PDA

View Full Version : Really don't need pit crew animation! :)

NavyFlipper HUN
07-09-2015, 21:24
It's take too much resources...need other areas those resources in the game! ...as I think.

It is my opinion!

HEF51
07-09-2015, 21:29
Don't need it cause they don't even work correctly still.

SUBGTRACER
07-09-2015, 22:23
Same point for the flag system , get rid of that 2 because it is useless .

Ch1ps N Queso
07-09-2015, 22:26
Don't need it. Don't want it.

Fix the bugs before adding fluff.

Mrbrown33
07-09-2015, 22:44
I would like to see the pit crews and also like the flag system, for me its making the game more realistic. I do agree that, more work is needed in other areas of the game first.

Plato99
08-09-2015, 11:23
NOOOOOOOO !!!

A proper marshall's flag system would be brilliant. Penalties for overtaking under yellows, black flags, stop/go's, and red flags for big accidents. Sounds ace !!!

Dynomight Motorsports
08-09-2015, 12:57
NOOOOOOOO !!!

A proper marshall's flag system would be brilliant. Penalties for overtaking under yellows, black flags, stop/go's, and red flags for big accidents. Sounds ace !!!
Sounds like more things to go wrong to me... They still haven't got the corner cut penalties right, and you want to add more penalties.. That will be the day.. Besides the AI never get's penalties, so you can have fun with that!

Plato99
08-09-2015, 14:24
Would be nice to have proper working yellows and greens at least though surely?
I mean, do you actually enjoy bombing through Eau Rouge to discover a car on it's roof at Radillon ?!!
It's ruined many a good race for me! A yellow flag would at least tell me to jump on the brakes.......

Fractured Life
08-09-2015, 18:19
Would be nice to have proper working yellows and greens at least though surely?
I mean, do you actually enjoy bombing through Eau Rouge to discover a car on it's roof at Radillon ?!!
It's ruined many a good race for me! A yellow flag would at least tell me to jump on the brakes.......

Yellows mean Cole Trickle that shit!!! :)

Mr Akina
09-09-2015, 09:28
You already drive through other peoples jack man on some tracks, with a pit crew in the pit lane too, it would be even worse.

Akra
09-09-2015, 09:49
If you're like me and only really use it for career mode (I know most aren't like me), you'll barely be aware of a flag system. I've never ever seen a yellow flag in my whole career history. I've seen 1 green flag (without a yellow before it), and the blue flags are completely wrong during qualifying and you'll get them no matter what car is behind you even if you're on a fast lap and they're on an in lap. So currently, offline, the flags don't add anything and are often completely wrong.

I will swap flags for setups that save.

Mr Akina
09-09-2015, 11:03
If you're like me and only really use it for career mode (I know most aren't like me), you'll barely be aware of a flag system. I've never ever seen a yellow flag in my whole career history. I've seen 1 green flag (without a yellow before it), and the blue flags are completely wrong during qualifying and you'll get them no matter what car is behind you even if you're on a fast lap and they're on an in lap. So currently, offline, the flags don't add anything and are often completely wrong.

I'm the same. I've hit tons of race wrecking debris, but never seen a yellow

Plato99
09-09-2015, 11:31
Maybe we can have a working horn in 4.0 so they'll move?

Raven403
09-09-2015, 11:36
Yeah, rather see pit stops actually work first

And the flag system in MP work

I'd like to see the pit animation but it's at the bottom of the list of 'wants'

Blue Dragon
09-09-2015, 19:14
Wasn't PCars marketed with pit animations in mind? Even the trailer(that shows everytime you start the game) shows pit animations, IIRC.

Talk about an unfinished product....

NavyFlipper HUN
09-09-2015, 21:07
If I want to get some realistic feeling...I just go to the local race center I pay some money, I get some lower class race car for few hours and that is the realism! :D
If I just sit in the room front of the television...it's just a game/simulation. Don't need pit crew!...btw in the room my "pit crew" is my girlfriend! :D

Ixoye56
09-09-2015, 21:16
Don't need it. Don't want it.

Fix the bugs before adding fluff.

Agree to 100%, it would be nice to start driving career at some point.

Bealdor
09-09-2015, 21:35
Agree to 100%, it would be nice to start driving career at some point.

Yeah, let the animation artists code up a fix for the XB1 setup saving bug. :rolleyes:

ONT
10-09-2015, 05:00
Pit crew animation before manual driving in pit area in a racing SIM.

