PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to pit crews...

iv-tecman
08-09-2015, 11:47
The pit crew and pit monitor guys at the side of the pit wall?
Did it get scrapped or is it still in the works , as I've not played the game for a while as my PC version doesn't launch anymore thanks to windows 10 , so fired up the ps4 version other night. It's been updated to version 3 but still no pit crew, sorry guys been out the loop on the game for little while..

Anyhow I did grab the old vs new pack the BMW btcc car was just amazing fun to blast around in. Need more btcc ...: -)

cluck
08-09-2015, 11:53
Still being worked on :).

It's taking quite a bit of time to get the crew working properly for every single type of car in the game - it's not as easy as, say, an F1 game where the cars are almost identical.

snipeme77
08-09-2015, 13:11
Take your time guy's it'll be worth it

fa-racing
09-09-2015, 03:13
I heard a rumour it's being implemented when hl3 is out

AB_Attack
09-09-2015, 14:47
No! Manual pitstops before pit crew dammit! And 2nd party telemetry reading shocks, all tyre temps and ride height first! And free-cam in replay so we can evaluate brake balance and watch cool angles.

NAAOOOWWW!

My opinions are the most valid!

DUMBUNNY360
13-09-2015, 00:00
Is there any update to the implementation of the pit crew? Does anyone know if the pit crew will be added soon,or has the plan to have them in game been eliminated? If we wait too long to add them I fear many people will have lost interest in the game.

k.merse
13-09-2015, 05:59
The news is that the staff is working on Project Cars 2 so I bet half of the promised features will be unfinished for this game....

Pappa_Stig
13-09-2015, 06:14
The news is that the staff is working on Project Cars 2 so I bet half of the promised features will be unfinished for this game....

Surely they wouldn't do that. I doubt they'd sell many copies of Pcars 2 if they stopped fixing things and didn't bother to add features they'd said they would.

iv-tecman
13-09-2015, 13:28

That would actually sadden me if they did this. Drive Club was a hot mess on launch, but look at that game now. It has some amazing cars, lovely weather, superb performance and its all round one heck of an improvement upon when released. Even the replay mode totally destroys Project Cars, so a game released in a unfinished state can very much be fixed.

with forza 6 just around the corner, i'm tempted to just go get that for the time being as playing project cars whilst its not a broken game that cannot be completed, I do feel like i'm playing a very sub standard product, and therefore do not give it my full attention, and I still do not like the replay mode, even after the fixes in patch 3.0, the replays need to be locked to 30fps, clearly this game cannot maintain 60fps in replay mode, as the screen tearing still irks me..

Still, I do like my quick blasts around some the tracks as the GT3 and BMW touring cars are still amazing in this game..... I just pick out the best bits when I play then I find some real enjoyment with the game... Still, I do live in hope that one day it'll be a serious contender for best console racer ever.. : - )

Flaw3dGenius
13-09-2015, 13:55
Would having 24 pit crews or more not totally wreck the FPS? Especially on consoles?

Fanapryde
13-09-2015, 17:55
In GT6 pitcrews were present for a while and then they removed them, sadly...
Hope to see them in PCars soon !