hotfix if you guys Can. Once thats sorted it really is easy to deal with the other issues. Thanks!

for anyone who doesnt know about the Pit stop issue in MP
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38119-3-0-Pits-Bugs/page2

^^ Post #12

oneBIGkicker
31-08-2015, 16:58
At work , will keep it short.
Played all weekend, MP
So much better than before.

Chat still not working correctly, same as before, Will be able to chat with 1-3 players, out of those 3, some can hear others, but I dont.

cant join session? ,I assume its.... if I join a lobby and unable to join session, this means to me they are currently RACING and no one can join session, you can join lobby but not session
If you join lobby and just sit there for a session you cant join, it will disconnect you.

Lose FFB on wheel? Turn off Controler, Hit A on Wheel, turn controller back on, FFB is back

The browser is a bit slow, it might show GT# but when I join, they changed to FA,,, Lobby discription should update quicker

IMO the lag bomb when someone joins is better, not perfect and at times its bad, other times not so bad

Megalomanic87
31-08-2015, 18:28
Getting rubber banding again if more than 8 players are racing.
Cut track system still massively flawed.

Graphics glitch on back of car,
Clouds flickering,
Cars rubber banding real bad ahead of me.

Look for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mbuu_8exw8

Guys, what is actually going on? It's been 3 over months and this is still knackered, you should be focusing all you can to fix it rather than splitting the team in 2 for the next Pcars game. Absolute nonsense.

I'm sick of Hard Resetting this, Re installing that, Deleting this, unplugging that.
This is broken. Beyond repair? Hopefully not, as this game is good when you get lucky and it runs well.

Rant over.

bc525
31-08-2015, 19:19
Spent the weekend trying Xbox online multiplayer and noticed these specific issues:

+ make a selection from the available cars in the lobby, but when I join the event (practice or qualifying) I’m in a different car than I selected. This was most noticeable in the GT3 class – I would select the BMW Z4 but when I joined the practice or qualifying session I would be in an Aston Martin Vantage. Seemed to always default me to the Aston Martin for some reason. This happened several times, and almost always when I first joined a new lobby. After a few races, then I could accurately select a car. Very weird.

+ if the session had 10 or more players then severe stuttering/surging/warping/lagging would occur. It made the car very difficult to control, and racing closely with other players was basically impossible. 9 or fewer players and usually everything was fine. Weather didn’t seem to have any effect.

+ in general the lobby browser was working. It did need to be refreshed often (Y button on Xbox controller), but that’s understandable as players are joining/quitting, hosts are constantly updating settings, etc. However, occasionally when joining a lobby, it will have default settings as Glencairn East Reverse, 1 lap, no practice, no qualifying. And it will stay on those setting no matter what, forcing me to exit.

+ Game lags very badly (worse than before) when a new player joins during practice or qualifying. The stutter can be so bad at times that if I’m in a corner it will send me off and cause me to get a penalty and nullify my lap – which can really hurt on a hot lap during qualifying.

(Note: I didn't try pit stops during multiplayer so I can't comment on that. I don't use a mic, so I can't comment on in-game chat.)

Raven403
31-08-2015, 19:25
(Note: I didn't try pit stops during multiplayer so I can't comment on that. I don't use a mic, so I can't comment on in-game chat.)

Pit stops are still not working properly, It was now tested and confirmed on PC as well. If you pit in multiplayer, You get Soft tires if its dry, No matter what you select. If its raining, Youll get rain tires, no matter what.

DECATUR PLAYA
31-08-2015, 20:33
One annoying little bug we have been encountering. I run a public room every night and we got a weird bug starting from day of the patch.

Friend gets booted then can't get back into the room. It doesn't matter if you invite or they try to join from your name they can't get back in unless I redo the room. I had 3 buddies say when it does this that the room does not show up in the browser. So if a buddy says hey your room is not showing in the browser you should probably redo the room.

