PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: UK/EU clean racers, 9pm onwards, mainly GT-class 8-lap races, friendly banter

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Mascot
09-09-2015, 08:33
We are a group of five (Edit: now eleven - woohoo! Edit 2: now, erm, more than eleven - woooooo!)) UK, EU, and Sith Iffikka-based PS4 racers (and one goat pervert) in our 30s and 40s who race most nights of the week for a few hours from around 9pm GMT. We race in most classes (real assists) in dry (edit: or wet!) weather with 15min qualifying and 8-lap (edit: 10-lap) races. Sometimes (edit: always)(edit: not always) with pit stops. Sessions are not as serious as in organised leagues but we do try to race fairly, so positions gained through mistakes that cause offs/crashes are immediately conceded back. We are all miked up and banter is friendly, sarcastic and filthy. English language speakers would be preferred. We play for competitive fun and have a mix of skills and speeds. Hurling profanities at your rivals and utilising psychological mind-games to gain an advantage is encouraged. ;)

We have been opening our lobbies to the public to populate the grid but are now all totally fed up with almost every race being spoiled by random idiots who smash and bash their way around the track, or who deliberately try to spoil races. Our goal is to get enough like-minded souls on our friends lists so that we have enough sensible, mature and considerate racers to fill all sixteen grid positions so that the lobby can be kept private to keep the griefers out.

If that sounds of interest, if you can race cleanly, and if you are definitely not an idiot or a sexual deviant, please reply below and send me a FR with a covering note. My PSN is Masscot.

*FRs without a covering note will be ignored and deleted - you might be a cyber-hacking terrorist nonce for all I know.*

*NO MORE GOAT PERVERTS*

** HEADSETS ARE COMPULSORY AND COMMUNICATION IS ENCOURAGED **

Communication is not only important for weather and pit stop info, it's also common courtesy to apologise for any accidents caused and for conceding places back, for letting other players know your track position and/or penalty status for safer/cleaner racing, for suggesting cars and tracks... and just for general contribution to the banter. How the fuck can you make goat jokes without a mic..?

Cheers, and hopefully see you on the track.

* Edit: list of members: *

Plenty of room left - despite the long list of members we rarely hit the maximum lobby allowance.

Forum ID / PSN / Likes to be known as:

Mascot / Masscot / Mascot
Gary29 / GazGTiR23 / Gaz
ElectricBlues85 / ElectricBlues85 / Griff
stevemontuno / StevieMontuno / Steve
graveltrap / graveltrap / Grav (or Travelcrap in Skan Spoonerism styleee ;))
Peggy11 / H1LLB1LLY1981 / Hillbilly
cmch15 / CMcH_15 / Chris
BistoKid / DaveBisto / Dave
Norxman / FunWithWeapons /
Paulzx / /
madmesh / madmesh / madmesh
MVM600RR / MVM600RR / Sex Pervert Goatfucker Martijn
Pioneer1985 / steve25ccfc /
Cornellious / Cornellious007 /
Roninmanx / Ronin_Manx /
Skanda-Five / Skanda-Five / Skan (or Skandra since his operation)
BoereJack / BoereJack /
chickano / chickano / chickano
Ramagane / Ramagane /
AudioSlave92210 / AudioSlave92210 /
TitactiK / TitactiK-II / TicTac (or Katrina ;))
The Russian / The-Russian-71 /
Sum Dixon-Ear / savoury69 /
glender123 / Glender123 / Glen
Brian Coombes / GTPZ_Tuscani08 /
Jimbo1981 / KinG_JameS_5150 /
choppermeir / /
Vennt / acdaly70 /
* / KII55MYAR5ENAL / Simon
* / JacoNoortman46 / Tokoloshe
pyromaniak666 / pyromaniak666 / Pyro
* / R_Austinator /
* / Sim-Driver-GT66 /
* / ThePla7Maker /
pturpin / philipt84 /
* / krsht3 /
* / DruShan_87 /
Marrrfooo / Marrrfooo / Matt
xMALADJUSTEDx / xMALADJUSTEDx / Toni
* / NorthlanderGT /
roberttadcaster / allyandrob / Rob
RustyOnTour / /
Dolfken / Dolfken /
Crisis Nine / Momus_Nine /
BigCaller73 / BigCaller73 / Susan
whit3_rabb1t81 / whit3_rabb1t81 /

