PDA

View Full Version : Free practice.

itzhipno
05-09-2015, 00:20
How long have you spent in free practice? What cars did you use? What tracks were you on?

Knightfall
05-09-2015, 02:33
Honestly, I probably play this mode the most now. I play all track and all cars in this mode, as this is my first stop when learning a new car or track.

I also come to Free Practice to tune my cars. Again, all tracks depending on objective.

menos
05-09-2015, 04:21
You guys really should use the time trial mode instead for this.
This would populate the leaderboards more and you get to check out new cars and new tracks.

As a little weekend workout I do currently exactly this. My plan for this weekend is taking the Ruf CTR on every single track there is with it's standard setup and post a top 10 time.
Then I am going to work harder with setting up the car and shave off time to improve my times from there.

The time trial mode is absolutely perfect for learning new cars and tracks - please use this and fill those leaderboards ;-)

leithnow
05-09-2015, 05:44
Time trial is better than practice. Start on warm tires, you can race against leader board ghosts to see their lines and brake points...and you fill the leader boards.

J4M35_R
05-09-2015, 06:14
I spend 90% of my time on free practice. I prefer it to time trial because of the tire ware, various weather conditions and fuel use. I can't see the fascination in setting mega lap times with unrealistic set ups that are only useful in time trial mode with perfect tires, perfect weather and 5l of fuel.

I know it's each to their own but I find time trial boring and to arcade for my liking.

As for the op my favourite tracks atm are bathurst, nordschleife and spa. I love to go round in the radical then move to gt3 ruf and then try some of the new cars. Last week I couldn't get enough of ruapana, next week who knows. But it's all good fun.

nhitrac
05-09-2015, 07:09
I would use TT a lot more if I didn't have to quit to the menu to make a setup change. Don't know which bright spark thought that this was a good idea.

jimmyb_84
05-09-2015, 07:40
I spend most of my time in free practice, I currently tuning GT3 and GT4 cars, I've done over 100hrs on the game and I've still not driven all GT car/track combos.

I like to check tyre wear over a long stint and improve my driving, normally one I'm fairly happy I'll enter a solo race on that track and test it properly normally 10-15 laps.

maurice-pascale
05-09-2015, 08:59
I dont know how long, because i spent soo much time in practice, more then with race's......and now my favorite track is Nordschleife, drived it over 50 laps in practice in the last 3 weeks.....and cars is different by me, i drive absolute all......but favorites are McLaren 12c, Zonda R, pagani huayra, Audi LMS ultra, lykan hypersport, McLaren 12c gt3......the mlst driven

it is hard to say what track is a favorite, they are all very great

Seelenkrank
05-09-2015, 09:10
i use free practice only for learning a new track or a new car (handling etc.)

maurice-pascale
05-09-2015, 09:22
Or better, use single event's without AI drivers, there you start with warm tyres too and you can watch a full replay of your driving....for me thjs is the best now, because i always want to see the full replay of my practice

havocc
05-09-2015, 10:34
I would use TT a lot more if I didn't have to quit to the menu to make a setup change. Don't know which bright spark thought that this was a good idea.

This this and this!! Also i hate that i have to do a Race without opponents to have a full replay and save it

medse87
05-09-2015, 12:13
You guys really should use the time trial mode instead for this.
This would populate the leaderboards more and you get to check out new cars and new tracks.

As a little weekend workout I do currently exactly this. My plan for this weekend is taking the Ruf CTR on every single track there is with it's standard setup and post a top 10 time.
Then I am going to work harder with setting up the car and shave off time to improve my times from there.

The time trial mode is absolutely perfect for learning new cars and tracks - please use this and fill those leaderboards ;-)

I'd really like to do that, but it's annoying that you can't setup your car there.

tclancey
05-09-2015, 13:07
Personally - as I only run in off line races - I like to learn new cars and tracks in Solo with AI. That way you learn where they're likely to make up or lose time on a lap. I would like to get into online racing with folks but my internet is a bit pants at the moment.

Beatminister
05-09-2015, 19:37
At least 90% of the driving time. To begin with, knowing the tracks in and out is the key for everything else. Before you know a track blindfolded, its no use to start tweaking on car setups. No use even to start a race there.

And then of course, its the place to adjust game settings, like the FFB from hell. Spend days on that lately, and its still not better, just a bit less exhausting perhaps.

And sometimes I just go for a cruise on a road like Azure Coast or the Highway, in a cool car. Not fast, just to relax.

Namron
05-09-2015, 21:14
Think I'm going to have to give this Free Practice thing a shot going by what some of you have said about it :encouragement:... & Now I have my Logitech DGT wheel feeling pretty damn good it would be a shame, not to say Damn Rude of me not to :)...

Nam....