PDA

View Full Version : Free Practice Pit Drive thru

leithnow
06-09-2015, 05:09
So I was running the Clio on Donington Park National in Free Practice mode. Every time I tried to pit to refuel, my car would just drive right through the pit without stopping. And unless I selected close on the pit menu that pops up, it doesn't go away and I don't regain control as I exit the pit. This could be because it his my pit location right at the beginning of the pit area and my car isn't ready to turn in when it passes by. This glitch was repeatable.

Roger Prynne
06-09-2015, 12:57
There are no pit stops in practice.

leithnow
06-09-2015, 16:54
I get it. The default setting is about 5 or 6 liters in the Clio...so after about that gets you about 5 or 6 laps...and the first couple you're on cold tires...so a good 3 or 4 actual laps before you run out of fuel and have to restart or warp back to your pit box, either way you're back on cold tires all over again...

Fantastic system, doesn't need any tweaking at all.

Schumi-
06-09-2015, 16:57
I just put more fuel in at the start.

leithnow
06-09-2015, 17:08
You're still limited. Just make free practice pitting work like race practice pitting, what's the big deal?

Seelenkrank
06-09-2015, 18:00
setup a raceweekend with no opponents, then you can use the pitbox (easy isn`t it?)

leithnow
06-09-2015, 19:15
Sure is. In fact I'm enjoying practice in quick race weekend with a few AI I experiment with ro find the difficulty sweet spot before a career race.

Just feel like the game would be better if made more intuitive. Seems like there is a lot of adapting to its quirks.

DusterBuster
06-09-2015, 22:28
There's also a bug when you drive through the pits in free practice and choose driver swap. You will get manual control in the pits. This option should be blocked in free practice.

hosko
08-09-2015, 11:02
I get it. The default setting is about 5 or 6 liters in the Clio...so after about that gets you about 5 or 6 laps...and the first couple you're on cold tires...so a good 3 or 4 actual laps before you run out of fuel and have to restart or warp back to your pit box, either way you're back on cold tires all over again...

Run in a time trial, your time counts for leader-boards, you can't run out of fuel and there is tyre deg. The Mrs was playing with a go kart with only a 1.1L tank, the time trial option was much better