PDA

View Full Version : msg to all fast drivers

CPU M Rossi
07-09-2015, 21:46
don't cat and mouse(not referring to the Forza race mode btw) slower drivers, you are not making the "race" any more enjoyable you are just making it frustrating knowing you are just gonna pass the slower person again.
I personally rate up there with people who bash and crash because it takes the enjoyment out of the race completely. If your so much faster then someone else you get bored why not offer advice if your hosting of if you joined a lobby leave and find one with faster people. I am not the fastest person but if someone is slower then me I am not gonna slow down to create some faux race cause I could easily pull away at any time I feel like it.
So if your running away with a race & I'm behind you and you slow down fist time I am just gonna slow down and stay behind you but if you do it multiple times I will see if I can stuff my car up the tail pipe of your car if no one else is close by.

OverHaased
08-09-2015, 14:59
I race MP so I can have a competitive event with another human being. If I get a 10 second lead and there are 4 or 5 laps left I pull over and let the car or cars behind me pass. I then get to work on clean passing and get back some of what I play MP for.

It is about competition and fun, if I let you pass me and then race with you clean and get back by you, you think you should crash into them?? Perhaps you should stick to time trials or other non interactive aspects of this game.

FYI if you did intentionally run into another car just because they are faster then you,... you are a child and deserve no respect on track what so ever.

rtazz17
08-09-2015, 15:09
Yeah I say as long as its clean racing who cares....It serves as a chance to get better....All on perspective.

Megalomanic87
08-09-2015, 16:28
What advice would we give exactly?
You practice, you go faster, you tune, go even faster. It's all about experimentation.

Also, if i'm going to lap a driver, it'd be nice for them to pull aside rather than trying to take me out.
Cheers.

ElectricBlues85
08-09-2015, 16:35
If i've pulled out a lead with more than a couple of laps to go and the driver behind has maintained the gap (just as quick but maybe got caught up on in the lap 1 smashy smash) then I will often slow down to 1 or 2s in front of them and let them try and race me properly.

I'm not the type to just give up places for the heck of it - I want to win but have fun in the process.

On the other hand, if I'm on a track where I struggle for consistency then I'll just keep going because I'm probably going to make a mistake and lose time / the lead anyway.

AdM1
08-09-2015, 16:51
People actually do that? Lol nope if I get out in front and pull a lead its bye bye time.

HEF51
08-09-2015, 17:57
Wat?

CPU M Rossi
08-09-2015, 17:57
I race MP so I can have a competitive event with another human being. If I get a 10 second lead and there are 4 or 5 laps left I pull over and let the car or cars behind me pass. I then get to work on clean passing and get back some of what I play MP for.

It is about competition and fun, if I let you pass me and then race with you clean and get back by you, you think you should crash into them?? Perhaps you should stick to time trials or other non interactive aspects of this game.

FYI if you did intentionally run into another car just because they are faster then you,... you are a child and deserve no respect on track what so ever.

I didn't hit them because they are faster then me. I was fed up with them slowing down just so they could enjoy some kind of fake race. if your 5 seconds a lap faster is it really a race when you slow down I still have no chance at keeping up? To me no its not a race anymore. Its someone going "I'm bored entertain me so I can have some fun while I pass you over and over". Its selfish ego driven malarkey. I mean if I DNF in a race there is no money to worry about losing if I don't finish. So again when you slow down you aren't doing the slow guy any favor your just a cat playing with a "mouse" till its time to run off to a win.

"deserve no respect on track what so ever" where is the respect in passing someone seconds off your pace per lap no matter how cleanly?

"Also, if i'm going to lap a driver, it'd be nice for them to pull aside rather than trying to take me out.
Cheers." if I am about to be lapped I do pull over and let the faster guys go hell if someone is faster then me I will give up a position it no point in holding up someone who is way faster then you are.

madmax2069
08-09-2015, 19:25
I dont agree with hitting them when I do run into these types of people online, but it does get under my skin something fierce.

RTA nOsKiLlS
08-09-2015, 19:34
Can't really say I've ever experienced anyone slowing down, just so they can re-pass cars already passed. WTF?

