PDA

View Full Version : BMW 320TC WTCC Steering Ratio Bug?

x ImJakeyy
02-09-2015, 12:07
Hello,

Was doing a MP lobby yesterday in the BMW 320TC with a few other players, I wasn't getting the reaction from the steering ratio I wanted with the car so I lowered it a few clicks, and still thought "Odd doesn't seem like its done anything".
So I lowered it right to the Fastest setting possible, and still the steering was exactly the same speed as it was at default.

Someone else in the lobby raised it to the highest and again thought the same thing that it was the same ratio.

Is this bugged or is the 320TC supposed to be a locked steering ratio?

Jake

miagi
02-09-2015, 12:11
Yep, tested it too. Changing the steering ratio in a multiplayer practice session, there was no difference. Also I could always turn my wheel to it's max angle (~900 rotation) no matter what ratio I set in the setup.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
02-09-2015, 12:27
Huh. Does it do anything in FP or other single player sessions?

N0body Of The Goat
02-09-2015, 12:36
Wasn't there a bug reported recently in here, containing a video, where steering ratio changes only apply after a re-launch of pCARS?

Bealdor
02-09-2015, 12:38
Sounds like the infamous "Steering Ratio Bug". Steering ratio changes will only be applied when you restart the session (which doesn't work in MP).

Edit: Goat'd

Edit 2: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37351-I-found-a-workaround-for-the-steering-ratio-bug

x ImJakeyy
02-09-2015, 13:28
Huh. Does it do anything in FP or other single player sessions?

Not tried it in SP modes, I rarely play them. Will test it there tonight.

x ImJakeyy
02-09-2015, 13:29
Sounds like the infamous "Steering Ratio Bug". Steering ratio changes will only be applied when you restart the session (which doesn't work in MP).

Edit: Goat'd

Edit 2: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37351-I-found-a-workaround-for-the-steering-ratio-bug

Ahh someone did say they thought leaving the session and rejoining would solve it, but it did nothing for him, so we thought it was just a bug with the car.

Aizcold
02-09-2015, 15:13
Leaving the session and then rejoining definitely does help. You'll want to set the steering ratio to the desired value, save set up, leave session, then rejoin session and you will notice the difference, assuming you've changed the ratio by a big enough margin. I usually change the steering ratio in the garage (lobby screen) before the session starts and that also works for me.

You can easily test this by setting the steering ratio to the maximum value and then following the steps I described and taking the car out on the track and after that doing the same thing but with the steering ratio set to the minimum value. It's a bit annoying to have to adjust it like this for it to save, but at least this a useful work around until this bug is fixed.

x ImJakeyy
02-09-2015, 16:20
Leaving the session and then rejoining definitely does help. You'll want to set the steering ratio to the desired value, save set up, leave session, then rejoin session and you will notice the difference, assuming you've changed the ratio by a big enough margin. I usually change the steering ratio in the garage (lobby screen) before the session starts and that also works for me.

You can easily test this by setting the steering ratio to the maximum value and then following the steps I described and taking the car out on the track and after that doing the same thing but with the steering ratio set to the minimum value. It's a bit annoying to have to adjust it like this for it to save, but at least this a useful work around until this bug is fixed.

Multiplayer is different you have to restart the whole game it seems, as I said I went from default which is quite slow, to a very fast.
Saved > Went to track (Nothing)
Saved > Left MP session > Rejoined (Nothing)

Only way is apparently Save > Leave > Quit game

bluwaters
02-09-2015, 20:20
Does anyone know the default Steering Ratio for the BMW 320 so I can use it as a starting point?
Thanks

Schnizz58
02-09-2015, 20:27
Does anyone know the default Steering Ratio for the BMW 320 so I can use it as a starting point?
Thanks

15.9:1

Aizcold
02-09-2015, 21:17
Multiplayer is different you have to restart the whole game it seems, as I said I went from default which is quite slow, to a very fast.
Saved > Went to track (Nothing)
Saved > Left MP session > Rejoined (Nothing)

Only way is apparently Save > Leave > Quit game
That's strange. I only really play online most of the time and this trick works fine for me. I'm on PS4 though, maybe that's the difference. Is this always the case for you or just this time?

Also, try changing the steering ratio in the garage before the session starts. That usually works fine for me.

x ImJakeyy
02-09-2015, 21:44
That's strange. I only really play online most of the time and this trick works fine for me. I'm on PS4 though, maybe that's the difference. Is this always the case for you or just this time?

Also, try changing the steering ratio in the garage before the session starts. That usually works fine for me.

Normally changing the steering ratio just works or has done before, But that was all before patch 3.0.

This was the first time I've changed it since Patch 3.0

Scuderia Paul
02-09-2015, 22:34
The 320 TC seems to have the same twitchy feel the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail had in that it is hard to keep in a straight line. I just finished a race at Circuit de La Sarthe and we were all snaking down the straights.

Anyone else notice this?

stangnutlx
03-09-2015, 15:59
I can't stand the fact that if I drive a z4gt3 the steering is great. Leave jump into an audi gt3 or the ruf gt3 and the steering is so twitchy and exaggerated you can drive the car. I'm talking slight movement of steering wheel send the car off the track.