PDA

View Full Version : Post Patch 3.0 Pit stop issue.

NemethR
30-08-2015, 21:04
Hello guys.

Today we had a race at Laguna Seca, with the Trans-Am cars.
It started to be one of the best races I had in the past, i always struggled at the last few races, but finally today, I managed to fight for 4-5-6th position.

That was till the pitstop.
Me and Pam had a nice fight, and he went into the pits, so I tought, ok, I go after him, lets race it out on the racetrack, and not on the strategy.

We had like 1.5 seconds between us at that moment.
At the moment he entered pit lane, i got the message: "PIT SPOT CURRENTLY OCCUPIED". - What?!
I did not have a chance to do the pit stop, I was driving through, like a penalty.

At that moment I was 5th I think, I exited the pits, did another lap, pited again, and ended up in 13th, 1 lap down.
This really ruined my race. Sorry to say that, but that is just clearly stupid.

It would take nothing for the game, to just assign me another pit spot.
Also how can my be occupied by another car? Its like if Hamilton would stop at Massas box.

ps.: We had another wierd issue, where at the same time, for some it was raining in the start/finish line, and for some it was dry.
We will post a thread about that too, just sorting out screenshots, and videos.

Jan Studenski
30-08-2015, 21:06
Did you announce your pitstop, by pressing "pit request" - button

Pink_650S
30-08-2015, 21:07
Lets see if pitstops will be fixed in Project Cars 2.

ichigobankai09
30-08-2015, 21:31
At the moment he entered pit lane, i got the message: "PIT SPOT CURRENTLY OCCUPIED". - What?!

Two cars can be assigned the same pit stall, this situation can be avoided by using the Pit Request button, by requesting the Pit Stop it will warn you if someone is occupying your stall. As far as I know this is not a game bug.

NemethR
30-08-2015, 21:37
Did you announce your pitstop, by pressing "pit request" - button

I didn't know you have to.
Never needed it so far.

Two cars can be assigned the same pit stall, this situation can be avoided by using the Pit Request button, by requesting the Pit Stop it will warn you if someone is occupying your stall. As far as I know this is not a game bug.

Yes it does warn you by default, but that pit spot was actually taken by the car, that entered the pits 1 sec. before me.
Now that I would call a bug.

NemethR
31-08-2015, 09:37
Hello guys.

ps.: We had another wierd issue, where at the same time, for some it was raining in the start/finish line, and for some it was dry.
We will post a thread about that too, just sorting out screenshots, and videos.

Here is the video about it, it will be posted once later in its own tread, when we get all the videos together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiMAs5PDqIM

Machinist90
31-08-2015, 09:39

I've had the same thing when requested a pitstop,didn't even get a "box occupied" message,just a drive through...like what the hell

Bkim
31-08-2015, 10:56
I quit racing Pcars. Despite the fantastic graphics and good car feel, pitstops and flag system is essential for me. I let it rest for a while. Maybe in a half year time things will be fixed. Meantime rFactor 2 will suffice.

KkDrummer
31-08-2015, 12:04
I've had the same thing when requested a pitstop,didn't even get a "box occupied" message,just a drive through...like what the hell

MP or single player?

vbabiy
31-08-2015, 12:34
I have had the drive through happen when I don't have an active pit strategy selected.

Pink_650S
31-08-2015, 12:38
Here is the video about it, it will be posted once later in its own tread, when we get all the videos together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiMAs5PDqIM

Totally feel you Nemeth!
So frustrating, especially in a 60-lap race!

falcon2081
31-08-2015, 14:59
I know it's been discussed already but this happens because Pam was your pit stop buddy. You both share the same pit stop which is kinda weird to be honest. Even if you request the pit stop yourself and he didn't and his car entered first he will still occupy that pit slot while you get screwed. Theres a couple of ways they could fix this. You can have your car go into another pit slot. If that's not possible and you have to share one pit slot for 2 cars then have the cars turn into ghosts and see if they both can do a pit stop at the same time. The last option is for the game to actually tell you who your pit stop buddy is. That way you can plan accordingly your strategy and not get screwed up when you both come in at the same time. There's nothing more annoying than losing places in a 60 lap race because of that.

Umer Ahmad
31-08-2015, 15:06
It should say "Pit Occupied <opponent name>" at least.

falcon2081
31-08-2015, 15:16
It should say "Pit Occupied <opponent name>" at least.

They should have it in the pit board when you request it your right. The problem will be is that not many players will use the "request pit stop" button. So there needs to be a way to let the player know who the other player is that is sharing his pit slot and the player needs to be told as soon as they start practice/qualifying or some sort of visual cue.

barmydoughnut
31-08-2015, 16:56
What about instead of driving through the pit lane and completing another lap, it stacks you but you turn into a ghost so there is no collisions. This would still have a negative impact like it does in real life but you lose seconds rather than laps.

