PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R Championship Round 13: Formula A Monza GP

Joseph Barron
02-09-2015, 10:00
Round 13/18 of the 2015 SMS-R Driver Network Championship season. Available 4th September.

Please keep all discussion related to this round of the championship in this thread.

With update 3.0 now available on all platforms (Xbox One, PS4, PC), the SMS-R season will resume this weekend with Round 13.

Rounds 11 and 12 will be repeated later this year. Please see this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37854-Round-11-adjournment-to-a-later-date-and-cancelation-of-this-weekend%92s-lap-times&p=1098667&viewfull=1#post1098667) for more information.

Good luck!

FACT0RY PIL0T
03-09-2015, 03:20
Before the next patch you guys should do a little work on the Formula A brakes there lacking big time, somones calculations are off...... :p

N0body Of The Goat
03-09-2015, 09:34
Before the next patch you guys should do a little work on the Formula A brakes there lacking big time, somones calculations are off...... :p

In what way do you think the brakes are "wrong?"

FACT0RY PIL0T
03-09-2015, 11:24
In what way do you think the brakes are "wrong?"
I feel there lacking in overall braking power, I should be able to stomp the brakes at the 200 brake marker and lock them up. Notice it's not only the Formula A, seems a lot of the cars are this way, not stomp them and wait for the last 10 feet for them to lock

ibby
03-09-2015, 11:42
I feel there lacking in overall braking power, I should be able to stomp the brakes at the 200 brake marker and lock them up. Notice it's not only the Formula A, seems a lot of the cars are this way, not stomp them and wait for the last 10 feet for them to lock

Ben Collins would've commented on that lack of braking power yet he didn't. And it's not like he wasn't very critical for a long time of the FA.
Why would you be able to lock the tyres when you still got lots of downforce and speed?
We also never see them lock up in real life at higher speeds yet we have telemetry showing them braking 100% until right before the corner.
Any evidence to back up what you feel ? I'm not saying you're wrong or that we have it 100% right but just saying that you feel it isn't very convincing. ;)

I assume you already set brake pressure to 100% in the setup and lowered brake mapping for more engine braking ?

FACT0RY PIL0T
03-09-2015, 12:18
Ben Collins would've commented on that lack of braking power yet he didn't. And it's not like he wasn't very critical for a long time of the FA.
Why would you be able to lock the tyres when you still got lots of downforce and speed?
We also never see them lock up in real life at higher speeds yet we have telemetry showing them braking 100% until right before the corner.
Any evidence to back up what you feel ? I'm not saying you're wrong or that we have it 100% right but just saying that you feel it isn't very convincing. ;)

I assume you already set brake pressure to 100% in the setup and lowered brake mapping for more engine braking ?

Ok so in your OP when should you be able to lock the brakes if you try, and yes ive played with all the settings. And they brake more and harder than just before the corner and still have a lot of pressure at turn in to apex. Even with plenty of heat in the brakes theres no way im getting the stopping results lets say at some points there at the 100 board when braking and thats just not gonna happen with this.

Now i may be carrying a bit more speed at this point etc etc, and it could all play in together giving me that feeling there lacking. But if the SIM was correct it wouldnt matter, and only net me doing it at lets say 120 instead of 100 mark not the 200 mark.

And the whole Ben Collins thing is like CM saying we had Anthony Davidson help us its gotta be right, yeah ok not!

ibby
05-09-2015, 22:05
Great Lap FinPro! Especially accelerating out of T1 i can't keep up.
I keep braking later and later, using brake mapping 0 and 100% pressure by now.
Still finding out how to get the most from engine braking. Not sure wether downshifting,waiting til down to a certain revrange then next downshift or downshifting in pairs is better.
Anyone found any cut track problems ? I hope not. :)

FACT0RY PIL0T: I think we need specifics. At which corner do you need to brake way earlier than they needed in 2011 ?
We're already 4+ seconds lower than real times, i doubt that would be possible if we need to brake so much earlier than them.

Ezor
06-09-2015, 17:07
Can't do better than 1.21.4 :(

Really curious to look at the setup of FinPro, just to know if it's a setup issue or if i'm just bad :(

I would love to have a contests with setup locked !

ahf74
06-09-2015, 20:30

Really curious to look at the setup of FinPro, just to know if it's a setup issue or if i'm just bad :(

I agree with you, I like to see what settings you have.
Playing with DRS and Kers, I'm nowhere near that time. 1: 22,377

I tried settings Jack van Hees, Monza 3.0 and is much improved than standard but noted that putting the ghost Finpro has much more acceleration than I when exiting a curve, more than anything in the first chicane.

FACT0RY PIL0T
06-09-2015, 22:54
Great Lap FinPro! Especially accelerating out of T1 i can't keep up.
I keep braking later and later, using brake mapping 0 and 100% pressure by now.
Still finding out how to get the most from engine braking. Not sure wether downshifting,waiting til down to a certain revrange then next downshift or downshifting in pairs is better.
Anyone found any cut track problems ? I hope not. :)

FACT0RY PIL0T: I think we need specifics. At which corner do you need to brake way earlier than they needed in 2011 ?
We're already 4+ seconds lower than real times, i doubt that would be possible if we need to brake so much earlier than them.

