PDA

View Full Version : It's a mess

CHEN255
03-09-2015, 03:15
I've always loved PCars despite the many bugs and glitches and have always enjoyed playing it, they have always been annoying/irritating rather than game breaking.
But last night after playing for 4 hours I just started to feel meh about the game. I experienced a couple of bugs and glitches which I used to just not let bother me but after that session I was just a bit fed up really.
Fed up enough to actually start being very interested in the imminent release of Forza 6 and giving some serious thought to selling my PS4 and waving bye to PCars and purchasing an XBone and Forza 6.
So much potential but I have to be honest and admit that this is the most bug ridden and broken title I have ever owned and perhaps I'm just over the whole thing now. I'm not sure it will ever be fixed properly because I finally faced up to the fact that there are an overwhelming number of issues with PCars. I'll hang in there for a while longer but I'm falling out of love with it.

SUBGTRACER
03-09-2015, 03:20
I've always loved PCars despite the many bugs and glitches and have always enjoyed playing it, they have always been annoying/irritating rather than game breaking.
But last night after playing for 4 hours I just started to feel meh about the game. I experienced a couple of bugs and glitches which I used to just not let bother me but after that session I was just a bit fed up really.
Fed up enough to actually start being very interested in the imminent release of Forza 6 and giving some serious thought to selling my PS4 and waving bye to PCars and purchasing an XBone and Forza 6.
So much potential but I have to be honest and admit that this is the most bug ridden and broken title I have ever owned and perhaps I'm just over the whole thing now. I'm not sure it will ever be fixed properly because I finally faced up to the fact that there are an overwhelming number of issues with PCars. I'll hang in there for a while longer but I'm falling out of love with it.

I am feeling exactly the same as yourself ....... Its just not getting better like it was supposed to , had high hopes for the title but I am completely frustrated with the ffb settings and the bugs, I'm just about done but I wont be selling the ps4 .

arthurino
03-09-2015, 03:42
Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I've been toying woth the idea of buying an XBone just for Forza but couldn't fathom parting with my PS4. Like you I sometimes feel disillusioned but remember that it's been just over 3 months since release and hold out hope for improvements.

hkraft300
03-09-2015, 03:43
Having been disappointed with Gt6 and not willing to await GT7, I was seriously considering xb1 for Forza5/6 after having spent a fair bit of time on my housemate's xb1. Then I found out about pCars on ps4 and going by the trailers and description, it's far more than I'd hoped - it's the one and only sim on console. It's not "simcade" like Forza/GT series.
Sure it's buggy, but clearly you hadn't played Battlefield 4 on console before its many fixes. Hell its come out how long ago and the graphics is still glitchy and, compared to pCars on the same console: absolutely sub-standard. You also haven't played F1 2015.
Yes pCars is bugged - but seems many "bugs" are the way it's meant to be - just that those us who aren't hardcore racing fans don't know of minute rule details. Eg some racing series don't allow refuelling - so some report it/ see it as a bug when the pit crew don't fill up the tank. Eg some have their tires cooked in 1/2 a lap after a pit stop - it's a bug, NOT their fault that they hadn't set their pit strategy which had only 1.0 bar tire pressure set in the pit menu.
I find 80% of bug complaints are like the examples I gave above. Yes there are major bugs that cause complete crashes, wheels going crazy, FFB dying etc. Some are directly pCars, some are console OS issues (yes, both consoles have them), some are wheel firmware related and some are bandwidth issues.
Not that I'm sticking up for pCars, but there's really nothing to compete with it in the horizon that I see because I want a sim. If that's not a bother to you, then yes Forza 6 is a definite contender for your money. If Forza 6 is bugged, vote with your wallet and make your complaints heard to Microsoft/Turn10.
Keep in mind the feedback from Turn 10 won't compare to SMS in their post-release support. I'd like to see the head of Turn10 involved in Forza forums lol

Hengist
03-09-2015, 03:50
but I am completely frustrated with the ffb settings.

I also share your frustration.

SUBGTRACER
03-09-2015, 04:08
Played plenty of battlefield Hkraft , love the game.

F1 cant really comment as I haven't played it.

I see your point about pcars in its own right its a great concept and it does have great moments , your 80% would be a stretch with the bug reports ........What concerns me is the amount of bugs there are alot , more so on xbox so it seems . The main concern to me is how random the bugs are for people running exactly the same system , some people get wheels falling , some people get invisible walls some people get 6 crashes in a day and some don't all running the same system. And some don't get them very much so it seems ....... Trying to fix things like this must be a nightmare as there isn't the same thing happening to everyone at the same time.

Bandwidth issues with a wheel ....... What!

CHEN255
03-09-2015, 04:22
I have BF4 and it's one of my favourites though I purchased it almost a year after release once it had been through numerous patches to fix its issues. I'm not sure that PCars is fixable though.
As for F12015, no way would I buy it due to its bugs and missing features. Codemasters F1 Titles have had there issues (not all though)but PCars is the worst.

AdM1
03-09-2015, 04:41
What worries me with Project Cars is they seem to be struggling to fix things I thought are trivial and easy, I can understand stuttering and such being difficult as that's performance based but why is it hard to ensure stuff like tunes are saved correctly. This bug has been about since 2.0 which came out coming up for 2 months ago and yet no mention that they have sourced the problem and fixed it. Very disconcerting if you ask me.

weerufus
03-09-2015, 05:26
I downloaded the Forza demo, switched it off after less than a minute.

Realised, despite the bugs, how much pCars gas spoiled me, FM6 felt terrible, particularly the FFB (I'm using thrustmaster tx wheel)

hkraft300
03-09-2015, 05:35
True Subgtracer it must be a nightmare to fix with the differing scenarios and random nature of the bugs. I meant bandwidth and wheel FFB issues as separate entities.
Also very true that XB1 are suffering more issues than PS4, and seems the digital copies are also having more dramas than hard copies. I've had problems but many others on PS4 (hard and digital customers) seem to have more problems than myself.
I love BF4 but on PS3 it was shit (scaling down for a weaker system?) and on Ps4 it made massive leaps forward in fixes and I think pCars has done the same in a short time, and continuing to do so.
As I said for OP and many others a car racing simcade may suffice but for the moment pCars simulation is exactly what I'm after and see no competition for it until Asetto Corsa comes out on Ps4. Considering how pCars was at release, and where it is now with 3.0, I do have high hopes for the next patch and pCars 2.
I suppose it's a trend now with all developers that can rush a release and worry about fixes with multi-gigabyte patches later on. Not a nice trend, but that's the way it is at the moment.

KK78
03-09-2015, 10:29
I still play PCars but having done 21 seasons now I tend to just dip in and out of it as extended plays tend to come with bugs and dodgy trophies. I've gone back to Driveclub which although a different kind of racer is still getting a wealth of updates, additional content and features and is also tangibly competitive because the game is reliable - I find this frustrating in PCars because so many tracks and the racers in them are dodgy- either by relying on random track limits, glitches or just straight out cheating, in short it doesn't feel like much of a community to me.

More Driveclub, maybe Forza and Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa for me if they meet expectations.

Photonmonkey
03-09-2015, 10:50
I can understand people's pains regarding bugs but to me this is the real deal when it comes to SIM on a console, at its heart is a solid physics engine and tyre/tire model. As I am not into the online scene and haven't even bothered with career as having too much fun tinkering, this game is still perfect for me. It's an automotive sandbox not like Forza or GT where the cars are more like prized works of art to be gorped at painted and modified. This is about how the cars feel and breath and for me that is conveyed so well I can forgive all the bugs. I will stick with it and hopefully in the end the major bugs will get squashed. I left XBox one and Forza behind, sure Forza 6 will be a good game but it isn't and was never intended to be a full on sim as Dan Greenawalt said himself. Therefore on next gen there is only PCARS and until we see what GT7 may have to offer I am with it for the long haul.

KK78
03-09-2015, 11:05
I agree as a sim it is unrivalled on consoles, however my issue is that I only have so much patience when most aspects of what makes it a sim (tweaking, environmental conditions, settings, realistic modelling/handling) are prone to having issues, regularly still, 4 to 5 months after release.

It breaks immersion too much, it's kinda a case of flawed genius for me.

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 11:32
I can understand people's pains regarding bugs but to me this is the real deal when it comes to SIM on a console, at its heart is a solid physics engine and tyre/tire model. As I am not into the online scene and haven't even bothered with career as having too much fun tinkering, this game is still perfect for me. It's an automotive sandbox not like Forza or GT where the cars are more like prized works of art to be gorped at painted and modified. This is about how the cars feel and breath and for me that is conveyed so well I can forgive all the bugs. I will stick with it and hopefully in the end the major bugs will get squashed. I left XBox one and Forza behind, sure Forza 6 will be a good game but it isn't and was never intended to be a full on sim as Dan Greenawalt said himself. Therefore on next gen there is only PCARS and until we see what GT7 may have to offer I am with it for the long haul.

You have perfectly summed up why for most rational people they can have a Forza or GT game AND have PCars in their collection......

