PDA

View Full Version : Bey bey community...

Webcruise
08-09-2015, 17:15
I have enjoyed and wasted a lot of time with this "game" and you guys where great (not all in this forum), trying to find a good way to play this game. (fyi: I use a 2000 Dollar rig, Fanatec wheel base V2. Every three to four weeks we enjoy racing (in real) the alps (with a BMW Z4 with 349HP, a Aston Martin Vanquish and a Porsche Boxter S; with soft tires :), additionally I drive a BMW S1000RR and was at "Schladming, Austria" last time and left a lot of rubber :) so I know how the real thing feels ).

Some times we meet at my home and drive the simulation games (with some bavarian beer) :)

What I loved about this game was the graphics (not the lags and missing split seconds) but the lightning of sunrises, the well made tracks, the cars etc.

What I did not like, are the (in first place) the bad tuning idea (sorry for my english, I am Bavarian and a German native speaker), of having to find out
the best tuning in tuning (the wheel, the game, the cars (FFB etc)). That is completely wrong in my idea. The game should provide for each car the best/real
feeling of how the car reacts to driving; THEN I can optimize the car by changing the air pressure (left and right), the gears, the angle of blades, the tire manufacturer etc. etc.
Why should I try to change the mechanics of the environment without regarding the car environment.

With this game the possibilities are millions, and each time there is a new FW for the wheel or the game, all the tuning is obsolete and has to be redone.

This post is not make this game bad to someone, but I think it is important to alight this to the programming studio to understand the situation.

I like to use the following example: if you put a frog in cold water and cook it slowly, the frog will stay there until it is dead. But if you put the frog in boiling water
it will jump out!

I think, that people will get used to all these firmware updates, changes, the game not being perfect, posts in this forum etc. etc. because they identify themselves
with the time they have spend with this game and they don't want to admit, that it is not good. It is so personal like with Android vs. Apple; but at the end of the
day only the fun in driving a simulation is important, since we have only a limited time to play (at least I have only a limited time of gaming, and don't want to waste
time in looking in the forum if the new patch has arrived (my age is 44 :) ).

I thought in keeping the game, since the Amazon price is 28 Euros (minus 7 Euros for commission). But I played Forza 6!

Don't worry, I don't get paid from Microsoft; but this game is the blast! At least with the Fanatec gear. (and I don't want to hear any bull.... about "this is no simulation game" (or there was this other idiot which I did not answer, that where no puddles at racing tracks and they would not exist).

I can't explain it in an appropriate manner, but this game is everything you have ever wished for, they have even included the rumbling when braking to hard (just like Assetto Corsa), you feel like you are really driving the car you choose and you don't get scared about how will the car react in the next corner, the game is ALWAYS on 60 frames per second, the tracks are super and a whole lot of cars.

Hopefully Project Cars will not delete this post, since this is a possibility to improve and probably I will buy this game again.

I know this post is long, but I want to give my opinion on this and not just say "its bad" without further comment.

Best regards
Alexander (Munich)
PS. @ Project Cars Team: we like to race cars; not tweak our game to make it work, not waste our time in asking (I don't know how many man-years this forum has wasted) how to get this game running as promised.
PPS. on the next version, from my opinion, less tracks, less cars and make it perfect (invest more money in testing). And then add, additional content. I am happy to pay for extra tracks.

AdM1
08-09-2015, 17:39
'We like to race cars, not tweak our game to make it work'

Spot on, another thing is deleting game saves. Why would we have to do that? No ta.

AtomicSphincter
08-09-2015, 17:56
Sucks to see you leave, but I get it. When Forza 6 comes out I'll be playing less of project cars till the game is fixed. (Come on, last night I couldn't join online lobbies, had a land mine glitch on the first lap of the race, sound glitch almost non stop...) A few days ago I played the new Forza 6 demo and I also had a blast, caught myself with a huge smile on my face a few times while racing those short four races. I think for most people it's all about the fun factor, yeah you have those few hardcore 'sim or nothing' people, but majority is out for a good time with friends. Playing Forza 5 online was flawless for me every time, (besides cashing idiots, but those idiots are in every game, including pCars), and I'm sure 6 will be just as good. Last night playing project cars it took me three restarts of the game to be able to join a lobby where things were not set to Glencairn karting track with 1 lap, although it was 'advertised' as a GT3 race at Imola. Shaking my head. I'm not praising Forza, I'm just not happy with pCars. I can't wait for Assetto Corsa to come out on consoles, hopefully it won't be loaded with bugs.

Umer Ahmad
08-09-2015, 18:27
"Glencairn karting track with 1 lap" means the event details have not downloaded. The advertising is correct however. It happens on PC also but usually within a few seconds the correct information is downloaded successfully.