I think the thing people forget is 1st off we will always be quicker than real life lap times. They would probably need to cut the power on the model by a bunch, and re do the aero drag, and downforce numbers, but then it may fix the braking point for point.

Taking grip away from the tires, or the track wont make it right, theres just a lot that would need to be done to get the lap times exactley on the money.

FACT0RY PIL0T
06-09-2015, 22:56
What are the current times on PC, Xbox ????

FACT0RY PIL0T
06-09-2015, 23:04

That would be good, but for me only if you could adjust brake ballance, as no 2 pedal sets work the same exactley, and that makes a big difference causing brake lock up

Ezor
07-09-2015, 10:15
FinPro is running in 1.18.4!

FinPro
07-09-2015, 19:35
I had to switch aids and other diseases on to get under 1.18 but im sure other people on consoles are much faster. Those french guys are monster hotlappers :)
I can share my setup later here if people are interested.

FACT0RY PIL0T
07-09-2015, 19:39
I had to switch aids and other diseases on to get under 1.18 but im sure other people on consoles are much faster. Those french guys are monster hotlappers :)
On pc, or xbox?? What kind of times?

FinPro
07-09-2015, 19:48
On pc, or xbox?? What kind of times?

I dont have Xbox or PS4 so i dont know :) but still im sure they are doing better times than iam

ahf74
08-09-2015, 11:11

if FinPro please share your settings.
The previous time he did it without any assistance ?, and the latter (1: 17,889) did all assistance to overcome to schumi170388 (1: 18,411), tell me if I'm wrong.
If so, use the same settings with assistance without assistance?
Thanks for answering.
Regards.

N0body Of The Goat
08-09-2015, 14:50
Given that real F1 cars typically use -3.5 camber on the front wheels or more if they can get away with it and ~1.1 on the rear if I recall correctly something David Coulthard said a few years back at Monza, I'm confused as to why I was getting better laptimes using 0.0 rear camber and -0.5 front to get my time of 1min20.9secs with no help from any assists.

With those unusually low camber levels, I was hitting 254kph down the pit straight with KERS and DRS and close to 240kph on the other long straights, which was more than making up for any "clumsy" cornering.

I was also surprised that 5% radiator opening never once gave an overheating warning, while even with 20% brake duct and 100% brake power it did not take long for "pit stop Ben" to warn me of overheating brakes.

I would love to have a fixed default setup event run alongside custom setup events.

I would also like to have some setup sliders reduced in range, for instance these nonsensical camber values.

Limiting DRS to specific zones would be great, but if this ever happens, I suspect it will be a pCARS2 thing.

Ezor
08-09-2015, 16:48

Yeah many thanks if you can share your setup :)
And good job !

FACT0RY PIL0T
08-09-2015, 17:33
Well I ended up running a 1:17.390 on PS4 I beleive it was.

My gear spacing was kinda messed up between 2-3-4-5 which was throwing me off on down shifts, and really didnt have hours to go back and work on it, but it got the job done.

http://youtu.be/MfijshEQWE4

Ezor
08-09-2015, 17:45

My gear spacing was kinda messed up between 2-3-4-5 which was throwing me off on down shifts, and really didnt have hours to go back and work on it, but it got the job done.

Can you share your setup too please ?

FACT0RY PIL0T
09-09-2015, 12:06
Did they ever post the overall 3 platform results from this round???

Joseph Barron
09-09-2015, 15:51
Did they ever post the overall 3 platform results from this round???

Coming shortly.

Joseph Barron
09-09-2015, 16:11
The results are in from the Round 13 of the Driver Network Championship.

Here's the news article:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/sms-r-driver-network-championship-monza-results

Full results available here:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html

GT-Club_Atho_
10-09-2015, 11:10
The results are in from the Round 13 of the Driver Network Championship.

Here's the news article:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/sms-r-driver-network-championship-monza-results

Full results available here:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html

Thanks for the update.

However, your teams leaderboard is wrong or i don't know how many members per team you are taking :)

havocc
10-09-2015, 13:52

Downshifting so hard to use engine braking should make the engine go boom...:confused:

ElMister
10-09-2015, 16:38

Dear mother! That is one quick lap. I only managed to get a low 1:19. Quick question, what brake bias did you run? I noticed that you brake a bit later than I do but still get a better flow around the corners. Again, great lap time!

FACT0RY PIL0T
10-09-2015, 17:17
Dear mother! That is one quick lap. I only managed to get a low 1:19. Quick question, what brake bias did you run? I noticed that you brake a bit later than I do but still get a better flow around the corners. Again, great lap time!i think somewhere around 57-58 but i adjust the bias while driving front or back depending on how im driving at the moment during the laps

ahf74
10-09-2015, 21:34
hus was the standings on PC.
It is shown here who is using assists, and camera settings

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=36

I'm still waiting FinPro settings.

FACT0RY PIL0T
15-09-2015, 00:02
What car is being used for round 14?