KK78
03-09-2015, 11:34
You have perfectly summed up why for most rational people they can have a Forza or GT game AND have PCars in their collection......

That's very true, I find it very sad when people get all elitist about racing games, each can be enjoyable and challenging in it's own ways.

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 11:43
That's very true, I find it very sad when people get all elitist about racing games, each can be enjoyable and challenging in it's own ways.

Yep, i love cars i'm a petrol head my world revolves around cars, bikes and motorsport due to my business interests, so for me having a Forza in my life is just a no brainer, even if i didn't even drive the cars in it, i want to have that game to get up close and personal with the worlds most iconic cars... PCars fits the bill for racing proper grids of cars, the gritty UK tracks, its awesome...so that's why i shall have both....gimme gimme gimme...

I don't give a fig which one is the 'bestest eva init' as I will have both anyway. I don't care if Forza physics are not as good, i don't really care because i'll have PCars anyway so if that is better, i got it all covered....see...oh and if GT7 is great with no 'standard cars', i'm all over that also.. simple isn't it..

cmch15
03-09-2015, 11:43
I disagree that it is a mess, however I do fear for its future on console because of people like those in this thread who have come to feel this way. Perhaps I am lucky not to have had any major issues, but if Forza/GT/Driveclub is your thing then of course that is your choice.

The GT series is something I have "put up" with over the years because they were the best available, on console at least, even though in reality the handling sucks and the AI too.

Have not played Forza but when you watch videos of something you get an idea of how it handles and plays and it doesn't look close to P/cars in that respect. Driveclub only really offers nice rain effects, I think I played it for about 10mins before reinserting P/Cars.

KK78
03-09-2015, 11:54
You gotta find the sweet spot for most of these games, Forza & GT is for me about the career and building that virtual garage, PCars is about emulating real life racing in classes rarely available in other games, Driveclub is about the immense challenge offered by their 'jump in, jump out' community driven time trials and challenges and the Crew is about throwing the game in the bin ;)

For longevity though they need to well supported, upgraded and improved over time to retain the consumers and for me personally SMS appears to have gone very very quiet (on here) since the last patch and while I hope they are working hard on improving the game the cynic in me feels their focus is now perhaps on PCars 2.

julesdennis
03-09-2015, 12:04
I disagree that it is a mess, however I do fear for its future on console because of people like those in this thread who have come to feel this way. Perhaps I am lucky not to have had any major issues, but if Forza/GT/Driveclub is your thing then of course that is your choice.

The GT series is something I have "put up" with over the years because they were the best available, on console at least, even though in reality the handling sucks and the AI too.

Have not played Forza but when you watch videos of something you get an idea of how it handles and plays and it doesn't look close to P/cars in that respect. Driveclub only really offers nice rain effects, I think I played it for about 10mins before reinserting P/Cars.

I dont want to comment the "it is a mess".But why do you fear for its future?Because some people (customers) feel this way?
This game have more customers in concoles (PS4 then XBONE) than it did in PC.That is because those customers (PS and Xone) did not have anything similar to buy.
IF (what you say) will happen,will not be because of "people" felling this way but because there are going to have more "racing game" coming in both systems.
F6 in a few days
AC (in both systems) in 2016
GT (again in 2016)
(And I am not adding NFS or other future racing titles here.)
F6 and GT are not exacly what you call a "racing sim" but are both established titles all these years and have a strong and big fan base and easy to sell because of their huge car list and the fact that they are not just for hardcore racing sim fans.
Ac is another "racing sim" that compares directly to Pcars.That means that people who want a sim racing game and dont think that Pcars did the job,they will jump to it.
And others will play both or all of them,since it is better to have more choices/games than just enjoy one game "because it is the best of its kind".

KK78
03-09-2015, 12:10
I think perhaps cmch15 means that in console games you generally have a finite window to get a game fully up to speed, the more ambitious the game, the longer that window is. The challenge is then to get the game reliably working consistently AND adding plenty of upgrades features and additional content. It could be argued that this is where PCars is a little behind it's own curve and once an individual has had a game several months and feels it is still not 'right' or offering them enough reason to keep playing they won't be returning the sequel or at least not straight away. It is also true that competitor games may accelerate those perceptions.

xsomnivmx
03-09-2015, 12:30
For longevity though they need to well supported, upgraded and improved over time to retain the consumers and for me personally SMS appears to have gone very very quiet (on here) since the last patch and while I hope they are working hard on improving the game the cynic in me feels their focus is now perhaps on PCars 2.

Well.. let's be honest. How many video game forums have a large number of devs appearing in the threads, helping and explaining stuff? Most studios have a community manager thats active in forums, on reddit, twitter, etc. and maybe 2 or 3 "star" employees that are famous enough to get tweeted at with questions to the game.

See 343 Industries. Shit hit the fan in their forums pretty hard in the last weeks, when there were announcements that most people didn't like. And i have never ever seen some of the devs there, explaining stuff. Only in a small number of blog posts.

I'm not saying that it is good or normal that many of the devs have gone a bit silent in the last weeks. But, let's be reasonable and not equal forum activity with support for the game. See it this way.. every minute a dev spends here, he is not coding. ;)

Knightfall
03-09-2015, 12:34

This.. Not sure I could have said it any better.

Last night, I returned to multiplayer for the first time in a week or two. I played with 2 of my buddies and filled the lobby with AI. We had a blast, spending more time then we intended playing which I am GLADLY paying for this morning.

I have seen some of the bugs, but not all, and I must say first and foremost the term "game-breaking" is nothing short of abused on this forum. Currently, there are NO GAME BREAKING BUGS IN THE GAME, including pit stops. You can play any mode you like, and it is playable. I don't think people really understand "game breaking..."

As far as the evident little bugs that are still there, they are getting fixed. I have played this game since release day (mind you I liked it prior to the other patches) and it has done nothing but get better and better. The track record SMS has developed for patching and adding to their program is also above average.. Anyone in here played ANY game by EA? lol... I saw BF4 mentioned (which I still own).. It took twice as long for that game to reach optimal level.

I have no wheel, so any of these bugs that are being talked about specific to wheels I have not seen. That being said, all 60+ hours of my motorhead enjoyment were done with a controller.. You don't NEED a wheel, despite it probably making the game better.

Lastly, the "sandbox" feel described by Photonmonkey is what really makes me smile ear to ear. I love being able to turn the game on, and immediately go anywhere with any car to do an any lap number race in any way that I.... you get the point.

I am also in this game for the long haul. I have never played a racer this good.

KK78
03-09-2015, 12:37
@XSom True enough, though I can think of examples of devs who are still very active in the community long since release. However as you kind of acknowledge it's dangerous to set out on one precedent only for it to change afterwards, if you go the whole hog with a dedicated forum as we are fortunate enough to have here, waxing lyrical in the sales generation phase of the game then don't be surprised if people quickly fall of the wagon when greeted with sustained silence thereafter.

SMS should be commended for the forum community they have created, it is far more than we get from the majority of other devs/publishers, but keeping it going in a consistent vein is the bigger challenge.

Absence makes the heart go elsewhere when it comes to gaming.

julesdennis
03-09-2015, 12:49
This.. Not sure I could have said it any better.

Last night, I returned to multiplayer for the first time in a week or two. I played with 2 of my buddies and filled the lobby with AI. We had a blast, spending more time then we intended playing which I am GLADLY paying for this morning.

I have seen some of the bugs, but not all, and I must say first and foremost the term "game-breaking" is nothing short of abused on this forum. Currently, there are NO GAME BREAKING BUGS IN THE GAME, including pit stops. You can play any mode you like, and it is playable. I don't think people really understand "game breaking..."

As far as the evident little bugs that are still there, they are getting fixed. I have played this game since release day (mind you I liked it prior to the other patches) and it has done nothing but get better and better. The track record SMS has developed for patching and adding to their program is also above average.. Anyone in here played ANY game by EA? lol... I saw BF4 mentioned (which I still own).. It took twice as long for that game to reach optimal level.

I have no wheel, so any of these bugs that are being talked about specific to wheels I have not seen. That being said, all 60+ hours of my motorhead enjoyment were done with a controller.. You don't NEED a wheel, despite it probably making the game better.

Lastly, the "sandbox" feel described by Photonmonkey is what really makes me smile ear to ear. I love being able to turn the game on, and immediately go anywhere with any car to do an any lap number race in any way that I.... you get the point.

I am also in this game for the long haul. I have never played a racer this good.