Edit: When I redo the room everything works fine for the most part on the connectivity side.

wOoDsTeR16
01-09-2015, 04:43
-FFB gets corrupted. Ill try and explain this as best I can, it happened before 3.0 too in MP. Something happens to the FFB, seemingly Randomly in MP. Something corrupts the FFB to the point of Doubling a tire input, It happened to me and one other racer last night, its happened before. The FFB seemingly multiplies in strength by atleast double. Not only that it gets very very twitchy, like all of a sudden the Master Scale has increased for no reason, and the Tire Force is multiplied. This ONLY happens in Multiplayer, and "Returning to Pits" seemed to correct it, but it does happen. If I knew how to get it to reproduce I would tell you trust me, all I can say for sure is it happens in MP only and could be due to someone joining/leaving.

Yes I get this as well, to start with I thought it was in my head but its happened a few times now

riddlerap
01-09-2015, 05:30
im still having the problem where i join a lobby that states its a certain race/car type, and when i enter it shows its "Glencairn East" (whatever that is?) and only 1 lap.. and just says waiting for people to join, no matter how many are in the lobby. no option to join session in progress or anything.

riddlerap
01-09-2015, 05:33
it will have default settings as Glencairn East Reverse, 1 lap, no practice, no qualifying. And it will stay on those setting no matter what, forcing me to exit.

yes, this is what i was referring to.

g33k hack3rs
01-09-2015, 16:23
Can't comment on lobby search functionality since I'm not really playing public lobbies that much. Unfortunately my general experience with multiplayer is not much better than pre-patch 3.0

Game chat is still not working for large lobbies
Pitstops are still fitting incorrect tires and are limited to only 2 compounds (soft or wet) depending on weather conditions

Beltoon
01-09-2015, 16:38
Had a weird glitch today. We were racing on Silverstone National I think. One of the racers said that there was something wrong with his timing. He was driving 1:26:500 while we were doing 1:11... It seemed like his time went 10% faster. His qualification ended while the rest still had 2 of the 15 minutes left. In the race his laptimes were still incredibly slow but he was going round the track right behind me. He finished third, 10 seconds behind the leader. When everyone finished the race he was suddenly last on 3 minute 30 seconds behind the leader.

Never seen anything like this.

rtazz17
01-09-2015, 16:46
My review is it sucks... Cant join a room without getting booted..

Games been out since may and multiplayer is horrible.
Seriously? Come on....
We trade one glitch for another..
This game will never be right.
Just being dragged along.

Beltoon
01-09-2015, 16:49
My review is it sucks... Cant join a room without getting booted..

Games been out since may and multiplayer is horrible.
Seriously? Come on....

Did you do a hard reset on your XB1? By switching of the console and unplugging the power it clears your cache which solves a lot of problems. I haven't been kicked from a server during 3.0, maybe once after the race was done and the host left.

PFalcon
01-09-2015, 17:42
I also have had good luck in multiplayer after patch 3.0. I don't believe I have been booted yet. rtazz, if you are having that much trouble getting booted, there is likely an issue with your internet/router setup, or you are not hard re-setting your console before playing PCars.

tiagoslb
01-09-2015, 19:22
I load a setup while choosing my car before the race.
When I join the race or the quali, the default setup is loaded.
No monza on the setup saving track list.

miagi
01-09-2015, 19:31
Look at the top, it's officially called "Autodromo Nazionale Monza"

Raven403
01-09-2015, 20:54

Sounds like you have the Saving setups bug. You may need to delete your save profile. Can you save or load setups everywhere else?

AdM1
01-09-2015, 20:56

Known bug hopefully fixed in 4.0.

bumpkin
01-09-2015, 21:14
I think the lag is worse than ever when people join and leave and now affects the race as well as qualifying, lag is now so bad that the screen actually dims then brightens again.

widcard
01-09-2015, 23:23
Hi guys!

First of all I wanted to say that we're aware of the issues some of you are having with patch 3.0 and have been collecting information you've shared here on the forums about it.

However in this particular thread I wanted to focus on the multiplayer aspect of 3.0 in particular. This new patch included some pretty big re-writes of the multiplayer logic and I wanted to get some feedback on how you feel multiplayer may have changed for you since the update.

Are you enjoying the browser feature? Are you finding games to join more easily?

How about the overall stability of sessions and game chat in particular for large sessions (8+ players)?

Alex, It's officially time for you and your team to take a very hard earned victory lap! You guys knocked 3.0 out of the park!