*KIA* Sproket / Sproket555 / Sproket *KIA*

Chris's Magic Lap Time Calculating Device (https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=28C245CD1D06B71C!22012&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!ADWXVPNMt4qJfJY)

FFB calculator (http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/cars)

Lobby sponsored by Hai Karate Aftershave "The obvious choice for the discerning racing driver" and horror movie The Witch.

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/d9/8d/0c/5c/922a/4b5c/b754/ca54f37745b7/goat-lookgif.gif?dpr=2&auto=format&q=75

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/af/a6/e3/5d/7f48/4110/955f/582b2a923a7e/goat-rungif.gif?dpr=2&auto=format&q=75

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/5f/72/50/40/0f47/4eef/aa8c/51387287fc7f/goat-dancegif.gif?dpr=2&auto=format&q=75

AudioSlave92210
09-09-2015, 08:48
Hi Mascot. I will send you a friend request. My Psn Id is AudioSlave92210. I would be happy to race with some gentlemen drivers.
France gmt +1 but I play most nights too with a friend.
See you in my mirrors ;)

Skanda-Five
09-09-2015, 08:49
Hi Mascot. I will send you a friend request. My Psn Id is AudioSlave92210. I would be happy to race with some gentlemen drivers.
See you in my mirrors ;)

Love that confidence!

Bring any clean racers that you know with you.

Mascot
09-09-2015, 08:56
See you in my mirrors ;)

Excellent. Just sent you a FR. Bring your friend too.

AudioSlave92210
09-09-2015, 09:05
Will check the FR tonight after work.
See you soon Mascot.

Mascot
09-09-2015, 11:00
Anyone else? Don't be shy!

Jimbo1981
09-09-2015, 12:12
Hello Mascot, i would like to race with you guys occasionally. I love a good clean race. My name is Jim, i live in belgium. I will send you a friend request tomorrow night. My psn is KinG_JameS_5150. Grtz

Brian Coombes
09-09-2015, 12:19
I would be interested in joining you guys on the free nights I have available as mainly tied up in league racing most nights, but do have a few nights that I don't race. A 50 ish Gentleman driver.;)

Mascot
09-09-2015, 13:47
Hello Mascot, i would like to race with you guys occasionally. I love a good clean race. My name is Jim, i live in belgium. I will send you a friend request tomorrow night. My psn is KinG_JameS_5150. Grtz

Look forward to seeing you on the track..! :)

Mascot
09-09-2015, 13:48
I would be interested in joining you guys on the free nights I have available as mainly tied up in league racing most nights, but do have a few nights that I don't race. A 50 ish Gentleman driver.;)

Thanks Brian - bung me a FR when you're ready and we look forward to seeing you on the track.

PSN: Masscot

Skanda-Five
09-09-2015, 14:08

Hiya Brian
I race with these guys all the time. Come and have a laugh with us later.
A quick distraction before GT3 league on Friday.

Skanda-Five
09-09-2015, 14:14
Nice one Masscot!
Dare I dream of a non-league lobby with only clean racers in it?

Mascot
09-09-2015, 14:18
Nice one Masscot!
Dare I dream of a non-league lobby with only clean racers in it?

Well we're getting there, but there's plenty of places left. Anyone..?