It is fair and true what you say from your point of view and what bugs you have faced (or not,since it is not the same for everyone,even in the same system).
But others may have different opinion since it is not the same with them.
Example.
I spend my game time in closed multyplayer "championship" sessions.
In the first 4 races I did ,I had (I mean in all of them) the "pit stop" bug.Imagine.We are talking about 1 hour plus races that you have to spend 40-30 min (at least) racing with "red tires" and try to keep the car into the track.
After the last update,I only had minor troubles off line (this far).But in the last online race we had 6 disconections (in a q session) and we had to restart the session again(all happend when the q was about to finish).In the second one we had 1 but he managed to come back and post a lap time.
In the race itself we had again 2 disc (and I am talking about different guys,so internet connection had nothing to do with all these),2 "land mines" in the same lap in the same spot for 2 different people and one pitstop bug.
And the same was happening in the second lobby the "league" was running in the same time.
I had zero problems.But because I had no problems that did not mean that all these were just small bugs.Some of them may very well call them as "game-breaking" since they could not play the game.
From my point of view,SMS has done a good job trying to fix things,but I am afraid that they have a very long way to go in order to say that this game is playable as it is supposed to be.

xsomnivmx
03-09-2015, 12:56
@XSom True enough, though I can think of examples of devs who are still very active in the community long since release.

I'm sure there are many. The only one i know that seems to have a half way decent communication from devs to community is Destiny - but.. let's be honest. Thanks to their great "Expansion Set every 3-4 Month" Plan, there is no "long since release". Ever. Of all time.

However as you kind of acknowledge it's dangerous to set out on one precedent only for it to change afterwards, if you go the whole hog with a dedicated forum as we are fortunate enough to have here, waxing lyrical in the sales generation phase of the game then don't be surprised if people quickly fall of the wagon when greeted with sustained silence thereafter.

SMS should be commended for the forum community they have created, it is far more than we get from the majority of other devs/publishers, but keeping it going in a consistent vein is the bigger challenge.

Absence makes the heart go elsewhere when it comes to gaming.

I totally get what you mean and i kind of agree, except maybe for the last part. Because, yes. I find it nice to have such an easy way to talk to the devs (and WMD Guys, that have more knowledge than the "normal" user) - at the end of the day, thats not the deciding factor for me, if i stick with the game or move on. That's only the amount of fun i have with the game in my bit of spare time. Beeing away 60h+/week for work, i have to choose my games wisely. ;)
And.... i hope this doesn't sound to harsh, because it's not meant to - and please please keep in mind, english is not my first language - but i payed the devs (a small amount) of money by buying the game and the dlcs and the only thing i expect in return is a game that gives me the amount of fun i want from it. I don't feel any amount of pressure to stick with PCars if it wouldn't give me what i want from it and my heart isn't really in it. At least not in a way that could be changed by the amount of time devs spend on the forums. I appreciate it. But more in the sense i appreciate a good business relationship with my clients. I hope you get what i try to say.. and again. in no why this should sound negative against sms or wmd guys, i appreciate your work. :)

24Lemons
03-09-2015, 13:03
I'm finding more and more that my patience is fading with regards to this game which is a shame because the potential is there for it to be great. Now that Forza 6 is on the horizon, so to speak, I'm tempted to put Project Cars aside for a while and maybe return once a few more patches have been released.

I had fully expected Project Cars to sweep aside Forza 6 and in many areas it still holds the advantage. My feeling is that Forza may, in the short term at least, offer a more accessible, stable and enjoyable experience.

I hope that Project Cars can fulfill it's potential though and I will continue to follow progress through patches and DLC

KK78
03-09-2015, 13:09
@Xsom I share a lot of your views, I feel the game itself with no extra content would be enough to keep me coming back for a long time, my point however is that bugs, glitches and general unreliable nature of some aspects of it are already starting to limit my replay value and this saddens me. With over 100 hours of playtime to date I certainly cannot complain about value but I can say I won't readily jump into the next sequel until a long time after release- many games today are offering long term reasons to stay on board, that is where the additional revenue & 'loyalty' is but you gotta work for it, openly and consistently.

mantukas334
03-09-2015, 13:22
first wait and see in what state forza comes out :D

xsomnivmx
03-09-2015, 13:23
@Xsom I share a lot of your views, I feel the game itself with no extra content would be enough to keep me coming back for a long time, my point however is that bugs, glitches and general unreliable nature of some aspects of it are already starting to limit my replay value and this saddens me. With over 100 hours of playtime to date I certainly cannot complain about value but I can say I won't readily jump into the next sequel until a long time after release- many games today are offering long term reasons to stay on board, that is where the additional revenue & 'loyalty' is but you gotta work for it, openly and consistently.

Can't argue with that one bit. Totally on your side.
I'm one of the lucky ones, at least for xbox circumstances. No mayor mayor bugs. Only the "normal" soundglitches and here and there some invisible walls on the track. And corrupted save games... that sucked the most.
Before 3.0 i put pcars back in the box for nearly 2 weeks, now with 3.0 everything seems to run fine and i'm happy again. Wouldn't this be the case, i simply would buy forza6 and go on with my life. Maybe i'll buy it still, just to play both. Or my save file will kill itself again and i give up. But i wasn't to impressed with the f6 demo - and the news that even in f6 qualifying and long raced won't be a thing. Thats what keeps my with pcars. And they can "keep me loyal" by fixing the minor stuff thats relevant for me and by putting out nice dlcs more than having a chat with the devs.
But.. would i preorder Pcars2? No way. That ship's sailed.

KK78
03-09-2015, 13:25
Gotta agree too about Forza 6, having payed the demo a bit I'm still very much undecided.

xsomnivmx
03-09-2015, 13:38
Gotta agree too about Forza 6, having payed the demo a bit I'm still very much undecided.

Yeah for me it's a bit... do i want good features that are a bit buggy sometimes (pcars) or do i want a game that doesn't have all the features i like (different tires, chaning weather/daytime, ...) but is a known good in terms of stability and design (ignoring F5) and has some tracks and cars i miss in pcars. Both are far from "the perfect i will only ever play this for the rest of my life" game. It's simply a trade off. And right now, after playing the Demo, F6 looked solid, but a bit boring. So, i'll guess i wait till more reviews, let's plays and so on are available after release and see what it really offers. And... we don't know if it will run proper and bug free. I just assume it, based on F2-4. But.. in this day and age, that's by far not a given. Even for 1. party exclusives.. Halo MCC anyone? ;)

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 14:04
SMS aren't totally breaking the mold on consoles, don't forget ToCa franchise from Codies, any bloke around my age into gaming that i talk to about PCars the 'ToCA 1-2 and race driver pops up.
PCars can be that, it can be on consoles the next gen ToCA games, Race Driver was its pinnacle but then Codies kept alot of the fan base onto Grid 1-2 etc etc.

Look Codies sold a BTCC add on DLC for 12....and people lapped it up..... All SMS have to do is keep this game the opposite to Forza and GT and add stuff like BTCC and it will happily sit there on same shelf as Forza / GT as its different enough...

The path has been done by Codemasters its not totally new ground, if it goes pear shaped its SMS's fault not gamers fault, LOADS of people wer crying out for a ToCa Style game for ages, the best we got was more from Codemasters but they were pretty poor really...But now we have it, in PCars...SMS pressure is on, don't let this franchise die or take it away from the grass roots racing feel it has.

Megalomanic87
03-09-2015, 14:20
I too, am undecided.

Forza 6 plays well but it's not quite the racer i want it to be.
Pcars is the racing game i want to play but it's pretty broken...

Pink_650S
03-09-2015, 14:26
, i got it all covered....see...oh and if GT7 is great with no 'standard cars', i'm all over that also.. simple isn't it..

The hypocrisy is real :D

GT is utter garbage, a kids game compared to PCars. Souless tripe for children who think its "real driving" oh and need I mention 'standard cars' lol

Gran Turdrismo is a painfully dull game, PCars walks all over it, its an arcade car collecting game.

How so? Please explain? You banged on about GT5 in comparison to PCars and i am pointing out that it is to me a garbage franchise and PCars has more soul and visceral feeling than Gran Turdrismo...after all we are on the official PCars forum last time i checked? Why cant you cope with me saying that about GT?GT is like a Japanese car, does everything it should, gets you from a to b, but with no soul......PCars on the other hand is an Alfa Romeo... bits WILL drop off it and it will spend more time at the garage.....but it has soul

CHEN255
03-09-2015, 14:33
Forza 6 plays well but it's not quite the racer i want it to be.
Pcars is the racing game i want to play but it's pretty broken...
With these two sentences you have described my feelings exactly. I owned all the Forzas on X360 and they never failed to deliver a stable, playable and enjoyable experience. But PCars brings features to the table that no other offers on consoles and that's why it's so frustrating that it is a somewhat broken offering. It has certainly cured me of any preordering fever I had, never again. It's a shame to have to say that with this game I think SMSs reach exceeds their grasp.

CopperySinger5
03-09-2015, 14:38
SMS aren't totally breaking the mold on consoles, don't forget ToCa franchise from Codies, any bloke around my age into gaming that i talk to about PCars the 'ToCA 1-2 and race driver pops up.
PCars can be that, it can be on consoles the next gen ToCA games, Race Driver was its pinnacle but then Codies kept alot of the fan base onto Grid 1-2 etc etc.

