PDA

View Full Version : Best Ending to a Race Ever...

DespiteExilio
08-09-2015, 02:57
So I decided to try the shortened 2 hour Panorama madness event and I enjoyed the fast day/night cycle. As i neared the end (around 4 mins left) i was approaching a lapped car and decided to take the inside on a turn that i knew i could stick. Well, the lapped driver did not give me enough room so i tried to let up but unfortunately i still lost control. I had to dash through the grass to save myself, and once i re-entered the track, i was disqualified for cutting and automatically finished last after running in the top 10 for most of the event. Fun race

NemethR
08-09-2015, 08:29
Also in real life: "Sh!t happens".
Being DQ-ed means you already cut the track 9 times before.

Just like in Real life Endurance races, stay on the track, and be patient with overtakes/laping.
These are situations, that happen IRL too, but your job as a driver is to try to anticipate them, and avoid any risks as good as possible.

No I do not try to be clever here, just pointing out, that this can happen IRL too, and maybe you should be more careful in these type of races. :)

MillsLayne
08-09-2015, 08:40
Was the lapped driver Tomy Drissi?

DespiteExilio
08-09-2015, 14:05
That might have been his name, i dont know lol

DespiteExilio
08-09-2015, 14:14
And NemethR, i dont know why you're so mad but i was just sharing a story. I wasnt complaining. And btw, i dont expect to be running any endrance races "IRL" or any race in general, so i dont know what you were tryna say... but im not tryna sound clever, just pointing things out :)

thmxvr
08-09-2015, 14:34
Why do you think he is mad?

The fact that you (and most of us) will not race IRL does not mean the game cannot try to emulate this kind of event. Lots of sim-racers want this kind of features. But also lot of it is personal preference so that is why those kind of sim have lot of options. I personally like all those little things that make the many aspects of a race. You will find that if enabling flags and penalties and all the "sim" options (desabling assits) beeing well prepared for a race is ass much as important (if not more) than being on pace; even more so in endurance events.

You said you had fun so that is cool, better finish last having fun than first and being bored.

Keep your nose clean, take care of the car and the tires, do consistent lap times and of course continue having fun.

DespiteExilio
08-09-2015, 15:50
Ok man, i dont think you understand. Im not hating on the game's flags or anything about the game at all. And im not asking for lessons about racing and being patient. I just wanted to share an unfortunate event that i had while playing the game. Thats it

TrevorAustin
08-09-2015, 19:20
Ok man, i dont think you understand. Im not hating on the game's flags or anything about the game at all. And im not asking for lessons about racing and being patient. I just wanted to share an unfortunate event that i had while playing the game. Thats it
Really don't think people have got your point here at all:)

Similar thing happened to me at Le Mans, very last bend:) oh well.

Seelenkrank
08-09-2015, 20:06
well with this kamikaze driving AI i always drive without penaltys...
even if you want to drive a clean race, they give a s***...

Murt
08-09-2015, 23:07
At least it was just a simple case of not being given enough room (they should have pulled over though). The amount of times back markers have intentionally tried (and in some cases succeeded) to f%&k mine and other peoples races is ridiculous and frustrating

hosko
08-09-2015, 23:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsJRawrl6TU