TitactiK
09-09-2015, 14:21
Feel free to add me guys, PSN TitactiK-II

I think this is a great idea been looking for something like this outside of championships.
Like you i too am fed up with publc lobbys.

choppermeir
09-09-2015, 14:22
I will send you a fr tonight masscot and have a friend as well who would be up for it

Brian Coombes
09-09-2015, 14:38
Hiya Brian
I race with these guys all the time. Come and have a laugh with us later.
A quick distraction before GT3 league on Friday.

Hi Skanda

I have a Clio Cup race tonight, what time do you guys race up until as might be able to join from about 9.30pm onwards.

Marrrfooo
09-09-2015, 14:44
Well we're getting there, but there's plenty of places left. Anyone..?

Hi Mascot,

Count me in - I know one or two others who will probably be interested. I've been toying with the idea of looking for a group of non-league but sensible racers in PCARS to avoid the lottery that is the multiplayer lobbies.

I must confess at present I'm a mild Metal Gear Solid-aholic so haven't played PCASRS for about two weeks - so will need to brush off the cobwebs before I join up with you guys, as no standard of driving is incident free if you're out of practice.

Regardless, send me an FR on PSN (Marrrfooo) and I'd love to come get involved shortly (and regularly).

Cheers,

Skanda-Five
09-09-2015, 15:03
Hi Skanda

I have a Clio Cup race tonight, what time do you guys race up until as might be able to join from about 9.30pm onwards.

I don't normally get online until about 9:30 and we often race until midnight. We'll be on after 9:30 tonight I reckon.
Good luck in the Clio Cup.

Mascot
09-09-2015, 15:10
Hi Mascot,

Count me in - I know one or two others who will probably be interested. I've been toying with the idea of looking for a group of non-league but sensible racers in PCARS to avoid the lottery that is the multiplayer lobbies.

I must confess at present I'm a mild Metal Gear Solid-aholic so haven't played PCASRS for about two weeks - so will need to brush off the cobwebs before I join up with you guys, as no standard of driving is incident free if you're out of practice.

Regardless, send me an FR on PSN (Marrrfooo) and I'd love to come get involved shortly (and regularly).

Cheers,

FR sent. Catch you on the track..!

Mascot
09-09-2015, 15:11
Feel free to add me guys, PSN TitactiK-II

I think this is a great idea been looking for something like this outside of championships.
Like you i too am fed up with publc lobbys.

FR sent!

AudioSlave92210
09-09-2015, 16:04
Mascot, please can you add my friend. His Psn is Teuira1973.
See you tonight.

TitactiK
09-09-2015, 16:34
FR sent!

Thanks Mascot
Look forward to racing you guys, see ya on track.

Peggy11
09-09-2015, 16:59
Hi Masscot.

I raced with you and Skanda a week ago Sunday (not been able to get on much since due to work). Add me and I will always join in if I am online when you all are.

PSN H1LLB1LLY1981

Vennt
09-09-2015, 17:10
Heya Mascot - Same mascot as from Neogaf I'm guessing? :)

Add me: acdaly70

graveltrap
09-09-2015, 18:14
Feel free to ping me an invite, If you can put up with a grumpy old bugger! I do really need to get back into online racing again.

I am in need of a headset though...which may be a good thing ;)

pioneer1985
09-09-2015, 18:15
I would like to add you on my friends list as I am too looking to get as many people as possible to have clean races with. Just one thing though do you force the realistic aids as I prefer to play with all assists off don't mind others using them though. I will be on tonight.

Mascot
09-09-2015, 19:37
Feel free to ping me an invite, If you can put up with a grumpy old bugger! I do really need to get back into online racing again.

I am in need of a headset though...which may be a good thing ;)

Holy shit Grav - looong time no see!
You are FAR too fast for us. Promise to put a tennis ball under your accelerator, yes?

Mascot
09-09-2015, 19:39
Mascot, please can you add my friend. His Psn is Teuira1973.
See you tonight.

Done!

Mascot
09-09-2015, 19:40
Heya Mascot - Same mascot as from Neogaf I'm guessing? :)

Add me: acdaly70

Done!

