PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec Clubsport Wheelbase V2 on PS4

torquesteer
29-08-2015, 22:16
Hello everyone,

First post here on the forums. I am considering purchasing the CSW2 and for now I primarily race on my PS4. Does anyone have experience with this wheel on project cars for PS4? I am considering upgrading to a PC setup later on, but that will not be for some time.

My main concern is if Project Cars is able to utilize this wheel to its full potential. Thanks.

-Brick_Top-
29-08-2015, 22:29
Hello everyone,

First post here on the forums. I am considering purchasing the CSW2 and for now I primarily race on my PS4. Does anyone have experience with this wheel on project cars for PS4? I am considering upgrading to a PC setup later on, but that will not be for some time.

My main concern is if Project Cars is able to utilize this wheel to its full potential. Thanks.

100% get it with the right in game settings you will not regret it one bit. All my gear is in my sig. I love the v2. I seem to use the f1 rim more than any other but regardless of rim choice you can't go wrong with the v2 base

McKiernan
30-08-2015, 14:47
Yep get it you won't regret it. I upgraded from a T300 & love it, had no issues whatsoever with it.

Fanatest
30-08-2015, 15:56
Agreed!

It's spectacular hardware, modular, built to last and looks/feels incredible! :D

Ecstreme
31-08-2015, 16:41
100% get it with the right in game settings you will not regret it one bit. All my gear is in my sig. I love the v2. I seem to use the f1 rim more than any other but regardless of rim choice you can't go wrong with the v2 base

The CSWv2 on PS4 is amazing. Brick Top, what wheel base settings are you using? I'm keen to know what other user are doing with the actual hardware just to make sure I'm not missing a trick. Jack Spade's FFB tweaker files are fantastic and I want to get the most out of them. Cheers.

-Brick_Top-
31-08-2015, 19:26
The CSWv2 on PS4 is amazing. Brick Top, what wheel base settings are you using? I'm keen to know what other user are doing with the actual hardware just to make sure I'm not missing a trick. Jack Spade's FFB tweaker files are fantastic and I want to get the most out of them. Cheers.

I have a different approach to the Jack of spades. I'm running grimey dogs settings which means I can dial same Ffb into all car settings which is so much easier to do. All cars feel great and nothing is masked by individual ffb tuning to the cars. It should help with tuning car settings too.

GrimeyDog
01-09-2015, 11:51
Im a CSW V2 PCars addict!!! It Feels Great with the V2 and the right Tweek... I Ran Assetto Corsa with the GT3 BMW vs PCars GT3 BMW on Nubergring and I must say PCars felt Better.

GrimeyDog
01-09-2015, 11:55

You Know your FFB Tweek is Good when you can Run Fast Laps with it....But when Some one else can Run Faster laps with your Tweek you Know its Really Good!!! Brick Top be Kicken my Ass with My Own FFB Tweek!!! LOL... Next time ima give him the Fake Version of it... LOL!!!

Jack Spade
01-09-2015, 16:05
I have a different approach to the Jack of spades. I'm running grimey dogs settings which means I can dial same Ffb into all car settings which is so much easier to do. All cars feel great and nothing is masked by individual ffb tuning to the cars. It should help with tuning car settings too.

Indeed much easier to do what I do.....but have a look at an example of my V2.0 worksheet. These are the default ratio of forces the SMS car/tire physics spits out of the individual
car, you probably get the idea where you actually end up with one global setting for all cars, SMS did this for their normalized "default FFB".

-Brick_Top-
01-09-2015, 16:52
Indeed much easier to do what I do.....but have a look at an example of my V2.0 worksheet. These are the default ratio of forces the SMS car/tire physics spits out of the individual
car, you probably get the idea where you actually end up with one global setting for all cars, SMS did this for their normalized "default FFB".

Not sure bud! All I know is I have tried many many different people's tweeks and settings and where I am at right now I have never had it feeling better. Every car feels fantastic. If you can give me all of the global game settings, csw v2 settings & your latest car settings I will happily try them again (ps4 don't forget!!!)
I'm certainly not trying to start a ffb tuner war or say anyone's are no good. Just stating with grimey dog's settings I couldn't be happier. For my driving styles / preference they fit perfectly.

-Brick_Top-
01-09-2015, 16:57
You Know your FFB Tweek is Good when you can Run Fast Laps with it....But when Some one else can Run Faster laps with your Tweek you Know its Really Good!!! Brick Top be Kicken my Ass with My Own FFB Tweek!!! LOL... Next time ima give him the Fake Version of it... LOL!!!

Grimey dog you are the man.
You know I love your settings!