Plato99
10-09-2015, 09:44
If I want to get some realistic feeling...I just go to the local race center I pay some money, I get some lower class race car for few hours and that is the realism! :D
If I just sit in the room front of the television...it's just a game/simulation. Don't need pit crew!...btw in the room my "pit crew" is my girlfriend! :D

Hope she's more careful with your nuts than the PCars pit crew....

Konan
15-09-2015, 14:49

I completely agree...i'm an offline player too and i find it very frustrating that i never see a yellow flag!
On the VERY RARE occasions the AI have a crash,there is never a flag in sight...
The blue flag on the other hand is frustrating for beeing there too often!
The flag system is "under investigation"they say,but to me it looks like it's becoming a "cold case"
For us offline players the AI is very important so it needs to be as realistic as possible...
Occasional crashes,DNF's,them getting penalties too,performance loss after hitting an obstacle and last but not least the flag system beeing accurate would resolve all this...
Let's hope it will happen some day.........

For the pit crew:would like to see animated pit crew in time....other issues need to be adressed first imo

NavyFlipper HUN
15-09-2015, 16:08
This "game" is not for offline cruise...it is a RaceSimulator.

Forza, Need for speed, drive club, etc... are for the offline gamers.

We've been waiting a long time for this simulator... for You who are like the career mode there are the games (nfs, forza, etc...) please guys...don't spoil this game with "better career mode pleeeeease" and "more street cars pleeeease"
Try the online game at some online racing league...You'll enjoy it! I'm sure!

Sincerely
NavyFlipper HUN
Head of a hungarian online racing league

Konan
15-09-2015, 16:19
This "game" is not for offline cruise...it is a RaceSimulator.

Forza, Need for speed, drive club, etc... are for the offline gamers.

We've been waiting a long time for this simulator... for You who are like the career mode there are the games (nfs, forza, etc...) please guys...don't spoil this game with "better career mode pleeeeease" and "more street cars pleeeease"
Try the online game at some online racing league...You'll enjoy it! I'm sure!

Sincerely
NavyFlipper HUN
head of a hungarian online racing league!

Excuse me?
I actually hate most off the titles you mentioned!
Some off you online racers really think you're everything!
Offline cruising??? You're joking right?!!
I paid for the game,i buy all dlc and have no need to pay extra to go online!from what i allready read on this forum it's more like destruction derby anyway!
If it was for online only,they shouldn't have put a career mode in the game...
I have as much rights to ask for anything than you online racers!

NavyFlipper HUN
15-09-2015, 16:31
Yeah Konan You are right some point!
Maybe would have been better if there is no career mode and the online part of the game would be 100% :)
But we got this game how we got...it is what it is we try to enjoy!
You are right, I'm right...we can not do anything in this moment. We can only wait and hope!
Sorry if I've hurt You or anyone else...I wont. I'm also dissapointment of the game but I hope and I wish You the best about the game!

Konan
15-09-2015, 16:39
Yeah Konan You are right some point!
Maybe would have been better if there is no career mode and the online part of the game would be 100% :)
But we got this game how we got...it is what it is we try to enjoy!
You are right, I'm right...we can not do anything in this moment. We can only wait and hope!
Sorry if I've hurt You or anyone else...I wont. I'm also dissapointment of the game but I hope and I wish You the best about the game!

No harm done...i guess....
Like you and everyone else i'm just trying to get the most out off the game...online or offline.

jbjs40
17-09-2015, 19:02
You already drive through other peoples jack man on some tracks, with a pit crew in the pit lane too, it would be even worse.

No I agree. No need for pit crew. We know what's going on. But the pit process should be refined.
I agree with the flags and rules as well. But the one thing that gets me is the inability to create my own championship season based on more than just racing on 3-4 tracks. And the ability to save while in pit at le mans, since we cannot set the race for less than 2 hours, we should be able to "save" while in the pit so we can take up our epic races later. Just saying.

Schnizz58
17-09-2015, 19:10
You may have been.

AdM1
17-09-2015, 19:47
Agree with the OP. Waste of time imo, it's just a gimmick. Rather see the resources used in other areas tbh.

cvcpower
17-09-2015, 23:27
Am I missing something? (Yes, clearly)

Why is it such a big deal if you have free-driving in the pit-lane? Just more hardcore?

JayRocVW
18-09-2015, 13:22
I agree we should have free driving in the pits as Nascar for PC back in the day had it no problem, they also had a flag system that worked properly as well as an imaginary tow truck when you dinked your car over. As for the pit crews I don't see the issue of adding them in as again Nascar 2003 had the best pit crews ever but i'm no expert on what it takes to put them in the game.