Look Codies sold a BTCC add on DLC for 12....and people lapped it up..... All SMS have to do is keep this game the opposite to Forza and GT and add stuff like BTCC and it will happily sit there on same shelf as Forza / GT as its different enough...

The path has been done by Codemasters its not totally new ground, if it goes pear shaped its SMS's fault not gamers fault, LOADS of people wer crying out for a ToCa Style game for ages, the best we got was more from Codemasters but they were pretty poor really...But now we have it, in PCars...SMS pressure is on, don't let this franchise die or take it away from the grass roots racing feel it has.

I find things hard to believe coming from someone who thinks Elvis is still alive and Bill Gates is still managing MS. haha

bobbylion you are all over the place with your ideas. so which is It? either you like pcars or not? since you want to slander them by convincing people they lied about the patch being still at ms.

Pink_650S
03-09-2015, 14:42
I find things hard to believe coming from someone who thinks Elvis is still alive and Bill Gates is still managing MS. haha

bobbylion you are all over the place with your ideas. gt and pcars is apples and oranges

Hes an obvious troll, not worth taken seriously.
Changes his opinion everytime, only to disagree with people and to provoke them.
A week ago he hated the GT franchise, calling it garbage, a joke, a kids game, etc,
Today he would buy a GT game. Lol

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 14:43
The hypocrisy is real :D

GT 7 isn't out yet and may change my mind.... I was comenting on previous available GT games.... try again child..

Sankyo
03-09-2015, 14:45
Any personal attacks or name calling will result in immediate thread closure.

bobbylion

bobbylion you are all over the place with your ideas. so which is It? either you like pcars or not? since you want to slander them by convincing people they lied about the patch being still at ms.

Be careful there, please show where i accused SMS of holding back anything?

PM me your email or mobile and we can chat away from the forum....

Pink_650S
GT 7 isn't out yet and may change my mind.... I was comenting on previous available GT games.... try again child..

Cute :D

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 14:46
Changes his opinion everytime, only to disagree with people and to provoke them.
A week ago he hated the GT franchise, calling it garbage, a joke, a kids game, etc,

No i would wait to see how GT7 was then if i wanted it i'd buy it, because i am a person who can afford to game so i don't have to rely on my Mummy or stealing or benefits......

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 14:47
Cute :D

But painfully true, i dislike previous GT games but GT 7 may just be utterly awesome, why would i stop myself from having it if it was so?

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 14:49

Where did i say Bill Gates runs MS still? I said hes worth 79 billion.... your sig quote of mine is ace...

Bkim
03-09-2015, 14:50
@OP: I would not say Pcars is a mess. At the moment it is not suitable to race endurance races with all realistic gimmicks like pitstops, flagrules etc. But for a short small field ten laps "arcadish" racing it is a great game.
At the moment i choose for consistency in games like rF2 or GSCE and Ftruck. But if i want to drool at graphics, i race the ten laps.

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 14:51
For those that don't know copperyslip5 said that Microsoft were blocking patch 3 to help Forza 6 sales....he didn't say "allegedly" he accused them of corporate fraud... evidence is with MS....

Cholton82
03-09-2015, 16:18
What a pointless thread

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 16:20

BTW way you can call me a troll all you want, but i actually come from the very unique stand point of someone who loves the game, but doesn't feel that means I can't say anything is wrong with the game, I also unashamedly will own 2 or 3 driving games if those games are both good....I know...crazy..
I regularly post up pictures in the screenshots thread and I am even loving the career part of the game, i'm having a blast, but there are some things that I don't like and I will feel free to say so...

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 16:21
What a pointless thread

So pointless you thought you'd add to it? Surely pointless threads should just be ignored?

Machinist90
03-09-2015, 16:22
I'm trying to make the best of it,I do have fun with pcars but not (yet) the way I'd 100% like,we'll see what future features they bring

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 16:30
What a pointless thread

What someone could take from the OP is the fact that maybe some of the people who purchased this game are needing a little nudge to get them back into it, some people need that in gaming...
I'm not one of them but can understand how people can drift away from something, so what you do then is see what you can do thats simple an easy to get be involved..

So for example SMS used Ben Collins and Nic Hamilton, so where is the "beat the racing stars lap times" , pick a track they do a few laps, pick the best one and 'we' try to beat it.... hell this is 2015 if they are too busy just pretend its them doing the times (looking at you Turn 10..'allegedly')

Anyway i for one can't believe we haven't had a "beat the devs time" "Beat Ian's time at Cadwell" etc....so for that OP needs to be listened to because although hes not everyone, he is someone..and hes saying he's getting a bit bored..

fideco
03-09-2015, 16:32
I'm very confident that the development team will address all issues.
Probably it will take a few months.
Do not forget that Project Cars is the only simulation on both PC and PS4.
I think it's second only to Rfactor 2 that has a better AI.
But the devs are very active and certainly they will do their best with continuous patches and new dlc.
I own the game both on PC and PS4 and i'm really enjoying it.

Cholton82
03-09-2015, 16:37
I can't understand and I must be very lucky because when is see people saying this is the most bug ridden game I think I must be playing a different game ! I'm going to start a timer next time I'm on and stop the clock after the first bug I come across , I reckon I've come across one since 3.0 and I think I've played a fair few hours since then .

Megalomanic87
03-09-2015, 16:44
I can't understand and I must be very lucky because when is see people saying this is the most bug ridden game I think I must be playing a different game ! I'm going to start a timer next time I'm on and stop the clock after the first bug I come across , I reckon I've come across one since 3.0 and I think I've played a fair few hours since then .

Perhaps that's because you're on PS4? Not sure how the versions differ but it's certainly not working on Xbox.

xsomnivmx
03-09-2015, 16:52
Perhaps that's because you're on PS4? Not sure how the versions differ but it's certainly not working on Xbox.

Nah.. It's not working for some people on xbox. For others, including me, it's working fine. Well ok, before 3.0 there were a couple of rough edges even for me, but, if you compare it to halo MCC oder Battlefield 4 launch, it was fine. And now, with 3.0 it's a proper game.
The interesting thing is.. why is this the case. How can a game on one hardware platform suck for some people and crash all the time, while others having minor issues at most. I really would like to know, if there are other games out there with the same problem. I mean... Halo MCC after the first patches worked fine for me, while half the forums/subs where still screaming bloody murder.. So.. maybe there are different internals in die xboxes and i'm lucky? I really don't know.

KK78
03-09-2015, 17:05

Sadly not, sure recent patches have fixed a lot (whether that is a sad indictment that it needed so much fixing is another argument) but I still find now issues on PS4. Since 3.0 I've still got issues with dodgy track limits, time trials times not recording, dodgy community events, the infuriating trophy issues, unreliable online racing (glitches, crashes and just weird stuff) 1 game crash in an Endurance race after 40 mins, broken 'Driver network profile' information, set-ups not saving, pit stop glitches (although this area is much better) and a number of bizarre little issues like opponents not pitting, tire irregularities in different cars and of course the sporadically crazy Ai.

Hell when I read that back I'm surprised I'm still playing :confused:

bobbylion
03-09-2015, 17:32

I'm the same, but what i won't do is just assume everyone with bugs is either lying or "must be your set up mate", its laughable though that this seed hs spread on this forum that only xbox 1 suffers... truly if you go to GTplanet for one you will see some people have alot of problems some don't have many at all, but its over both platforms and even PC isn't perfect...

My xbox version so far is well ace, i love it, few issues i get i just quit race or turn off and on again (that classic)...But i do believe others when they say they have issues.

Can i ask though, in all honestly, have you NEVER had the sky flicker dark / light or seen white flashes on cars? Because even PC are reporting those..
And one more thing, how the hell could we be on patch 3 if there was no issues?

CopperySinger5
03-09-2015, 17:45
I'm very confident that the development team will address all issues.
Probably it will take a few months.
Do not forget that Project Cars is the only simulation on both PC and PS4.
I think it's second only to Rfactor 2 that has a better AI.
But the devs are very active and certainly they will do their best with continuous patches and new dlc.
I own the game both on PC and PS4 and i'm really enjoying it.

Give it a few months??? That's exactly what they said a few months ago.

They should start bringing in some serious DLC because when I first got the game, I thought it had only a handful of cars and tracks, but then I assumed that there was going to be a season pass or a massive amount of DLC coming quickly. Boy was I wrong, It is three months down and not much in addition imo.

Soon Pcars 2 will be out right? Kinda makes me feel that this is sort of an intro to the real game. Sorry but I don't get down with that.

I have seen some games spoon feed content until the end then just when it starts to get good, Bam!!! sequel.

Sampo
03-09-2015, 18:09

Remember that august is the holiday month. I'm sure we will be seeing much more interaction again.

SpeedFreakDTM
03-09-2015, 18:20
I have BF4 and it's one of my favourites though I purchased it almost a year after release once it had been through numerous patches to fix its issues. I'm not sure that PCars is fixable though.
As for F12015, no way would I buy it due to its bugs and missing features. Codemasters F1 Titles have had there issues (not all though)but PCars is the worst.

Codemasters don't support a game for 2 years.