Only had a few stabs at it but 16th will do for now

GrimeyDog
01-09-2015, 17:20
I will Give these a Try....My formula is Very Simple... I did it Mostly by Trial and Error... Alot of Laps Trying Diffent settings... once i found the propper Global Settings for the CSW v2 Found 1 Base setting for in Car FFB that works with All Cars... I did Not want to Change the Cars driving Physics by manipulating FFB effects... IE: GT3 Bently and Ruff RS-8 GT3 will Handle curbs, Bumps & Sharp turns very Different and you feel the car as it is because FFB is just FFB... The Front of the Bently is Very Stable and Weighty while the Front of the Ruff will Skip around a bit and is very bumpy because its Rear Engine and Different weight bias....This will allow me to tune each car suspension according to what it Needs ....im using same in car FFB in every car but all cars feel different... Ex: I did not blur the Line between a Bently and a Porsche by Manipulating the In car FFB so they all basically feel the same.... the same in car FFB Tweek works in all classes i just used GT3 as a example... It will work on other wheels also but the in car FFB masters have to be Reduced/Adjusted for diff wheels... Im just too lazy to pull my set up apart and Hook up my GT2/CSR -E wheel to tweek.... LOL

-Brick_Top-
01-09-2015, 17:29
I will Give these a Try....My formula is Very Simple... I did it Mostly by Trial and Error... Alot of Laps Trying Diffent settings... once i found the propper Global Settings for the CSW v2 Found 1 Base setting for in Car FFB that works with All Cars... I did Not want to Change the Cars driving Physics by manipulating FFB effects... IE: GT3 Bently and Ruff RS-8 GT3 will Hand curbs, Bumps & Sharp turns very Different and you feel the car as it is because FFB is just FFB... The Front of the Bently is Very Stable and Weighty while the Front of the Ruff will Skip around a bit and is very bumpy because its Rear Engine and Different weight bias....This will allow me to tune each car suspension according to what it Needs ....im using same in car FFB in every car but all cars feel different... Ex: I did not blur the Line between a Bently and a Porsche by Manipulating the In car FFB so they all basically feel the same.... the same in car FFB Tweek works in all classes i just used GT3 as a example... It will work on other wheels also but the in car FFB masters have to be Reduced/Adjusted for diff wheels... Im just too lazy to pull my set up apart and Hook up my GT2/CSR -E wheel to tweek.... LOL

GrimeyDog
02-09-2015, 00:20
LOL... Brick Top Dont worry Bruh... Your my Test Pilot... If i make any Changes you will be the First to get them!!!

MLT24
02-09-2015, 07:32

Care to share grimey dogs ffb settings? I use spades and happy with them but would like to try g'dogs too.
PS4 with T300rs
Thanks

GrimeyDog
02-09-2015, 10:23
Care to share grimey dogs ffb settings? I use spades and happy with them but would like to try g'dogs too.
PS4 with T300rs
Thanks

Send Me a Friend inv on PS4... i will give them to you and help you tweek them for the T300.... The settings were made for the V2 and will have to be Tweeked for the T300... Probably just reducing the in car masters will do it.

Haiden
02-09-2015, 16:24
Can you use the ClubSport V3 pedals with a T300 wheel? Do you have to plug it into a separate USB port, or can you connect it to the wheel base?

torquesteer
03-09-2015, 00:56
Thank you guys for the replies! Good to hear it lives up to the hype.

Before reading your posts I decided to order a t300rs and test that experience prior to going for the v2. If I am satisfied with the t300 I will keep it. If not, I will go for the V2. The V2 is pretty expensive and I am admittedly a bit reluctant to make the purchase. Especially after reading in their manual "this product is intended for 1 hour of use per day for 1 year".

GrimeyDog
03-09-2015, 02:37
Thank you guys for the replies! Good to hear it lives up to the hype.

Before reading your posts I decided to order a t300rs and test that experience prior to going for the v2. If I am satisfied with the t300 I will keep it. If not, I will go for the V2. The V2 is pretty expensive and I am admittedly a bit reluctant to make the purchase. Especially after reading in their manual "this product is intended for 1 hour of use per day for 1 year".

Where exactly does it say that in the Fanatec manual???

torquesteer
03-09-2015, 03:40
Where exactly does it say that in the Fanatec manual???

Well if I'm going to quote the manual, let me quote it properly.

Here is the link to the manual:
https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSW-V2_Manual.pdf

The last sentence of page 38 says "This gaming device is designed to withstand approximately one hour of use per day during the course of the warranty period of one year."

I would imagine it is able to take more abuse than that. But I am curious as to why they felt the need to include that sentence.

