PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stop Strategy - Tyre Pressure Adjustment

miagi
07-09-2015, 14:47
Hello,
I'd like to request something for the next patch if it's still possible. I have a little problem with the way the tire pressure on pit stops is handled. My problem is, I have created few Pit Stop Strategies that pretty much cover everything I need.

As an example:
New Tires
Tire + Repiar
Tire & Fuel
Fuel + Repair
Full Service
Wet Tires
Full Repair Only
Drive Thru (Penalty)

Those setups were created on car X and some of them created and last time used on car Y. All cars need different tire pressures. Now the problem is, when I going into a race with car Z, I need to adjust by hand, all the tire pressures in all the strategies to prepare them for the next race. Esp. in "Drive thru" what is supposed to do nothing, last time I tried it, happened to me that they changed my tire pressures because it was created with another car.

This will always be a problem with the way it is done in the pit stop strategy UI. The UI asks for a specific tire pressure, that is most likely different on any track and any car, often asymmetrical too.
It would spare me time if the UI ask for a tire pressure change in the pit stop strategy screen. That way I could set the pressure change to 0.0 bar (so basically tell the mechanics to not touch the tire pressure) and keep and use my strategies for all the cars in the game.

I set my tire pressure before the race and only very rarely want to change them on pit stops. When I want to change my tire pressure in the pits, it is for a specific reasons, for example a 24h race simulation where I drive into the colder night or the other way around. Then a tire pressure change might come in handy. Such 24h race simulations require additional work and more testing, so it is not a problem here to creat a specific pit stop strategy for that event.

This change would save me time and the annoying duty to go thru all of my strategies before every TGC race. Yesterday on the TGC race, I forgot (didn't had time) to adjust my strategies before the race, what basically meant that I couldn't do a pit stop :(

So please please please, could that change be possible?

Pamellaaa
07-09-2015, 15:00
Nice idea Miagi, it would certainly mean that having a number of presets that would work globally would be a lot easier to achieve, at this stage I have given up with planning things and just base whatever I want off default, do it on the fly and usually lose a bit of time while I close the menus. This would be a (presumably) simple change to implement and would make life a lot easier in a lot of circumstances!

Tricky
07-09-2015, 16:06
Yes that would be a very useful change. Would also be nice if presets like you have setup were available by default too.

Timmynator
07-09-2015, 16:56
Sounds like a good idea.

I wonder if it might be worth adding a "scroll" feature to the pit stop screen at the same time? Since most wheels seem to have a D-pad / joystick nowadays, having little left/right arrows to quickly change strategies make sense to me. Plus, if everything else fails you could left/right them with the keyboard or even mouse...

At the risk of derailing the original idea: I'd appreciate the opportunity to set my pit strategies without having to enter a practice / race session, e.g. having them in my garage screen just under the setup options like it is in the practice lobbies would be fine.

miagi
07-09-2015, 18:18
Scrolling in pCARS ... http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff233/12AnimeFan12/Other/Emoticons/OnionHead69.gif

But not needing to load a track into practice or quali to change pit stop strat. would be handy.

Mirko Tartarotti
07-09-2015, 18:37
I'd like to have a strategy in which I could modify tyre pressure by differential ( from the initial value I've set at the start) instead of absolute values.

miagi
07-09-2015, 18:47
I'd like to have a strategy in which I could modify tyre pressure by differential ( from the initial value I've set at the start) instead of absolute values.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about :)

thegt500
07-09-2015, 21:48
In an ideal situation, the strategy for the car you are using should be automatically saved and applied from your default settings in 'my garage'.
Example of what I mean : You set car X in my garage to 2.10 bar front, 2.00 bar rear for tyre pressures. You also set what grade of tyre, soft, medium, wet etc that is applicable or allowable for the chosen car. When you go to the track, what ever you have set initially automatically gets used as your strategy. There's no having to change tyre pressures like there is at present (which are always incorrect) as these should be set and saved. The +/- pressure adjustment is a great idea as long as your initial setup is remembered making 'on the fly' adjustment decisions as you enter pit lane quicker and easier.
Sure, you can set your pitstop strategy before a race whilst in practice sessions, but why are the pressures always way off what they should be?
The only decisions you should need to make are tyre grade or pressures when you enter the pits, both of which are dependant on the current weather or temperature which cannot be foreseen at the start of a session.
My other bugbear is liveries : every time I change session or game mode, the livery selection changes to random ! If I choose a livery in my garage, that should be saved and every time you pick that car, whatever the game mode be it offline or online, that's the one you get. The game remembers your FFB and suspension set up, why should liveries and tyre pressures / grades be any different ?

NemethR
08-09-2015, 06:17
Totally agree with you Miagi, on that.
Also would be nice, if you ould chande Front tires only.
Saves a lot of time, and for example in the Clio, you really only need to change the fronts.