PDA

View Full Version : RGT-8 front left tire wears first

Road-Kill
09-09-2015, 02:12
The title pretty much says it all... the only two cars I have driven extensively so far are the RGT-8 and the RGT-8 GT3. On both of these cars my front left tire wears significantly faster than all the rest.

The tracks I race on most in solo play are Dubai, Hockenheim and Nubrigring. I am on the fourth career race of the German cup and also every track has been the same story... front left tire wears fastest.

Is this because more track turns are to the right or is something else going on???

Is there anything I can alter in tuning or driving style to even out wear?

Thanx in advance

Donald

AfterAll14
09-09-2015, 02:21
It depends on the track. Try Donington.

AdM1
09-09-2015, 02:59
Do you race with a wheel?

Front left will wear out faster if you take more right turns than anything else, likewise with going left the front right would wear faster.

yusupov
09-09-2015, 03:15
i would guess your driving style is not very smooth, but yeah depending on track it is normal for one tire to go faster than the others

Cheesenium
09-09-2015, 03:22
It is partly due to the track has more right turns than left.

And also, try not to drive on the the grass, gravel and the curbs as they wear your tires faster.

Road-Kill
09-09-2015, 07:02
OK I will try Donington. Thanx to all who replied.

Donald

Bubbs
09-09-2015, 07:23
Quite often you'll find that you need less lock / turning effort than you think in order to get around the bends. With a controller it's very easy to almost be at full lock on every corner causing the outside front tyre to scrub across the surface of the track, thus increasing the wear rate.

With a wheel it's probably slightly (a lot) easier to control the angle of the front wheels. I had problems such as this at Road America, and I found that by steering a little more gently, and slowing down in some corners by 2/3mph, that I could extend my tyre life by two laps - made for some interesting finishes to races where my opponents tyres were shot at the end.

Other thing - try and get the car as straight as possible before accelerating fully - that helps the fronts too.