PDA

View Full Version : This game isn't a game with rel time dates....

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 06:20
I mean its not like FIFA 15, F1 2015 etc, those game have a shelf life and don't the makers know it!

But for why with no issues with the game becoming 'out off date' does this game go on sale at 50% RRP after only 3 months?

As wonderful as i find this game, seriously what went wrong?

I genuinely would like some conversation about what went wrong or if indeed others think stuff even went wrong or is this normal? I see FIFA 15 on sale for 44 still and FIFA 16 is out very soon!!
I know FIFA is a mammoth , but why is PCars so cheap now? Will heads roll at SMS??

jason
31-08-2015, 06:31
I mean its not like FIFA 15, F1 2015 etc, those game have a shelf life and don't the makers know it!

But for why with no issues with the game becoming 'out off date' does this game go on sale at 50% RRP after only 3 months?

As wonderful as i find this game, seriously what went wrong?

I genuinely would like some conversation about what went wrong or if indeed others think stuff even went wrong or is this normal? I see FIFA 15 on sale for 44 still and FIFA 16 is out very soon!!
I know FIFA is a mammoth , but why is PCars so cheap now? Will heads roll at SMS??

Broken products seem to lose value pretty quickly I'm afraid .........

rams1de
31-08-2015, 06:51
The sales figures have been heralded a success. Contrary to heads rolling, I wouldn't be surprised to find they've been recruiting. Aren't they working on four games at present?

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 06:58
The sales figures have been heralded a success. Contrary to heads rolling, I wouldn't be surprised to find they've been recruiting. Aren't they working on four games at present?

This is the thing, are they? Do you think as a developer you'd be happy selling the game you made for half price barely 5 months after release? Especially with the extra money spent on staff working on patches...

Point is future investors will be looking long and hard at these things....

Bealdor
31-08-2015, 07:09
#1 You don't really expect an official answer from SMS on this topic, do you?

#2 The pricing is most likely decided by Namco because they're the distributor.

#3 Price drops after a few months are nothing unusual nowadays and are not an indicator of bad sales. Look at those numbers from Amazon (Germany):

Project CARS: PC 44,65€, PS4 40,87€, XB1 40,14€
The Witcher 3: PC 44,99€, PS4 43,79€, XB1 43,79€

Both games were released in May 2015, both games received a significant price drop on consoles. Would you call Witcher 3 a failure? Because that's what you're implying to PCARS.

rams1de
31-08-2015, 07:22
This is the thing, are they? Do you think as a developer you'd be happy selling the game you made for half price barely 5 months after release? Especially with the extra money spent on staff working on patches...

Point is future investors will be looking long and hard at these things....

Does the developers cut reduce because of a price drop? A lot of the price is distributor cost and retail mark up. If the price cut encourages even more sales of a game that has already exceeded forecasts, I'd be delighted.

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 07:40
#1 You don't really expect an official answer from SMS on this topic, do you?

#2 The pricing is most likely decided by Namco because they're the distributor.

#3 Price drops after a few months are nothing unusual nowadays and are not an indicator of bad sales. Look at those numbers from Amazon (Germany):

Project CARS: PC 44,65€, PS4 40,87€, XB1 40,14€
The Witcher 3: PC 44,99€, PS4 43,79€, XB1 43,79€

Both games were released in May 2015, both games received a significant price drop on consoles. Would you call Witcher 3 a failure? Because that's what you're implying to PCARS.

I was opening up a debate, why be so aggressive?

I'm sorry but half price after 3 odd months is not great whatever you spin it as....

PC49NZ
31-08-2015, 08:30
Actually I don't give a bugger about your so called debate mate. I love the game. that's all that matters to me.

Jim PC49NZ

julesdennis
31-08-2015, 08:35
I failed to see any kind of pont to this.

MitchR32
31-08-2015, 08:38
Oh noes SMS is going to go under!
Bandai Namco should sue them for delivering a shoddy product!
Ah there's the sky crushing it's way through my roof!

The game met it's financial goals, Bandai Namco set the price of the product and can obviously cut it's price to make more sales if they feel like it. With FM6 on it's way very soon it's a smart tactic to try get the game into more consoles before FM6 takes all the sales away. Learn some business before you go spouting emotional nonsense.....

Bealdor
31-08-2015, 08:42

Not trying to be agressive, I'm just not a fan of unfounded assumptions based on pure speculation.

I'm sorry but half price after 3 odd months is not great whatever you spin it as....

Of course would developers like to sell their games for full price for a longer period of time.
But unfortunately that seems to be reserved for the big players only nowadays.

That still doesn't mean that the sales figures are a fail, because 1 million+ sales are pretty good for a new franchise from an indie developer.

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 08:44
Actually I don't give a bugger about your so called debate mate. I love the game. that's all that matters to me.

Jim PC49NZ

Why join in then? You cared enough to answer......

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 08:47
Not trying to be agressive, I'm just not a fan of unfounded assumptions based on pure speculation.

Of course would developers like to sell their games for full price for a longer period of time.
But unfortunately that seems to be reserved for the big players only nowadays.

That still doesn't mean that the sales figures are a fail, because 1 million+ sales are pretty good for a new franchise from an indie developer.

But your a fan of allowing people to suggest Microsoft purposely delayed patch 3 on xbox for monetary gain on Forza 6..... well done.. you lost the plot on that thread and your showing signs of stress, i do hope you get paid well for moderating...

bobbylion
31-08-2015, 08:48

Jim PC49NZ

Jim, i am a big fan of this game also, but bad sales or price drops or whatever will mean that more games are made in the style of Forza or GT rather than proper racing...

Paulo Ribeiro
31-08-2015, 08:53

When and where was Bealdor agressive????
Btw, IMHO you started a nonsense thread.

Bealdor
31-08-2015, 08:57
But your a fan of allowing people to suggest Microsoft purposely delayed patch 3 on xbox for monetary gain on Forza 6..... well done.. you lost the plot on that thread and your showing signs of stress, i do hope you get paid well for moderating...

Ahhh... now I see were you're coming from. If you think you can get away this because you think you were treaded unfairly in this thread I'll have to disappoint you.

I'm not stressed at all. I'm having my second morning coffee atm and I'm feeling quite relaxed. And I'm not getting a single penny for moderating, I'm a volunteer just like all the other mods here.

Closed