PDA

View Full Version : TT Vs Race weekend, something ain't right

wOoDsTeR16
05-09-2015, 17:14
I am right in saying that TT is now light cloud conditions right?. I'm in a league and this weeks track is Spa in the formula c with light cloud conditions. I have been doing a few full race simulations today and in the race weekend section (With 12 ltrs of fuel) my best time so far is a 2:10:868. Today I have put 3x 2:10 laps but pretty much lapping in the low 2:11's.

Because TT is now light cloud every now and again I have been spinning a few laps in TT and on wed this week I put a time in of 2:11:7xx but that was the only 2:11 I have done in TT to date. So with me sticking low 2:11's in now I thought I would get my time in TT down and have just done 14 laps straight of the back of sticking low 2:11's in and the best time out of all them 14 laps was a 2:12:5xx and lets not forget that in TT you only have 5 ltrs of fuel every lap. But trust me when I say each lap in the TT I did I was proper on it like I Was ten mins before in a race (On my own so no draft)

Here is a vid of my best lap. https://youtu.be/s33-6qVkWGA

Note that coming up the hill there is no sun glaze as you get to the top, but if you take a FC car up the hill in TT there is a strong glaze of sun but it is light clouds its breaking through, its as if TT is 2 secs a lap slower

PostBox981
05-09-2015, 17:30
Maybe different daytime and going along with it different track temp?

wOoDsTeR16
05-09-2015, 17:36
Maybe different daytime and going along with it different track temp?

I'm running at 12pm in the race weekend, not sure what time of day TT is.

nissan4ever
05-09-2015, 18:16
All we know about TT trial is it's 1100 hrs with light clouds. We don't know what month or day.

ports
05-09-2015, 19:01
TT date is the 1st of march at 11 am and that's from a dev i'll try find the thread.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32314-Answered-What-is-the-date&highlight=time+dat

nissan4ever
05-09-2015, 19:14
Fantastic! Thanks for link.
w/light clouds

AZT Turbo
05-09-2015, 22:37
Does it really matter, the playing field is the same for everyone in TT regardless of what time you are capable of in practice.

nissan4ever
05-09-2015, 22:42
Does it really matter, the playing field is the same for everyone in TT regardless of what time you are capable of in practice.

Actually it does. You know your car has your tune on it, when doing TT. If you know the month & date. Then you can dial in tire temp. That makes a difference. You would use different tire pressure for July 1st, vs March 1st. Difference in track temp because of time of year. That will effect tire temp/grip.

rtazz17
06-09-2015, 01:07
Actually it does. You know your car has your tune on it, when doing TT. If you know the month & date. Then you can dial in tire temp. That makes a difference. You would use different tire pressure for July 1st, vs March 1st. Difference in track temp because of time of year. That will effect tire temp/grip.

Wow!
Posts like this make me realize why ill never win an online race.I dont have the time to figure out a tire for time of year.Holy crap!

Dynomight Motorsports
06-09-2015, 02:38
it's just a feel, I've had the same issue at most of the tracks I've run at. I could only get a 1:35 at Oulton Park in a GT3 (BMW Z4), but qualified in my League race at a 1:33.235 same car with more fuel. Not to mention I started the race with 80L and was running in the 1:34's with around 70-65L of fuel. So there is a science to it I'm sure, but that same setup I used was crap in TT vs the Race.

OpticalHercules
06-09-2015, 04:55
Wow!
Posts like this make me realize why ill never win an online race.I dont have the time to figure out a tire for time of year.Holy crap!

Also, track temp should be impacting your vehicle horsepower/torque, due to colder/denser air, meaning more oxygen in the chamber on each compression stroke. Additionally, you can factor in lower brake and radiator openings when it's colder out because the engine wont run as hot and the brakes will cool without the ducting much faster. While most hot-lappers in TT already drop their brake/radiator ducts to 0, others who use TT for event practice and tune do have to consider this.

DjBarney
14-09-2015, 17:31
Also, track temp should be impacting your vehicle horsepower/torque, due to colder/denser air, meaning more oxygen in the chamber on each compression stroke. Additionally, you can factor in lower brake and radiator openings when it's colder out because the engine wont run as hot and the brakes will cool without the ducting much faster. While most hot-lappers in TT already drop their brake/radiator ducts to 0, others who use TT for event practice and tune do have to consider this.

I'm not sure, but i thought the race weekends also have more rubber on track, so you have more grip (later braking points). Thought TT was on a clean track, without any rubber. Would explain why you're "off the pace" in TT, since you're using the extra grip of racedays to get to the better times. not sure of the exact source of this stuff, but the following wiki has a lot of insights on these kind of questions: http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics#Why_are_my_testing_times_slower_than_those_in_the_race_while_everything_else_remains_equal.3F