Mascot
09-09-2015, 19:41
I would like to add you on my friends list as I am too looking to get as many people as possible to have clean races with. Just one thing though do you force the realistic aids as I prefer to play with all assists off don't mind others using them though. I will be on tonight.

No assists are forced - turn off any you like! What's your PSN?

Mascot
09-09-2015, 19:42
Hi Masscot.

I raced with you and Skanda a week ago Sunday (not been able to get on much since due to work). Add me and I will always join in if I am online when you all are.

PSN H1LLB1LLY1981

Done! We were wondering what happened to you..! ;)

pioneer1985
09-09-2015, 19:48
No assists are forced - turn off any you like! What's your PSN?

steve25ccfc I already sent you request and you have added me.

Mascot
09-09-2015, 19:59
steve25ccfc I already sent you request and you have added me.

Aha! :)

glender123
09-09-2015, 22:13
Cheers for that, was good racing with you guys, couldnt join in the banter too much unfortunatley as im using the freebee mic at the mo and its sh&%e!
Really enjoyed it.

Mascot
10-09-2015, 07:16
Great racing last night chaps, and nice to meet all the new recruits. It was so nice not worrying about getting smashed off at every corner, or sideswiped as you overtake, or blocked by somebody on a go-slow penalty. Excellent fun.

Still plenty of space for anyone else who's interested! :)

AudioSlave92210
10-09-2015, 07:29
Great races for sure.
And I confirm, guys you're really fast!
See you soon.

Peggy11
10-09-2015, 08:21
Sorry guys I didn't manage to get on last night, sounds like I missed some good racing. If all goes to plan I hope to be on tonight and Friday night if you're online?

Skanda-Five
10-09-2015, 08:27
That was superb racing last night and I almost crashed at one point because I was laughing so much. Is there a better advert than that? No rammers anywhere. Just good racers having a laugh. Superb!

I'm happy to race with any of you.

Great to meet Steve, Tictactik, Audioslave, Teuira (may have mispelled that). Don't be strangers.

Skanda-Five
10-09-2015, 08:37
Sorry guys I didn't manage to get on last night, sounds like I missed some good racing. If all goes to plan I hope to be on tonight and Friday night if you're online?

I'm on later. I'm sure we will all be.

Mascot
10-09-2015, 08:56
I'm on later. I'm sure we will all be.

Yep, I should be on around 9pm. Looking forward to it!

Come on, lurkers - sign up!

Peggy11
10-09-2015, 09:07
Right I will do my best to put in an appearance then tonight.

Sproket
10-09-2015, 09:10
When I finally got off, the missus had gone to bed. I'm definitely not flavour of the month. Well worth it :cool:Great fun guys.

Marrrfooo
10-09-2015, 09:19
Yep, I should be on around 9pm. Looking forward to it!

Come on, lurkers - sign up!

Apologies for not getting on last night (and therefore not yet accepting the friend request!). I hope to be on this evening. :)

Mascot
10-09-2015, 09:59
Apologies for not getting on last night (and therefore not yet accepting the friend request!). I hope to be on this evening. :)

Good stuff - hopefully see you later!

I thought I was enjoying pCARS (especially the multiplayer) before last night, but the game really came alive in that private lobby. It was superb. It made me realise just how much the random idiots and griefers have been ruining my experience up until then, and what a shame there's no way to deal with them effectively when they appear.

Private lobbies with like-minded people all the way from now on! :)

Marrrfooo
10-09-2015, 10:13

I thought I was enjoying pCARS (especially the multiplayer) before last night, but the game really came alive in that private lobby. It was superb. It made me realise just how much the random idiots and griefers have been ruining my experience up until then, and what a shame there's no way to deal with them effectively when they appear.

Exactly my feelings - this is why your offer for non-league racing with easy going but seriously-racing-minded people strikes that balance. Nice and relaxed racing, but with friendly and basic driver courtesies - it makes such a difference. Everyone makes mistakes and that's what makes it racing and it's fine - it's the smashing/using-your-car-as-a-brake idiots that ruin it.

