PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing it right?

andybell
03-09-2015, 12:15
Maybe I'm just a bit thick!

I started career mode using the Clio cup cars (kart were undriveable at the time!) and ever since I just keep doing what ever comes up in the race calendar next.

There doesn't really seem to be much continuity to it, is there another way I should be doing it?

Cheers.

flymar
03-09-2015, 12:27
What continuity do you expect? One Season is mixture of class races and invitational events (consistining usually few rounds). You end the season, accept new contract or contract extension and start new one.

andybell
03-09-2015, 12:43
Thanks. I'm just used to the other racing games I've played before where you seem to stick to one class until all races are complete. If I'm doing it right then job's a gud 'un!

Bealdor
03-09-2015, 12:44
Thanks. I'm just used to the other racing games I've played before where you seem to stick to one class until all races are complete. If I'm doing it right then job's a gud 'un!

You can skip the invitational events if you prefer to only race in your main career class.

wraithsrike
03-09-2015, 14:33
Maybe I'm just a bit thick!

I started career mode using the Clio cup cars (kart were undriveable at the time!) and ever since I just keep doing what ever comes up in the race calendar next.

There doesn't really seem to be much continuity to it, is there another way I should be doing it?

Cheers.

Yeah you doing it right buddy, career is a bit hollow if your use to games like Forza or Granturismo. Just check your contracts and pick a class that suits you, once you hit LMP1s your career as its called is preety much dead it's just a case of picking up random contacts and any invitations you want to do or redo.

OpticalHercules
03-09-2015, 14:49
^^^ Absolutely Right.

Also, once you get an invitational race, that race will be available to you every year from that point on. Doesn't matter if you complete it or not, you can always go it the next year. I made a big effort to do invitationals my first time through this game's career mode, but after losing my saves so many times I just skip all of them to try and work my way back up the career ladder to where I want to be. I know I can always start where I want, but that doesn't appeal as much to me.

andybell
03-09-2015, 15:14
Cheers all, glad to know I'm doing it right, fingers crossed I don't have any save issues!