I can't even articulate on how many levels 3.0 improved the Sim.

1. Now I can get on the track with my favorite car most of the time with in a few minutes compared to what would take an hour.

2. I have raced several 16 player grids!,,, that wasn't even possible before 3.0....Mark that one down as a huge success!

3. Loading back to race central after a race,,,I have not once crashed to dashboard!!!! not one time!.. that's another huge improvement!

I know this thread was meant for zeroing in on glitches that still remain, but their minor compared to 2.0

This is a Big vote of confidence from me to SMS........ all those that have been here from day one know and understand perfectly where I'm coming from.

Wizards ZA
02-09-2015, 03:53
I like the new layout for lobbies. U can see who is racing what and join with no problem. The only problem is the lag when people join or leave. This was present before 3.0 but not during the race. If anything can be done to prevent this it would be great.

Tnx SMS for all the hard work:)

tiagoslb
02-09-2015, 07:37
Sounds like you have the Saving setups bug. You may need to delete your save profile. Can you save or load setups everywhere else?
Thx
Sorry but I don't know how to delete my profile.
I only tried online with gt3 cars.

DriftTony
02-09-2015, 09:34
Just wanted to say, had only one session of multiplayer. It worked pretty good! Only have a few remarks:

-weather sync to race didn't work (Zolder circuit)
-when qualifying, you are not allowed to finish your lap when time runs out (this would be far better if we would get the same system they use in for example F1; if you pass the start/finish line before the time runs out you are allowed to finish that lap)
-in the dark the track it is really hard to see where you are going (Zolder circuit) it almost seems that the headlights don't really work properly
-best laptimes are not shown in 'result'-page (this goes for single-player aswell)

D1rty Duck UK
02-09-2015, 11:33
I actually like the new browser but would like the following to be added.

1) Show host region
2) Show the Qualifying and Race length
3) Show number of laps completed if race started
4) Show if assists are even enabled or disabled
5) Connection quality
6) Show if in practice, qualifying or race
7) If on a hot lap allow to finish if started before time run out
8) Sector times to reflect against the quickest lap so far in the session
9) Cars sitting in the middle of track or going the wrong way to become invisible. To many times on a blind apex has some idiot jjst been parked there. If you dont move for a second make the car invisible to others dont have their race ruined.
10) option to make the start or past the 1st corner cars invisble, too many idots wiping people out on the start line or first corner. Do not allow reversing off the start line

Overall i can now play online so a little happier with the game.

nissan4ever
02-09-2015, 12:26
1) Show host region
2) Connection quality
3) Show if in practice, qualifying or race

I concur

Der Ambergauer
02-09-2015, 16:57
Lastly, clicking on a lobby sometimes doesn't load the lobby details, you'll have the info from the last lobby in there, it doesn't update either from what I experienced. Happens maybe 7 times out of ten.

Same here!

Gre vom Ambergauer

Umer Ahmad
02-09-2015, 17:16
Same here!

Gre vom Ambergauer

Happens also on PC guys (but much less). What it means is that the new lobby information has not yet downloaded.

tiagoslb
02-09-2015, 18:03
Look at the top, it's officially called "Autodromo Nazionale Monza"

My list starts with Azure circuit
Edit : This bug happens only with the Mclaren 12C GT3

RTA nOsKiLlS
06-09-2015, 12:37
Its hard to see at times, but the game is just jerky with all these players with a red connection. Please make some changes that stop people who steal their neighbours internet connection from playing in a green or yellow lobby. Red players should only be allowed to connect to other red players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5999k_aflo&list=PLC6g4mDRZ4s-kwlrkAOkWvfpMDJhltzfw

When is the host to kick function being implemented?

Is project cars 2 going to be laggy like this one is? Will that game have a host kick function from the start?

Cod4, MW2, Black ops 1 + 2, MW3, none of these games get lag when people join and leave in the middle of a warzone. PGR 3 + 4, Grid1,2,3, Forza 2,3,4, NFS HP, none of those games got lag from people joining a lobby.
None of them used dedicated servers.

Please get it fixed.

Im sorry to say, If it doesnt get fixed, I wont be wasting my time with Pcars 2.

