PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars : Beautiful but disappointment of content

seb02
07-09-2015, 08:34
Project cars is beautiful, it's true. But i have a big disappointment of content.
- Not enough WTCC car. It's a real championship also.
- Miss too licences : Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Lambo....
- One only DTM cars, One only gt5, one only TC2, One only Sauber C9.... Class are not completed excepted gt3 ( miss lambo, ferrari. nissan)
- No Season Mode with custom championship ( choice cars, tracks, IA..... )
- Waiting for NAscar, INdycar, OVals.....
- Too historic cars, it must be cheap.

I hope the content get better.....

Cheesenium
07-09-2015, 09:00
Here we go again.

You are only look at it the half glass full. What about the 9 cars grid for GT3s? 4 cars grid for GT4? LMP1 that have 4 cars now? LMP900 has 3 models? LMP2 that has 4 models? Various road classes (A,B,C1) that has multiple cars in each class, except C2 and D is a bit sparse? 3 cars Group A? 4 cars in Historic B? Lastly, many classes like GT1, Group 5, Trans Am and so on has 2 cars that offer acceptable variety. I wont say it is the most expansive car list but this game offers tremendous amount of variety of cars to drive where even till now, I still havent fully explored every car's little details in the game. Not to forget that future DLCs that will further expand the car list in the game.

No game at the moment has complete grid for all their GT3s because of licensing issues. Same goes for DTM, as you need to obtain a separate DTM license to have the other 2 DTM cars in the game. SMS isnt a huge wealthy developer who can afford every license. Even if they are obtaining more licenses, I rather see brands like SCG, RWB or Reiter made race cars than brands like Lamborghini.

No, historic cars arent cheap as they came with their respective license. Just because you do not like them, it doesnt mean they dont belong in the game. SMS made GT Legends in the past which I am glad they are keeping the classic cars in the game. These classic cars needs a very different driving style compared to modern machines which made it a challenge to drive. Historic content is meant to provide gameplay variety to further expand the game's replayibility, not solely to pad the game with content. Give them a try, you'll surprised that you might like them.

Custom championship tool would be nice, though.

seb02
07-09-2015, 09:08
You are false, i like historic cars but one only wtcc is not enough. Idem for the DTM, idem for the V8 supercars Australian. The Game is nice but lot of things miss for me. 2 Trans Am, it's not enough also. 3 or 4 cars per class is correct.

Paulo Ribeiro
07-09-2015, 09:09
Project cars is beautiful, it's true. But i have a big disappointment of content.
- Not enough WTCC car. It's a real championship also.
- Miss too licences : Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Lambo....
- One only DTM cars, One only gt5, one only TC2, One only Sauber C9.... Class are not completed excepted gt3 ( miss lambo, ferrari. nissan)
- No Season Mode with custom championship ( choice cars, tracks, IA..... )
- Waiting for NAscar, INdycar, OVals.....
- Too historic cars, it must be cheap.

I hope the content get better.....

Nosense.

seb02
07-09-2015, 09:13
Nosense.

For you maybe

Franco Ferrari
07-09-2015, 09:22
For you maybe

You can't have more than one DTM car in a game, unless you call the whole game "DTM something" and have any other car type in it.
This is a licensing limitation imposed by the DTM management.

Anyway... from the tone of your postings (language barrier taken into consideration) you sound like the type of guy who would complain even if all the classes or brands you mentioned have been already present.
My impression is that you would complain even for the lack of Truck Racing from the Banana Joe movie.
http://www.zappinternet.com/video/kohHsaBjiB/Truck+Race+-+Banana+Joe+%281981%29/

seb02
07-09-2015, 09:27
You can't have more than one DTM car in a game, unless you call the whole game "DTM something" and have any other car type in it.
This is a licensing limitation imposed by the DTM management.

Anyway... from the tone of your postings (language barrier taken into consideration) you sound like the type of guy who would complain even if all the classes or brands you mentioned have been already present.
My impression is that you would complain even for the lack of Truck Racing from the Banana Joe movie.
http://www.zappinternet.com/video/kohHsaBjiB/Truck+Race+-+Banana+Joe+%281981%29/

You are unpleasant, you know. It 's my opinion and you must respect it. If you are happy with Project cars and that you find it's perfect, it's your point of view.