Psychomatrix
08-09-2015, 19:18
Thanks for sharing your opinions and maybe whe see on track here in project cars or other racing games. It's your right to make your decisions.

The sad thing about that situation that the xbox section here dying more and more. But since patch 3.0 the game improved really. It seems not enough for the most here. Even lot in my friendlist have stopped playing project cars. Main reasons are multiplayer and soundbug. It's really sad that so many have gone.

Schnizz58
08-09-2015, 19:23
Tsch

wraithsrike
08-09-2015, 19:26
As much as I agree with you I seriously don't think saying good bye simply because forza is coming out soon is the way to go.

I too am very frustrated with this but it's hard to deny that the physics of forza are just not in the same class as PCars, PCar's puts you on the edge of your seat the cars feel alive without being overly difficult to learn to control, the brakes feel perfect unlike forza where the car will just lock up.

Don't get me wrong I love Forza and have pre ordered the ultimate edition but I'd be a liar if I said interms of motorsport forza even came close because it doesn't.

SMS are trying so hard to sort this game yes I know I've moaned and moaned but that is out of frustration because I so want the game fixed, but shelving the I understand and playing forza in the meantime, but don't give up on it let's face the games got the potential to be epic.

I'll give up on the game when SMS give up on it but until that happens it's still my favourite racer even if it is just collecting dust at the moment.

RTA nOsKiLlS
08-09-2015, 19:40
I was playing Forza 6 demo earlier, It is supposed to be locked at 60fps, but it didn't seem like it to me. The video at the start was definitely not running smoothly like the Pcars one. Maybe its just the demo, but the game still feels like Forza. No thanks.

Dan77 DESTROYER
08-09-2015, 19:58
I've had a go on the forza 6 demo and glad I did because it just showed me the night and day difference between the two titles,
I've enjoyed forza since forza 2 and it definatly has its good points but project cars offers the things forza doesn't and for me it's the physics, yes project cars hasn't had a great start and it's still not out of the woods yet in terms of problems but when it works it feels worlds apart from forza,
personally I will be sticking with project cars (problems and all currently)

rtazz17
08-09-2015, 20:03
I understand the OP..

The game gets frustrating.I try to play multiplayer and get yanked around for 1/2 hour and finally get a game in.

With forza I join multiplayer and im playing in 30 seconds.

The wheel physics suck in forza 5 and 6.. I wont use my tx in forza.Project cars nailed it with the wheel.Im not giving up on the game yet.I will play forza and check back after the next patch to see what has or hasnt changed.My time is valuable and I cant screw around for an hour to play one match online.Not worth it.

cvcpower
08-09-2015, 20:15
I agree that this game needs a lot of work, but I really don't understand how people think Forza 6 is going to be the answer.

I feel like maybe I played a different demo or something. Forza6 felt ridiculously arcade-y and the Indy Car nonsense looked like it was on fast-forward. I was really looking forward to getting Forza6, but after that demo I think I'll just keep plugging away with Project Cars. I had super high expectations for both and I can't imaging paying another $60 for a game that looks like Need for Speed or Cruisin' USA (throwback!).

I'm sure the Forza6 community will be huge (and awful) so hopefully Project CARS will fix everything and we'll be left with a small, but dedicated group.

rtazz17
08-09-2015, 20:58
It is arcady,always has been.Ill play forza becuz of just that.I actually get to play online.Cant say that about project cars.You can have all the eye candy in the world,weather changing whatever but if you cant get into a race whats the sense.I dont play solo so thats not an option.All my racing is online.Once or IF the online is fixed in project cars Ill be back.But im not wasting my time till then.To each their own.I dont have the time for all the frustration...

wraithsrike
08-09-2015, 21:13
I agree that this game needs a lot of work, but I really don't understand how people think Forza 6 is going to be the answer.

I feel like maybe I played a different demo or something. Forza6 felt ridiculously arcade-y and the Indy Car nonsense looked like it was on fast-forward. I was really looking forward to getting Forza6, but after that demo I think I'll just keep plugging away with Project Cars. I had super high expectations for both and I can't imaging paying another $60 for a game that looks like Need for Speed or Cruisin' USA (throwback!).

I'm sure the Forza6 community will be huge (and awful) so hopefully Project CARS will fix everything and we'll be left with a small, but dedicated group.

Sorry but that's not the attitude to take, PCar's will not survive with a small dedicated group, it needs to do something and do it quickly before it loses anymore of it fans.

