PDA

View Full Version : Mustang fastback 2+2

brucek
06-09-2015, 12:09
To whoever is responsible for quality-control in the car modelling:-

Why does this car, which has a 4-speed gearbox, have a gear-lever knob with five forward speeds shown on the 'H' pattern?

Please correct it.

E30_Hntsvl
06-09-2015, 12:35
It has a gear-lever knob?

menos
06-09-2015, 12:40
Please also correct this same issue with the Ruf CTR Yellowbird (simulated is the earlier car, build with a 5 speed transmission but the car's model does show a 6 speed gear knob in the cockpit).

Seelenkrank
06-09-2015, 13:18
i never ever had seen a gearknob in this game and there is more important stuff to fix then a optical correct gearknob 99,9% of the players never will see...

mrbrownnose
06-09-2015, 13:22
Especially when the game is 99.9% broken

N0body Of The Goat
06-09-2015, 13:31

Blimey, pCARS runs amazing for just 0.1%!:rolleyes:

mantukas334
06-09-2015, 13:39
haha, creator of this post, kill yourself :)

GamingCanuck
06-09-2015, 13:43

What an immature post.

Mahjik
06-09-2015, 13:48

We don't condone posts like this on this forum.

Seelenkrank
06-09-2015, 14:19

it has some work to do but it is on a good way!

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
06-09-2015, 15:20
Good catches, this sort of thing seems to happen when the artist reference materials focus on specific versions which are different from the base or original specs. Looks like you could only get a 3-speed (manual or automatic) or a 4-speed (manual only) transmission to a first gen Mustang back then, but the reference images they've looked at have probably had 5-speed swaps done, which seems to be quite common. The CTR also had only a 5-speed transmission originally, but they later introduced a 6-speed one.

There were a couple of other times this happened during development, usually some WMD member noticed it quickly, but we didn't get a chance to try any of these during development.

menos
06-09-2015, 16:40
Good catches, this sort of thing seems to happen when the artist reference materials focus on specific versions which are different from the base or original specs. Looks like you could only get a 3-speed (manual or automatic) or a 44-speed (manual only) transmission to a first gen Mustang back then, but the reference images they've looked at have probably had 5-speed swaps done, which seems to be quite common. The CTR also had only a 5-speed transmission originally, but they later introduced a 6-speed one.

There were a couple of other times this happened during development, usually some WMD member noticed it quickly, but we didn't get a chance to try any of these during development.

I think such are very, very minor things to nitpick on, but nevertheless people on the forum who spot such little details should be able to point them out with strange comments by others. I think it is nothing negative about pointing out what one sees and move on, knowing the little input here might at some point lead to the detail getting fixed if time and human resources capacity permit.

I would love though on the other hand we will see these things fixed in the form of having either a Mustang 2x2 with 5 speed swap and a Ruf CTR with 6-speed gear box available to race with as variants of the cars there are already ;-)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
06-09-2015, 18:09
Yep, these are completely legit things to note and I noticed a couple myself back in WMD, it strikes me as odd that people would give someone a hard time because of it. Well, at least as long as the reporting is done in a constructive and polite manner at least. =)

And yeah, it would be great to have a system like that for switching certain components in that manner. =)

feloney_x
07-09-2015, 01:31
i would like more tuning options for the car could care less about the gsknob lol

GTsimms
07-09-2015, 02:36
i would like more tuning options for the car could care less about the gsknob lol

I think most just need to hang on good chanhe's are still coming to pcars.

rimajo
07-09-2015, 15:27
has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread http://wigunpics.science/13/g.png

stangnutlx
07-09-2015, 22:04
and take the transmission whine out of the 2015 mustang

Plage
07-09-2015, 23:08
Another problem is that the helmet of the driver (model) is going through the neck protection when you accelerate. This seems to be a general bug but as most cars have bucket seats it doesn't gets noticed. You'll only see it with cars which have seats without headrests like the Mustang.