Im sick of not being able to kick idiots and laggers from the lobby. Each day without the ability to remove the idiots, just grinds away at my will to play the game. Thats on top of the 60fps - pause - 60fps, just because internet thieves join the session.

HenTheKing
06-09-2015, 14:01
Everytime I've raced GT3 and selected the Bentley, I get the Aston. Stock.

Also, lobby's not updating when you click on them, it still displays last session details as well as being unable to join session.

Have also encountered locked drive button twice since patch.

Also, having blown 300 quid on a fancy racing wheel, why the f*ck are all the cars FFB settings set so high they make my wheel lose FFB?
I wonder if I'll ever get even a couple of races without an issue? This game makes me angry.

HenTheKing
06-09-2015, 21:56
Such a bad experience with this tonight.

The lobby system doesn't work. 9/10 times it fails to update. Most of the time the info displayed is wrong. I see tc3 sakitto, get oschersleben. Wtf.
Game crashed three times.
Locked drive button AGAIN!!!
The two races I've managed to find, one idiotic 3 lap race round brands hatch Indy in the merc DTM where I got rammed off within seconds and my car totalled! Second it was me and some idiot who setup a 14 lap race at silverstone, filled it with AI and rammed me at the start. Kept going for me so I left.

Utter F***ING cow manure. So sick of this.

HenTheKing
06-09-2015, 21:59
Just joined a race at spa, didn't care about the car class as I'm so desperate to get anything familiar in this, guess what?!

Disconnected.

I give up.

staer90
07-09-2015, 11:51
so many lag e stuttering online, i pass online to fm6 at least it has dedicated server;)

TRL Karthikeyan
07-09-2015, 19:57
Here is my feedback for multiplayer.

Lobby list needs to have more info(session, laps,tyre and fuel and weather settings)

When joining a lobby there is a bug where the settings dont update and you don't get to race.

When players join it lags in quali which cant be fixed and is ok but since 3.0 people join in the race which ruins races.

The little ping text above cars needs to be clearer to see.

The new penalty system is way to harsh in races when taking avoiding action or making mistakes, there needs to be an option to have a penalty system that only penalises flat out cutting chicanes.

There is a bug when entering pits(race) sometimes after clicking edit pit strategy it sticks in that screen and u cant exit.

Game chat doesn't work nearly at all.

There is a bug at end of race you have to wait 300sec even when all are finished. (mabey add end timer lobby option)

The collison model is still abit to magnetic when there is very slight contact.

The lag from players can be really bad resulting in collisons. Mabey ghost cars that go over 200ms ping at any given time.

Now you can't inv players to a private lobby through a party which is annoying.

In the lobby player should be able to see all the settings not just a few settings

The ability to complete your current lap when the timer runs out needs to be added

Der Ambergauer
08-09-2015, 09:18
Lobby list needs to have more info(session, laps,tyre and fuel and weather settings)

When joining a lobby there is a bug where the settings dont update and you don't get to race.

I'd like to see, if damage and penalties are aktivated in the lobbybrowser because I just want to race with penalties.

Second point I have nearly 50% of trials.

Ghosts for to slow pingrates are a nice idea!

Gre vom Ambergauer

AdM1
08-09-2015, 16:48
They are good but would be even better if I could join half of them because I know I'll be forced to use default tune set ups.

grrrillapmp
08-09-2015, 21:20
I never once experienced the lag when people join or leave. But since this latest patch, I get it every time.

HenTheKing
08-09-2015, 22:49
Join lobby, select tune, go to race. Tune not loaded. Back out.
Join again, lobby won't load. Get angry.

HenTheKing
08-09-2015, 22:53
Third time lucky. Except my force feedback is reset.

Back out.

It's ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

HenTheKing
08-09-2015, 23:48
Couple of disconnects later I get a race going quali 2nd. Manage to get away in first, rammed off in first corner.

There's literally no one playing it either. 37 people. I wonder why. Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

AdM1
08-09-2015, 23:57
Couple of disconnects later I get a race going quali 2nd. Manage to get away in first, rammed off in first corner.

