PDA

View Full Version : What going wrong?

wintermute
05-09-2015, 16:37
As a WMD member i played a lot in this game very often. I liked it and i compared driving model with AC (yes I know - i could not doing it:).
PC in my opinion has more convincing and a detailed model of driving.
Difficulty was on the same level. I offen compared e30 m3 on PC and AC and i was thinking that this car drive the same in both games.
Unfortunately, recently I have not played PC.
But now we have a new DLC. So i decided check how is driving RUF CTR.
And I am firmly surprised. On AC it is restive and hard to drive car, but on PC RUF is driving like on rail :) Example? I tried reduce gear on high engine speed. What was happen? completely nothing. Car is still driving the same direction without any spin.
I tested sierra cosworth. Before release it was brutal car with very sensitive gas pedal. Now sierra has sweet-tempered. Like a lamb :)
Next was bmw 2002 turbo. I read that this car has a huge turbo lag. In PC i dont see any turbo lag. It is driving like each other car.
what going wrong? Now it is not the same game...

TheReaper GT
05-09-2015, 16:51
Something is really wrong on your side of the fence. The CTR keeps trying to kill me on every corner... Damn car hates me uhahua

John Hargreaves
05-09-2015, 17:04
CTR on rails? That‘s the first time I‘ve heard that comment, it seems to me to be the opposite. Not sure where that comes from unless you have some aids on by mistake maybe?

flymar
05-09-2015, 19:29
IMO
CTR is really challenging. You need to start braking in adjacent time zone and treat the pedal very gently. Entering the turn you never know if you'll exit going forward or backward:) Tail happy and reminds me much Cat 7
CTR3 - drives like all them supercars. You are fine if you remember that he's going faster then it looks
CTR3 - SMS-R - Feels like there is too much power for the tyre. And low slow speed downforce, So you need to be careful with throttle at turn exit until it stabilizes going straight. At high speed it has tons of grip but when you loose it on some bumps it changes into plane and it's quite hard to calm him down.

All above are amateur feelings. I have no idea about how they drive IRL and I don't touch set ups.

Yes, cars changed their behaviour before and after release. And I believe it's for good. I remember first appearance of RGT-8 - I tried to like it but I couldn't - so unpredictable it was. But now one of my favourites:)

TMoney
05-09-2015, 19:41
I think he's talking about quickly downshifting where you'd expect to cause a lockup. I've noticed the same thing a while back with some cars. It's like the clutch is slipping and softens the re-engagement slowing the car down without adverse effects (except maybe engine wear). Something doesn't seem quite right in those situations imo. Haven't tested it with the new RUF though.

flymar
05-09-2015, 19:44
I think he's talking about quickly downshifting where you'd expect to cause a lockup. I've noticed the same thing a while back with some cars. It's like the clutch is slipping and softens the re-engagement slowing the car down without adverse effects (except maybe engine wear). Something doesn't seem quite right in those situations imo. Haven't tested it with the new RUF though. That I can't assess. I use autoclutch. But some day...

bmanic
05-09-2015, 19:50
As a WMD member i played a lot in this game very often. I liked it and i compared driving model with AC (yes I know - i could not doing it:).
Difficulty was on the same level. I offen compared e30 m3 on PC and AC and i was thinking that this car drive the same in both games.
And I am firmly surprised. On AC it is restive and hard to drive car, but on PC RUF is driving like on rail :) Example? I tried reduce gear on high engine speed. What was happen? completely nothing. Car is still driving the same direction without any spin.
I tested sierra cosworth. Before release it was brutal car with very sensitive gas pedal. Now sierra has sweet-tempered. Like a lamb :)
Next was bmw 2002 turbo. I read that this car has a huge turbo lag. In PC i dont see any turbo lag. It is driving like each other car.

First of all:

Assetto Corsa has very buggy auto-clutch which means that if you shift anywhere while turning = instant spin. You need manual clutch to do proper shifts in AC. The exact OPPOSITE is true for Project CARS: The auto-clutch in pCars is extremely smooth and forgiving.. you can basically shift in almost any position, at almost any revs, and the clutch will smoothly take care of the shift so that you very rarely spin. Try doing aggressive shifts in the middle of the corner with manual clutch.. yeah, insta-spin as expected.

Second: What tires on the Yellow Bird did you use? On default you have the modern tires. Try driving the vintage tire and setup the car to be a bit more stiff. "Easy to drive" is not how I would describe it.

Sierra sweet tempered? Have you looked into the car setup.. once again the default setup, as I remember it, has the turbo restricted. Try setting it at max.

bmanic
05-09-2015, 19:53
I think he's talking about quickly downshifting where you'd expect to cause a lockup. I've noticed the same thing a while back with some cars. It's like the clutch is slipping and softens the re-engagement slowing the car down without adverse effects (except maybe engine wear). Something doesn't seem quite right in those situations imo. Haven't tested it with the new RUF though.

It's very simple, as I said: Assetto Corsa auto-clutch (and some of the semi-automatic paddle shift gear boxes) are completely bugged (I've reported this bug already over a year ago to the AC developers!). For instance, the BMW Z4 is a complete death trap if you shift down while driving at normal high-way speeds, turning gently, and shifting down.. kind of what you do very often in real life when driving out of the high-way on an off-ramp. What happens in real life when you shift down from low revs while turning? Nothing. What happens in AC when you shift down? Massive wheel spin and a spin if you are not careful.

Project CARS auto-clutch is ridiculously forgiving. This is probably one of the reasons people think pCars is "simcade". It's just that the auto-clutch, which probably 95% of players use, is extremely forgiving. It's very soft and compensates exceptionally well for situations when you would spin out on shifts in other games. Just look at the telemetry of the clutch while shifting.

TMoney
05-09-2015, 20:04
I wasn't speaking about AC. And in pCARS with manual clutch is no different in this situation from what I can remember.

wintermute
05-09-2015, 20:31
I dont use autoclutch. I have g27 and i use all 3 pedals.
When i have engine high speed in AC downshift without throttle blip always causes massive rear wheel slip. In PC i can destroy engine, but whells only sometimes lose traction (for example when we down-shift on a turn).

TMoney
05-09-2015, 20:51
I dont use autoclutch. I have g27 and i use all 3 pedals.
When i have engine high speed in AC downshift without throttle blip always causes massive rear wheel slip. In PC i can destroy engine, but whells only sometimes lose traction (for example when we down-shift on a turn).

Yup I agree. I even made a post about this on WMD a while back. Got blown off as working correctly. Shame really but we can try again now.

Flaw3dGenius
05-09-2015, 21:15
Sierra i found last night impossible I did have 7 cans of Strongbow right enough but i could not do 3 laps of Oulton without spining out. It's a beast!