PDA

View Full Version : Most important feature missing in current Apps

pock1910
05-09-2015, 12:12
Hi guys,

what do you guys think, what are important features that are not available in current Apps. Of course, not everything can be implemented in the Apps due to the restrictions in the current API, but there is PCars2 in the Queue. It would be great to hear your opinions.

TrevorAustin
05-09-2015, 19:39
J
Hi guys,

what do you guys think, what are important features that are not available in current Apps. Of course, not everything can be implemented in the Apps due to the restrictions in the current API, but there is PCars2 in the Queue. It would be great to hear your opinions.

Spoken race information

mr_belowski
08-09-2015, 11:17
Isn't there a race engineer in the game already?

I implemented a race engineer / crew chief for RaceRoom using its shared data block. It works quite well and is a nice addition to the game, but it's (currently) very tightly coupled to the RaceRoom shared memory layout / content / limitations. Making a version of this which uses the PCars shared memory isn't hard, but it'll be quite time consuming. Would anyone actually want such a thing? Isn't the existing in-game race engineer good enough?

AB_Attack
16-09-2015, 11:57
Full telemetry is the glaring obvious one.

Isn't there a race engineer in the game already?
He dosn't spend his words in the wisest way though. "The gap is this much, you can..." yes I can see that. What I would like to know of critical stuff like the engine overheating. He does comment on brakes, so that's good. But those sort of things.

mr_belowski
16-09-2015, 21:43
I've not implemented brake temperature monitoring (yet...) but my work in progress app is here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4KQS820QNFbNm1FX1dMV19NaU0

There's a thread in the parent forum here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Would-anyone-want-an-alternative-race-engineer-crew-chief/page4

Vitor Costa
16-09-2015, 22:49
It would be outstanding if we had an app or programe to have logs from dedicated server to make outputs from events (quali and race) and something like LiveRacers.

Stoops417
21-09-2015, 16:51
I'd echo the above. Having data for all cars on the track would be fantastic not only for solo players but also when organizations or groups want to run leagues, events, etc. With that many sources, amount of data would most likely have to be limited, but even laptimes and results would be a huge step forward.

MikeyTT
24-09-2015, 16:57
In the WMD we had a request list for the API, which I can't see on the public forum, so I thought I would just copy it over. I know it's not directly answering the OP, but it'll give you an idea of what was being requested and what made it in, so far

To answer the OP, I'm certainly looking at the DS output to see how I can integrate that into vrHive, but I'm waiting for it to stabalise, feature wise, before I do anything in anger.

It's just screen grabs, otherwise I'd lose the formatting, and obviously the links won't work anyway.