PDA

View Full Version : BMW 320 TC Framerate Slowdowns on Races with AI

Psychomatrix
01-09-2015, 04:11
I've tried now two races with the BMW 320 TC on Brands Hatch and Donigton and everytime i have the same issues. It seems that game hangs every couple of seconds a lttle so i never get the feeling of constantly speed. As i look beside the track on the buildings i see that the framerate isn't constant. Like it hangs than runs faster and then slower. Sorry but my english isn't good enough and i can't explain it better.

free practice the game runs smoothly with the 320 TC. I've compared the laptimes but there not slower in the race with AI.

Ah forgot tge races with AI was always with 21 AI Cars on track

Umer Ahmad
01-09-2015, 04:54
1. Other cars ok? Only the new TC causing problems?
2. What about something less like 12 AI?

nwrlchargerl
01-09-2015, 04:55
try hard resetting your console. Whenever I play project cars I give it a a hard reset first and it usually evades any frame rate and evem lag issues.

CreasingCurve1
01-09-2015, 05:29
I had this problem when I was racing the McLaren F1 at Bathurst with 27 other cars. I then changed it down to 16 or 17 I cant remember and I still had the same problem. its very annoying and it kept making me misjudge my speed and slam into every wall because I didn't know the true speed that I was going.

BMWE87
01-09-2015, 08:02
This also happens with 125cc Karts on Dubai Autodrome. Massive slow down when running on the kerb, warp speed as soon as you get off it. I've also been in a race with 250cc Karts on Sakitto and noticed massive slow downs the same as the OP mentioned.

12 Karts, 6 Laps. Console always gets a hard reset and problem is still present.

nissan4ever
01-09-2015, 12:08
BMW 320 TC

I ran a 5 lap race at Brands Hatch Indy & GP with 23 AI grid. I was in helmet cam view (no helmet or helmet focus blur). Time of day was set to 07:00 & real time advance. The weather was set to light clouds. The game ran silky smooth. I never experienced any surges of on screen action while doing the race at either layout of Brands Hatch.

Umer Ahmad
01-09-2015, 13:32
Please also review some of the suggesions here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28540-Having-Problems-with-Project-Cars-This-MAY-help!

Raven403
01-09-2015, 13:38
This also happens with 125cc Karts on Dubai Autodrome. Massive slow down when running on the kerb, warp speed as soon as you get off it. I've also been in a race with 250cc Karts on Sakitto and noticed massive slow downs the same as the OP mentioned.

12 Karts, 6 Laps. Console always gets a hard reset and problem is still present.

This.

It was most noticable with Karts. No matter where I was. there was a constant cycle of speed up slow down. I get it every now and then with no seeming rhyme or reason.

Had it with GT3 @ Silverstone Quick Race and MP
Had it as Monza Formula B Quick Race Noon, Light Cloud, 15 AI
Had it with GT1 @ Silverstone GP Quick Race 1700 time Med Cloud, 16 AI

Those are just the most recent ones I can think of, but it happens on a regular basis, just not as drastically as it did right after 2.0 But it was most easily reproduced in Kart Career. Happened constantly.

Also, only happens for me when other cars (AI or Players) are on track. Not solo

edit: I always use Power Save, Always reset before i play Pcars, make sure no other apps are running. Pcars is installed totally on my External Drive

BMWE87
01-09-2015, 13:49
This.

It was most noticable with Karts. No matter where I was. there was a constant cycle of speed up slow down. I get it every now and then with no seeming rhyme or reason.

Those are just the most recent ones I can think of, but it happens on a regular basis, just not as drastically as it did right after 2.0 But it was most easily reproduced in Kart Career. Happened constantly.

Also, only happens for me when other cars (AI or Players) are on track. Not solo

edit: I always use Power Save, Always reset before i play Pcars, make sure no other apps are running. Pcars is installed totally on my External Drive

+1 same.

P1ckN1cker2406
01-09-2015, 13:52
This.

Yep same here.

Psychomatrix
01-09-2015, 14:25
I give it try after downloading some things on xbox one here. I use normaly power save option but this days i don't. I'll give you feedback when i have make a hard reset.
Thanks for your help :)

JayRocVW
01-09-2015, 14:39
I've tried now two races with the BMW 320 TC on Brands Hatch and Donigton and everytime i have the same issues. It seems that game hangs every couple of seconds a lttle so i never get the feeling of constantly speed. As i look beside the track on the buildings i see that the framerate isn't constant. Like it hangs than runs faster and then slower. Sorry but my english isn't good enough and i can't explain it better.

free practice the game runs smoothly with the 320 TC. I've compared the laptimes but there not slower in the race with AI.

