PDA

View Full Version : Hosting Ruapuna for people who don't own this DLC

Zenzic
04-09-2015, 13:04
As always my head is filled with PCars plans. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near my PS4 right now, so I'm hoping someone might know this by heart:

I own the DLC pack with Ruapuna Park. Will people who don't own this DLC be able to join events on this track if I host the lobby? Any specific settings I need to keep in mind?

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like it's possible: link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/archive/index.php/t-29178-p-6.html). Still, explicit confirmation here would be appreciated.

Bealdor
04-09-2015, 13:47
Yes it's possible (ATM). It's also possible to let them drive DLC vehicles without having the DLC by forcing these cars.
I don't know if a combination of both works though adn I also don't know if it's considered a bug or a feature by SMS.

fa-racing
05-09-2015, 00:59
Yes it's possible (ATM). It's also possible to let them drive DLC vehicles without having the DLC by forcing these cars.
I don't know if a combination of both works though adn I also don't know if it's considered a bug or a feature by SMS.

I hope it's a feature IMHO. Making it so that players can't play in servers with dlc is a bit ludicrous as it causes segregation of the players. I've seen this happen in bf4 where you either have to buy the dlc or have premium to play the dlc maps or you can't play, which means that after a month or so not many people play the dlc so if you want to play a certain dlc map, no one is going to play it.