PDA

View Full Version : Private Online Lobby Issues since Patch 3.0

PROPERBOri5JAKE
03-09-2015, 11:48
Hi all,

Is it just me or is anyone else suffering with private online lobbies?

We had our GT3 race at Monaco on Monday night and had to postpone due to people constantly being dropped from the lobby.

My connection is hardwired and i am running at 70d/l and 85 u/l. We are now 11 races into the season and not had these issues until Monday.

Inviting people to the lobby also seems to be an issue and the only way to get people into the lobby is via the 'Y' invite friends, as if you send from friends list, the invites don't seem to work.

We have a DTM race scheduled for tonight at Monaco again, i will report if we have the same issues again

If anyone has any information on this I would be very grateful!

BulletEyeDK
03-09-2015, 12:02
I think some tracks maybe have issues... im running a community, where we until now have had 11 races, approx. one each week.

Grid size have been varied from 5-11 and since we started using party chat, we've succesfully been able to finish each race without any problems... one time we had similar problems like you, this was on Spa - so we simply made an alternative race at another track, which went fine.

We have not tried with in-game chat since patch 3 launched... but i guess we will have a go at that soon, since some are left out of our paty chat due to the max limit.

These tracks have been run:
Brands Hatch GP
Dubai Autodrome National
Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short
Zhuhai International Circiut
Zolder
Imola
Silverstone GP
Brno

Not been able to run:
Spa

PROPERBOri5JAKE
03-09-2015, 12:49
Hi Bullet,

I forgot to add that we have 12-15 on each week and we have also adopted the party chat system since day 1.

If tonight we do have the same issues then we will try moving onto another track.

Thanks for your reply.

If you wanted to maybe we could have an 8v8 championship battle? :cool:

donpost
03-09-2015, 16:03
Hi all,
Inviting people to the lobby also seems to be an issue and the only way to get people into the lobby is via the 'Y' invite friends, as if you send from friends list, the invites don't seem to work.

This is annoying as hell for league races. You can no longer setup a practice session before your scheduled race and have people join the lobby as and when they are ready. I raised this as an issue in the dev feedback thread. It wasn't an issue before 3.0.

HEF51
03-09-2015, 18:19
Our league has adopted skype for our chat issues. The stability problem almost seems to be from game chat. When we try game chat it will randomly drop people. Since using skype we do not have any lobby issue. I know its not the best work around but it works.

It also should be mentioned to use skype on Xbox you have to have someone start the skype call on PC to get more than 8 in a call.

OpticalHercules
03-09-2015, 22:24
I can second the stability management with Skype. Had our race #7/10 on Saturday with me hosting Skype on my PC and hosting the race through my xbox. my net is currently ~89mbps down, ~5mbps up, but that should be fixed back to 100/25 soon. We had 14 members in a roughly 90 minute session (30 minute qualifier, 33 laps Dubai GP on GT3 cars). For the first time, we had zero people D/C, crash, hang, or otherwise not be in the lobby at the end.

Only thing I don't like about using skype is when I call my xbox from my pc, it repeatedly calls me for a minute or two after I accept the first call. Don't know why, but it is what it is. Other than the initial setup issues of getting everyone's contact info and confirming all of it with contact requests, I almost prefer Skype to Live Chat. With me hosting Skype, I can always look to my other monitor to see who's talking when, who's echoing, or who just dropped out of chat unexpectedly.

And yes, the invites only from in-game Y menu is a pain in the rear. Please unscrew whatever made that happen, SMS. Doesn't seem to be any logical reason why you did that. Sure it is kind of nice to not have other people's friends randomly join a private scheduled session if someone doesn't have their friend list settings right, but it was also nice to be able to open a private practice lobby for friends to join and leave on their own schedule without having someone already in the lobby interrupt their laps to send an invite. If you were able to block Friend List game joins completely, is it possible to add a check-box option for people to either enable or disable people from joining a private lobby through friends list? There's times I would want it enabled, and times that I'd want it disabled. If you can do it one way, why can't we have it both? :)

Dynomight Motorsports
04-09-2015, 01:09
I've been using the Y invite for a while now even before the patch. Not sure how it works for people offline, but whenever I create a room, I invite all my friends online or offline, so they can join whenever they decide to check their notifications. Only problem with that is if someone gets booted, or DC'ed then they can't join back on a friend in the room.

STEELJOCKEY
04-09-2015, 06:07
Found with doing the invites my friends can't get in on the first attemp, but hitting the same invite a second time gets them in

DECATUR PLAYA
05-09-2015, 02:11
Hi all,

Is it just me or is anyone else suffering with private online lobbies?

We had our GT3 race at Monaco on Monday night and had to postpone due to people constantly being dropped from the lobby.

My connection is hardwired and i am running at 70d/l and 85 u/l. We are now 11 races into the season and not had these issues until Monday.

We have a DTM race scheduled for tonight at Monaco again, i will report if we have the same issues again

If anyone has any information on this I would be very grateful!

I know you referring to private rooms but I run a public room every night and I have been having this problem. When a friend gets booted and can't get back in we tell them to go check the server browser if the room is not showing in the browser then it's some way corrupted and that friend will not be able to get back in. We simply redo the room this workaround probably sucks for long, well organized races but it works. After you redo the room your buddy should be able to get in.

It may be the same for private rooms once the room becomes corrupted no one will be able to join. We have had buddys that kept trying and they eventually got in but this seldom works. Also one of our buddys having this problem is using clearwire internet which is internet that comes in WiFi from a tower. Basically it sucks and he has been getting booted every night. He is changing internet providers this weekend.