Ah forgot tge races with AI was always with 21 AI Cars on track

I had the same issue where it would lag going into corners did a hard reset on the xbox and it fixed everything for me. Seems like this game needs constant hard resets of the console.

Davie675
01-09-2015, 15:37
Yip had the same problem with the karts, after a hard reset it was fine.

BMWE87
01-09-2015, 15:58
Yip had the same problem with the karts, after a hard reset it was fine.

Hard reset didn't solve it for me. I had to turn down visuals.

Some advice from transfix:

Ok So try this out. Change the Visual settings back to default as below then reset your xbox. load game and see if it helps. I mimicked the same track/kart and visual settings and had the surging issue. When I entered the default visuals and tried again it was fine. Worth a try.

Post Processing Filters: On
Lens Flare: On
Sun Flare Exterior - Minimal
Sun Flare Interior - Full
Bloom: On
Heat Haze: Off
Global Specular Irradiance: On
Exposure Compensation: 1.00
Rain Drops: Yes
Vignette: No
Crepsecular Rays: Yes
Screen Dirt: Yes

Psychomatrix
02-09-2015, 03:39
So guys after hard reset everthing seems to be fine again
Thx all of you trying help me

nissan4ever
02-09-2015, 06:34
So guys after hard reset everthing seems to be fine again
Thx all of you trying help me

I personally always hard restart my console before playing Project CARS. Before I got Project CARS, I would hard restart my console at least once a week anyway (the whole clear the consoles cache thing).

Dirty4
02-09-2015, 07:46
Framerate slows down, and lap time also affected? Had issue, always run max AI cars on the track and lap times noticeably slower. And thats in clear traffic.

bobbylion
02-09-2015, 08:01
BMW 320 TC

I ran a 5 lap race at Brands Hatch Indy & GP with 23 AI grid. I was in helmet cam view (no helmet or helmet focus blur). Time of day was set to 07:00 & real time advance. The weather was set to light clouds. The game ran silky smooth. I never experienced any surges of on screen action while doing the race at either layout of Brands Hatch.

Well, thats cleared that one up...stop lying about frame rate issues people..not cool...

Umer Ahmad
02-09-2015, 08:20
Well, thats cleared that one up...stop lying about frame rate issues people..not cool...

Give it a rest already

BMWE87
02-09-2015, 08:25
Give it a rest already

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :rolleyes:

bobbylion
02-09-2015, 09:44
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :rolleyes:

Tough job and they do it for free! Not sure why... :confused:

BMWE87
02-09-2015, 09:53
Tough job and they do it for free! Not sure why... :confused:

Hey! You can't be rude to a mod, they'll give you an infraction! After all, Mods are above us remember? They can talk down to us but we can't do the same :rolleyes:.

Psychomatrix
02-09-2015, 12:10

Nobody lies here...stop bring negative and aggressive atmosphere here in the forum

bobbylion
02-09-2015, 12:26
Nobody lies here...stop bring negative and aggressive atmosphere here in the forum

Sarcasm, us Brits are good at it..

Umer Ahmad
02-09-2015, 13:35
Sarcasm, us Brits are good at it..
Except you. Now stop stinking up the place. You too BMWE39483984

BMWE87
02-09-2015, 14:35
Except you. Now stop stinking up the place. You too BMWE39483984

Sorry UmerFarooq MohammadBinTalalTawoofKhan.

Close your mouth and the stink will go.

Here's a hint, don't give what you can't take. Seeing as you're taking the piss out of my name, I'll do the same with yours.

Umer Ahmad
02-09-2015, 14:41
Sorry UmerFarooq MohammadBinTalalTawoofKhan.

Close your mouth and the stink will go.

Here's a hint, don't give what you can't take. Seeing as you're taking the piss out of my name, I'll do the same with yours.
Goodbye, never thought you would last here anyway.

@bobbylion: You want to join him? Shape up or ship out mate. my Tali-banhammer is unsheathed and is on pa-troll today.

DiabloSandwich
03-09-2015, 22:20
I'm getting this surging effect in most career races now,road america,hockenheim short are the two most recent tracks,with different cars too.
Can you actually turn down the number of AI in career mode on XBOX ONE,as I am struggling to see how to do it if anyone can help ?

nissan4ever
04-09-2015, 00:05
I'm getting this surging effect in most career races now,road america,hockenheim short are the two most recent tracks,with different cars too.
Can you actually turn down the number of AI in career mode on XBOX ONE,as I am struggling to see how to do it if anyone can help ?

No you can't. Be nice if you could lower AI grid size. A good hard restart should hopefully fix it. Then head straight to Project CARS.