KK78
07-09-2015, 09:45
I bought a racing game* once, it didn't have all the cars I wanted.

* All racing games.

In short, and with respect, if you have a view which is so definitively subjective perhaps don't expect it to be taken seriously. Everyone could highlight cars and classes they would like in the game, not everyone feels the need to post it (there's a thread for car suggestions)

seb02
07-09-2015, 09:55
Can you explain me my view is so subjective ? There is no custom championship, it's a fact. There is class who have one only car, it 's a fact. We waiting for Ovals, indycar, Nascar, it's a fact also. Explain me please

Cheesenium
07-09-2015, 09:55
I bought a racing game* once, it didn't have all the cars I wanted.

There is a reason why I am playing pCARS along with a few other racing games too, like Assetto Corsa, Race Room, Dirt Rally and Eurotruck Sim: All these games does fill in the weakness of another game.

Like how AC has their own list of GTs, Group A, Group C and a different of road cars. Also, I play it for P4/5 in AC which is a license that I hope we will get in pCARS. Dirt Rally for offroad content which we wont see in pCARS until the sequel many years from now. Race Room for their expanded touring cars with DTM, WTCC and huge list of Group A, Group 5 and also their unique list of GT3s. Eurotruck Sim? That game is for some relaxing drives around miniature Europe.

I dont believe in one game rules them all. I rather play other games to experience different interpretations of racing by different developer, it is interesting as each game has it's own pros and cons to me.

Can you explain me my view is so subjective ? There is no custom championship, it's a fact. There is class who have one only car, it 's a fact. We waiting for Ovals, indycar, Nascar, it's a fact also. Explain me please

Firstly, whats with the harsh tone in your posts? Please respect other members.

Why isnt your view subjective? Not you what you said is objective while everyone has different opinions which no one has any obligations to agree with your opinion.

So, there are classes with single car, what can you do about it? And which racing game doesnt have cars with single class? Not every developers can afford every license out there as much as I like those classes to have more cars. Also, some classes like Clio Cups or M1 Procar, they are meant to be a single car class in real life.

Be patient, ovals and Indy are still in development.

seb02
07-09-2015, 10:09
About Assetto COrsa, they get toyota official license. On Project Cars, we haven't any news. they do what ? I dont' ask off road for example because i know project cars don't have. But they must fill class they have. I m sorry but one only car in a class, for me, it's not acceptable. It's my opinion

seb02
07-09-2015, 10:11
i repeat, Project cars is a good game but i dont' like content, it's all.

TrevorAustin
07-09-2015, 10:17
You are unpleasant, you know. It 's my opinion and you must respect it. If you are happy with Project cars and that you find it's perfect, it's your point of view.

Nope wrong, I don't HAVE to respect your opinion at all. Especially when it is put so badly.

You knew exactly what was in the game when you purchased it, or you could have done with minimal effort, so if it is as bad for you as it appears why did you waste your money?

seb02
07-09-2015, 10:20
Nope wrong, I don't HAVE to respect your opinion at all. Especially when it is put so badly.

You knew exactly what was in the game when you purchased it, or you could have done with minimal effort, so if it is as bad for you as it appears why did you waste your money?

If you believe you are rignt, it's your problem. Me, i heard people and even if i disagree with you, i respect them. You aren't intelligent, it's not your fault.

flymar
07-09-2015, 10:20

Subjective is not a bad thing. No custom championship, ovals or car classes are facts. But the importance of it is your opinion.

I wonder why you've bought the game if it doesn't have content that suites you.

BTW isn't that cool that we have something to wait for?:)

seb02
07-09-2015, 10:24
Subjective is not a bad thing. No custom championship, ovals or car classes are facts. But the importance of it is your opinion.

I wonder why you've bought the game if it doesn't have content that suites you.

BTW isn't that cool that we have something to wait for?:)

Yes when we have something to wait for is nice. And i bought this game because i like racing game, that's all.

Cheesenium
07-09-2015, 10:33
If you believe you are rignt, it's your problem. Me, i heard people and even if i disagree with you, i respect them. You aren't intelligent, it's not your fault.

Your tone suggests otherwise on everything you wrote.

