#4 snow storm
#5 blizzard
#6 sleet
#7 freezing rain
#8 freezing fog
#9 winter mix
#10 thunder snow
What do YOU all think of let idea ? answer yes or no
What kind weather do YOU hope to be added?
Are you happy with weather that have? I think it need more
It's a great game thank project cars

Mario Navarrete
07-09-2015, 03:36
This is already part of project cars 2. Not going to appear in pcars 1

Cheesenium
07-09-2015, 03:38
The question is, what the point of snow in a tarmac racing focused racing game?

If it is offroad racing, then, it is understandable. Unfortunately, offroad racing will not be part of pCARS 1 because there is a lot of work needed to develop offroad racing. What the current game has is insufficient to do offroad.

Beatminister
07-09-2015, 08:14
I'm happy with a nice dry track. But for those who can't get enough weather, here are some suggestions:

2" hail stones
Tornados
Blizzard
Tsunamis
Pyroclastic streams
:)

NemethR
07-09-2015, 08:21
And don't forget raining cats and dogs. - note: only virtual animals were harmed.

flymar
07-09-2015, 08:24
No.
I have my own list
+15 different kinds of clouds
+ randomized dawn/dusk color (not always orange)
+ weather fronts
+ localized rain
+ rain detached from clouds
+ wind

Beatminister
07-09-2015, 08:29
A rainbow would be nice, too.

Beatminister
07-09-2015, 08:30
Or a unicorn in the forest. :)

Paulo Ribeiro
07-09-2015, 09:14
Don't forget Godzila.

Beatminister
07-09-2015, 10:25
Yes, may be they make a Jurassic Park DLC. Some 4x4 cars, a track through jungle, and some T-Rex as obstacles. :)

TheReaper GT
07-09-2015, 10:29
Yes, may be they make a Jurassic Park DLC. Some 4x4 cars, a track through jungle, and some T-Rex as obstacles. :)

Wouldn't be legit without velociraptors, both types :D:D

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-09-2015, 10:31
The question is, what the point of snow in a tarmac racing focused racing game?The point is that this would be AWESOME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2g6sTSbxBU

Though you're absolutely right that it would require a massive amount of new tech. Snow, even heavily packed snow, is a loose surface, which requires a lot from the physics. We don't have snow tyres, which again would be a massive effort to develop so that they were realistic on snow and dry tarmac. We don't have studded tyres or mechanics for them either. It'd be really weird if they just went "Look, these summer tyres that normally only give you like 0.1 G of lateral grip on snow? We're just gonna treat them as if they're winter tyres." So no, I don't expect to see this one in pCARS 1, when from a physics point of view it's pretty much like making a whole new game. I really really wish to be able to do this eventually though, in some game. =)

Cheesenium
07-09-2015, 10:36
The point is that this would be AWESOME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2g6sTSbxBU

Though you're absolutely right that it would require a massive amount of new tech. Snow, even heavily packed snow, is a loose surface, which requires a lot from the physics. We don't have snow tyres, which again would be a massive effort to develop so that they were realistic on snow and dry tarmac. We don't have studded tyres or mechanics for them either. It'd be really weird if they just went "Look, these summer tyres that normally only give you like 0.1 G of lateral grip on snow? We're just gonna treat them as if they're winter tyres." So no, I don't expect to see this one in pCARS 1, when from a physics point of view it's pretty much like making a whole new game. I really really wish to be able to do this eventually though, in some game. =)

Damn it, Jussi, why you keep posting that video? Do you know how much I want to race on snow covered Nords in a Ruf Yellowbird? As if it is not suicidal enough.

If pCARS is doing this, it would be AWESOME. You could bring some offroad cars to drive on snow covered Nords or possibly any tracks. I agree we do not have the tech to do so, which is why I do not really want snow for now. If it is done properly, yes please.

Snow covered Bathrust would be even better!

nanucq
07-09-2015, 11:33
localized rain

This would be great, tracks like SPA Francorchamps deserve it !