They just take your money, laugh and copy n paste into a new folder called 2016, or Grid 3rd time lucky.

maurice-pascale
03-09-2015, 18:24
The ps4 version is also full with bugs, there is no difference which platform you play on......and it is no excuse for bugs, to say this game is multi platform....all other games are also multi platform, this is nothing new........and a simulator is no "hardest game to develope" thing.....sometimes some people overstate it with excuses for the bugs in-game.....

Rayge
03-09-2015, 18:58
Yeah. I've gotten kind of tired of it as well. I've decided to play Assetto Corsa more on PC and have really been enjoying it more than I have this game. The selection of cars is fewer, but I prefer their selection over what's being offered here. Yeah it's more barebones, but the feeling I get driving cars in that game just feels better and I get less glitches. Also, the modding teams that most these guys get their models from anyways do a fantastic job. I'm actually looking forward to the console release of the game because it's going to make the PC version that much better by offering a more streamlined UI and a more robust experience.... along with more cars and tracks.

Cholton82
03-09-2015, 19:38
I'm the same, but what i won't do is just assume everyone with bugs is either lying or "must be your set up mate", its laughable though that this seed hs spread on this forum that only xbox 1 suffers... truly if you go to GTplanet for one you will see some people have alot of problems some don't have many at all, but its over both platforms and even PC isn't perfect...

My xbox version so far is well ace, i love it, few issues i get i just quit race or turn off and on again (that classic)...But i do believe others when they say they have issues.

Can i ask though, in all honestly, have you NEVER had the sky flicker dark / light or seen white flashes on cars? Because even PC are reporting those..
And one more thing, how the hell could we be on patch 3 if there was no issues?

I've never seen the sky flicker dark/light and never had white flashes on cars , the only issue I had was invisible walls which would total your car and loss of ffb between sessions but that was pre 3.0 . Been fine since .
I never said there are no issues and we are obviously on patch 3.0 in order to address the known bugs and patch in extra content . What I was saying is that I can play with confidence now and if I do suffer a bug its kind of a surprise .

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 19:43
the bugs are very minimum on ps4. Im not even sure what you guys are talking about half the time. The 360 does issues the ps4 does not just read a little. I dont play single player or collect trophies so those I cant speak too but multiplayer online play is great. Im online every night with my group and we rarely have any issues but when we do they are the known issues. I have had blue screen crash three times, three or four invisible walls, ffb not working once(prob my fault) and the grind that pops up in wheel 3 times all since 3.0. Thats nothing in my opinion(perspective). You couldn't even race on forza 4 online the first 3 months. Track limits are fine and no issues since 3.0 (stay on track). Pits work perfect, actually the workaround before 3.0 made them work just fine. We race every night with ai and do alot of endurance with them and they drive and pit correctly on every track we have ran. Just don't go over 4x wear on tires. Setups always save if you are in solo and multiplayer (only two areas I tune in).

Quite a few of the guys I race with had alot of issues before 2.5 or 3.0 but no one is ever complaining any more. Sometimes we get the invisible wall and we all seem to have to calibrate our wheels every time after 3.0 but everything else has been great. Games been out what, 5 months and they have come this far and still working on it. Fantastic driving experience. I dont collect things in games or do the events so Im not sure about those but just for good online racing its wonderful. I do see that single player has some issues but I haven't ventured down that road to have to deal with any of it. I only ran time trial once but all my friends ghosts where there and raceable and my times saved fine if I stayed within track limits. Will start to use this feature more, wished it saved your fastest time no matter if was time trial or not but that's ok.

Forgot: the lag when players enter game and track is on ps4 but cant happen in a race where it counts so no big deal, although annoying when your in mid corner in qualification on a good lap but its still mostly manageable.

wraithsrike
03-09-2015, 20:02
the bugs are very minimum on ps4. Im not even sure what you guys are talking about half the time. The 360 does issues the ps4 does not just read a little. I dont play single player or collect trophies so those I cant speak too but multiplayer online play is great. Im online every night with my group and we rarely have any issues but when we do they are the known issues. I have had blue screen crash three times, three or four invisible walls, ffb not working once(prob my fault) and the grind that pops up in wheel 3 times all since 3.0. Thats nothing in my opinion(perspective). You couldn't even race on forza 4 online the first 3 months. Track limits are fine and no issues since 3.0 (stay on track). Pits work perfect, actually the workaround before 3.0 made them work just fine. We race every night with ai and do alot of endurance with them and they drive and pit correctly on every track we have ran. Just don't go over 4x wear on tires. Setups always save if you are in solo and multiplayer (only two areas I tune in). Quite a few of the guys I race with had alot of issues before 2.5 or 3.0 but no one is ever complaining any more. Sometimes we get the invisible wall and we all seem to have to calibrate our wheels every time after 3.0 but everything else has been great. Games been out what, 5 months and they have come this far and still working on it. Fantastic driving experience. I dont collect things in games or do the events so Im not sure about those but just for good online racing its wonderful. I do see that single player has some issues but I haven't ventured down that road to have to deal with any of it. I only ran time trial once but all my friends ghosts where there and raceable and my times saved fine if I stayed within track limits. Will start to use this feature more, wished it saved your fastest time no matter if was time trial or not but that's ok.

Forgot: the lag when players enter game and track is on ps4 but cant happen in a race where it counts so no big deal, although annoying when your in mid corner in qualification on a good lap but its still mostly manageable.

Paragraph, nobody likes reading a wall of words.

The PS4 has just as many issues as the Xbox, just look in the ps4 section or on GT planet, I had a friend who played on the PS4 and returned his copy a month after release because it was so full of bugs.

As for the flashing sky I get it a lot or should I say use to up until patch 3.0 since that patch I've not even been able to play because of the game now crashing to dash.

I remember being around my mates house playing PCar's on his Playstation commenting about the flashing sky and flying cars in career mode.

PS4 is just as bug ridden as the Xbone.

KK78
03-09-2015, 20:05
the bugs are very minimum on ps4. Im not even sure what you guys are talking about half the time. I dont play single player or collect trophies so those I cant speak too but multiplayer online play is great.

So you play only a portion of the game but claim issues are minimal, with respect you are not gonna experience as many issues if you only play one segment of the game.

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 20:12
So you play only a portion of the game but claim issues are minimal, with respect you are not gonna experience as many issues if you only play one segment of the game.

i did not comment on the parts I do not play and specifically told you what parts I do not play and that I couldn't comment on those. The parts I do comment on are the parts that I can back up by experience. Many of those parts are areas that some say have issues that I do not. It shouldn't have been that hard to understand.

wraith not talking about a month after release, talking about now

KK78
03-09-2015, 20:21
It shouldn't have been that hard to understand.

Here's an idea then, don't start posts with claims like 'the bugs are very minimum on ps4'

As someone said before, a game with no bugs wouldn't have already had 3 patches, nor would it have a forum brimming with people still reporting & finding issues.

wraithsrike
03-09-2015, 20:27
i did not comment on the parts I do not play and specifically told you what parts I do not play and that I couldn't comment on those. The parts I do comment on are the parts that I can back up by experience. Many of those parts are areas that some say have issues that I do not. It shouldn't have been that hard to understand.

wraith not talking about a month after release, talking about now

The PS4 players in the ps4 section and on GT planet are also talking about now ;-)

CopperySinger5
03-09-2015, 20:31
The only problem with project CARS on my ps4 is I don't have enough exciting DLC content. Currently, there are no bugs that I can think of that would hinder me from playing Pcars or dull my experience.

People say that ps4 has just as many problems as XBO1, then I say what are you XBOX1 players complaining about? huh?

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 20:34
again, are we talking about now or when the game came out. did you even read what I wrote?

you say ai doesnt work correctly and dont pit - wrong they do
you say strategies dont save - they do everytime
you say track limits are a mess - they are not but i would of agreed prior to 3.0
you say unreliable online racing - what is unreliable besides the known issue which is exactly what I wrote

so im not sure if you have played game since 3.0 because you playing the broken record of months ago.

Here's an idea then, don't start posts with claims like "the game is broken on ps4" Ill tell you what though. Come join our room tonight, we will all be there to witness to the track limit issues, the ai not pitting, the pits not working, strategies not working and thats if we can even get online because of all the online issues you talk about. Then tomorrow we can all come in here and validate all the issues you having PS4 and then it will be end of story, games broke everyone go home. we will even record it so you will actually have some evidence other than vague issues you seem to have that you show no proof.

But I see whats really going on in this thread, troll away

before I forget PSN: Fight-Test

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 20:36
The PS4 players in the ps4 section and on GT planet are also talking about now ;-)

guys talking about it on GT planet is your proof? some deep research you put into this.

marcdxn
03-09-2015, 20:41
So much console talk in this thread if you are going to sell up and move to something then get into PC gaming because its never been as good and as accessible as it is now.
Nice desktop for when i want to be planted with my wheel and surrounded by gadgets, ITX steam box under my tv for when i want to lounge around using Steam in bigpicture as my console.