Please respect other members and refrain of insulting other people.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-09-2015, 10:44
- One only DTM cars, One only gt5Be glad there is even that one modern DTM car, it's a bloody miracle even that exists. Yeah, having all of them would be nice, but it's much better to have one of them than none of them. Especially since it's a spec class anyway, all cars using the same chassis with different body panels, and very tight engine regulations...

And with regard to the single GT5, the series only has that single car in that class in real life as well, there are no others to put there. GT5 isn't really a "class" like GT3 and GT4 are. Ginetta runs the Ginetta GT5 Challenge which is a single manufacturer series for the Ginetta G40 (G20s also take part in the races in an even lower class). The name "GT5" has as never been applied to a category of GT racing with multiple manufacturers and cars in it, not at least as far as I've ever seen.

Bealdor
07-09-2015, 10:46
You are false, i like historic cars but one only wtcc is not enough. Idem for the DTM, idem for the V8 supercars Australian. The Game is nice but lot of things miss for me. 2 Trans Am, it's not enough also. 3 or 4 cars per class is correct.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion mate. So you can't say that someone is wrong when he's just expressing it. Posting your opinion as a fact on the other hand is not the right thing to do.

And this is not how we communicate here. Leave out the personal remarks and drop the harsh tone please.

TrevorAustin
07-09-2015, 10:55

OK, you managed the insult, now how about answering the question you've been asked several times, why did you buy the game?

AB_Attack
07-09-2015, 11:00
I rather see brands like SCG, RWB or Reiter made race cars than brands like Lamborghini.
Before I was clamoring for Ferrari and Lambourgini and such, but now I don't know. Maybe we can actually do without them. If they have rules that make their use in games near impossible then so be it, lets race the other brands and give them our attention instead.

I so hope for the touring car list to grow and modern DTM (and liveries). I wish they expand on existing classes now an not introduce more separate cars.

Be glad there is even that one modern DTM car, it's a bloody miracle even that exists.
Why is that a miracle? :(

seb02
07-09-2015, 11:04
You make me laugh. Others can Attack me and me i van t answer.

seb02
07-09-2015, 11:11
OK, you managed the insult, now how about answering the question you've been asked several times, why did you buy the game?

I answered, read my posts.

Cheesenium
07-09-2015, 11:17
Before I was clamoring for Ferrari and Lambourgini and such, but now I don't know. Maybe we can actually do without them. If they have rules that make their use in games near impossible then so be it, lets race the other brands and give them our attention instead.

I so hope for the touring car list to grow and modern DTM (and liveries). I wish they expand on existing classes now an not introduce more separate cars.

I know people will roast me into grilled cheese for saying Lamborghini is kinda useless for pCARS if you are looking for interesting vehicles to add to the game, instead of brands. What had Lamborghini done in motorsports in the past? Their motorsports cars are largely from 90s to now which if you compared to Ferrari, Jaguar or Nissan, they have comparably long motorsports history that will expand weaker classes like Group C, Group 5, Trans Am and so on.

Lamborghini has some beautiful cars where some of my favorites, like Gallardo and Diablo are possibly my favourite cars while cars like Sesto Elemento and a Huracan Super Thofeo are great in adding new driving experience to the game. It just that from the stand point of filling up classes and adding more variety, it is a bit lacking in that aspect.

I wont say no to a Lamborghini Pack so if SMS obtained that license, I will still buy it.

There are a lot more license out there that adds more value to the game than some brands. Brands like Chevrolet, Jaguar, Mazda, Nissan will do more good in expanding existing class, IMO. For me, I think brands like Toyota(if it doesnt come with Lexus and Scion), Honda, Lamborghini, Dodge and so on are what I called "nice to have" brands.

I really wont mind to see existing car brands like Ford, Audi or BMW has their license expanded in the game, as some upcoming cars like Renault Laguna BTCC do need some mates to expand their class.

I think the key with pCARS is, they do not really need to license every single brands on earth as they add variety via different classes of vehicles. We need to enrich those single car classes than solely aiming for more brands for the sake of having more logos on the car selection screen.

Sankyo
07-09-2015, 11:25
So basically this is another car request thread in disguise, right? :)

balderz002
07-09-2015, 11:30
Sounds a bit more 'troll-y' than that to me.........

