PDA

View Full Version : Multi player lobbies

rtazz17
30-08-2015, 02:07
Not complaining just want to know what else to try to resolve this issue.

Seems 9 times out of 10 when I join a lobby,I sit there and wait and while lobby fills I just get disconnected and brought back to race central.In fact a pop up comes up and tells me I have been disconnected and returned to race central.I did have 3 races in a row with no problems joining then back to being booted out for the next 1/2 hour.Frustrating.

Any insight?

Dasidnii
30-08-2015, 02:14
Turn your router off for about 10 minutes and turn it back on and see if that helps

FIA
30-08-2015, 03:56
you can just turn router off for 1min or do a fresh install of game
uninstall game and remove save data from console only, select save game file to the right press A button
and select remove from console only , not everywhere. do hard reset now, hold button on front of console till it goes off then turn off or unplug from wall socket

now start the new install..
after you start the new install it gives you the option to add the 3gb patch, don't do it yet select do it later let the game install on its own..
then start game after disc install, patch will start to download, when finished do hard reset again (hold button on front of console till it goes off then turn off or unplug from wall socket) console will get you your save file, when you start the game, all works good for me.. ;)

HEF51
30-08-2015, 04:25
you can just turn router off for 1min or do a fresh install of game
uninstall game and remove save data from console only, select save game file to the right press A button
and select remove from console only , not everywhere. do hard reset now, hold button on front of console till it goes off then turn off or unplug from wall socket

now start the new install..
after you start the new install it gives you the option to add the 3gb patch, don't do it yet select do it later let the game install on its own..
then start game after disc install, patch will start to download, when finished do hard reset again (hold button on front of console till it goes off then turn off or unplug from wall socket) console will get you your save file, when you start the game, all works good for me.. ;)
Wow, all that just to play a game. The damn thing should just work.

nwrlchargerl
30-08-2015, 07:39
That happens to me aswell, you will find 9 times out of ten that lobby is just bugged, best to just look for another one.

rtazz17
31-08-2015, 02:46
That happens to me aswell, you will find 9 times out of ten that lobby is just bugged, best to just look for another one.
Yeah but taking a1/2 hour to get into one game hardly seems worth it.

nwrlchargerl
31-08-2015, 08:40
What is it you look for the most? Full lobbies?

STEELJOCKEY
31-08-2015, 09:30
Check lobby status column, if it says racing it's too late to get in and you'll be disconnected. Check for practice or qualifying

girlracerTracey
31-08-2015, 09:43
Have you guys made sure that your NAT settings are properly open? We get this on motogp all the time and for those that struggle with connections to our lobbies this seems to be the solution.

Sorry if you guys already know about all this and have already done this as a matter of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ud2scGK040

grT

Raven403
31-08-2015, 12:42
Have you guys made sure that your NAT settings are properly open? We get this on motogp all the time and for those that struggle with connections to our lobbies this seems to be the solution.

Sorry if you guys already know about all this and have already done this as a matter of course.

Everyone in our league is required to have Open NAT. Good post for people that dont know about this tho.

grT

Everyone in our league is required to have Open NAT. Good post for people that dont know about this tho.

Our problems seemed to stem from the basic setup of P2P Multiplayer. One lagging player ruins it, and in public lobbies, im not sure how you address it.

NWRStorm
31-08-2015, 13:52
Check lobby status column, if it says racing it's too late to get in and you'll be disconnected. Check for practice or qualifying

I only get lobby, racing or loading. I don't know maybe its just my connection but i have never seen anything else

rtazz17
31-08-2015, 14:19
I only get lobby, racing or loading. I don't know maybe its just my connection but i have never seen anything else
Same here

rtazz17
31-08-2015, 14:24

grT

Yeah thanks but I have open NAT
Problems with this game are very individual.Ive never had a game where I had to make sure 20 different settings were this way and that way before I played.I have very limited time to play and screwing with it for a 1/2 hour before playing is a PIA.
I understand some people have no problems at all joining a match but believe me the problems others have are very real.Very unfortunate.Trying hard to like this game but its really testing me now.Lol!
Oh well its just a game I need to get perspective back.

rtazz17
31-08-2015, 14:35
Hmmm.Well today its working for me....Just tried it.Cool...

Lol,spoke to soon,back to being booted again

widcard
31-08-2015, 15:23
I will get a message saying disconnected and returned to race central here and there but most of the time I can find a good lobby and be on the track with in a few minutes,

I always chose lobby's that say "loading"

Anyone that's had the game for a while will tell you this is a significant improvement compared to 2.0 and so far MP hasn't crashed one time on me which is another major improvement.