Unless you are mad on exclusive game titles... why console game anymore?

SUBGTRACER
03-09-2015, 20:46
someone above posted about minimal time they get to play the game , this is me it is a little frustrating working umpteen hours a week to come and look forward to a game of pcars only to have it blue screen or run into something invisible .

When game time is restricted this becomes frustrating at best and a little disheartening at the end of the day. I do enjoy the product but I would like a full immersive expieriance without the annoyances that follow .

Maybe the devs have decided to stay out of the forum and avoid the negative and positive posts of this forum to consentrate at the job at hand , that or they are all on holiday shaking hands says job well done after patch 3.0 .

If they are on holiday they need to come back ��

Sampo
03-09-2015, 20:48
August is the summer vacation month...

Knightfall
03-09-2015, 20:50
I'm not sure they need to alter their vacation time because of some unhappy users on the forums... They have lives and families as well, and to try and paint a portrait of fat cats glad handing each other as others suffer seems pretty lame.

For the record, if I bumped into any single one of them I would shake their hand for patch 3.0.

Umer Ahmad
03-09-2015, 20:55
Is there anything useful being discussed here or just whinging and defending?

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 20:58
someone above posted about minimal time they get to play the game , this is me it is a little frustrating working umpteen hours a week to come and look forward to a game of pcars only to have it blue screen or run into something invisible .

When game time is restricted this becomes frustrating at best and a little disheartening at the end of the day. I do enjoy the product but I would like a full immersive expieriance without the annoyances that follow .

Maybe the devs have decided to stay out of the forum and avoid the negative and positive posts of this forum to consentrate at the job at hand , that or they are all on holiday shaking hands says job well done after patch 3.0 .

If they are on holiday they need to come back ��

how often are you getting these. I play around 2-6 hours a day and have avg. a blue screen or invisible wall about every third daysince 3.0. I haven't hit a wall since two Thursdays ago and remember because it was last lap of a league race. Had a blue screen on saturday. If im playing this much with few and far between issues I can't imagine you having more than that.

KK78
03-09-2015, 21:01
again, are we talking about now or when the game came out. did you even read what I wrote?

you say ai doesnt work correctly and dont pit - wrong they do
you say strategies dont save - they do everytime
you say track limits are a mess - they are not but i would of agreed prior to 3.0
you say unreliable online racing - what is unreliable besides the known issue which is exactly what I wrote

so im not sure if you have played game since 3.0 because you playing the broken record of months ago.

Here's an idea then, don't start posts with claims like "the game is broken on ps4" Ill tell you what though. Come join our room tonight, we will all be there to witness to the track limit issues, the ai not pitting, the pits not working, strategies not working and thats if we can even get online because of all the online issues you talk about. Then tomorrow we can all come in here and validate all the issues you having PS4 and then it will be end of story, games broke everyone go home. we will even record it so you will actually have some evidence other than vague issues you seem to have that you show no proof.

But I see whats really going on in this thread, troll away

before I forget PSN: Fight-Test

Way to go off on one and completely miss the point(s);)

I'll simplify for you as you clearly don't read things properly

- I have never said the game broken on PS4, of course it is not broken but it is stupid to claim it 'has no issues'
- The track limits, pit stops, Ai not pitting issues I was referring to are in career mode which you don't play remember?
- The online issues are lobby crashes, stats in the profile not adding up and the aforementioned issue you highlighted

Coming in on the back of several pages of a thread talking generally about the issues across 3 platforms, across all modes and spouting a view about just one mode of the game on one platform and expecting people to just agree is naive to say the least.

But I'm sure you'll find a way to keep stamping your feet. And as for your offer to join your lobby that's very kind but as I said above many of the issues you are so keen to disprove are not in that mode which is probably why you don't experience them :rolleyes:

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 21:02

pretty sure this thread was never useful

lacslyer
03-09-2015, 21:11

So consumer complaints are now only considered to be whining at this point? People are bringing up legitimate issues here.

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 21:13
So consumer complaints are now only considered to be whining at this point? People are bringing up legitimate issues here.

they wouldnt have a thread dedicated to issues if that was the case. This isnt that thread

lacslyer
03-09-2015, 21:15
they wouldnt have a thread dedicated to issues if that was the case. This isnt that thread

Then you're saying people aren't allowed to discuss concerns they have with the game outside of designated threads?

Umer Ahmad
03-09-2015, 21:15

You mean like the developer vacation/holiday plans? Ok.

I'll leave it open for now and check back in the morning how it's going.

CHEN255
03-09-2015, 21:17
pretty sure this thread was never useful

Why does it have to be useful? I think it's just about having a conversation, nothing more, nothing less. Why do people like you feel the need to comment in a thread that you don't think has any value? Surely the best move is to just ignore it. The fact that we are at 9 pages already, shows it's a conversation that people want to have.
I guess this is the last we will hear from you in this thread given that it is of no value to you?

lacslyer
03-09-2015, 21:21
You mean like the developer vacation/holiday plans? Ok.

I'll leave it open for now and check back in the morning how it's going.

There's no need to be crass. But maybe you shouldn't be focusing so much on one or two posts and rather allow the legitimate conversation of peoples' concerns with the game continue to be discussed? Or maybe direct your actual concern for staying on topic to those involved rather than generalizing and insinuating that legitimate concerns aren't being discussed?

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 21:32
Alot of people read stuff like this then think that the game has all these issues. Lets take KK's post from a few pages back.

part of his post: Since 3.0 I've still got issues with dodgy track limits, time trials times not recording, dodgy community events, the infuriating trophy issues, unreliable online racing (glitches, crashes and just weird stuff) 1 game crash in an Endurance race after 40 mins, broken 'Driver network profile' information, set-ups not saving, pit stop glitches (although this area is much better) and a number of bizarre little issues like opponents not pitting, tire irregularities in different cars and of course the sporadically crazy Ai.

if someone reads this they will think that all this stuff is broken. I make a post clearing up that some of it might be(by stating which parts I don't play or referring too, unlike KK) but a number of things listed here are not. I see no mention that things are only related to single player. I see setup issues, pit stop issues, opponents not pitting, online issues, etc. I was just posting my experiences and for that I get jumped on like this is a negative only thread. so be it, whatever but i was actually just trying to set some things straight for the guys that read this and worry about these issues. that would be helping which is useful.

funny thing is you read that post by kk he thinks the game is garbage, i mean he's surprised hes still playing it, its so bad. but once his backpedaling starts he writes "And as for your offer to join your lobby that's very kind but as I said above many of the issues you are so keen to disprove are not in that mode which is probably why you don't experience them" which is basically saying the entire online works fine and we wont see any issues anyway.

pretty sure that online racing is the most used and important part of this game and then kk validates that it won't have the issues which is all I said from the start. Thats why its not useful. If its not you guys agenda then you must attack it. Again go back and read my first post.

Gravit8
03-09-2015, 21:38
Having been disappointed with Gt6 and not willing to await GT7, I was seriously considering xb1 for Forza5/6 after having spent a fair bit of time on my housemate's xb1. Then I found out about pCars on ps4 and going by the trailers and description, it's far more than I'd hoped - it's the one and only sim on console. It's not "simcade" like Forza/GT series.
Sure it's buggy, but clearly you hadn't played Battlefield 4 on console before its many fixes. Hell its come out how long ago and the graphics is still glitchy and, compared to pCars on the same console: absolutely sub-standard. You also haven't played F1 2015.
Yes pCars is bugged - but seems many "bugs" are the way it's meant to be - just that those us who aren't hardcore racing fans don't know of minute rule details. Eg some racing series don't allow refuelling - so some report it/ see it as a bug when the pit crew don't fill up the tank. Eg some have their tires cooked in 1/2 a lap after a pit stop - it's a bug, NOT their fault that they hadn't set their pit strategy which had only 1.0 bar tire pressure set in the pit menu.
I find 80% of bug complaints are like the examples I gave above. Yes there are major bugs that cause complete crashes, wheels going crazy, FFB dying etc. Some are directly pCars, some are console OS issues (yes, both consoles have them), some are wheel firmware related and some are bandwidth issues.
Not that I'm sticking up for pCars, but there's really nothing to compete with it in the horizon that I see because I want a sim. If that's not a bother to you, then yes Forza 6 is a definite contender for your money. If Forza 6 is bugged, vote with your wallet and make your complaints heard to Microsoft/Turn10.
Keep in mind the feedback from Turn 10 won't compare to SMS in their post-release support. I'd like to see the head of Turn10 involved in Forza forums lol

Yeah. You will probably never see the head of studio for turn 10 in the forums playing king of internet and smacking customers around verbally if he's SMART. Sodd off and sell it on ebay is probably not going to be their corporate response. And that's a good thing.
Come on hkraft. You know better.

lacslyer
03-09-2015, 21:38
Alot of people read stuff like this then think that the game has all these issues. Lets take KK's post from a few pages back.

