PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster 150 Wheel

jack1984
03-09-2015, 14:16
Yes, it is true. A new wheel from Thrustmaster which falls somewhere in between the T80 and the T300.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t150-force-feedback

Seems like an updated T100 with a better rotation angle (1080) and prettier design. Also compatible with the T3PA and T3PA-PRO pedal set, and even the TH8A shifter. Your opinions please!

wyldanimal
03-09-2015, 20:29
The Basic difference between this and the T300 is that it doesn't have the Interchangeable Wheel ECO system.
It's a fixed Wheel.
Uses the same pedal set as the T100 and T300
The Innards are probably the same as the T300's
Slightly different Shell on the base unit. Doesn't have the FAKE vent holes on the top, but has the same vent slits along the sides.

Same Button Layout as the T300

With my Past T300 experience, I personally would be leary of it..

But it is less than half the price. So How does that Make all the T300 buyers feel?
You paid $400 for a T300, and out comes the Same Unit for $170. Only difference is the Wheel is Fixed and not Interchangeable.

Makes me feel pretty Pissed. The Interchangeable Wheel isn't worth an extra $230
So I think Thrustmaster has ripped all of us T300 buyers off..

yusupov
03-09-2015, 20:36
wow. if youre right about the FFB being the same...i literally just paid $300 for a TX 458...sure i wanted the F1 rim but thats a luxury i can do without. wonder if i can still cancel the order.

Jinobi
03-09-2015, 21:07
Would the G27 pedals & shifter be able to work this this?

yusupov
03-09-2015, 21:11
the pedals work with an adapter, it doesnt cost much. dont recall who sells it but you can google it. heres some info i just found on the shifter since im wondering the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySmFxXM7mqo

Fiz45
03-09-2015, 21:15
The Basic difference between this and the T300 is that it doesn't have the Interchangeable Wheel ECO system.
It's a fixed Wheel.
Uses the same pedal set as the T100 and T300
The Innards are probably the same as the T300's
Slightly different Shell on the base unit. Doesn't have the FAKE vent holes on the top, but has the same vent slits along the sides.

Same Button Layout as the T300

With my Past T300 experience, I personally would be leary of it..

But it is less than half the price. So How does that Make all the T300 buyers feel?
You paid $400 for a T300, and out comes the Same Unit for $170. Only difference is the Wheel is Fixed and not Interchangeable.

Makes me feel pretty Pissed. The Interchangeable Wheel isn't worth an extra $230

You forget to say that the T150 is not equipped with the brushless motor, it's important enough to be emphasized.

jack1984
03-09-2015, 22:01
You forget to say that the T150 is not equipped with the brushless motor, it's important enough to be emphasized.

Indeed, the FFB is probably more comparable to the T100 than T300. On the TM website they mention that the FFB consists of a mix of a belt-pulley and gears system, not the brushless, belt driven servomotor of the T300. That is a very big difference in quality and price I guess.

imz14u2nv
03-09-2015, 22:57

Hi Fiz45,
I’m glad you pointed that out, this is exactly how people spew misinformation and get others all railed up for no good reason at all.

Skrillex
03-09-2015, 23:26
It would still be an upgrade for me just for the 1080 degree turning ratio. I bet it sells like hotcakes and ends up on back order much like the T100 was when pcars came out. I would love to pre order it if I could.

Sasquatch
04-09-2015, 12:58

Welp, it doesn't have the brushless motor. But like everything else in the electronic market, product goes cheap eventually and phases out even quicker.

Haiden
04-09-2015, 14:17

I think you should have done more than look at the pictures.

wyldanimal
04-09-2015, 18:37
I think you should have done more than look at the pictures.

Well Of Course I did my Home work..
Anyone here that has followed any of my posts know I research what I write about..

But the Site I had visited ( it's since been Updated ) had this Information on it.
I based my ("The Innards are probably the same as the T300's") and Note the use of the word Probably there, on that sites information.

So, With the Updated Information, I will retract my previous statement.

The T150 is probably similar to the T100 Innards.

Just goes to show that you can't trust early released information on the Internet.

Visit the Official Thrustmaster site for the Most current and Up to date information.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t150-force-feedback

wyldanimal
04-09-2015, 18:41
wow. if youre right about the FFB being the same...i literally just paid $300 for a TX 458...sure i wanted the F1 rim but thats a luxury i can do without. wonder if i can still cancel the order.

Seems the Information I had was not up to date.

Based on the Updated information about the T150,
I would think the FFB of the T150 is more close to the T100 than it is to the T300.

yusupov
04-09-2015, 18:43
w/e the case, this makes the g29 look even worse. logitech should be selling that for almost half of what it is..

