PDA

View Full Version : Weather system?

tclancey
04-09-2015, 11:05
Hi folks. I have a couple of questions about the weather system as I'm finding it difficult to get my head around it.

I know if I set 2 weather slots, one dry one wet, advance the weather timing to say, 5 or what ever, during the practice sessions the weather will swap every couple of minutes which kind of makes sense. However, if I set 4 random slots, with the weather on x2 (I already know about the Real Time bugs) the weather doesn't change in the practice sessions, or at least hasn't so far for me.

If I have 4 random slots and x2 set, should the weather go through 8 changes over the whole weekend, or each session?

Say I'm running an 80 lapper, will the weather change every 10 laps, or is the timing randomized in some way? I don't want to know that the weather will change on my next lap.

For those who will ask why I'm using random and 4 slots, well, why not? I don't want to start a race knowing it's going to get wet, I want to start a race not knowing what the weather is going to do, or when it's going to do it. Anyone who has spent a day going round Cadwell Park will know this is quite possible!

Thanks.

N0body Of The Goat
04-09-2015, 11:11
At normal speed, weather slots hit their most intense point roughly every 60mins.

If you change weather progression to x2, this will happen at ~30mins.

At x30, this will happen at ~2mins.

Or at least that is my understanding of it.;)

flymar
04-09-2015, 11:45
At normal speed, weather slots hit their most intense point roughly every 60mins.

If you change weather progression to x2, this will happen at ~30mins.

At x30, this will happen at ~2mins.

Or at least that is my understanding of it.;)
I believe it will change in the times you mentioned. It keeps the intensity through almost (1 hour/multiplier) till it reach morphing window.
I must say I haven't tested it with full weekend

Cornflex
04-09-2015, 11:48
And how does real weather work?
After downloading the weather does it use one weather slot or all four?

flymar
04-09-2015, 11:50
And how does real weather work?
After downloading the weather does it use one weather slot or all four?

Pretty sure it's all four. But they are 3 hours long and don't need to start at the race start (which is the case with normal slotted weather).