-Brick_Top-
03-09-2015, 06:49

The last sentence of page 38 says "This gaming device is designed to withstand approximately one hour of use per day during the course of the warranty period of one year."

I would imagine it is able to take more abuse than that. But I am curious as to why they felt the need to include that sentence.

Very strange it says that cause if your in eu then you get 2 year warranty. Mines had many hours use and no signs of any stress yet

Sankyo
03-09-2015, 06:53
Can you use the ClubSport V3 pedals with a T300 wheel? Do you have to plug it into a separate USB port, or can you connect it to the wheel base?
CSPs can operate stand-alone through USB, or when connected to the wheel using a PS2 cable. I doubt that the T300 has such a connector, or has knowledge about the signals that the CSPs put out.

rocafella1978
03-09-2015, 11:45

I wonder and am asking myself i we all as CSW V2 users should write Fanatec at the same time why it says that in Page 38 of their manual? i am 99% certain I will do that today! I will be a CSW V2 user in a few weeks on the PS4 too, most likely with V2 to start with and then switching to V3. but looking and seeing how linear the Fanatec CSW V2 is, just blew my mind compared to the zig zags of Thrustmaster T300, T500 and Logitech G27 and G29. And I do believe also a good wheel, a dialed in FFB can shave off easily 1-2seconds per lap and a good tune on top 3secs for sure!

Haiden
03-09-2015, 13:05
CSPs can operate stand-alone through USB, or when connected to the wheel using a PS2 cable. I doubt that the T300 has such a connector, or has knowledge about the signals that the CSPs put out.

Thanks. So I can run a T300 and the CSPs at the same time through separate USB connections? The reason I asked if they could be used with the base, is because the T300 works with G27 pedals and apparently communicate fine. I was wondering if the CSPs could do the same. The connection slots on the back of the V2 base look like they might be different, though.

Sankyo
03-09-2015, 13:22
Thanks. So I can run a T300 and the CSPs at the same time through separate USB connections?
Yes, that's how the CSPs have been designed.

The reason I asked if they could be used with the base, is because the T300 works with G27 pedals and apparently communicate fine. I was wondering if the CSPs could do the same. The connection slots on the back of the V2 base look like they might be different, though.
The connector on the CSW v2 is an RJ45 (ehternet) connector, but what comes out of the CSPs (next to USB) is a PS2 cable. To connect to the CSW, a PS2-RJ45 adapter cable is supplied. Without that, it's a PS2 plug coming out of the CSPs.

IIRC, the Logitech pedals have a DA-9 gameport connector, right? This is very different, and would require at least an adapter cable to be able to plug the CSP into the T300 then (not taking into account electrical/electronic incompatibilities that I may not be aware of).

-Brick_Top-
03-09-2015, 16:49

Correct for pc but are the v3 pedals able to work on ps4 via usb? Not tried it with my v3's but it didn't work with the v2's.

NickA555
03-09-2015, 23:54
I will Give these a Try....My formula is Very Simple... I did it Mostly by Trial and Error... Alot of Laps Trying Diffent settings... once i found the propper Global Settings for the CSW v2 Found 1 Base setting for in Car FFB that works with All Cars... I did Not want to Change the Cars driving Physics by manipulating FFB effects... IE: GT3 Bently and Ruff RS-8 GT3 will Hand curbs, Bumps & Sharp turns very Different and you feel the car as it is because FFB is just FFB... The Front of the Bently is Very Stable and Weighty while the Front of the Ruff will Skip around a bit and is very bumpy because its Rear Engine and Different weight bias....This will allow me to tune each car suspension according to what it Needs ....im using same in car FFB in every car but all cars feel different... Ex: I did not blur the Line between a Bently and a Porsche by Manipulating the In car FFB so they all basically feel the same.... the same in car FFB Tweek works in all classes i just used GT3 as a example... It will work on other wheels also but the in car FFB masters have to be Reduced/Adjusted for diff wheels... Im just too lazy to pull my set up apart and Hook up my GT2/CSR -E wheel to tweek.... LOL

Grimey dog - Are you able to provide me to a link with your settings please?

I'm using a CSW v2 on PS4 and like your idea of having the same FFB for all cars! :D

Cheers

Nick

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-09-2015, 00:47

The connector on the CSW v2 is an RJ45 (ehternet) connector, but what comes out of the CSPs (next to USB) is a PS2 cable. To connect to the CSW, a PS2-RJ45 adapter cable is supplied. Without that, it's a PS2 plug coming out of the CSPs.