I think if you can carve out your little section on the online world with these types of people (which appears to be what you've got going on) then your enjoyment of PCARS is likely to be that much greater.

Either way, I'm looking forward to getting back into PCARS and demonstrating some humiliating oversteer corner spins in front of friendly strangers. :)

Mascot
10-09-2015, 11:01
Any more takers? Come on, don't be shy!

TitactiK
10-09-2015, 16:57

Well said couldn't agree more.
Unfortunately people like this will always be around no matter what system or game you play.
I've said from the start, SMS should follow in the footsteps of rockstar with some kind of bad sport thingymagiggy.

Great racing, great banter, looking forward to doing it all again.

glender123
11-09-2015, 07:47
Really enjoyable racing again last night.
That was a good battle round dubai mascott!
Apologies for the radio silence, I can hear you all, my mic doesnt work properly though, I will try and pick a new one up today.
I would recommend anyone to have a go racing with this lot, without doubt the best fun I have had on PC so far and its pretty evenly matched, so, close racing aswel. Cheers again guys.

Mascot
11-09-2015, 08:19
Really enjoyable racing again last night.
That was a good battle round dubai mascott!

It was epic! Nose to tail for four or five laps, brakes fading and tyres wearing fast in the desert heat, hanging on for dear life. I was kicking myself at the end though - I backed off a little before the final bend thinking it was over, and what happened? You ran wide..! I think I was just overlapping your rear bumper over the line. Fantastic battle.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, racing in a clean lobby with courteous (but competitive) drivers is night and day compared to the clusterfucks of public lobbies. Brilliant stuff.

Apologies for the radio silence, I can hear you all, my mic doesnt work properly though, I will try and pick a new one up today.
I would recommend anyone to have a go racing with this lot, without doubt the best fun I have had on PC so far and its pretty evenly matched, so, close racing aswel. Cheers again guys.

The comms are the only let-down. We had twelve racers at one point so party chat was out of the question, but the voice quality in standard lobby chat is abysmal - overly loud and distorted. I really struggled to hear what some people were saying half of the time, so apologies if anyone thought I was ignoring them. Later on we were down to eight racers so switched to party chat, and it's crystal clear by comparison. Sony really need to take a look at this.

Peggy11
11-09-2015, 08:52
Was good fun last night, apart from my technical issues. My mic just would not work, I could hear everyone but nobody could hear me, new headset time me thinks.
My wheel also went to 360 DOR on it's own after race one and wouldn't reset so that made things interesting as well.
Will sort a new headset for next time and wheel seems okay this morning!

AudioSlave92210
11-09-2015, 10:00
Sorry for not speaking with all of you but my english spoken is so bad, plus the bad voices quality in the lobbies make me unable to understand more than 10% of your conversation. But fun was here and it's all that matter.
Is there a special rewards for regularity, cause I always finish last ;)
Have a nice day gentlemen drivers.

Mascot
11-09-2015, 10:16
Sorry for not speaking with all of you but my english spoken is so bad, plus the bad voices quality in the lobbies make me unable to understand more than 10% of your conversation. But fun was here and it's all that matter.
Is there a special rewards for regularity, cause I always finish last ;)
Have a nice day gentlemen drivers.

It doesn't matter where you place as long as you're having fun..! :)

Having said that, I'm not too happy about being consistently out-qualified by Skan since he bought his CheatWheel300™. I'd got quite used to him propping up the grid like a drunken uncle.
;)

Sproket
11-09-2015, 10:29
It doesn't matter where you place as long as you're having fun..! :)

Having said that, I'm not too happy about being consistently out-qualified by Skan since he bought his CheatWheel300™. I'd got quite used to him propping up the grid like a drunken uncle.
;)
I've taken that mantle. And proud of it :cool:

AudioSlave92210
11-09-2015, 10:56
You all have a wheel? I must confess I play with a pad. Yes, I know it's shameful.
So a friend can sell me his fanatec csr wheel + pedals for a nice price. Is it a good choice or a T300 rs + t3pa is better?

