PDA

View Full Version : Careed mode, does "no restart allowed" really works ?

FStarred
08-09-2015, 12:09
I've noticed this issue:
I've set "no Restart" option on the race calendar of the career mode
I've clicked on Retire to box, Skip to the end of the session and quit.
When I go back on the calendar, I'd expect to see the next day, but with surprise, it let me play again the same race.

So the "No restart" option give me however the chance to replay the session.

Furthermore, I disagree the "no restart mode" and the AI level can be changed for every session.

To me these are just option to set the first time of the career mode.

flymar
08-09-2015, 12:12
I disagree the "no restart mode" and the AI level can be changed for every session.
And I kindly disagree with you. With such huge spread of cars the AI strenght is IMO a must.

FStarred
08-09-2015, 12:15
And I kindly disagree with you. With such huge spread of cars the AI strenght is IMO a must.

Sorry, but I can't understand what do you exactly mean with spread of cars.

Glockshna
08-09-2015, 12:22
I think it's to each his own to be quite honest. If someone wants to be allowed to change the AI on a race by race basis when they are not as good on a certain track they should be allowed to adjust the challenge to their hearts desire. It's well established that the career mode doesn't really mean anything at all in this game so why limit what people can do? I wouldn't be against the option to lock it at the beginning of a season, however.

As a side note the AI in this game isn't good enough yet for me to confidently say I'd be willing to lock the game to no restarts. I've seen the AI overdrive corner one and take out half the field on many an occasion in Formula B.

flymar
08-09-2015, 12:22
You can for example drive comfortably GT at 80 but openwheelers at 40. Availability of the slider provides competitive races in both cases. No problem if you just doing the season races but the invitational events can use any car.

FStarred
08-09-2015, 12:59
What you say above it's all true; by the way, the no retire option doesn't work properly because it allows to restart the race by a simple quit to menu and start again.

Angst1974
08-09-2015, 14:07
Don't want restarts ?

Don't use them , pretty simple .

It would be nice to award something extra in gameplay (Accolades , Achievements, etc...) for the career mode difficulty , but until we have that , there is no reason to adjust, or not adjust AI , or allow restarts if you want to play that way in career mode.

Personally restarts are a must as sometimes my wheel does not reset to the center , or something else wonky happens on restarts.

bobbylion
08-09-2015, 15:51
What i like is that as you re do each race series in career you can up the AI a bit if you want to. The more options in games the better, you don't HAVE to use them.