PDA

View Full Version : Finally get the game to play only to never get fuel?

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 21:11
Guys seriously I don't want to come on here and moan moan moan but there's always a bleeding problem.

Since patch 3.0 I've not been able to play because of the game crashing to dash.

Today I completely removed my game and all DLC cleaned my Xbox and did a completely fresh install started a new game on a new save and started all over again, and touch wood no crashing terrible sound glitch but I can live with that, anyways all was going well until I pitted for tyres and fuel I got my tryes OK but no fuel?
OK I thought maybe I did something wrong so I looked at my pit screen and it said I needed 20lts of fuel to do 20 laps,,, in a GT3? Nah that's got to be wrong so I doubled it but was still running low by lap 16 so I pitted for tyres and fuel, I had 9lts left so I set it for and extra 30lts I heard my tyres go on but once again no fuel was added.

This game is driving me nuts the estimated fuel usage is useless and not pit stops are now not refuelling you.

Once again I've turned the game of in frustration, why for heavens sake does nothing work properly with this game, no matter how many times it gets patched its still a total balls up, it's so frustrating I really want to love this game it's got the potential to be epic, Please SMS sort it out, don't keep releasing patches that cause yet more problems your killing your game.

SMS I doubt I'll be around any longer but I'd like to say you could have an epic game here you've a lot of loyal fans out there and on this site you've let us casuals down don't do the same to them.

TrevorAustin
31-08-2015, 21:59
Was it in a gt3 career race where you maybe aren't allowed to refuel. I've made that mistake.

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 22:04
Was it in a gt3 career race where you maybe aren't allowed to refuel. I've made that mistake.

Nah I tried it in Renault cup as well and a solo in the capri each time I never received fuel :-(

RobMUFC1987
31-08-2015, 22:13
Nah I tried it in Renault cup as well and a solo in the capri each time I never received fuel :-(

Can't refuel in Clio Cup either

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 22:28
Can't refuel in Clio Cup either

What not in free weekend / solo? Or capri?

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 22:32
I'll try again in the morning guys maybe it's me doing something wrong? But that said the fuel calculations are a mile off that's definately not me.

Pink_650S
31-08-2015, 22:35
Its the game.

Umer Ahmad
31-08-2015, 22:38
I'll try again in the morning guys maybe it's me doing something wrong? But that said the fuel calculations are a mile off that's definately not me.

I have my own calculation of 2.7L/lap for most of the GP tracks for my RUF GT3. The fuel calc overshoots my estimate typically. This is after years of practice and knowing my style/pace.

Pink_650S
31-08-2015, 22:39
See here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38396-Mutliplayer-Experience-in-a-Nutshell&p=1105778#post1105778).

One race and every single driver had an issue with the game.

Umer Ahmad
31-08-2015, 22:41
See here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38396-Mutliplayer-Experience-in-a-Nutshell&p=1105778#post1105778).

I have linked that exact thread to the developers as well as a couple others from today. All regarding pitting problems. Fingers crossed.

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 22:48

Oh dear :-(

hkraft300
01-09-2015, 03:04
Fuel calculator works fine for me. Always overestimates my consumption though, so I generally put in .5-1 lap worth of fuel less than the race distance. It doesn't really take in to account waste gate pressure, driving style, gear ratios etc.
Are you sure you are looking at the # of laps (small numbers below fuel slider) or # of litres (big writing on the right of fuel slider)? Had a race last week where 1 of the guys put in 15 litres instead of 15 laps and he run dry on lap 9/10 and DNF.

Haven't noticed the refuelling problem - I don't often run races long enough to dry the tank, but when I have, I haven't had a issue. Except maybe putting too much fuel during a stop lol

Oz_OldTimer
01-09-2015, 06:35
In case it helps I have experienced the exact same problem in the Formula C Euro Championships. At least I can load enough fuel in it to make the whole distance but I also spent a bit of time trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any extra fuel.

Invincible
01-09-2015, 06:46
Fuel calculator works fine for me. Always overestimates my consumption though, so I generally put in .5-1 lap worth of fuel less than the race distance. It doesn't really take in to account waste gate pressure, driving style, gear ratios etc.
Are you sure you are looking at the # of laps (small numbers below fuel slider) or # of litres (big writing on the right of fuel slider)? Had a race last week where 1 of the guys put in 15 litres instead of 15 laps and he run dry on lap 9/10 and DNF.

Haven't noticed the refuelling problem - I don't often run races long enough to dry the tank, but when I have, I haven't had a issue. Except maybe putting too much fuel during a stop lol

I've also had it that both numbers, the fuel amount in liter as well as the number of laps are the same. This means sometimes a bug appears, having the game calculate with 1 L per lap. I ran dry in a GT4 career race (refuelling forbidden) because of this. I knew that these numbers can't be right and guessed. My guess was 1 Lap too short. :rolleyes:

On a sidenote: This bug has only appeared to me twice in ca 20 races.

rams1de
01-09-2015, 06:56
I've only had one race in career since the recent patch and experienced the bug with fuel calculation. It was fine during practise, calculating about 2.5L per lap for GT4 at Dubai but showed 1L per lap for the race.

justonce68
01-09-2015, 10:38
I noticed in multi player....after I ran out!. I put in enough for 14 laps... 13 lap race, on start line it said 14 lts. I checked on the next MP game and it said only 1lt required per lap. This may have something to do with not entering QF as I didn't have enough time to qualify