PDA

View Full Version : So 60 odd hours into this game so far and.....

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 13:16
The list of cars i'm yet to drive is huge..... I'm addicted to certain cars is one reason, i'm enjoying the 'career' so not using all cars just yet in that... so sort of don't want to drive LMPs or GT's till i get to it in career

But i'm yet to drive any LMP cars, any road cars higher up than Renault and the BMW M1.

Not driven any of the capers or Mustangs..... not driven any GT's

Its weird, there's a whole bunch of cars i'm yet to enjoy.. If ever there was a game I could of been happy with just a few cars its this one.

Oh and i'm yet to drive the Nurburgring.....or the Russian track, or the Cali road course..... so much to do...

OK anyone give me a 'bucket list' of car track combinations?

I suppose i should do Le Mans full in an LMP tonight.

danowat
04-09-2015, 13:23
Russian track?

N0body Of The Goat
04-09-2015, 13:24
or the Russian track

What is this track you write about?;)

xsomnivmx
04-09-2015, 13:25
the Russian track

There is a Russian track?

For me, the best (and most played) races are

GT3 or BMW Procar M1
~20-30laps
2x increased tire wear
Time matched, that it starts at night and ends in the day
on Spa, Road America, Nürburgring GP and Laguna Seca

This combo gave me some of the best racing experiences ever.

cluck
04-09-2015, 13:27
In Soviet Russia, track drives you

(well, somebody was going to say it sooner or later, might as well get it out of the way now :D)

Knightfall
04-09-2015, 13:29
I think he means Brno, which is Czech.

I recommend a 40 lapper at Spa with LMP class, mixed car field.

Umer Ahmad
04-09-2015, 13:29
The list of cars i'm yet to drive is huge..... I'm addicted to certain cars is one reason, i'm enjoying the 'career' so not using all cars just yet in that... so sort of don't want to drive LMPs or GT's till i get to it in career

But i'm yet to drive any LMP cars, any road cars higher up than Renault and the BMW M1.

Not driven any of the capers or Mustangs..... not driven any GT's

Its weird, there's a whole bunch of cars i'm yet to enjoy.. If ever there was a game I could of been happy with just a few cars its this one.

Oh and i'm yet to drive the Nurburgring.....or the Russian track, or the Cali road course..... so much to do...

OK anyone give me a 'bucket list' of car track combinations?

I suppose i should do Le Mans full in an LMP tonight.

Do you appreciate technical circuits (Zolder, Catalunya, Azure Circuit) or do your prefer high speed tracks (Monza, Road America)?

Franco Ferrari
04-09-2015, 13:42
Oulton Park International or Bathurst with the Mercedes 190E

Mr.Smoke
04-09-2015, 14:18
Laguna or Nürburgring GP with the Z4 GT3 is always great fun in my books.

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 15:17
Ermmm, i thought it was Russian, it begins with a Z but not Zolder... not near my xbox to go check.

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 15:18
There is a Russian track?

For me, the best (and most played) races are

GT3 or BMW Procar M1
~20-30laps
2x increased tire wear
Time matched, that it starts at night and ends in the day
on Spa, Road America, Nürburgring GP and Laguna Seca

This combo gave me some of the best racing experiences ever.

Going to do this tonight, sorry explain 'time matched' cheers.

xsomnivmx
04-09-2015, 15:18
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

ZIC in China?

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 15:20
Sorry yes not Russia. This one Zhuhai.

China, not Russia...

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 15:22
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

ZIC in China?

Cheers. Also that link is ace as the images inspire me to want to try them out, I think the way the tracks are listed in game makes it easy to just go to your favorites, would be nic etc have images and even track map without having to click on them.

Not done Willow springs either.

xsomnivmx
04-09-2015, 15:23
Going to do this tonight, sorry explain 'time matched' cheers.

Well, i just mean.. i roughly know how long one lap takes, lets say 2min. Ill do a 30lap race, so it will be more or less 60 minutes long.
Then i simply do the math, how fast do i need to make the time in the options menu pass, to have a good chunk of night race before sun sets and i finish in the daytime i want it to finish. For example, 60min real time race, the in game clock should move from Midnight to, lets say 9a.m. in the time the race takes place, so the in game time needs to be speed up 9x (or closest) to match this racing setup. If it's a track were 30 laps would take 90min, i would use a slower "clockspeed" to match it accordingly.

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 15:26
Well, i just mean.. i roughly know how long one lap takes, lets say 2min. Ill do a 30lap race, so it will be more or less 60 minutes long.
Then i simply do the math, how fast do i need to make the time in the options menu pass, to have a good chunk of night race before sun sets and i finish in the daytime i want it to finish. For example, 60min real time race, the in game clock should move from Midnight to, lets say 9a.m. in the time the race takes place, so the in game time needs to be speed up 9x (or closest) to match this racing setup. If it's a track were 30 laps would take 90min, i would use a slower "clockspeed" to match it accordingly.

OK cool, i'm yet to see a night to day transition. To be honest I struggle to drag myself out of the Formula cars (no lights) so never done that...tonight is the night for trying new stuff out i think..