I had a big lead yesterday on Road America, but then the Bentley GT had a "Bentley" moment and I lost about 20 seconds before it actually had any grip again. Just what the hell is wrong with the Bentley anyway? That's usually the only situation I've found I have to overtake cars I've already overtaken. I'm definitely not going to be doing it on purpose.

oneBIGkicker
08-09-2015, 20:00
maybe they just don't want to drive alone in MP, has nothing to do with ego.

By far , the most fun can be had with close racing. . Be nice if we all were at same pace.

I like it when fast guys lets me catch up, Much rather see a car on road VS only me on Road, might as well go play solo in that case.
I tend to find myself in no-mans land, Too slow for fast guy, too fast for rest of pack, and end up running 8 out of 10 laps all by myself.
I also like to try an keep up with the fast guy, I seem to do better at that when I can see him.

You know what would be great, IMO, Option to reverse Grid! Make them earn it hard way,

AdM1
08-09-2015, 20:07
Knowing my luck I'd slow down then cock up on the last corner and end up coming last.

It's a sim (as so many say on here) when do you ever see real racers slow down? Never, racing is about winning. Maybe you just aren't competitive?

rtazz17
08-09-2015, 20:10
Idk OP,I just think if your getting lapped and someone is lapping you but wants to race you why not?
Why not follow him around and learn where his marks are.I dont think its an ego thing.If he wanted to take you out he easily could.I say just race.I would rather have that then some 13 yr old punk turning me around cuz its funny every race!

oneBIGkicker
08-09-2015, 20:12
Knowing my luck I'd slow down then cock up on the last corner and end up coming last.

It's a sim (as so many say on here) when do you ever see real racers slow down? Never, racing is about winning. Maybe you just aren't competitive?

I dont have to win to have fun, I play games to have fun, Winning is down on list.
Real racers make $ when they win, I get nothing but the FUN in the race.

AdM1
08-09-2015, 20:17
I dont have to win to have fun, I play games to have fun, Winning is down on list.
Real racers make $ when they win, I get nothing but the FUN in the race.

Ah yes but I am naturally competitive, even though I love the game and love the close racing I feel I must land on podium to feel fully satisfied at the end of the race.

I do enjoy it other time also but certainly not to the point I'm slowing down to be bumper to bumper, having seen the way a lot online race I wanna stay well clear anyway. Unpredictable springs to mind.

oneBIGkicker
08-09-2015, 20:20
I feel I must land on podium to feel fully satisfied at the end of the race.

I feel sad for you.

cvcpower
08-09-2015, 20:20
Yeah, it's one thing if someone is keeping pace and makes a mistake, but if you're 5 seconds faster than someone what good will it do to slow down and wait for them?

Just finish the race and get it over with as quickly as possible so other people can join.

AdM1
08-09-2015, 20:22
I feel sad for you.

Don't feel sad, feel happy.

I like competitive people.. Those that have no up and go, no motivation to be the best. Yeah those people I feel sad for.

oneBIGkicker
08-09-2015, 20:28
IMO
competitive people = Guys that take you out in turn one trying to win.

I rather Finish last in a Bumper to bumper race than finish 1st all by myself, all day.

AdM1
08-09-2015, 20:38
IMO
competitive people = Guys that take you out in turn one trying to win.

I rather Finish last in a Bumper to bumper race than finish 1st all by myself, all day.

Massive generalization there lol!

I do race bumper to bumper, I don't always come in the top 3 trust me. I always have fun but it's more satisfying to come in the podium for sure.

You seem to have forgot this is a RACING game ;).

Dynomight Motorsports
08-09-2015, 22:52
If I'm lucky enough to get a 10-30 second lead I sure as hell ain't going to pull over, and try to pass every one again. That's a pretty arrogant thing to do. You don't see that in real life, why would you do it in a video game. I get where the OP is coming from, maybe cause I'm pretty slow myself. But if you really must pass everyone again.. at least pit and do it that way. I would be pissed if a guy who got a big lead pulls over and lets me by then flies up and passes me again like I'm a slow ass retard, You are just boosting your Ego when you do that, and making the slower drivers feel like shit..!! If I'm faster than someone else by a lot I will gladly share advice or setup help, but I won't make a fool of them by passing them, then passing them again just to show them how slow they are!