Mascot
11-09-2015, 11:14
You all have a wheel? I must confess I play with a pad. Yes, I know it's shameful.
So a friend can sell me his fanatec csr wheel + pedals for a nice price. Is it a good choice or a T300 rs + t3pa is better?

Martin (MVM600RR) uses a pad and he seems to win almost all of the races..!

I can't comment on the CSR wheel or T300RS, but I'm very happy with my Fanatec GT2 (and backup Frankenwheel hybrid, which I'm currently using as my GT2 awaits a replacement microswitch in one paddle shifter). The T300RS is officially supported on PS4 though so might work with more games. Skan is a good 2 seconds quicker since changing to his T300 from a more basic wheel.

How cheaply can you get the CSR? If it's really cheap then that might be worth looking at.

AudioSlave92210
11-09-2015, 11:29
The fanatec would cost me around 150€ with the pedals. But I don't want to buy another wheel for gt7. The t300 rs is good but it seems to have fiability issues.

Peggy11
11-09-2015, 11:34
I use the T300rs and get on very well with it. The few problems I have had I think are more to do with PC than the actual wheel itself. It works like a dream on Driveclub and F1 2015.

Marrrfooo
11-09-2015, 11:55
The fanatec would cost me around 150€. But I don't want to buy another wheel for gt7. The t300 rs is good but it seems to have fiability issues.

Sorry to somewhat chime in out of nowhere... :)

The reliability issues with the TM wheels seems to be anecdotal - what I mean is, there seems to be no more issues with TM gear than there is with Fanatec gear. It's down to pure chance it seems. As a person living in France, even if you were unlucky enough to have a problem you would have far less problems than most if you had to get involved with TM customer care and there are plenty of reports of people getting great customer service from TM customer care.

The T300RS is great. All of the add-ons that it has are excellent too (I bought the T3PA-PRO pedals and they are excellent) although the stock pedals are perfectly fine, they just don't look that nice compared to say Fanatec ones.

If it were me, I'd go with the T300RS. Lots of room to customise your setup either immediately (T3PA-PRO pedals, F1 wheel, TH8A shifter) or later on with further releases of add-ons that TM seem to be working on (599 Evo XX 30" Alcantara wheel is on my hit list). It's quite strong compatibility with the PS4 is handy too. But it feels great, has excellent feedback, lost of customisable elements to make the experience what you want it to be.

AudioSlave92210
11-09-2015, 12:32
The only reason that keeps me buying the Csr is compatibility with other games.
I am gonna wait the test of the t150 rs, just to see. Maybe a t150 rs + t3pa will be egal or better than the csr of my friend.
T300 rs tempts me since a long time but it's not the same budget (cause I have to buy a stand too (+150 euros)).
Fanatec in a few weeks or T300 in a few months. You can call me Pad-Man for a little while ;)
Thanks for your advices.

Marrrfooo
11-09-2015, 12:38
The only reason that keeps me buying the Csr is compatibility with other games.
I am gonna wait the test of the t150 rs, just to see. Maybe a t150 rs + t3pa will be egal or better than the csr of my friend.
T300 rs tempts me since a long time but it's not the same budget (cause I have to buy a stand too (+150 euros)).
Fanatec in a few weeks or T300 in a few months. You can call me Pad-Man for a little while ;)
Thanks for your advices.

You're welcome. And I know what you mean - I bought the T300RS @ 250 + the stand @ 100 meant a 250 investment instantly became a 350 investment. Then I bought the T3PA-PRO's at launch @ 150 and that means that it's worth 500 now! But if you want to enjoy wheel racing, you largely have to spend that money. It's best not to think about it too much as long as spending it won't get you in trouble...