Mr.Smoke
04-09-2015, 20:51
w/e the case, this makes the g29 look even worse. logitech should be selling that for almost half of what it is..

Surely you cant be serious....

The G29 pedals alone are worth more then this cheap TM wheel. All this likely is, is a PS4 compatible T100 with 1080 degrees which supports the TH8A and T3PA stuff.

Octane100
04-09-2015, 20:55
Surely you cant be serious....

The G29 pedals alone are worth more then this cheap TM wheel. All this likely is, is a PS4 compatible T100 with 1080 degrees which supports the TH8A and T3PA stuff.

Hear Hear , well said that man ^^^

The Thrustmaster T150 looks cheap and nasty It wont be anywhere near the G29's performance let alone build quality as it is only a slight upgrade to the T100 based on initial specs.

Spitfire77
04-09-2015, 21:08
I can't wait to see direct comparison reviews of:

G29 with it's included pedals = $400

vs

T150 with T3PAs pedals = $300

If you like leather the G29 is obviously your choice. - Pedal sets are close maybe edge out to G29 - but are those trade offs $100 better? Won't know till the T150 FFB is tested by a respected reviewer.

- And because someone asked - I still love my T300 - I believe with the pedal set it came with it should have been lower priced but oh well. It should have came with the T3PAs for $400

Liquid7394
04-09-2015, 21:08
Why are you comparing it to a G29? Two very different wheels with different target markets. The T150 has no similar competition on console, other than the T100. Comparing the T150 to a G29 is just daft, the G29 is superior because it's higher end.

Spitfire77
04-09-2015, 21:13
Why are you comparing it to a G29? Two very different wheels with different target markets. The T150 has no similar competition on console, other than the T100. Comparing the T150 to a G29 is just daft, the G29 is superior because it's higher end.

Well.. the G29 FFB may not be "higher end" the materials used seem to be though. Thrustmaster is taking a direct shot at the G29 .. that is why I am personally comparing them. Not taking a shot at anyone personally.. I just enjoy the healthy market competition.

"Mixed belt-pulley and gears system
Smoother, more fluid and less noisy than helical gears with metal ball-bearing axle (for enhanced sturdiness)"

yusupov
04-09-2015, 21:20
if i was buying a fast entry level system rig rn logitech would be out of the question bc of where theyve priced themselves. id get T150 wheel & CSR Elite pedals & still have something like $50 in savings over a G29. load cell brake and a wheel just as good or better for less....if they priced the g29 at $250 then there'd be something to talk about. at $400 its a joke...

Mr.Smoke
04-09-2015, 22:18
a wheel just as good or better for less

You sir, must be high. Better pedals, without a doubt. Better wheel, not a chance.

Spitfire77
04-09-2015, 22:41
Better depends on what part of the wheel you are talking about... The physical materials of the G29 are better, and it would also be fair to assume the G29 is more reliable - but until someone tests the T150 FFB system we wont know if the T150 or the G29 has a better FFB. The G29 FFB system is widely accepted to be equal to the last rev of the G27.

Personally taking a guess I would bet the T150 FFB is between the DFGT and the G29/27 in output force, but smoother and quieter than both.

rocafella1978
04-09-2015, 22:43
after all the wheels, friends have had and I had have had...especially Wyldanimal, almost had every single wheel out there....i must say looking at the money spent, i could have just waited, saved and gone for Fanatec CSW V2 with CSP V2 or V3 shortly after...and if I was on PC, yes I would save for sure for Direct Drive (DD) wheel setup, with HE Pro Pedals.
T80 and T100, are a joke and Thrustmaster should be ashamed of the quality and poor assembly, let alone QC...but nevertheless give the consumers a choice when $$$$ budget doesn't allow for anything else.
as for G25, G27 and G29...quaility is there! and attention to detail on assembly, at least so I think, but wished the wheels were a bit more consistent and linear, love the G27 and G29 still! not sure what is possible with mechanical gearing...
as for the T300 and T500, more linear but missing the quality and assembly IMO, if they would put leather wheel into package with proper upgraded stock T300 pedals would make Thrustmaster certainly stand out. (and advantage brushless system, minus for cooling and tech package to deal with brushless motors!)
but as of now, just a question of pers. preference, after reading all the issues with every wheel out there!!! every single one!

Spitfire77
04-09-2015, 22:55
I personally do not like leather or fake leather.. on couches, seats, knobs, women, or wheels. Never have. I am not a vegetarian or anything (nothing wrong with that either) it is just a personal preference. If I had a choice of wheels today I would avoid the G29 based on that alone - but I really do like the shift lights on the G27/29 wish thrustmaster put those on the T300s..

