PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 458 Challenge Add-On Wheel

AFM
08-09-2015, 08:49
Can I calibrate my Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On 458 Challenge Edition, if so how do I do it in the simplest terms

Tony

nissan4ever
08-09-2015, 08:53
Did you just get the GTE rim add on? Have you already calibrated your TX on this game already with the stock rim? If so, then no.

If not, then here.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27338-Help-to-set-up-your-new-Thrustmaster-TX

The picture of your TX in game will still show the stock rim, FYI. Does not show add on rims on the screen, in calibration area.

AFM
09-09-2015, 10:18
Did you just get the GTE rim add on? Have you already calibrated your TX on this game already with the stock rim? If so, then no.

If not, then here.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27338-Help-to-set-up-your-new-Thrustmaster-TX

The picture of your TX in game will still show the stock rim, FYI. Does not show add on rims on the screen, in calibration area.

Yes I just bought the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Challenge wheel, and connected it to the base and I followed the instructions which were basic, and connected it to my computer and downloaded the upgrade, but in the process none of the adjustment windows appeared on the screen, and looking at the link you provided the wheel shown is not mine, but the Thrustmaster Ferrari Spider 458 wheel.

Tony

nissan4ever
09-09-2015, 14:35
What are you talking about? The link I posted here for you, takes you to TX set up process. The link inside that post, takes you to TX firmware update page at Thrustmaster. The picture in my initial link is showing firmware number is from my computer, when the F1 rim was on my TX. The computer Thrustmaster software will show which rim is on your TX base.

I don't know where in the world you got "Spider" from. All TX stuff. The stock TX base does come with a 458 Italia rim on it, if you didn't know. 217747
Sounds like you bought one that came with GTE rim instead.
You can get the F1 rim for it.
Or the TM Leather 28 GT rim.
Either way, it's still a TX.

AFM
10-09-2015, 13:36
I bought my Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Challenge wheel, which is the wheel in your second photo, from www.pagnianimports.com.au and if you look at the Thrustmaster wheels for sale you will see the Ferrari Spider wheel with the red start buttom my whell does not have

Tony

TheReaper GT
10-09-2015, 13:56
I bought my Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Challenge wheel, which is the wheel in your second photo, from www.pagnianimports.com.au and if you look at the Thrustmaster wheels for sale you will see the Ferrari Spider wheel with the red start buttom my whell does not have

Tony

The spider model does not have force feedback

nissan4ever
10-09-2015, 14:08

Tony

That doesn't matter. Your wheel base is a Thrustmaster TX, with the GTE add on rim. The links I gave you are correct.

This is the Thrustmaster 458 Spider

This is the Thrustmaster TX stock rim

Look at the spider picture, the base of it is completely different shape than your TX base.

nissan4ever
10-09-2015, 14:34
Are you asking about this?

AFM
11-09-2015, 05:38
Yes I am asking about that wheel and yes I did try to calibrate my wheel in Project Cars and totally stuffed it up, as you can see I am a Rookie at sim car racing, I just got my rig two weeks ago

Tony

nissan4ever
11-09-2015, 07:44
All you need to do is follow my instructions in the first link I gave you. That's it.

AFM
12-09-2015, 12:45
All you need to do is follow my instructions in the first link I gave you. That's it.

I followed the instructions and they worked like dream Thanks

Tony

nissan4ever
12-09-2015, 13:25
I followed the instructions and they worked like dream Thanks

Tony

Your welcome

flipper
03-12-2016, 15:02
Having watched the you tubes on calibration of the wheels, I'm puzzled on how you get the info up on the screen to begin with. I'm not good with the jargon, and only race for my own pleasure, but would like to improve my times. I know the tracks very well, but it's the setting up to get better. I also use the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 spider, with Xbox one. Racing F1 2015. Absolutely bog standard at setting up. Can you help me please?