IIRC, the Logitech pedals have a DA-9 gameport connector, right? This is very different, and would require at least an adapter cable to be able to plug the CSP into the T300 then (not taking into account electrical/electronic incompatibilities that I may not be aware of).

I'm pretty sure that the CSW(and V2)/CSRE Wheel to pedal connections are RJ11(12) to PS/2, not RJ45.. sorry for being pedantic mate.

ChrisK
04-09-2015, 01:03

Remco, do you know if the CSW v2 wheel work with TM t3pa pro pedal set ?

Jack Spade
04-09-2015, 07:46

I'm using a CSW v2 on PS4 and like your idea of having the same FFB for all cars! :D

Cheers

Nick

SMS individual car/tire physics spits out completely different default forces levels even among the same type or group of cars.
I measured differences of up to 1:15 of the same force. 89 cars are in game right now all have different default levels of the forces
one setting for all is nothing else than SMS default FFB.

Sankyo
04-09-2015, 08:59
I'm pretty sure that the CSW(and V2)/CSRE Wheel to pedal connections are RJ11(12) to PS/2, not RJ45.. sorry for being pedantic mate.
Oops, yes you're correct :)

Sankyo
04-09-2015, 09:03
Remco, do you know if the CSW v2 wheel work with TM t3pa pro pedal set ?
I quickly looked at the product page but couldn't see any info on the connection it uses. It did say that it is compatible with all TM T-series wheels, so probably it only connects to those wheels (unless you'd use some adapter cable but then the CSW probably doesn't know what it's getting as input).

GrimeyDog
05-09-2015, 01:08

Cheers

Nick

Post #1722
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21978-PS4-Fanatec-hardware-discussion-thread&p=1095824#post1095824

ChrisK
05-09-2015, 05:49
I quickly looked at the product page but couldn't see any info on the connection it uses. It did say that it is compatible with all TM T-series wheels, so probably it only connects to those wheels (unless you'd use some adapter cable but then the CSW probably doesn't know what it's getting as input).

Thanks. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the fanatec wheel but am worried I'm gonna run into issues with it and PCars. Also annoyed there isn't a genuine ps4 csw wheel which lets me avoid using a controller altogether.

NickA555
05-09-2015, 12:16
Post #1722
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21978-PS4-Fanatec-hardware-discussion-thread&p=1095824#post1095824

Thanks mate. I'll take a look! :encouragement:

-Brick_Top-
05-09-2015, 13:06
Thanks. So I can run a T300 and the CSPs at the same time through separate USB connections? The reason I asked if they could be used with the base, is because the T300 works with G27 pedals and apparently communicate fine. I was wondering if the CSPs could do the same. The connection slots on the back of the V2 base look like they might be different, though.

No you can't. Not on ps4 on pc you can but I have checked and neither csp v2 or v3 currently work via usb on ps4. That's not to say they won't in future but don't go and spend out on the word of dijk van dyke or whatever his name is expecting them to work on ps4 via usb.

GrimeyDog
05-09-2015, 14:47
SMS individual car/tire physics spits out completely different default forces levels even among the same type or group of cars.
I measured differences of up to 1:15 of the same force. 89 cars are in game right now all have different default levels of the forces
one setting for all is nothing else than SMS default FFB.

Yes there is Supposed to be a Difference between Cars ... a Bently and a Posche are Supposed to put out Different forces and yes the amounts can Vary by Huge amounts... One is Front Engine one is Rear Engine they are also Different weight Biased.
I didnt like the Generic Flat Mute Feel of alot of setups so i Created my own.... My setting were made by Trial and Error No Fancy Calculator just Good old Fashond Hands on Test for Feel and Hours of Lap Time.

FFB is FFB very simple... Once you have the Proper Global Settings Look at it like this...I see the in Car FFB as *the Road* the Road does Not Change because you have a Different Car... What Changes is the way the Different Cars will Handle that Bumpy Road or Turn...I use the Same in Car FFB for Every Car Because other than that you are Basicly Creating a Generic Feel for All Cars by Manipulating the Cars Road Feel/Handling Physics Artificialy through FFB manipulation and Not Suspention Tuning....SMS also has done a Great job with the Car suspentions set ups.

GrimeyDog
05-09-2015, 14:56
I Can Confirm Brick Tops Findings The V1 and V3 pedals Can NOT be Used as a Stand Alone unit by plugging them into the PS4... Who the heck fed you such Rubbish info...

supershadow25
06-09-2015, 07:55
Hi PS4-friends,
If you want use your CSP V2 pedals at your T300... You need the CPX adapter from Basherboard (google it...)
It works 100% and feels great!
The problem is that you have to wait more than 2 month...I waited 4 month, bought two and loved them (with Driceclub and Project Cars)
But since two month I play with my CSW V2....