I also very much dislike how Thrustmaster copied the older Logitech driving force ex wheel color scheme - did not like it then, do not like it now.

Waiting for November - at that price point T150s will sell for sure - so it wont take long to find out if Thrustmaster made it reliable at all. If all they did was enable 1080 rotation on a T100 base and did not improve their QC, it is likely to be a disaster.

Skazz
05-09-2015, 21:35
after all the wheels, friends have had and I had have had...especially Wyldanimal, almost had every single wheel out there....i must say looking at the money spent, i could have just waited, saved and gone for Fanatec CSW V2 with CSP V2 or V3 shortly after...and if I was on PC, yes I would save for sure for Direct Drive (DD) wheel setup, with HE Pro Pedals.
T80 and T100, are a joke and Thrustmaster should be ashamed of the quality and poor assembly, let alone QC...but nevertheless give the consumers a choice when $$$$ budget doesn't allow for anything else.
as for G25, G27 and G29...quaility is there! and attention to detail on assembly, at least so I think, but wished the wheels were a bit more consistent and linear, love the G27 and G29 still! not sure what is possible with mechanical gearing...
as for the T300 and T500, more linear but missing the quality and assembly IMO, if they would put leather wheel into package with proper upgraded stock T300 pedals would make Thrustmaster certainly stand out. (and advantage brushless system, minus for cooling and tech package to deal with brushless motors!)
but as of now, just a question of pers. preference, after reading all the issues with every wheel out there!!! every single one!
How about alcantara?
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B0/t300-ferrari-integral-racing-wheel-alcantara-edition-thrustmaster-takes-pole-position-its-118

$470 for a T300 base, T3PA 3-pedal set and 30cm alcantara rim. Fully PS4 supported.

In terms of quality: I much prefer the T300 base to my old G25, the T3PA to my old G25 pedals, and the rim looks lovely (I obviously haven't tried it yet, since it's being released in October).

wyldanimal
06-09-2015, 01:13
How about alcantara?
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B0/t300-ferrari-integral-racing-wheel-alcantara-edition-thrustmaster-takes-pole-position-its-118

$470 for a T300 base, T3PA 3-pedal set and 30cm alcantara rim. Fully PS4 supported.

In terms of quality: I much prefer the T300 base to my old G25, the T3PA to my old G25 pedals, and the rim looks lovely (I obviously haven't tried it yet, since it's being released in October).

alcantara is an Artificial Suede type material, it is absorbent, and wears out.
Might Feel nice at first, but after months of heavy use, you might not like it all stained up and wore out looking.

Thrustmaster would be smart to Unbundle the T300.
Sell the base unit separately, and let the consumer pick the Wheel and Pedals they want.
I think a $250 price on Just the base unit would be fair.

I mean they Promote the EcoSystem, so Why don't they already have this as an option.

Maybe it will happen soon, as the TX base unit has Now be released as a separate item..
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-servo-base

Wheel manufactures have to play the market smarter than they are..

Even Logitech could have introduced the G29 and G920's with an Interchangeable Wheel set up.
I think that's the only Mistake they made with the New Wheel.
Sure I think the Price is High, but it fits in the market it's In..

The T150 fills a void for customers looking for a less expensive FFB wheel.

But there is still a huge Void in the SUB $1000 market

we need
A modular system with Good, Better, Best options..
Base Unit Selection $150, $250, $350
Multiple Wheel Selection $50, $100, $150, $200
Multiple Pedal Selection $50, $100, $200
Multiple Shifter Selection $50, $100, $200

Then you could pick and choose your Component to fit your Budget.

after how many years of Being in the Wheel MFG business, Why this hasn't been done yet??

Skrillex
06-09-2015, 01:30
@wyldanimal

Because people will buy whatever is thrown out there as is. Yes I agree it would be smart to do it the way you pointed out, but I'm sure companies like thrustmaster and Logitech think why bother?! Its not like anyone will not get wheel just because it comes all together in one package as the case has been for a good number of years now. Its probably more profitable to to sell a T300 for $400 but give it cheap pedals forcing consumers to buy upgraded pedals for another $150, a shifter for $100, and a interchangeable rim for $125. Now that $400 wheel has cost $775 which is pure profit for thrustmaster.

If thrustmaster sells the base, rim, pedals, shifter all separately they'll probably lose anywhere from $150-200 per wheel set in profits because then people could get exactly what they want for around $500-550.