Before 3.0 I could only manage 3 or 4 MP races before it would dashboard.... so yeah' I think it's safe to say 3.0 made Multiplayer way way better.

AdM1
31-08-2015, 15:46
Had this happen a few times since buying the game, has been there since the first patch. It usually says something like waiting for players to join up top right and wont let you join the session. I noticed before if you wait and then the session goes from say a qualifying to a warm up session then it will allow you to join.

Thankfully now with the choice of lobbies I just go out and find another but this is definitely an issue which needs fixed at some point as it does get pretty tedious.

rtazz17
31-08-2015, 19:07
I will get a message saying disconnected and returned to race central here and there but most of the time I can find a good lobby and be on the track with in a few minutes,

I always chose lobby's that say "loading"

Anyone that's had the game for a while will tell you this is a significant improvement compared to 2.0 and so far MP hasn't crashed one time on me which is another major improvement.

Before 3.0 I could only manage 3 or 4 MP races before it would dashboard.... so yeah' I think it's safe to say 3.0 made Multiplayer way way better.

For YOU it did...I do ALWAYS click on a loading game...Im not doing anything different then you.But get booted almost always.So for me to say its better now is a stretch.Yes I like the lobbies but if they dont work then whats the sense.I managed one game out of 10 that I tried today.

rtazz17
31-08-2015, 19:09
Had this happen a few times since buying the game, has been there since the first patch. It usually says something like waiting for players to join up top right and wont let you join the session. I noticed before if you wait and then the session goes from say a qualifying to a warm up session then it will allow you to join.

Thankfully now with the choice of lobbies I just go out and find another but this is definitely an issue which needs fixed at some point as it does get pretty tedious.
I wait and it never goes to warm up or qualifying on my end.Only thing I ever see is racing,loading,lobby....

oneBIGkicker
31-08-2015, 19:11
I wait and it never goes to warm up or qualifying on my end.Only thing I ever see is racing,loading,lobby....

Thats means that current lobby is RACING, no one can join session,
You can join lobby but not session

It will boot you out if you stay.
Just keep looking for a room about to start or in quily

rtazz17
31-08-2015, 19:15
Thats means that current lobby is RACING, no one can join session,
You can join lobby but not session

It will boot you out if you stay.
Just keep looking for a room about to start or in quily
Yes I understand,I join a game in lobby I get to the lobby ,I hear people talking ,others are joining still and I get booted.I do not join a lobby that says racing,ever.Like I said above the rooms NEVER say warm up or qualifying no matter how long I wait and look for one.

oneBIGkicker
31-08-2015, 20:34
Yes I understand,I join a game in lobby I get to the lobby ,I hear people talking ,others are joining still and I get booted.I do not join a lobby that says racing,ever.Like I said above the rooms NEVER say warm up or qualifying no matter how long I wait and look for one.

The Lobby Discription is slow to update, and I never go off it.
If you here plays chating, Ask them Are you Racing now? I bet the house they tell you they are indeed racing.

If the Lobby is currently racing, (in Session) you can still join Lobby hear chat, But you cant get on track due to currenlty running Race. If you stay, it will boot you after 3-4 Min
Just need to find new lobby that is not racing yet, Only way I found to do so, Join one, if I can start session = not racing yet, cant start , time to leave and find new one.

rtazz17
31-08-2015, 20:42
The Lobby Discription is slow to update, and I never go off it.
If you here plays chating, Ask them Are you Racing now? I bet the house they tell you they are indeed racing.

If the Lobby is currently racing, (in Session) you can still join Lobby hear chat, But you cant get on track due to currenlty running Race. If you stay, it will boot you after 3-4 Min
Just need to find new lobby that is not racing yet, Only way I found to do so, Join one, if I can start session = not racing yet, cant start , time to leave and find new one.

I can say I have never ever been able to select start session..
Ive tried in past to join a session that says racing and have 100percent of time been booted within 2 min.So I think the main problem is for me that none of the rooms EVER say warm up ,qualifying.They only say,loading,racing,lobby.

rtazz17
31-08-2015, 21:07
Well im having better luck now.No rhyme or reason for it but I am... We shall see................

rtazz17
01-09-2015, 14:32
Well back to getting booted.Im done.Lifes too short to deal with this.

Forza 6 demo is out.Ill give that a try.

Dan77 DESTROYER
02-09-2015, 02:11
Well back to getting booted.Im done.Lifes too short to deal with this.

Forza 6 demo is out.Ill give that a try.

Downloaded the fm6 demo and didn't think much of it so deleted it, my tx wheel felt rubbish compared to what it feels like on pcars, it won't be making its way into my collection on release or ever again, project cars all the way for me.