Greets
Marco

GrimeyDog
06-09-2015, 13:18
Hi PS4-friends,
If you want use your CSP V2 pedals at your T300... You need the CPX adapter from Basherboard (google it...)
It works 100% and feels great!
The problem is that you have to wait more than 2 month...I waited 4 month, bought two and loved them (with Driceclub and Project Cars)
But since two month I play with my CSW V2....

Greets
Marco

Cheers Marco...Glad the CPX is working Great for you.

supershadow25
06-09-2015, 17:57
Yes.... Thx Grimeydog.... :-)

draughn101
06-09-2015, 23:51
Not sure if it's against the rules, but I'm selling my V2 setup if anyone's interested.

MRSpeed
09-09-2015, 11:12
Yes there is Supposed to be a Difference between Cars ... a Bently and a Posche are Supposed to put out Different forces and yes the amounts can Vary by Huge amounts... One is Front Engine one is Rear Engine they are also Different weight Biased.
I didnt like the Generic Flat Mute Feel of alot of setups so i Created my own.... My setting were made by Trial and Error No Fancy Calculator just Good old Fashond Hands on Test for Feel and Hours of Lap Time.

@ GrimeyDog: my favorite is the Audi R8 LMS Gt3..itīs engine is in the middle...so whitch setup should i take? Rear or front values?:confused:

thx..

Fre.Mo
09-09-2015, 13:18

interesting, how did you deduced these ratio values?

italiaracing
07-12-2015, 00:57
@Grimeydog:

i keep reading everywhere that people were having alot of issues with project cars on the ps4 and the clubsport v2 and pedals. has this been resolved? im thinking of getting a ps4 just for project cars but havnt yet due to this issue. is it plug and play yet like gt?

thank you

Sankyo
07-12-2015, 10:16
@Grimeydog:

i keep reading everywhere that people were having alot of issues with project cars on the ps4 and the clubsport v2 and pedals. has this been resolved? im thinking of getting a ps4 just for project cars but havnt yet due to this issue. is it plug and play yet like gt?

thank you
What kind of issues did you read about?

2stains
07-12-2015, 11:08
I'm crying because i can't afford one , stuck with my low end Fanatec .
But hey , It's got to be better than controller ,right .

Haiden
07-12-2015, 11:22
@Grimeydog:

thank you

I got a Clubsport set last week. The only issue I've come across, is that the game locks up if you turn off the wheel, even though the Dual Shock is still active. You can access the PS4 dashboard and quit the game with the Dual Shock, but if I turn of the wheel base, that's it in game. Strangely enough, I lost FFB once in game. When that happened, the game didn't freeze, and I was able to get FFB back by just restarting the wheel. Other than that, the CSW-v2 and CSP-v3 work fine, even the rumble motors on the throttle and brake.

GrimeyDog
07-12-2015, 14:50
@Grimeydog:

thank you

I have Not Had any Issues with the PS4 and the CSW V2 using V1 or V3 Pedals. I bought a PS4 just for PCars and i Can say with every update it gets better and Better...every Now and then you get a Random loss of FFB but thats usually when i leave the wheel sitting and dont touch any buttons for a long time... doesn't Happen often but that can happen with any system... I Recommend getting it... Its a Great investment and alot of Fun.

watchumacallit
09-12-2015, 00:03
i want to get a CSW V2 so bad but it doesnt work w/ TM T3PA Pro. Hopefully somebody will come up w/ a adapter to make it work.

Kain NL
12-12-2015, 15:45
I think that adaptor already excists. Www.basherboards.com

Hopefully all Fanatec issues are history with the patch 7.0 update, cause in patch notes it says. Implemented latest Fanatec SDK !

Haiden
12-12-2015, 16:04
i want to get a CSW V2 so bad but it doesnt work w/ TM T3PA Pro. Hopefully somebody will come up w/ a adapter to make it work.

You wouldn't be disappointed at all if you upgraded to the CSP-v3 pedals. I loved my T3PA Pro set, but the Fanatec pedals give me way more control and have improved my lap times a great deal.

Hopefully all Fanatec issues are history with the patch 7.0 update, cause in patch notes it says. Implemented latest Fanatec SDK !

I saw that, too. :)

GrimeyDog
12-12-2015, 18:09
I think that adaptor already excists. Www.basherboards.com

I think thats only for PC....and there is No way to Plug the TM Pedals into the PS4.... I had a CPX adapter for my TM Wheel and used it with My V1 pedals on XB1 but it didnt feel as Good/Pure as the T500 pedals but It worked Ok.