07-09-2015, 12:02
Damn it, Jussi, why you keep posting that video?You know exactly why. ;)

Do you know how much I want to race on snow covered Nords in a Ruf Yellowbird? As if it is not suicidal enough. Not any more than I do, I assure you. =)

And indeed, snow is something that absolutely, categorically has to be done properly, which is why I'm not really hopeful for it ever featuring in pCARS, since the necessary tech requirements to do it right are massive. So much more than a texture swap and a couple of grip level changes...

o2R Dsquared 07
07-09-2015, 12:28
I'm quite happy for them to take away all weather leaving only a nice sunny day. That wasted energy on stuff I never use can be put to better use making the game smoother and better in other departments.

Franco Ferrari
07-09-2015, 12:56

Humm... we already have that one. :p

KkDrummer
07-09-2015, 13:01
"localized rain" would be my number 1 priority...

mkstatto
07-09-2015, 13:14
I don't think the weather is totally working as intended at the moment, or that's my experience of it. The track seems to dry to quickly regardless of the amount of rain that has fallen on the track, within a lap of the rain stopping it seems that you have to come in for dry tires.

flymar
07-09-2015, 13:23
Humm... we already have that one. :p
:D
should read - precipitation level independent of cloud cover level:) I would love to have rain + overcast . Or heavy dark storm clouds with just a few drops.
@mkstato - it's working like indended. But the drying time depends on Weather progress multiplier and I hope this could be improved to have it real time.

Roger Prynne
07-09-2015, 13:56
I'm quite happy for them to take away all weather leaving only a nice sunny day. That wasted energy on stuff I never use can be put to better use making the game smoother and better in other departments.

I think the weather is fantastic in pCARS...... sunrise/sunset, moody fog/rain etc, and the atmosphere is great.

flymar
07-09-2015, 14:03
Yeah. I'm deleting the game and starting to play some real deal... without those stupid clouds.
217610:)

o2R Dsquared 07
07-09-2015, 14:57
I think the weather is fantastic in pCARS...... sunrise/sunset, moody fog/rain etc, and the atmosphere is great.

I'm sure that's true but racing in non ideal conditions doesn't interest me at all. If I feel like living a little I might pop it on light cloud but that's my limit. For me the game would surely be better if there was only nice sunny day weather.

TheReaper GT
07-09-2015, 15:03
I'm sure that's true but racing in non ideal conditions doesn't interest me at all. If I feel like living a little I might pop it on light cloud but that's my limit. For me the game would surely be better if there was only nice sunny day weather.

Your opinion is totally relevant, however, racing not always happens in perfect conditions. if it's still safe, people will race. That's the beauty of this game, the ability to simulate a real life race both on physics and weather conditions. Example, after the Total 24h du Spa, I went to the game, did a 2hr race with fog, night, rain, blinding sunrise and sunset, pretty f******* awesome. :D

mkstatto
07-09-2015, 15:08
:D
@mkstato - it's working like indended. But the drying time depends on Weather progress multiplier and I hope this could be improved to have it real time.

That's a bit weird then, it may be explained that only race in career mode on 50%, so it maybe the case that the default weather multiplier is scaled or not working correctly.

rimajo
07-09-2015, 15:16
dont forget, a rainbow would be wonderful, also.http://wigunpics.science/13/g.png

Shawnman2005
18-09-2015, 03:27
i think it will be fun to race in snow And ice it will be fun fun i hope it happens

leithnow
18-09-2015, 03:48

I agree, weather is done very well, and should probably be the last thing to bother tweaking in Pcars 1 at this point...unless they want to add puddles at some point, but that's not really important either. Snow and ice will be tits for PCARS2 if they add off road and rally and stuff, but for track racing, meh... I don't think we should ask for more than we got for pcars 1, weather system is fantastic, and the added real world weather was an awesome addition, and has worked as intended for me as far as I can tell.

N0body Of The Goat
18-09-2015, 07:25
But when did you last see it snowing at ambient air 12C and then see it stick (rather) than melt on tarmac that is 16C? ;)

If I have got those numbers the right way around, these are the lowest temps we get in pCARS 1 currently... Use a road car, such as the Audi R8 V10 Plus, to see the air temp when it is raining at say 1st January 2016 @ 0200. ;)

I'd love to see the temp range widened to cover real life values through all the seasons, but I fear this will mean a lot of work for the devs, re-working all the tyre compounds etc. so I suspect this might be a feature for pCARS2.