Mr Akina
31-08-2015, 19:46
Now, I know it's frustrating when you go to pit and then get the "Pit occupied" message; forcing you to drive through the pits on the limiter and pit again on the following lap... But what happens when YOU are the one in the pits and the AI is the one trying to stop?

Well, in this GT3 Career Race I discovered this... The AI doesn't slow down OR even pit again! I chased down the car that sped through and he never stopped again that race!! Surely, he should have been disqualified for not pitting during the race!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiQK-BW2m30

3800racingfool
31-08-2015, 21:05
Some thoughts on this issue:

1. Ghosting cars so they can both pit at the same time is definitely not a solution. It's highly unrealistic and seems more or less like a half-assed attempt to cover up the underlying issue. Shared pit boxes, and the underlying logistics problems they pose, are something that happens in reality. Yea, if you get caught out like OP did it sucks but it's life. Unfortunate things happen in racing. Sometimes they're beyond your control.

2. That said. I do agree that it would be very helpful to know what the status of your pit box is if you're planning to stop. In real life, the teams sharing the pit box will communicate to each other what their strategies are so the drivers can pit accordingly. This is the true core of the problem and this is what a solution must address. My proposition for this situation would be to set the system up so that you have to hit the "request pit stop" button if you going to head to the pits. If you don't, and just head into the pits, your car will not be serviced (just drive through). Upon hitting the button, your pit box is "reserved" for up to 2 laps (the rest of your current lap plus the next). If a person who's sharing your box hits his button during that time, he will get a warning from his crew chief stating the box is full and he'll let you know when it opens up. When it does finally open up then the box is reserved for the second player for up to 2 laps (again, the remaining of the current and the next).

Example A:

Player 1 / Player 2

Player 1 needs to pit soon. They press the RPS button and are told to pull in. They now have the remainder of the current lap as well as all of the next lap to hit the pits (giving them two chances at the pit entrance).

Player 2 is following Player 1 one place back. They decide that they will need to pit soon as well, they press the RPS button and are told by the crew chief that the pit box is currently occupied and they will be notified as soon as it opens up.

Player 1 makes his stop, gets fuel and tires, and is on his way again. Player 2 meanwhile is notified that pit is now open and the box is automatically reserved for him for up to 2 laps (current and next).

Example B:

Player 1 / Player 2

Player 1 decides to stop. Instead of pressing the RPS button he just dives into the pits. The car then rolls through pit lane, without stopping, and continues back onto the track.

Player 2 also wants to stop, however he pressed the RPS button and follows Player 1 into the pits, pulls into the pit box, receives service, and drives off happy.

Example C:

Player 1 / Player 2

Player 1 presses the RPS button. Pit box is now reserved for Player 1.

Player 2 presses RPS button, is informed box is currently occupied and will be notified when available.

Player 1 goes 2 laps without pitting -OR- presses the RPS button again, pit request is canceled and Player 2 is notified box is open and has been reserved for him for up to 2 laps.

Another possible addition to the idea is automatic notifications of a person reserving the pit box.

Example D:

Player 1 / Player 2

Player 1 presses the RPS button. The pit box is reserved and an auto notification is sent to Player 2 that the box is currently occupied. If Player 2 presses the RPS button during this time he will receive a notification as soon as the box is opened up and will auto-reserve for the next 2 laps.

A system like this will greatly help in alleviating the issue of accidentally double booking the same box on the same lap while also preventing abuse by allowing the reservation to expire and awarding the subsequent reservation to the other car. It is adaptable for both single and multi-player. And finally, is realistic in the sense that it provides communication between crews/players like you would see in the real world.

Flihp
23-09-2015, 02:29
Yes requesting a pit stop doesn't fix the pit occupied message, Last night for the first time in a long time I had the chance do do a longer race and used pit stops. 2 laps into the race a few drops of rain came and thought I would be smart and dive into the pits, this from 7th with the field in front of me clearly visible, I dived Into the pits to put on some inters. No other cars in pit yet I get the pits occupied message. Drive thru pits come back out last, sent in a pit request, clearly accepted, end of lap I get the box box box message, drive in pits and get the occupied pit message again, this time a lot of cars had pited too. Drive out of pits, send another request to pit and I get the "pit cancelled" message, re request again and third time lucky., but this time I was lapped. A few laps later it dried up and my inters were cooking, front left was bald, time to pit again, I just didn't bother, turned it off and went to bed. I will give it another go tonight without accelerated time and weather and see if it's any different.

phil

Edit. I don't even know why this posted in here when I type it in another thread regarding occupied pits... Was it a merged thread or something? Or am I going crazy..