PDA

View Full Version : FFB settings for RUF yellowbird?......

Feetabix
29-08-2015, 22:22
........anyone got any tips on what settings will just beef up the above a bit?.........it's not on the list of cars in the sticky at the top of the page........

It's a lovely car to drive in the game, and it slithers around in a real old school analogue manner, drifting out of corners for 20 or 30 meters under full control. I just feel the FFB is a bit vague.........

I've a t300RS and t3pa if it matters.......

Darren.

Z37IW
30-08-2015, 19:50
The bmw 320 bumps plus setting feels pretty good to me.

Udd-
31-08-2015, 08:50
I'm using jack spades 2.2 classic settings for the Ruf with a little bit less then default Steering ratio.
Don't forget to try the denloc tires.
Went from 8.44 to 8.25 on nordschleife only by changing to denlocs. Much easier to control although the default tyres were really fun and challenging too

Wootball
31-08-2015, 09:01
........anyone got any tips on what settings will just beef up the above a bit?.........it's not on the list of cars in the sticky at the top of the page........

It is now.

Flaw3dGenius
31-08-2015, 13:37
I'm using jack spades 2.2 classic settings for the Ruf with a little bit less then default Steering ratio.
Don't forget to try the denloc tires.
Went from 8.44 to 8.25 on nordschleife only by changing to denlocs. Much easier to control although the default tyres were really fun and challenging too

How do you find the car with racking slicks on?

Udd-
01-09-2015, 00:07
How do you find the car with racking slicks on?

Are you talking about the masculine soft? They're really really hard to control, nightmare haha

Feetabix
03-09-2015, 20:39
Right....I'm back after a busy week......firstly, thank you woot'o, the steering feels much better, I enjoy a good fight with the car and the FFB and that is more like it with your settings!......

Secondly.....UDD-.......are you suggesting the Denloc tyres are better than softer slicks?.......that seems counter intuitive, but could be some sort of slight of hand by those in the know......is that what you are saying?

Udd-
03-09-2015, 23:26
I'm definitely no expert but just thought the denlocs were much easier to control at first. Anyway I've reset the car to all default now with default tires and no assists and got down to 8.06. Will try again tomorrow with the soft instead of medium tyres.
This car is so much fun