Ralph B
18-09-2015, 09:17
I personally don't care about winter weather in pCars1. I think, we have enough realistic conditions. Snow and ice make no sense in a trackbased race sim. In reality there are no trackraces during the cold period for a good reason, so I don't need it in a sim either. It would be a shortlasting fun for a few hours, but no serios racesimmer will use that more than one or two times.

However, it will be part of pCars2. It still will be a mainly trackbased sim, but additionally we'll have some offroad tracks and rallycars. And even snow tracks will find their way into the successor of pCars1.

18-09-2015, 09:49
It would be a shortlasting fun for a few hours, but no serios racesimmer will use that more than one or two times.Please don't impose your definition of what a "serious sim racer" constitutes onto others, there are way too many people who would disagree with you.

I don't expect it for pCARS1, it's an insane amount of work to add it for pCARS1 at this point, but I'm really hoping it'll be in pCARS 2. I'd love to attack the tracks in the snow, both with street cars as well as with open-wheelers. Pirelli and Bridgestone have made snow/ice tyres for F1 cars in the past, I want to try those in a sim. And sims are indeed IMO the best place to handle this, since we don't have to care about the real life security constraints. =)

techenix00
18-09-2015, 10:40
it would be better if its a " WET " track but not actually raining.. i hate the rain effects (looks like a ton of needles falling down to your car) but i love the handling of the cars when the track is wet.
and also i want to see some of the race track in wet condition in the morning or sunset :D

Ralph B
18-09-2015, 12:16
Please don't impose your definition of what a "serious sim racer" constitutes onto others, there are way too many people who would disagree with you.

Sorry Jussi, didn't want to step onto someones toes. Was just my personal opinion. I partly forgot, that there are lots of gamers, that don't take it such serious like hardcore-racers like me. And of course they have their whishes as well - even they might differ from my expectations. I don't have a problem, if it's implemented. More options are never wrong.
However, I don't think, more weather condicions will ever come to pCars1 for technical reasons, exept there will be something like a merged install for pCars and pCarsII.

Shawnman2005
30-09-2015, 04:19
Will you never know anything can happen it is possible never say never
i. Am hope for race buses and School bus it will Not happen because it is call project cars so there not go to pickup trucks are suv i am hope i am wrong think it will be fun racing buses pickup trucks and suv and snow weather

30-09-2015, 04:51
However, I don't think, more weather condicions will ever come to pCars1 for technical reasons, exept there will be something like a merged install for pCars and pCarsII.Indeed, the amount of new code, assets and updates to just about everything in the engine basically rules it out from pCARS1.

NemethR
30-09-2015, 06:43
No.
I have my own list
+15 different kinds of clouds
+ randomized dawn/dusk color (not always orange)
+ weather fronts
+ localized rain
+ wind

I can confirm localised rain IS in the game.

Bealdor
30-09-2015, 06:56
I can confirm localised rain IS in the game.

No it isn't. Either it's raining on the whole track or not. ;)

NemethR
30-09-2015, 06:59
No it isn't. Either it's raining on the whole track or not. ;)

No it is not :)

We had multiple online races, where for a time (1-3 laps) on one part of the track it rained, while it did not on other parts.
For example: Laguna seca, raining on the Start/Finish line, but dry at the Corkscrew.
Maybe its a bug, but it is still there :D

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 07:02
No it is not :)

We had multiple online races, where for a time (1-3 laps) on one part of the track it rained, while it did not on other parts.
For example: Laguna seca, raining on the Start/Finish line, but dry at the Corkscrew.
Maybe its a bug, but it is still there :D

That's just high weather advance. You managed to caught the rain when it started or ended in different parts of the track.

NemethR
30-09-2015, 07:09
That's just high weather advance. You managed to caught the rain when it started or ended in different parts of the track.

Not really :)
People were reporting it is raining at the Start/finish, but it did not rain at the crokscrew.
And it was like this for at least 2 laps.

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 07:14
People were reporting it is raining at the Start/finish, but it did not rain at the crokscrew.
Strange, awesome and strange

N0body Of The Goat
30-09-2015, 07:29

Any chance you have reproducible date/time/weather/race length settings for this? Sounds interesting!

Demand570
19-11-2017, 03:46
Ive asked this when it came out about having a rainbow under the right conditions cause I was playing Forza 7 at Daytona and it went from being clear to heavy clouds and before sunset a double rainbow appeared,first thought was why doesnt PC2 have this,but agree with you on this one...