PDA

View Full Version : MARC Focus V8 as DLC ?

Angst1974
05-09-2015, 19:36
;)

https://instagram.com/p/7OLuG-C91S/

Currently running in 12th overall

http://www.24hseries.com/live

Flaw3dGenius
05-09-2015, 21:21
Thats an odd looking Focus.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
05-09-2015, 21:24
Thats an odd looking Focus.Because it's not Focus. Marc has a purpose-built race car chassis, designed with the intention to provide a platform for cheap endurance racing (around half the price of a GT3 car), completely built from the ground up as that thing. Then they just change the external body panels to whatever they want. That same car has run as a Ford Focus, a Mazda, and a BMW so far, at least. =)

Sasquatch
05-09-2015, 22:29
Because it's not Focus. Marc has a purpose-built race car chassis, designed with the intention to provide a platform for cheap endurance racing (around half the price of a GT3 car), completely built from the ground up as that thing. Then they just change the external body panels to whatever they want. That same car has run as a Ford Focus, a Mazda, and a BMW so far, at least. =)

Yep. Global Touring Car is a spec series that uses the same space-frame chassis, but teams are allowed to have different body panels, iirc

Cheesenium
06-09-2015, 02:37
Now, SMS, go license those cars.

I dont mind having another Ford, BMW or even Mazda!

06-09-2015, 15:25
Wonder how the license would work. The car is a Marc Cars car, but the bodypanels would probably require a Ford etc. license...

TheReaper GT
06-09-2015, 15:30
Wonder how the license would work. The car is a Marc Cars car, but the bodypanels would probably require a Ford etc. license...

I guess that's the problem with Brazilian stock car too.

06-09-2015, 18:13
Now that I think about it, it should be a bit like that with DTM as well. All of the cars are built around the same chassis made by some European carbon fibre company (or Toray Carbon Magic for tubs destined for use in Japan), so DTM probably owns the chassis license and the bodypanels and engine credits go to the car manufacturers, or something.

TheReaper GT
06-09-2015, 19:03
Now that I think about it, it should be a bit like that with DTM as well. All of the cars are built around the same chassis made by some European carbon fibre company (or Toray Carbon Magic for tubs destined for use in Japan), so DTM probably owns the chassis license and the bodypanels and engine credits go to the car manufacturers, or something.

Here the cars are much like dtm, but all teams have the same hardware, only the branded bubble is different.