CPU M Rossi
09-09-2015, 03:12
ty Dynomight Motorsports

*edit*
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/776/21073544088_1ccb420988_o.jpg
guess the truth hurts

OverHaased
09-09-2015, 14:13
Look if you have a on line MP race and the guy you are racing with is just not able to run your pace, what harm is there in slowing down or even pulling over so there can be some interaction?

Honestly if you prefer to just roll around on an empty track, why bother racing MP at all?

I have had some of the most enjoyable races ever racing at the limit with other drivers where we push each other to failure, then wait for the other player to catch back up. Tucking in under the wing of a slower car and see them bobble so I can re-pass is not fun. But seeing a driver make a mistake because they looked at the rear view or their mirror for a second and pouncing on them for the error is great fun.

Look I am polite, and if this broken game had proper chat functions we could actually use these MP races to give some help to a slower driver. Imagine how great that is to tell another racer that they are braking too early or running too tight of an entry on a corner?

rtazz17
09-09-2015, 14:35
Look if you have a on line MP race and the guy you are racing with is just not able to run your pace, what harm is there in slowing down or even pulling over so there can be some interaction?

Honestly if you prefer to just roll around on an empty track, why bother racing MP at all?

I have had some of the most enjoyable races ever racing at the limit with other drivers where we push each other to failure, then wait for the other player to catch back up. Tucking in under the wing of a slower car and see them bobble so I can re-pass is not fun. But seeing a driver make a mistake because they looked at the rear view or their mirror for a second and pouncing on them for the error is great fun.

Look I am polite, and if this broken game had proper chat functions we could actually use these MP races to give some help to a slower driver. Imagine how great that is to tell another racer that they are braking too early or running too tight of an entry on a corner?

Very good point.If chat worked it would solve a lot of unneeded wrecks or atleast an apology could be said so that person doesnt tbone you at the next corner becuz he thinks you slammed him purposely.

CPU M Rossi
09-09-2015, 16:23

while I know I am not the fastest guy in any racing game but I have had pretty good races online as well as races where yes I pretty much never see a car except at the beginning, and that ranges from being being the fastest to be the slowest. why do I bother racing online? because I don't mind an empty track if I can't keep or if I am way faster then others in the lobby. now the question is if you get bored at an empty track around you why do you bother racing online?

what harm is it? oh I always love when someone flaunts I have lost a race before it even starts oh wait no I don't and that is how I view it. Now if the times are close ok I wouldn't be so against it as that would make it so either person could win or lose it is fair to both racers. But if someone is around 5 or more seconds slower its just showing off no matter how you justify it to yourself.

But from now on I think if someone is so much faster I will just leave but then I will be labeled a sore loser and just be one more reason faster guys slow down to try and keep people in a lobby so they don't get bored because its just them on a track alone.

OverHaased
09-09-2015, 18:37
You don't get it. I'm sure that happens to you often.

Enjoy your gaming.

g33k hack3rs
09-09-2015, 19:52
Toying with someone is not racing, that is humiliating. Racing is not always door-to-door and bumper-to-bumper. MP races are bound to have the few where competition is well matched and others where there are significant time differences in lap times. Accidents happen but pulling off track just so you can pass someone again? Never seen that happen and hopefully never will. Keep your childish games to your offline gaming and mature adult behavior for mp.

2pfspiff
10-09-2015, 02:38
I personally don't care if someone slows down to let me catch up as long as they aren't being an butt head about it. If the person is faster and I can follow them to learn how to brake better into the turn then it only helps me out in the end. I already know I brake to hard into the turn which scrubs a lot of speed. I personally can't stand the person that feels he has to drive the track like he is running solo. I got into quite a few wrecks by people who have the inside line going into a turn. I give them the space down low only to have them power out of the turn and slide right into me causing me to wreck. If there is someone racing next to you in a turn then back the hell off the gas so you don't slide up into that person. Its called controlling your car. I know I am not perfect nor am I the fastest one out on the track, but the couple of times that this has happened to me I was fast enough to finish mid pack which is a win for me.

PS- If you are faster then me or you are going to lap me give me the chance to move out of the way. I will always find a spot on the track to move over so you can pass me safely. Don't run your car up my (Fill I n the blank).

nissan4ever
10-09-2015, 08:11
I've gotten into quite a few wrecks, by people who have the inside line going into a turn. I give them the space down low only to have them power out of the turn and slide right into me causing me to wreck. If there is someone racing next to you in a turn then back the hell off the gas so you don't slide up into that person. Its called controlling your car.

