PDA

View Full Version : TIRES COLOR CODE - Grey tires?

BigAlex
03-09-2015, 21:00
Hi all,

I know this probably was already covered somewhere. But the only information I got is red hot and Blues colors for tires code.

And what about a GREY tire?

After some laps mine goes from green to grey with no red in between.

Thanks in advance

regards

Umer Ahmad
03-09-2015, 21:11
Means your tyres are DYING, Get new ones.

It is a "wear" or usage indicator. Like the battery picture on your mobile phone which i bet is showing less than half battery right now yeah?

edit: I'm wrong. I was thinking of BLACK tyres

lollygag
03-09-2015, 21:23
Grey is when there is no wear, no temp, no physics happening.. should only be grey when under AI control... ie; in and out of the pit, after the race, TT starts.. etc.

TexasTyme214
03-09-2015, 21:58
Doug says that the wear indicator is only for the tread of the tire. When your bar is gray, you have 50% wear overall (100% left of the carcass, 0% of tread)

lollygag
03-09-2015, 22:30
For me.. when AI is in control, my tires are grey. Wear is represented by the volume in the tire icon and the color represents temperature.

TexasTyme214
03-09-2015, 22:54
Also true. But in the player case, it means zero percent tread left

schneterz
04-09-2015, 04:05
I think the picture does not show what alex is speaking of.
i had the same thing with formula a on nords.
In tt when i'm at 2/3 of the track, my left front tire indicates in a grey color.
And it looks like it does on the right side of the picture, means a third of the tire is black and two thirds are grey.
strange thing is, when i go down the last long straight, it slowly goes back to green.
end of tje straight, everything looks normal again.
i wonder what this indicates.

F1Aussie
04-09-2015, 05:45
Wow, so many interpretations of what "grey" means, it is all a little grey, lol. Would be good to get a definitive answer on this. I have seen the grey colour appear as well, will have to keep an eye out if it happens during lapping or just in pits.

BistoKid
04-09-2015, 12:33
I too had the grey tyre syndrome last night and had no idea what it was implying, keen to find out as I may be able to use it as an excuse for my poor driving ;)

BigAlex
04-09-2015, 12:39
The grey color I mentioned occurs during the race. Never saw it went back to green though. This would mean that the tread was magically put back in the tire. :-)