Mahjik
04-09-2015, 15:29
I find that the single make tin-tops provide some of the best racing (Clio, Ginetta G40, BMW M1). I have good time with the G40 on the UK based tracks.

NemethR
04-09-2015, 15:32
I would recommend:

- Formula Rookie, at Azure Circuit
- GT3 or LMP1 at Spa (simulate a 24h race
- Stock Car at Willow Springs
- Classic F1 car at Watkins Glen
- The ols Mercedes 300SEL at the Nurburgring.
- Trans-Am Mustang at Laguna Seca (Onboard view!)
- GT4 at Zolder
- Gr.5 at Zolder or Nordschleife
- Caterham 7 Classic at Sonoma
- Pagani Roadster at California Highway (or Azure Coast)
- Smaller Road Cars at Cadwell Park, (or Superkarts)
- BAC Mono at Circuit Bugatti.

xsomnivmx
04-09-2015, 15:34
OK cool, i'm yet to see a night to day transition.

Oh boy.. you're in for a treat. At least for me, this is the one thing I really really love in this game. And the reason why I really do not want to give up and move on to forza6, despite all the bugs sometimes.
It's just so beautiful, after a long hard night race to see the first rays of light shine through the trees and see the sun come up... if you're feeling lucky, combine this with weather. A clear night at zolder, chaining into a light foggy morning.. thats amazing. Or seeing the stars in the sky disappear over spa, while blasting down Eau Rouge to Radillion...
But, do yourself a favor... Don't try night races if you don't know the car/track combo. It's hard to see the brake points, most of it is muscle memory and seeing the track in your inner eye, even if it's dark.

By the way.. i played Formula B for the first time this week... and wow. The flames! So, i'm the other way around :D

Knightfall
04-09-2015, 15:37
I did a race at Le Mans last night that started at dusk and ran into night. I left 10x progression on by accident, and by lap 5 it was PITCH black. I do not playing with the driving line anymore, and I could hardly see the road in front of me. Was driving Zonda R.

That being said, the day/night or night/day transitions are spectacular. Highly recommend setting up a race to do this if you haven't yet.

Dasidnii
04-09-2015, 15:38
I really like using the BMW M3 at Bathurst or the Ruf at Spa

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 16:28
Oh boy.. you're in for a treat. At least for me, this is the one thing I really really love in this game. And the reason why I really do not want to give up and move on to forza6, despite all the bugs sometimes.
It's just so beautiful, after a long hard night race to see the first rays of light shine through the trees and see the sun come up... if you're feeling lucky, combine this with weather. A clear night at zolder, chaining into a light foggy morning.. thats amazing. Or seeing the stars in the sky disappear over spa, while blasting down Eau Rouge to Radillion...
But, do yourself a favor... Don't try night races if you don't know the car/track combo. It's hard to see the brake points, most of it is muscle memory and seeing the track in your inner eye, even if it's dark.

By the way.. i played Formula B for the first time this week... and wow. The flames! So, i'm the other way around :D

Lovely explanation!

TexasTyme214
04-09-2015, 16:38
Ginetta GT3 - Oulton Park
Mercedes 300SEL - Oulton Park
R18 E-tron - Mazda Raceway
BMW E30 - Brno (wet)
Formula B - Sonoma GP
McLaren Long Tail - Donington GP
M3 GT - Sakitto GP
Lotus 49 - Spa

mantukas334
04-09-2015, 16:51
am i the only one who doesnt see any point in these car track combos? if i like the car i like it in every track and vice versa. reading these combos makes me sick

xsomnivmx
04-09-2015, 16:57
am i the only one who doesnt see any point in these car track combos? if i like the car i like it in every track and vice versa. reading these combos makes me sick

ok? i have tracks were i love lmp1, and tracks where i think they a rubbish. or the cup clio... cool on small technical tracks, boooooooring on, let's say le mans.. If this threads helps some people to try somethings new, no harm's done, right? And if you don't like it.. why not simply walk away, nobody is forced to read every thread, right?

bobbylion
04-09-2015, 18:06

Actually sick?

FS7
04-09-2015, 18:45
I've driven at the main layout of every location, I don't care much for the smaller layouts. I've got all DLC content so far, I haven't driven every car but I've tried most classes, I've spent most of my time driving open-wheels, I didn't like the Formula Rookie much but the Formula Gulf/C/B/A are very fun to drive and are enough to keep me busy for a very long time. If PCars had all the current F1 tracks I wouldn't bother getting F1 2015. GTs, DTM & LMPs are fun to drive too.
PCars is the type of game I was looking for, it has a good variety of open-wheel classes, a good number of track locations all with dynamic weather, and a bunch of options for practicing and setting up offline races. I see the non-open-wheel cars as a very nice bonus content. There are bugs and things that can improve but PCars is the best racing experience one can get on console imo.

Slowsley
04-09-2015, 20:18
I find that the single make tin-tops provide some of the best racing (Clio, Ginetta G40, BMW M1). I have good time with the G40 on the UK based tracks.

Agreed. Until the grid choosing is straightened out its really all you can do without things being Forza-goofy (Indycar vs '90's LMP vs Veyron vs '70's Lotus). I guess "same class" racing is good mostly too.