There's never been a better time to get into wheel racing. PCARS, Assetto Corsa coming to console, Dirt Rally will probably do the same eventually and even PCARS2 (or PCAR2 as I call it) and eventually the mythic beast that is GT7...

Brian Coombes
11-09-2015, 12:40
Hoping to join you guys tomorrow night as i don't have a race, as cant do to much racing in one evening, sounds like you guys are have a lot of fun.

Mascot
11-09-2015, 12:40
Yeah, the original reason I went for the Fanatec GT2 was because it worked with the 360, the PS3 and PC. I'd given up hope of it ever working on the PS4 so the fact that SMS achieved support in pCARS was a bonus. If I was buying today with no affordable multiplat wheel available I'd definitely go for the T300. My wheel and Clubsport pedals cost me around 500 delivered, I think. The T300 represents good value for money by comparison.

I still think I'll end up getting a Clubsport wheel when consumer VR goes mainstream, along with the inevitable migration to PC gaming. I've already got a slush fund underway in anticipation..! :p

Hoping to join you guys tomorrow night as i don't have a race, as cant do to much racing in one evening, sounds like you guys are have a lot of fun.

Look forward to it!

Marrrfooo
11-09-2015, 13:05
Yeah, the original reason I went for the Fanatec GT2 was because it worked with the 360, the PS3 and PC. I'd given up hope of it ever working on the PS4 so the fact that SMS achieved support in pCARS was a bonus. If I was buying today with no affordable multiplat wheel available I'd definitely go for the T300. My wheel and Clubsport pedals cost me around 500 delivered, I think. The T300 represents good value for money by comparison.

I still think I'll end up getting a Clubsport wheel when consumer VR goes mainstream, along with the inevitable migration to PC gaming. I've already got a slush fund underway in anticipation..! :p

Look forward to it!

Agree with you on both a move towards PC gaming (keep eyeballing some lovely deals) and looking forward to some racing this weekend. I haven't even tried any of the latest DLC stuff as I've just recently done an HDD changeover and downloaded it immediately afterward but never fired up PCARS before MGSV kidnapped my life. :))

Mascot
11-09-2015, 13:19
It'll be quite a while before I move to PC gaming. I want consumer VR to be firmly established first (as anyone who has tried it will confirm - it's definitely the future of sim racing..!) and want the optimum PC hardware to run it when appropriate specs are known. Plus, with PC hardware, the longer you wait, the bigger bang you get for your buck.

I imagine I'll probably move around the time when pCARS 2 launches, as first-gen VR hardware wrinkles should also have been ironed out by then.

AudioSlave92210
11-09-2015, 13:30
About VR, Morpheus on the ps4, must try. PCars ps4 is Morpheus compatible normally.

Mascot
11-09-2015, 13:41
About VR, Morpheus on the ps4, must try. PCars ps4 is Morpheus compatible normally.

I really can't see PS4 hardware being able to do VR justice in games like pCARS. Popular opinion is that you need minimum 90fps per eye for believable immersion, so the graphical downgrade must be phenomenal. Hoping to be proved wrong though.

AudioSlave92210
11-09-2015, 14:07
Pcars ps4 can't maintain 60fps so you're right. Morpheus refresh at 120hz via some interpolation. A solid 60hz source work with morpheus.
It's just the beginning of VR for mister everybody (free adaptation of a french expression: monsieur tout le monde).

Mascot
11-09-2015, 14:28
So, who is up for some racing tonight? New members welcome, just see the OP and send me a FR.

glender123
11-09-2015, 14:31

I'm a pad man also, your certainly not alone! This is the first driving game I've had for a few years, so I sold my old wheel. I used to use it religiously and I would invest in a wheel now if it were'nt for my impending wedding!
I'm pretty comfortable using both but much prefer a wheel, after an intense race with the pad my thumbs ache as I grip it like my life depends on it and my lap times slip the longer the race goes on.
So you can call me man-pad :)

Peggy11
11-09-2015, 14:34
So, who is up for some racing tonight? New members welcome, just see the OP and send me a FR.