There's literally no one playing it either. 37 people. I wonder why. Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Yep it's getting rubbish now, got on and tbf I got into a decent lobby within 5 minutes, by the time that race was done most had left and now I'm sat thinking well all these lobbies are boring and there's only a few people in each one :(.

The only lobbies that get really full easily are the GT3 class.

HenTheKing
09-09-2015, 00:32
Yep. I did so much GT3 before the lobby browser because it was a guaranteed hit but now I'm just sick of them.
Plus when out of desperation I've gone into GT3 lobbies and selected the Bentley and the tunes and FFB I had to trawl this forum for, it gives me the bloody Aston, which I find awful. So I back out.

This is the only game that has disappointed me so much, if I could get lobbies that actually worked, as well as the tunes I've painstakingly put in for the specific tracks, job done! Seriously!
I've been sat on my chair with a 300 wheel pushing buttons over and over again for like three hours. Not a single race completed for the same reasons as when this came out. It's just beyond ridiculous.

Even though Forza 6 won't be as good, (this game is sublime when it works) I really want it after 5 months of time wasting with incoherent menus, workarounds, bugs, waiting for patches to come out, being disappointed with said patches, endless trawling of these boards looking for explanations as to why I paid 60 for a game that has barely worked and angered me more than any game in recent history, because it will work! I'll be able to get a game in when I want to, not sit there like a lemon as I have tonight (and many, many other nights) hoping it will let me race how I want!

Urgh. Rant over. Expect more rage tomorrow probably! Ha!

RTA nOsKiLlS
09-09-2015, 01:01
Lag, anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jjH9IKY6U&list=PLC6g4mDRZ4s-kwlrkAOkWvfpMDJhltzfw

AdM1
09-09-2015, 01:24
Yep. I did so much GT3 before the lobby browser because it was a guaranteed hit but now I'm just sick of them.
Plus when out of desperation I've gone into GT3 lobbies and selected the Bentley and the tunes and FFB I had to trawl this forum for, it gives me the bloody Aston, which I find awful. So I back out.

This is the only game that has disappointed me so much, if I could get lobbies that actually worked, as well as the tunes I've painstakingly put in for the specific tracks, job done! Seriously!
I've been sat on my chair with a 300 wheel pushing buttons over and over again for like three hours. Not a single race completed for the same reasons as when this came out. It's just beyond ridiculous.

Even though Forza 6 won't be as good, (this game is sublime when it works) I really want it after 5 months of time wasting with incoherent menus, workarounds, bugs, waiting for patches to come out, being disappointed with said patches, endless trawling of these boards looking for explanations as to why I paid 60 for a game that has barely worked and angered me more than any game in recent history, because it will work! I'll be able to get a game in when I want to, not sit there like a lemon as I have tonight (and many, many other nights) hoping it will let me race how I want!

Urgh. Rant over. Expect more rage tomorrow probably! Ha!

Amen to that brother! It's such a shame because it's the base for a truly amazing game. I set up an online cadwell gp race caterham r500 bloody great fun, spent 20 mins on it and not one person joined and stayed, Forza would have been a full lobby.

It's not even all SMS fault I mean they can't control how many people play the game but maybe had we not still been in this state this far in now then we would have more players I dunno.

cvcpower
09-09-2015, 03:31

Is there a way to see how many people are playing or are you just talking about the lobbies that are visible to you? That's not ALL the lobbies in the world is it?

If it is, that's beyond depressing.

LMR ShOwTiMe875
09-09-2015, 06:50
It's nice to see what's available. Much better. Had a good time tonight on pcars. But seeing there were only like 60 total people online is that the actual amount of people playing or players compatible to me?? Anyways it's a major step in the right direction and I want to thank the crew for all the hard work that's gone in to making the game better and better.

SpeedFreakDTM
09-09-2015, 07:24
Where does it tell you how many people are playing?

LMR ShOwTiMe875
09-09-2015, 07:29
I just left all search fields to any so every available public lobby would popup, then I added the amount of people in each lobby to get a total. Obviously theirs private lobbies that people are running but that's beside the point

HenTheKing
09-09-2015, 07:44
No of course it's not the total amount, there's probably a fair few on it, but they were spread over around 15 separate lobbies that were available to ME, many with one person. Now factor in the lobbies not loading, tunes not carrying over and you have a horrific set of options for MP.