Sankyo
07-09-2015, 11:35
Sounds a bit more 'troll-y' than that to me.........

Not every complaint or opinion is trolling, I think we need to ban that word here as it's used way too often :)

Whether it's really necessary to post every opinion or complaint is another question, of course.

flymar
07-09-2015, 11:35

Yes.
And custom championship request - and for this I give +1:)
With ballast, Standing by Q/ prev race / prev race reversed / championship standing / championship standing reversed , with choice of weather and time of every event:)

seb02
07-09-2015, 11:39
Everybody's entitled to their opinion mate. So you can't say that someone is wrong when he's just expressing it. Posting your opinion as a fact on the other hand is not the right thing to do.

And this is not how we communicate here. Leave out the personal remarks and drop the harsh tone please.

Tell that To other people also.

seb02
07-09-2015, 11:58
Not every complaint or opinion is trolling, I think we need to ban that word here as it's used way too often :)

Whether it's really necessary to post every opinion or complaint is another question, of course.

thanks for your message; pffff

seb02
07-09-2015, 12:00
We must tell project car is the best racing game never done. it's a forum, i can say my opinion no ? you aren't agree ok but i think what i want.

Bealdor
07-09-2015, 12:05
We must tell project car is the best racing game never done. it's a forum, i can say my opinion no ? you aren't agree ok but i think what i want.

Of course you can voice your opinion but you shouldn't state it as a fact and then wonder why other members disagree with you.
It's not about what you're saying (everybody would like to see more cars and nobody would be unhappy about a custom championship mode) but how you say it.

seb02
07-09-2015, 12:08

And him, he respected me ?

seb02
07-09-2015, 12:08
Of course you can voice your opinion but you shouldn't state it as a fact and then wonder why other members disagree with you.
It's not about what you're saying (everybody would like to see more cars and nobody would be unhappy about a custom championship mode) but how you say it.

Watch how the guy talk me also , ok ?

Bealdor
07-09-2015, 12:13
All I can see is that he's questioning that you're respecting other's opinions and that he asks you to not insult other members.

seb02
07-09-2015, 12:17
[QUOTE=Bealdor;1111880]All I can see is that he's questioning that you're respecting other's opinions and that he asks you to not insult other members.[/

you see that you want to see.

seb02
07-09-2015, 12:21
[QUOTE=Bealdor;1111880]All I can see is that he's questioning that you're respecting other's opinions and that he asks you to not insult other members.[/

And when he says " nosense" ? the guy had 2 accounts, he attacks with the first and answer with the second. good idea

o2R Dsquared 07
07-09-2015, 12:22
My opinion is that PCars has too much content. There's not enough time to fully explore it all. Please can we remove some cars and tracks from the game.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-09-2015, 12:23
LamborghiniThe only thing Lambo really misses is the vintage racing machinery. They didn't really have their own racing cars until the mid to late 90s, and even then it was basically two versions of a racing Diablo, which ran in a single-make series.

After the 90s though things gets a lot more interesting, particularly when Reiter really started to work on Lambos. They made several versions of the Diable and Murcielago for GT1 racing, as well as several versions of the Gallardo for GT2 and GT3. Now we also have the Huracan GT3, and as a very interesting car there's the Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo racing car which races in Lambo's own single-make series. It is one of the few modern circuit racers that feature all wheel drive. The power and weight are close to GT3 spec, though downforce is lower (yay!), it would be a very interesting single-make series to have.

And obviously Lambo has a massive range of interesting road cars, both vintage and new. So a Lambo license could be great, it'd have the possibility of getting a lot of interesting road cars, very relevant racing machinery for some of our established classes, and a couple of opportunities for really interesting single-make classes (that were like that in real life as well). Heck, just the "add to our existing lineups" thing would be worth it, considering how many people keep whining about having so many series with only one cars in them (which looking at the actual stats seems to really be limited to only the open-wheelers).

Bealdor
07-09-2015, 12:27

No, I'm seeing what you unfortunately fail to see.

And when he says " nosense" ? the guy had 2 accounts, he attacks with the first and answer with the second. good idea

Yeah, sure. Sorry mate but you're wrong with this accusation. And that's not my opinion, that's a fact.

Closed.