Del Zotto x82x
08-09-2015, 21:16
How Forza6 and PCARS can even be compared, is laughable.. I too was looking forward to Forza 6, but anyone with a pulse can tell they are miles apart.. You'll be back and if not, then you definitely weren't into Sim Racing to begin with...

baz00ka
08-09-2015, 21:22
nah, you just didnt drink enough Bavarian beer before playing. it changes everything, physics included.

I feel like maybe I played a different demo or something.

Sheldon
08-09-2015, 21:29
Forza has always been too arcadey and casual for my tastes. It also looks like only console gamers are bringing up Forza, which kind of makes sense.

PPPMAT
08-09-2015, 21:33
Everyone knows PC has its issues but for me it is 'the best' racing experience I have ever had. I play with a pad and it can be hard at times but it is really really good when everything hooks up. I've played the forza demo and I will buy the game but I was a bit disappointed after PC.

We should be thankful that SMS have bothered to put something like this at all on a console - I am even if it doesn't work quite as it should

wraithsrike
08-09-2015, 21:35
Yep all my mates are moving back to forza only two of us kept our copies of PCar's :-(

cvcpower
08-09-2015, 21:42
Sorry but that's not the attitude to take, PCar's will not survive with a small dedicated group, it needs to do something and do it quickly before it loses anymore of it fans.

Yeah man, I agree with you entirely. It just doesn't seem like the "quickly" part has been a strong point of updates for this game so far.

I would love for it to be fixed today and for there to be thousands of people playing. I'm just not confident it's going to happen.

nissan4ever
08-09-2015, 21:46
I was playing Forza 6 demo earlier, It is supposed to be locked at 60fps, but it didn't seem like it to me. The video at the start was definitely not running smoothly like the Pcars one. Maybe its just the demo, but the game still feels like Forza. No thanks.

The part before the race starts. When you get the close up of your car. That is running at 30fps. After the close up shots are done & time to race, it goes back to 60fps. Past FM's did this also.

rtazz17
08-09-2015, 21:47
How Forza6 and PCARS can even be compared, is laughable.. I too was looking forward to Forza 6, but anyone with a pulse can tell they are miles apart.. You'll be back and if not, then you definitely weren't into Sim Racing to begin with...

I think everyone knows they are two diff animals.Thats not the issue here.Its that project cars is a bugged game still.Online is horrible.Forza you know what you got.Dedicated servers and you will be racing in 30 seconds.Yes its arcade style,no dought and it always has been so for you to think forza 6 was not going to be arcady means you have never played forza before?The forza games have always "worked".... Nobody has time everynight to spend an hour online and get into 1-2 games...The games been broke since launch.Thats the point here.

ashasha
08-09-2015, 22:07
I enjoy racing offline so my experience and expectations are different, but the bottom line to me is the driving experience and I am so thankful that Forza released a pretty good demo of their game for me to judge because the truth is that if I spent any money on that game I'd be angry. Not just disappointed, but spewing fire. And that's not because Forza is horrible, but because it is not what I want. Not even a little bit. I don't care if it runs at 120FPS at 4K on triple screens, the physics, the FFB, the gameplay, etc., are just not appealing to me at all.

The best way to describe it is that when playing FM6 I feel like I'm playing a game. I feel like there is some kind of gimmicky cheat or trick that I'm going to have to learn to get the car to drive half way decent and that's not what I want at all. When I play PCARS I know that if I suck on a track it's because I suck on that track and I can work my way up to proficiency. FM6 is just too game like in that regard. The puddles are fantastically simulated, but I hate racing in the rain anyway so that's not nearly enough to get me interested. The 400+ cars are not important because I haven't even driven 1/4 of the cars in PCARS yet. Still got a ton of tracks that I've never been on.

There's just a level of submersion with PCARS that none of the Forza stuff offers TO ME.

FM6 just seems like something that someone with a controller in chase view would enjoy making paint schemes and drifting. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's just not what I want to do.

Dynomight Motorsports
08-09-2015, 22:40
Well, I bought FM6, liked the demo. Yeah the physics aren't as good as pCars, but at least the game isn't broken when I get it. It takes a lot of the frustration out of playing when you don't have to deal with constant bugs that seem like they should have been handled before the release. Now there may be some bugs with FM6, but I have never experienced the kind of frustration with FM 1,2,3,4,5 that I have with this game. And I only got PCars to race with my friends online. In that aspect it has been a total turd! Sure you can polish it up with an update here and update there, to get it where it was supposed to be before release, but in the end its still just a turd, just a bit shiny-er. FM will come polished straight out of the box and I can race up to 23 of my friends.. and maybe even hear them without having to have some kind of work-around. :p

lollygag
08-09-2015, 22:41
Bey bey community...