HenTheKing
09-09-2015, 10:19
Time trial locked this morning. Reboot game.

TAAT GUNA
09-09-2015, 14:39
hello in the first excuse my English .. it's nice to see that whoever did the lobbying is concerned whether everything is working well and I leave here an appeal to other developers to follow it and not be ashamed to ask for help or reviews ..
for me lobbies are properly but I leave here a list of what not this good and I want to see arranged or added.
when we left a lobbying, the information goes to others when we do research.
You can see how many laps are and what qualification of time the host has clear-cut without having to enter the lobbying.
host can remove player.
host can remove the green line separately from other options.
improve servers on Xbox, when we twitch in ps4 16 players in the lobbying almost everyone has green link and the Xbox is no more yellow so I think it is server issues and not the call of the players.
PLEASE fix the bug noise.
Please fix the game chat.
Left front tire are still more wear than the others tires and in different cars and tracks.
ADD more power ace front lights in cars. when we play at night we have to guess the curves, this is not right !!
players play at night with the related green line has more advantage over those who do not play.
solve the lag when players enter the lobbies during qualification.
add more grip to wet tires, just a little.
No more road cars (my opinion), add race car, including car missing in different disciplines such as Ferrari GT3, GT3 lamborgini etc ...to play road cars ill go to forza.
add new disciplines such as V8, mini cup..etc ..

OverHaased
09-09-2015, 14:46
Lobby lists is a great idea, wished it was accurate.

Enter a lobby with 12 other players listed in a class and track I want to drive, only to find it is something completely different.

Lobby lists lacks details that would be nice to know. for example it states the event is long or short, well great but what does that really mean. I have entered listed "long" lobbies where the race is 6 laps on a track with 1:20 second laps. Have entered "short" lobbies where there was 5 laps on Le Mans 24 circuit. I would just love it if the lists showed session lengths (How long Qual. and race laps)

The numbskulls that have 1 hour qualifying sessions and a 2 lap race sure are wasting lobby space if you asked me.

OpticalHercules
09-09-2015, 15:04
I don't know if it's been addressed before or not, but having some way to know if someone on your blocked list is in any specific lobby would be a nice feature.

I'm pretty sure with the old player matching system, you wouldn't be put into lobbies with blocked players in them, or they wouldn't be able to join lobbies you were in unless through a friend list invite from someone else? Myself and a few other players talked last night about seeing the same blocked people in multiple lobbies over and over. I understand that it's difficult to block people from joining lobbies, but perhaps if there was a way to notify people thinking of joining a lobby if there was someone on their block list in there, either a Caution Sign (or something similar) next to the lobby name, or a confirmation dialogue letting you know that so-and-so is in this lobby when you attempt to join. I think that would be very helpful in avoiding the public lobby idiots that everyone runs into on a nightly basis.

Maybe even find a way to include an option to prevent people with more than 5 or 10 blocks against them from joining a lobby, but I don't really know how that could possibly be implemented...

snipeme77
09-09-2015, 16:01
Hi guys!

8 out of 10. Game's a lot more stable, that being said I would like a lap indicator. So I stop join 150+ lap servers... Also a Room naming thing like GT6 would be nice too...

rtazz17
09-09-2015, 16:12
These arent dedicated servers from my searching on here correct?Dedicated servers would be very helpful and much more stable

Interceptor G
10-09-2015, 08:09
Yes i enjoy new browser feature it much easier to find/join good lobbies.It cut out the search time for lobby significant, its like a breath of fresh air. I would also like to echo some of the peoples suggestion for more information on lobby settings/lap count ect... Also the info you get when you search for lobbies is not correct sometimes like other people mentioned so maybe try to do something about refreshing those data, especially there should be some info for lobbies in witch race has already started and people are racing because you cent join session in progress in those lobbies so people would join and see there are no car names, no join in session, they put the thumbs up but race is not starting ect... then people think its lobby bug or whatever conspiracy when in fact its only that people are already racing in the race is the issue, maybe make lobbies in race state unjoinable at that stage or some better faster refresh info or something that would do the trick.