Yeah, you think people would control their car better. I know I stay where ever I'm at for the turn (inside or outside), when going through turn with someone side by side. I'm sure CPU M Rossi remembers how I raced him in FM4.

Side note, I'm finding this thread a trip. CPU M Rossi is still in the process of getting fast in Project CARS. I remember him from FM4. He was very fast on that game. He'd take a bone stock car from garage & destroy people online with it (for quick example B450 & beat down B500).

tonypbeck
10-09-2015, 08:32
maybe someone could setup a driver training thread with video examples

2pfspiff
10-09-2015, 17:02
That would help. I have been picking a track and multiclass, running max opponents set at around 70% and ten minutes to learn the track then a ten lap race. I start dead last so I have to work my way to thefront. I do it this way because you have all types of cars out on the track that are faster, equal and slower. And everyone knows the AI are idiots so that adds to the curve. I have found my lap times getting better as I race. The only thing I change in the tuning of the car is the steering ratio and braking force. Again I use more brake then I need to.

It has helped me on a lot of tracks. Once I feel comfortable with the tracks I will run different cars. I run mostly gt3 and historic touring

CPU M Rossi
10-09-2015, 18:16
Yeah, you think people would control their car better. I know I stay where ever I'm at for the turn (inside or outside), when going through turn with someone side by side. I'm sure CPU M Rossi remembers how I raced him in FM4.

Side note, I'm finding this thread a trip. CPU M Rossi is still in the process of getting fast in Project CARS. I remember him from FM4. He was very fast on that game. He'd take a bone stock car from garage & destroy people online with it (for quick example B450 & beat down B500).

the 06 Maserati GranSport was great in Forza 4 tho not a guaranteed win(that depened a lot on the skill level of the players in the lobby) but was still a lot of fun to race.
Also I loved cycled production & stayed in a lobby after a bunch of really fast guys from a few clubs showed up & dominated every race. but I stayed watching them drive away & then it being me and an empty track.

You don't get it. I'm sure that happens to you often.

Enjoy your gaming.

I don't get what? How would anyone a lot faster per lap help the slow person by passing them multiple times by slowing down to so in a race 10 laps or less? Unless the lap times are fairly close in which case I doubt most of the people who do slow down to "help" the guy they can leave in the dust in a lap would slow down to "help" the person with a slower but still comparable lap.

I have been the fast guy and the slow guy online in Forza 3-5, Project Cars, and racing GTA V.
I find it a very humbling experience when I get left by people faster then me.

nwrlchargerl
10-09-2015, 19:13
Personally I don't think it's a big deal, just a pet hate. Find a group to race with that are at your pace and have fun

CPU M Rossi
10-09-2015, 21:33
well maybe the fast guys who get bored can find a group the same pace and not be bored of running on a empty track something that doesn't bother me

nwrlchargerl
10-09-2015, 22:15
A lot of the fast guys do tbh

CPU M Rossi
10-09-2015, 22:37
yeah but how many out of those who are fast pull over so they can have a so called race with someone way slower then them

nwrlchargerl
10-09-2015, 22:49
Maybe they're practicing their overtaking or they're just bored, I don't see it as a problem as long as they're not waiting up to wreck you. I've joined quite a few lobbies with long races especially and been 15-20 seconds ahead by say the 3rd lap, so I wait up. Maybe there's been a big smash up at the start of the race. If I'd have been in a smash up I'd show some genuine respect if somebody waited up a little just for a fair and close race. But each to their own I suppose.

OverHaased
11-09-2015, 00:19
I play a game, you guys think you are racing. Simple as that. I play by the rules, I play fair, I want to play with others. So if I wait up for you and we get to play together, well golly that sure is more fun then playing alone.

Running around on a track alone is just masturbation.

widcard
11-09-2015, 00:27
I play a game, you guys think you are racing. Simple as that. I play by the rules, I play fair, I want to play with others. So if I wait up for you and we get to play together, well golly that sure is more fun then playing alone.

Running around on a track alone is just masturbation.

