PDA

View Full Version : Autokick of Users with High-Ping

Snoopy
07-09-2015, 14:16
Hi Board,

i want to realize following...

The Server will check the Connections of Drivers.
If the Answer-Time of User(s) is higher than X, the Server will kick him automatically.

The Checks (i think) will/can be realized bei Shell-Script.

But can i also send a Kick-Order to the API out of a Shell Script?
If yes, how?

thmxvr
07-09-2015, 23:13
For now it is possible through the HTTP API but a shell script is not the easiest way to implement this.
With update 4.0 and the DS update that comes with it it should be a simple Lua script.

thmxvr
07-09-2015, 23:13
For now it is possible through the HTTP API but a shell script is not the easiest way to implement this.
With update 4.0 and the DS update that comes with it it should be a simple Lua script.

Kunal_Racedriver
08-09-2015, 13:27
I thought stable high ping is much better than low but varying ping. People across continents will always have 200+ pings and auto kick based just on numbers seems a bit drastic to me.

Mahjik
08-09-2015, 13:38
I thought stable high ping is much better than low but varying ping. People across continents will always have 200+ pings and auto kick based just on numbers seems a bit drastic to me.

Yes, to a point. A stable connection/ping is typically better than one which spikes around. However, a stable 400-500 isn't necessarily better than one which is around 100 and spikes occasionally to 300. A stable 200-250 though is good (but stable lower is always better).

surtic86
10-09-2015, 09:08
I had made a easy PHP Script for Snoopy to get ride of this.

Also im working right now on the Issue to kick Cars who are Standing Still on the Raceline. And i want also to catch Rammers and Kick / Ban them.

Xionax
27-09-2015, 23:26

Also im working right now on the Issue to kick Cars who are Standing Still on the Raceline. And i want also to catch Rammers and Kick / Ban them.

Sounds great and i'm working on the same. However I couldnt find anything on a ban/kick option in the api. How did you manage this?

surtic86
28-09-2015, 08:55
Kick is over "/api/session/kick?refid=USERREFID"

erickgoldner
28-09-2015, 14:55

But are you using it with the Lua script or the http api ?

surtic86
29-09-2015, 10:14
http api there was no lua

xxTheGoDxx
30-09-2015, 21:52

Auto kicking is completely normal in actuality in big online games with dedicated servers. Most popular Battlefield or Counterstrike server are set up to kick players over 100ms and those are games were high ping isn't even close to be as devastating to the other players as in racing. I just came out of a session if 20 minutes practise, 30 min. qualifying only to have half the players smashed off the tracks on start by two high pingers.

I agree that a stable ping is more important but both a low ping (for shooters IMO it should be at least below 70 or 80, don't know about racers) and stable (let's say below 20 ms fluctuation again for shooters).

I don't think playing across continents is a good idea at all.

cogent
04-10-2015, 12:57
Ping Limit is now added to PCDSG 0.97.
Value for Ping Limit can be set in Race Control Window.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31634-Project-Cars-Dedicated-Server-GUI-Launcher-with-%93live-timing%93-(results-timetable-)/page19

It works good, users will be removed if ping > Ping Limit.
You can test it by setting the Ping Limit for example to 1.
But the best will be if this will be managed by the game, LFS is a good example how to handle ping issues.

Sheldon
06-10-2015, 02:25
Is there a vote to kick option while in a race so we can kick players with too high of ping or people who think Pcars is destruction derby?