part of his post: Since 3.0 I've still got issues with dodgy track limits, time trials times not recording, dodgy community events, the infuriating trophy issues, unreliable online racing (glitches, crashes and just weird stuff) 1 game crash in an Endurance race after 40 mins, broken 'Driver network profile' information, set-ups not saving, pit stop glitches (although this area is much better) and a number of bizarre little issues like opponents not pitting, tire irregularities in different cars and of course the sporadically crazy Ai.

if someone reads this they will think that all this stuff is broken. I make a post clearing up that some of it might be(by stating which parts I don't play or referring too, unlike KK) but a number of things listed here are not. I see no mention that things are only related to single player. I see setup issues, pit stop issues, opponents not pitting, online issues, etc. I was just posting my experiences and for that I get jumped on like this is a negative only thread. so be it, whatever but i was actually just trying to set some things straight for the guys that read this and worry about these issues. that would be helping which is useful.

funny thing is you read that post by kk he thinks the game is garbage, i mean he's surprised hes still playing it, its so bad. but once his backpedaling starts he writes "And as for your offer to join your lobby that's very kind but as I said above many of the issues you are so keen to disprove are not in that mode which is probably why you don't experience them" which is basically saying the entire online works fine and we wont see any issues anyway.

pretty sure that online racing is the most used and important part of this game and then kk validates that it won't have the issues which is all I said from the start. Thats why its not useful. If its not you guys agenda then you must attack it. Again go back and read my first post.

You have literally nothing supporting the part I bolded except your own perspective. Maybe that's something you should keep in mind while disregarding peoples' issues.

If you can't see how your posts come off then you shouldn't try to be a part of this conversation. I'm not even involved in the discussion but your outright disregard for peoples' issues while ignoring the fact that you likely don't even play the part of the game they may have issues with (while you state it you certainly don't abide by it) comes off extremely defensive.

I do genuinely see what you were attempting to do at first with your posts, which I have no problem with, but you quickly let yourself fall into the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" discussion with only your personal perspective as your defense. The fact that you haven't had similar issues doesn't equate to others not having them.

Gravit8
03-09-2015, 21:45
True Subgtracer it must be a nightmare to fix with the differing scenarios and random nature of the bugs. I meant bandwidth and wheel FFB issues as separate entities.
Also very true that XB1 are suffering more issues than PS4, and seems the digital copies are also having more dramas than hard copies. I've had problems but many others on PS4 (hard and digital customers) seem to have more problems than myself.
I love BF4 but on PS3 it was shit (scaling down for a weaker system?) and on Ps4 it made massive leaps forward in fixes and I think pCars has done the same in a short time, and continuing to do so.
As I said for OP and many others a car racing simcade may suffice but for the moment pCars simulation is exactly what I'm after and see no competition for it until Asetto Corsa comes out on Ps4. Considering how pCars was at release, and where it is now with 3.0, I do have high hopes for the next patch and pCars 2.
I suppose it's a trend now with all developers that can rush a release and worry about fixes with multi-gigabyte patches later on. Not a nice trend, but that's the way it is at the moment.

Why do you have high hopes? Nothing's been fixed to completion. The smallest of bugs may get addressed. Hardly any FIXED issues. And many times things claimed fixed, but not.
No feedback on pits and setups? Ever.
Theses problems are years old and been around since beginning. There's no reason to believe.
Three patches. Three strikes.

Gravit8
03-09-2015, 21:49
I still play PCars but having done 21 seasons now I tend to just dip in and out of it as extended plays tend to come with bugs and dodgy trophies. I've gone back to Driveclub which although a different kind of racer is still getting a wealth of updates, additional content and features and is also tangibly competitive because the game is reliable - I find this frustrating in PCars because so many tracks and the racers in them are dodgy- either by relying on random track limits, glitches or just straight out cheating, in short it doesn't feel like much of a community to me.

More Driveclub, maybe Forza and Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa for me if they meet expectations.

True that. No community, the only serious direction it's headed in is broken. True enough. This is why it's niche. Doesn't have to be.

CHEN255
03-09-2015, 22:02
"pretty sure that online racing is the most used and important part of this game"

I'm pretty sure it's not. Saw some figures somewhere that show most play SP offline but can't remember where. I don't do online racing so personally the most important part of the game to me is SP offline.

Linus27
03-09-2015, 22:10
"pretty sure that online racing is the most used and important part of this game"

I'm pretty sure it's not. Saw some figures somewhere that show most play SP offline but can't remember where. I don't do online racing so personally the most important part of the game to me is SP offline.

Yep, I remember seeing figures that showed offline was the biggest use. I also only play SP offline, not only in Pcars but in most games.

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 22:16
You have literally nothing supporting the part I bolded except your own perspective. Maybe that's something you should keep in mind while disregarding peoples' issues.

If you can't see how your posts come off then you shouldn't try to be a part of this conversation. I'm not even involved in the discussion but your outright disregard for peoples' issues while ignoring the fact that you likely don't even play the part of the game they may have issues with (while you state it you certainly don't abide by it) comes off extremely defensive.

I do genuinely see what you were attempting to do at first with your posts, which I have no problem with, but you quickly let yourself fall into the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" discussion with only your personal perspective as your defense. The fact that you haven't had similar issues doesn't equate to others not having them.

The bolded part is derived from the previous generation of consoles racing games. These number are available to the public. Don't see how that disregarded anyone. Nice spin though.

As to the rest, go read my post again and u see that I clearly stated what issues and where they are. Kks post reponding to me basically said because I don't play all the parts my opinion isn't valid. That's a joke. I was and am only willing to back up what I said the parts I spoke to in my first post. The entire rest of game could be broke. That's why i didn't speak to them. I don't see where you guys are getting so confused. Where did I disregard anyones issues? By not playng single player?

All I did was give a construction account from the parts of game I play which I stated what they are and what I get in return is my opinion isn't good because I don't play parts of the game, which is exactly what I said in first post. Which if u remember kk ended up agreeing that these issues don't happen in multiplayer which is what I said to begin with. So what are we doing here?

This is so pointless

Gravit8
03-09-2015, 22:22
So much console talk in this thread if you are going to sell up and move to something then get into PC gaming because its never been as good and as accessible as it is now.
Nice desktop for when i want to be planted with my wheel and surrounded by gadgets, ITX steam box under my tv for when i want to lounge around using Steam in bigpicture as my console.

Unless you are mad on exclusive game titles... why console game anymore?

Simple. Half the initial cost and twice as easy. Blu-ray. But I hear you. The landscape is changing. Bad ports will do that. And I have owned bad PC ports. Assassins creed. Black flag comes to mind. Horrible positional audio codec and poor environmental movement made it unplayable.

BLU-RAY-killer audio
Uncharted. (Naughty dog)
Halo
Little big planet
Gears of wAr
Destiny
Forza
Ratchet and clank. (Insomniac)
Metal gear. (KoJima)
Sly cooper
Mod nation racers
Oh yeah. Almost forgot Gran Turismo.

There's probably a few more exclusives I'm missing ;) not to mention Nintendo. :barbershop_quartet_

Sony and Microsoft have cash to pay their developers

Sasquatch
03-09-2015, 22:26
I've read this thread for a bit. Surprised about one thing. This thread isn't closed yet?

I'm going to go back to enjoying my evening playing MGSV now. 'Cause you know, I can play multiple games without making a critical decision of just one game.

KK78
03-09-2015, 22:31
T

This is so pointless

But on and on and on and on and on you keep going, tying to build a monumentous argument with a grain of salt. You call me out, I explain how you missed the point, you spend several posts talking about me and not to me, clearly dodging my response directly, twisting words and claiming you never meant to start an argument with some linear, self important 'well it all works for me, except I don't play all of it' line in the first.

You know what mate if the game is perfect for you then bravo but there is evidence aplenty to say it is not all rosy for others so well done you neither proved nor contributed anything.

Keep on twisting, I shall not be responding to you again.

Gravit8
03-09-2015, 22:32

Accurate. Multiplayer doesn't matter if it doesn't have a structure beyond what players provide.
Leagues are a pain in the ass and require a long term commitment. Not ideal.

Gravit8
03-09-2015, 22:34
But on and on and on and on and on you keep going, tying to build a monumentous argument with a grain of salt. You call me out, I explain how you missed the point, you spend several posts talking about me and not to me, clearly dodging my response directly, twisting words and claiming you never meant to start an argument with some linear, self important 'well it all works for me, except I don't play all of it' line in the first.

You know what mate if the game is perfect for you then bravo but there is evidence aplenty to say it is not all rosy for others so well done you neither proved nor contributed anything.

Keep on twisting, I shall not be responding to you again.

If it turns into enough bickering and whining between two individuals. They can close the thread. So good not to be caught up in it.
Cheers

321Respawn
03-09-2015, 22:37
You sir are shirking your responsibility to bicker and whine . I dare you to confront me on this matter .

Gravit8
03-09-2015, 22:37
Yep, I remember seeing figures that showed offline was the biggest use. I also only play SP offline, not only in Pcars but in most games.

