PDA

View Full Version : Monza Online Race

SleecTM
06-09-2015, 06:54
Hi,

Can someone explain me how is this possible: I took the best ghost to see what are the differences, but, when I cross starting line with speed 322/323 (maximum speed) the ghost is driving faster by probably 10-20 Km\h, how is that possible??

I talk about the online challenge which is still available for next 2 days.

Feetabix
06-09-2015, 09:30
Some of the online times are eye watering.......I've been driving gaming sims since the mid nineties, I'm very familiar with monza and its braking points and lines and I'm ten seconds off the pace at the top of the leaderboard. It doesn't seem credible, as at that pace ten seconds may as well be two months! Even factoring in some setup shortcomings I can't see where I'm going to get anywhere near that!......

Feetabix
06-09-2015, 09:36
In direct answer to your comment though sleec, the final corner at monza is one of the hardest in the world to get right. The 50 m board on the entry is out to the side away from the edge of the track making it hard to pick a braking point, it's simple to miss the apex and keeping a wheel inside the white line all the way around the really long bend is hard when your really on it, so I can easily see where 10 km could be found......you then take that down the massive straight for what feels like an eternity, so plenty to be gained/lost!.....

miagi
06-09-2015, 12:16
What car is it?

SleecTM
06-09-2015, 13:35
In direct answer to your comment though sleec, the final corner at monza is one of the hardest in the world to get right. The 50 m board on the entry is out to the side away from the edge of the track making it hard to pick a braking point, it's simple to miss the apex and keeping a wheel inside the white line all the way around the really long bend is hard when your really on it, so I can easily see where 10 km could be found......you then take that down the massive straight for what feels like an eternity, so plenty to be gained/lost!.....

Hi,

It is not about the last corner. at the starting line the opponent is gaining advantage slowly, so it means that his max speed is bigger in general. So it is not what you talking about.

SleecTM
06-09-2015, 13:36
formula 1

miagi
06-09-2015, 13:44
Well, low df, DRS and double kers?!

QPRLad
07-09-2015, 08:47
Hi,

It is not about the last corner. at the starting line the opponent is gaining advantage slowly, so it means that his max speed is bigger in general. So it is not what you talking about.

If you're too slow & off line into the last corner it will affect your speed coming out of the corner and will take you longer to reach your top speed. you may reach yours just before you brake but he could reach his about 100 yards earlier. Like Miagi said, he may have less downforce, DRS open and using all of his Kers.

fa-racing
09-09-2015, 03:20
Oh, I can help with the speed issue.

6.80 final
0.96 7th
0.0 rear camber
2 front aero
1 rear aero
30mm front ride hight
55mm rear ride hight.

This is the basics which help me constantly do 350kph and 1.21.xxx or less around monza.