PDA

View Full Version : LMP2 @ 24h Le Mans: different power after pit stops

ProXy
06-09-2015, 20:01
Hello,

today I had my first invitation to 24h of Le Mans with LMP2. I set the length to 2 hours. Before I went to the pits for the first time the car managed to reach a top speed of 281kph. After the stop the car only reached 272kph. So I went to the pits again and afterwards the car reached the same speed as before. I'm driving without any damage (only cosmetic), so there should not be a difference.

I also tried to let the AI drive and this time the car easily reached 282kph and was stopped by the rev limiter. The telemetry screen showed a power increace when the AI was driving. Both times the car had the same fuel load and the same tires equipped.

Why does the power of the car change during a race?

Thank you.

Sasquatch
07-09-2015, 01:18
The only thing I've seemed to notice, I was using the Oreca Nissan, I had my own custom set up and when I was driving it - 6th gear had plenty of room. After an hour stint, I let the AI take over and it was 15-20mph less and banging the limiter on the Mulsanne. It went back to a default set up.

When I took over again, my set up applied and I was doing my normal speeds down the mulsanne. Not sure if samething.

hkraft300
07-09-2015, 01:51
AI are on a different physics/tire model than players, so there is a discrepancy.
But I've found a gradual decline in power (without overheating, but no temp indication in R18 so can't confirm but it had a 100% radiator) in Audi R18 TDI and Alpine, which gets fixed by a pit stop. I've also noticed (haven't confirmed) that even with only visual damage, there is a chance if you have a collision you will lose power.

graveltrap
07-09-2015, 08:44
Have you checked it is actually power that's going missing via the telemetry screen, reduced top speed is usually caused by unseen aero damage. This still doesn't which still make sense if you have only cosmetic damage working though!

I seem to remember from another thread like this that overheating doesn't reduce power but will lead to engine failure if those events are enabled.

hkraft300
07-09-2015, 09:22
Ye mate saw it on the telemetry screen (can't see power output anywhere else!). There was a gradual HP loss over a number of laps eg the R18 TDI without any collisions, 100% radiator and mech failures I lost about 60hp from start in ~9-10 laps - while driving with care ie short shifting etc

wowbaggerBR
08-09-2015, 10:54
Hello,

today I had my first invitation to 24h of Le Mans with LMP2. I set the length to 2 hours. Before I went to the pits for the first time the car managed to reach a top speed of 281kph. After the stop the car only reached 272kph. So I went to the pits again and afterwards the car reached the same speed as before. I'm driving without any damage (only cosmetic), so there should not be a difference.

I also tried to let the AI drive and this time the car easily reached 282kph and was stopped by the rev limiter. The telemetry screen showed a power increace when the AI was driving. Both times the car had the same fuel load and the same tires equipped.

Why does the power of the car change during a race?

Thank you.

In the morning, the air is cooler, which makes it more dense and this improves the power output of your engine. And the track has a lot more grip, which makes you go faster on corners as well.

In pCARS seems to be a little overdone.

ProXy
08-09-2015, 19:35
I did the race several times (due to ignoring track limits) and in my last try the car performance didn't change for the whole race. Telemetry showed the same power everytime, so I don't think that was the matter. We all know that the game still has a lot of bugs, so I guess the car was damaged even the damage was set to cosmetic.

The AI seems to use its own physics, maybe this is the reason why the car improved.

Shouldn't the physics be all the same for every car? There would be no need to slow down the AI in rain...