Yup. There's a staggering amount of consoles that never even get connected to the internet.

lacslyer
03-09-2015, 22:38
The bolded part is derived from the previous generation of consoles racing games. These number are available to the public. Don't see how that disregarded anyone. Nice spin though.

As to the rest, go read my post again and u see that I clearly stated what issues and where they are. Kks post reponding to me basically said because I don't play all the parts my opinion isn't valid. That's a joke. I was and am only willing to back up what I said the parts I spoke to in my first post. The entire rest of game could be broke. That's why i didn't speak to them. I don't see where you guys are getting so confused. Where did I disregard anyones issues? By not playng single player?

All I did was give a construction account from the parts of game I play which I stated what they are and what I get in return is my opinion isn't good because I don't play parts of the game, which is exactly what I said in first post. Which if u remember kk ended up agreeing that these issues don't happen in multiplayer which is what I said to begin with. So what are we doing here?

This is so pointless

I'm honestly not attempting to spin anything, but simply point out that the views you have aren't shared with others because you lack their perspective (i.e. you not playing career mode). I can see how you assume that examples from previous games could point to the priorities for players in this game, but that doesn't make it fact. With that, it's ignorant to assume that your perspective (regardless of what that perspective's point of view) is the one shared by the majority with nothing actually proving it. Furthermore, you're also projecting this importance onto the developers as though that's what they should focus on when it's not really your place to suggest so.

As well, you've made general statements to the game as a whole that are easily misinterpreted no matter what your stance.

Fight-Test
03-09-2015, 22:43
I find it very cute how u guys stick together. Its almost like u guys are disregarding anyone who the game works for. Haha see what I did there. Why do I feel like I'm talking the same guy with multiple screen names. U can't all have reading comprehension issues.

To any innocent bystanders to all this nonsense I'm sorry for my part in instigating any of this bs. All of this was worth nothing. Please though go and look at my all my post history and see the amount of them that are spent helping people, weather with ffb or hardware. Tips on their wheel setup. Which is all my pfirst post here was to do. Then go read the usual suspects post history from here. I think you will quickly see who is trying to help and who is just ....well u know.

Oh and if u find those number u saw that one time somewhere please post them. ;)

Hopefully uhmer comes back sooner than later to put this sad discussion out of its misery.

Good luck to guys with issues. Offer still stand s for some good bug free multiplayer racer tonight. If u guys even race.

CopperySinger5
04-09-2015, 00:11
I find it very cute how u guys stick together. Its almost like u guys are disregarding anyone who the game works for. Haha see what I did there. Why do I feel like I'm talking the same guy with multiple screen names. U can't all have reading comprehension issues.

To any innocent bystanders to all this nonsense I'm sorry for my part in instigating any of this bs. All of this was worth nothing. Please though go and look at my all my post history and see the amount of them that are spent helping people, weather with ffb or hardware. Tips on their wheel setup. Which is all my pfirst post here was to do. Then go read the usual suspects post history from here. I think you will quickly see who is trying to help and who is just ....well u know.

Oh and if u find those number u saw that one time somewhere please post them. ;)

Hopefully uhmer comes back sooner than later to put this sad discussion out of its misery.

Good luck to guys with issues. Offer still stand s for some good bug free multiplayer racer tonight. If u guys even race.

hey I just sent you an invite. Lykan Hypersport at Nordschleife

Gravit8
04-09-2015, 00:18
hey I just sent you an invite. Lykan Hypersport at Nordschleife

You can not close this thread regardless of how this plays out. These two or more must race. And I must read about it.
Fair play though. Each of you should choose a course. Or the other should get car choice.

I'll throw my hat in for a choice. ;)

So what if this thread becomes a mess. It's in the title. Read at your own risk.

Umer Ahmad
04-09-2015, 01:10
Monitoring from sidelines

hkraft300
04-09-2015, 01:41
Yes! Since we can't have a duel to the death to settle an argument, an online pCars track battle it shall be!
In all seriousness nothing settles an argument better and faster than a Neanderthal contest between real men. To the victor go the spoils of many internet points!
Pity our society is too PC (politically correct) these days.
Either way. If you're having a lot of issues with the game maybe give your PS4 some TLC and check out your wifi for any issues.
If you're experiencing problems- a thread like this full of conversation is useless and reduces itself to bitching and moaning. Instead, try fixing, contributing to a fix, or discuss solutions. Like men.

GamingCanuck
04-09-2015, 02:07
Half the initial cost

I bought my XB1 when it first came out, I got one extra controller, 12 month Xbox live sub and two games. It cost me almost $1000 CAD. If that's half, then for $2000 you can have a beast of a PC that wouldn't need to be upgraded for 4+ years then add in all the sales, you're saving hundreds if not thousands by gaming on PC.

4690k Maximus VII Hero bundle - 559.99 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/ncix-bundle-deal-asus-maximus-da-99321-1021.htm)
29IN IPS LED - 349.98 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/lg-29um57-p-29in-ultrawide-ips-2d-106426-1021.htm)
GTX 970 - 439.99 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-970-ssc-c3-104474-1021.htm)
Samsung 850 SSD - 134.99 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/samsung-850-evo-series-mz-75e250b-am-17-104175-1021.htm)
Corsair Raptor M45 - 65 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/corsair-raptor-m45-optical-gaming-93-94127-1021.htm)
Corsair K70 - 134.99 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/corsair-gaming-k70-mechanical-gaming-d9-104051-1021.htm)
WD 500GB - 67.99 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/western-digital-caviar-blue-1tb-87-74462-1493.htm)
Corsair 16GB RAM - 129.99 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/corsair-vengeance-pro-gold-16gb-b7-90954-1021.htm)
Corsair H80I - 119.99 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/corsair-cooling-hydro-series-h80i-d8-104790-1932.htm)
Blu-Ray Reader - 72.99 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-bc-12b1st-internal-12x-blu-ray-8b-64648-1021.htm)
Windows 10 Pro - 184.99 (http://www.ncix.com/detail/microsoft-windows-10-pro-64bit-73-110482-1021.htm)

Grand total = $2,260.89CAD or $1712.15 USD(thanks to the Canadian dollar being in the trash right now, yay recession). You could even save a few hundred dollars by getting a smaller monitor, a cheaper keyboard and W10 Home. I also didn't use PC part picker so I'm sure there's better deals out there.

But, console gaming is easy and some of the exclusives make me want to actually play on them. However, the argument that PC gaming is super duper expensive just isn't true anymore.

Edit - And of course I forgot the most important thing, the case. So, add another $100.

NZXT Source 340 ATX (http://www.ncix.com/detail/nzxt-source-340-atx-steel-ad-100441.htm)

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 06:19
Why don't they have a "beat Ben Collins lap time", "beat Nic Hamiltons lap time"... so so simple to do, gets gamers involved who want to be involved. Even youtube them doing the laps... Do SMS mot have anyone working in this role or are they so used to the 80,000 WMD members doing all the marketing for $5.

hkraft300
04-09-2015, 07:04
Why don't they have a "beat Ben Collins lap time", "beat Nic Hamiltons lap time"... so so simple to do, gets gamers involved who want to be involved. Even youtube them doing the laps... Do SMS mot have anyone working in this role or are they so used to the 80,000 WMD members doing all the marketing for $5.

Surprisingly that's a decent idea: "beat Ben Collins/Nic Hamilton's lap time" should be in the feature suggestion thread if it isn't already there.

But instead of contributing to the improvement of this game/ solve problems for this game community, you continue to just bitch moan and generally talk nonsensical inflammatory and condescending bullshit.

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 07:47
Surprisingly that's a decent idea: "beat Ben Collins/Nic Hamilton's lap time" should be in the feature suggestion thread if it isn't already there.

But instead of contributing to the improvement of this game/ solve problems for this game community, you continue to just bitch moan and generally talk nonsensical inflammatory and condescending bullshit.

Wow, not swore and insulted anyone like that though.... well done, feel like your a hard man now on the internet?

Bealdor
04-09-2015, 07:49
Keep the discussion non personal please.

hkraft300
04-09-2015, 10:01
Eel with it, Bealdor!

Sankyo
04-09-2015, 10:28
Eel with it, Bealdor!
If he eels with it, threads will be locked and people may get banned. Not sure if that's what we want? ;)

hkraft300
04-09-2015, 10:52
If he eels with it, threads will be locked and people may get banned. Not sure if that's what we want? ;)

Well, you know... don't wanna tell a man how to do his job or anything ;)
But point taken.

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 11:54
How some people can evade infractions for swearing and abuse and others not is really good example to set..

Knightfall
04-09-2015, 11:56
How some people can evade infractions for swearing and abuse and others not is really good example to set..

They have evade +1 innate ability, but also the belt of quickness, which gives +2 evade.

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 11:57

9 times out of 10 i find that in life if someone says your being condescending your actually not, its just that the person your talking to is thick as pig poo.

Bealdor
04-09-2015, 12:00
Aaaaaaaaaannd that's enough now.

Closed