Dont let the door hit you on the way out!

definition (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Don%27t+Let+The+Door+Hit+You+On+The+Way+Out)

Plato99
08-09-2015, 22:59
Just got back from the pub. Thanks for the frog cooking tip. Could have been a disaster and you won't like me when I'm hungry.....

Bliman
08-09-2015, 23:52
Typically there are the Forza is arcade and Project Cars is hardcore posts.
I offcourse played the demo of Forza and it is what it is (improved in physics imo) but it is the confident feeling you get with forza that everything is rocksteady and designed just for the Xbox One.
Now I know Project Cars is on a lot of platforms and the problem is you can feel it to, it is like a vest you can buy everywhere or a tailor made suit (forza).
The other problem I also have is that Project Cars doesn't go all out on the simulation front.
By that I mean, if you really want to make a sim and also want the market of console players then you have to explain a lot more to the players and steer them in the right direction.
When you look at the tuning options you don't really know what to do, because the explanation is so confusing.
The way you can explain the different tuning options is by using videos from the game engine (this is the same way that IL2 Sturmovik did it , and it worked great) and maybe text or a voiceover and the telemetry.
Now on top of that are all the options you can do with the controller or the steer (it's like tuning on top of tuning) , if you get one of them wrong you are screwed.
If this is a sim why can't I look at the telemetry after I have done a session (like in a replay to evaluate my session)?
If this is a sim why can't I change tuning when I am driving (when I pause) so I can spent more time learning the car, instead I am now constantly slowed down by going to the menu and again warming up the tyres, effectively spending more time in the menus and not really driving .
Now to add to that ,the moment you slightly go on the grass you lose the current lap time (ok) but also the next even if there are still corners coming and you cannot get a advantage on the next lap.
Which again lessens the real play time.
And then I am not even talking about for some game breaking bugs (that is becoming more and more a problem on consoles and is a big no no).
Those are some of the observations I have about this game.
Regards
Manuel

Webcruise
09-09-2015, 04:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=OTEw3qfrh30

housty01
09-09-2015, 04:42
not any time i have seen it, i have sat and waited 10 minutes and no sign of downloading anything.........just all the lobby members leaving............

yusupov
09-09-2015, 04:58
ive watched several forza videos....if ppl say its a blast, sure, but as for them 'getting it right' as far as simulation...lolno, not close...ive always wanted it to come to PC but its clear to me now its very much simcade. which is what everyone says but i wasnt sure till seeing some of the forza 6 vids.

gotdirt410sprintcar
09-09-2015, 05:54
Dont let the door hit you on the way out!

definition (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Don%27t+Let+The+Door+Hit+You+On+The+Way+Out) LOL forza cant do it gt7 wont do it simcade kids can go play I will stay right here lol. oh yeah AC is coming forza and gt is lucky I racing don't come too console then they would be dead

nwrlchargerl
09-09-2015, 05:55
Forza 5 was terrible for lag, half of the grid just used to shoot up in the air, or get a speed lag.and when that car catches up with the server it just plows through the pack pinging every car off the track on the way through like they're snooker balls. Project cars gets pretty bad speed lag where the car will slow down and speed up out of your control but I think forza was so much worse for it. Definetly gonna buy it but gonna keep faith in SMS to fix P cars because when it's good, it's ****ING excellent ��

Webcruise
09-09-2015, 06:56
Forza 5 was terrible for lag, half of the grid just used to shoot up in the air, or get a speed lag.and when that car catches up with the server it just plows through the pack pinging every car off the track on the way through like they're snooker balls. Project cars gets pretty bad speed lag where the car will slow down and speed up out of your control but I think forza was so much worse for it. Definetly gonna buy it but gonna keep faith in SMS to fix P cars because when it's good, it's ****ING excellent ��

I played the final version of Forza 6 with the Fanatec gear (set to automatic) and IT IS A SIM as it should be. Every single car reacts like it should out from the shop. The tweaking come from tuning the car (suspension, gears, motor parts changes, tires, rims, etc. etc).

Yes, Forza 5 was rather bad, thats why I was so happy PCars was going to be released. I am pretty digital, I play what is good and don't argue because of this game is better than that etc.. (I had these discussions too long and they startet with Amiga against Atari ST), some will remember :) It is worthless and a waste of time.

I have driven several cars on Nordschleife (in real) and know how they should feel, and with Forza 6 you can push the limit because of the good feedback (in the final version of F6, not the Demo wich I also played).

I will visit this forum from time to time, just to be updated. And if there are changes worth coming back I will.

Thanks guys for the nice time here with you and drive carefully at the limit :)

Ian Bell
09-09-2015, 07:00
Thread closed, the world's smallest violin has been played.