PDA

View Full Version : RGT-8 German Cup problem

Road-Kill
07-09-2015, 13:09
I am in my fourth career race of the German Cup which is 33 laps. I see no way to start the race with more than 60 l fuel, which is not sufficient for the race. I tried editing the pit setup, but that only changes the amount of gas I would receive in a fill-up and does not change the starting amount of fuel. In the class of race I am in there is no refueling during pit stops.

The only way I see to proceed is to shorten the session number of laps, which I am loathe to do. Is this the only option???

Am I doing something wrong in the RGT-8 German Cup???

Thanx in advance

Donald

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-09-2015, 13:37
Save a setup for the car outside of the race session (somewhere in the game menus) with enough fuel for the race.

Road-Kill
07-09-2015, 14:22
All I can find in the menus is My Garage where I can edit the setup but fuel is not a variable there. The only way to change fuel is in the pit strategy after entering career but If I try to edit pit setup it defaults to 60l and I can not change that value. Only the value I would get in a pit stop changes. I searched the manual using the keyword fuel but that didn't help...

Donald

Bealdor
07-09-2015, 14:27
You have to change your fuel in the tuning setup, not in your pit strategy. You can switch between different setup pages with those little arrows on top (IIRC LB/RB when using a gamepad).

07-09-2015, 14:30
All I can find in the menus is My Garage where I can edit the setup but fuel is not a variable there. The only way to change fuel is in the pit strategy after entering career but If I try to edit pit setup it defaults to 60l and I can not change that value. Only the value I would get in a pit stop changes. I searched the manual using the keyword fuel but that didn't help...

DonaldYou can indeed change the fuel in My Garage. The fuel amounts (and a few other settings) are available on this page:

Road-Kill
07-09-2015, 16:32
Well Stupid me missed the arrow that enabled me to go past the first setup screen. However your prompt reply led me to discover that the max fuel load that can be put in the RGT-8 is 64 liters. The pit stop setting allows up to a 120 l fuel load.

By careful driving I was able to stretch 60l to thirty laps, but that left me three short of the complete race. I was leading when I ran out of gas.

I am flummoxed.

Is this a bug?

Thanx in advance

Donald

07-09-2015, 16:36
I think you may be confusing the RGT-8 and the RGT-8 GT3. The RGT-8, road car, has a 64 liter fuel tank, whereas the RGT-8 GT3, a GT3 racing car, has a 120 liter tank. The RGT-8 German Cup uses the GT3 racing car.

hkraft300
08-09-2015, 01:47
Either way, drive slower and save some digital fuel to make the distance ;)
A change of gear ratios in a Radical RX at Zhuhai drops the fuel consumption from ~1.8 to ~1.7 litres/lap. Over a course of 30 laps, that's almost an extra 1.5 laps of fuel while driving aggressively (let's face it, the Radicals are no Sunday cruiser)

Paulpg87
08-09-2015, 09:00
I am in my fourth career race of the German Cup which is 33 laps. I see no way to start the race with more than 60 l fuel, which is not sufficient for the race. I tried editing the pit setup, but that only changes the amount of gas I would receive in a fill-up and does not change the starting amount of fuel. In the class of race I am in there is no refueling during pit stops.

The only way I see to proceed is to shorten the session number of laps, which I am loathe to do. Is this the only option???

Am I doing something wrong in the RGT-8 German Cup???

Thanx in advance

Donald

I think you've missed some parts of the game... like the tuning section in which you can set fuel and the fact that you are using a gt3 car that has a tank which goes up to 120L

Road-Kill
09-09-2015, 01:57
The tab that lets you scroll to the fuel section of tuning isn't very obvious. I did search for "fuel" in the manual but that didn't help.

But my bad, I was confusing the RGT-8 for the RGT-8 GT3. Finally increased my fuel load and won the race. It does have a 120 l tank.

Thanx to all who responded....