Dude do you include you're balls? Just mess'n! :kiwi-fruit:

CPU M Rossi
11-09-2015, 00:51

Running around on a track alone is just *********.

oh yeah what fun it is to be someones passing buddy wooo hoo, ummm no that isn't fun to me and that's why I have never done that to anybody slower then me
but yet again all I hear see is "I get bored when its just me and the track."
yes its a game a sim racing game
here is the thing if a faster player doesn't like just seeing track and the only other car is 5 seconds slower and they joined the lobby why stick around?

slowing down to pass the slow guy is just like a cat playing with a mouse

AdM1
11-09-2015, 00:53
I think people are making a bigger fuss than needs to be with this tbh.. Just an ego thing surely?

OverHaased
11-09-2015, 01:14
Like I said I don't slow down just to pass a slower driver, that is your own insecurities talking. I slow down so I can drive with other players. Heck many times if they get past me I end up following them for the rest of the race.

I said before you don't get it, and that is fine. Some day you might just realize that the other cars on the your TV are being driven by human beings and you might just have some fun playing with them instead of against them.

CPU M Rossi
11-09-2015, 01:38
Like I said I don't slow down just to pass a slower driver, that is your own insecurities talking. I slow down so I can drive with other players. Heck many times if they get past me I end up following them for the rest of the race.

I said before you don't get it, and that is fine. Some day you might just realize that the other cars on the your TV are being driven by human beings and you might just have some fun playing with them instead of against them.

that's a two way street tho I am just a car own their screen who is human behind a controller.
the first time in the Formula A at Spa they slowed 3 or 4 times then passed me, then in the G40 junior(different player) again they slowed down but I slowed and stayed behind them but they kept slowing down and that is when I got fed up bumped them a few times the last cause me to spin around facing backwards so I waited for them to move & they quite.

insecurities???? really about being passed I have no problem being passed and they go about their business, I could care less if someone is 10, 20 or even 30 seconds a lap faster. Slowing down to play, race or just have another car around them is their problem not mine as both cases I perfectly content being the slow player in a lobby with a fast player till they decided oh I better slow down or that guy might leave and ruin my fun and it ends up ruining my fun.

so I guess lesson learned if I join a lobby where its me & another player & they are way faster during practice or qualifying I will just quit and find another lobby
and if I am host try to kick and if that fails then quit & create a new lobby.
because you know I don't get why I should be able to enjoy my time playing a game.

OverHaased
11-09-2015, 01:47
that's a two way street tho I am just a car own their screen who is human behind a controller.
the first time in the Formula A at Spa they slowed 3 or 4 times then passed me, then in the G40 junior(different player) again they slowed down but I slowed and stayed behind them but they kept slowing down and that is when I got fed up bumped them a few times the last cause me to spin around facing backwards so I waited for them to move & they quite.

insecurities???? really about being passed I have no problem being passed and they go about their business, I could care less if someone is 10, 20 or even 30 seconds a lap faster. Slowing down to play, race or just have another car around them is their problem not mine as both cases I perfectly content being the slow player in a lobby with a fast player till they decided oh I better slow down or that guy might leave and ruin my fun and it ends up ruining my fun.

so I guess lesson learned if I join a lobby where its me & another player & they are way faster during practice or qualifying I will just quit and find another lobby
and if I am host try to kick and if that fails then quit & create a new lobby.
because you know I don't get why I should be able to enjoy my time playing a game.

Naw just race private lobby with Nissan4evar he seems pretty infatuated with you.

CPU M Rossi
11-09-2015, 02:07
Naw just race private lobby with Nissan4evar he seems pretty infatuated with you.
nice idea :cool:
that public lobby browser is so over rated.
maybe just maybe I would like to be in a lobby with randoms where I might be the top dog, middle of the pack, or just the caboose

2pfspiff
13-09-2015, 01:56
nice idea :cool:
that public lobby browser is so over rated.
maybe just maybe I would like to be in a lobby with randoms where I might be the top dog, middle of the pack, or just the caboose

If I join your lobby you won't have to worry about being last.

nissan4ever
13-09-2015, 03:28

Really?

smh

rtazz17
13-09-2015, 14:52
Lol,this thread is rediculous and pointless.I would much rather have a faster driver trying to race me then have what most lobbies are filled with which is 13 yr olds who just want to drill you in the first corner....