I will be there, new headset and all :listening_headphone

AudioSlave92210
11-09-2015, 14:36
So, who is up for some racing tonight?
Pad-Man will be there. I'll be the broom wagon (hope the translation is correct)

TitactiK
11-09-2015, 14:46

I'll be about throw an invite when your on, see ya soon chaps.

pioneer1985
11-09-2015, 14:51
Pcars ps4 can't maintain 60fps so you're right. Morpheus refresh at 120hz via some interpolation. A solid 60hz source work with morpheus.
It's just the beginning of VR for mister everybody (free adaptation of a french expression: monsieur tout le monde).

Interpolation don't sound good to me as from my use of anything that uses it causes a delay in controller input (input lag) I'm of mascot's view and a bit sceptical of how well its going to perform on ps4.

I will be. I just need to start learning some of the tracks you guys use more like imola or else I will be fighting for last place with audioslave alot :D

Peggy11
11-09-2015, 15:02
Pad-Man will be there. I'll be the broom wagon (hope the translation is correct)

Pretty sure you were ahead of me most or all of the races last night!

AudioSlave92210
11-09-2015, 15:14
Pretty sure you were ahead of me most or all of the races last night!

It's because I was 1 lap late/down. (Don't know the real term)

AudioSlave92210
11-09-2015, 15:17
Interpolation don't sound good to me as from my use of anything that uses it causes a delay in controller input (input lag) I'm of mascot's view and a bit sceptical of how well its going to perform on ps4.
Ok guys. So I won't play GT7 VR with you.

Mascot
11-09-2015, 18:09
Well, I spent the last three hours taking my wheel apart, carefully de-soldering a faulty microswitch (which was a fiddly bastard to do), carefully soldering on a new microswitch (which was a fiddly son of a bitch to do), re-assembling the wheel, and.... it doesn't bloody work. Bah! Dry joint, short circuit, fried the board... who knows. Looks like I'll be on the spare wheel again tonight. ;)

BistoKid
11-09-2015, 23:41
Have u any room for another?
Random rooms drive me mad and if on the same time, if not with another club, would like to join in.
PSN DaveBisto

graveltrap
11-09-2015, 23:46
Sorry to whom ever I hit in the first corner rear ended at Road America, I'd muted my mic to stop pick up so my spoken apology wasn't heard :(

Thanks for my first online experience in Project Cars! My race craft is rusty as hell, too much TT and not enough racing ;) Main revelation from tonight is that I need to pick a GT3 car and save a decent FFB setup to every track, more practice with others is required.

Sproket
11-09-2015, 23:56
Random rooms drive me mad and if on the same time, if not with another club, would like to join in.
PSN DaveBisto

Hi Bisto add me and strap your self in for a Saturday night when PC's gets reinvented.
There's mind games woo hoo ! Ask Masscot ? :rolleyes:

Peggy11
12-09-2015, 06:59
Another night of superb racing, fun and banter last night. PC has really come alive since I started racing with this group.

Had some good battles and close racing in nearly every race (when I didn't spin off). Even managed two abreast around the long hairpin at Road America with Mascot and we both came out the other side unscathed!

See you tonight guys, can't wait.

Mascot
12-09-2015, 07:08
Sorry to whom ever I hit in the first corner rear ended at Road America, I'd muted my mic to stop pick up so my spoken apology wasn't heard :(

Thanks for my first online experience in Project Cars! My race craft is rusty as hell, too much TT and not enough racing ;) Main revelation from tonight is that I need to pick a GT3 car and save a decent FFB setup to every track, more practice with others is required.

It was good racing with you again Grav, it's been a long time since the PGR3 days. I also owe a couple of apologies for small shunts - I was only getting between 80-90% braking power due to a collapsed ball (sounds painful) on my CSP load cell mod (details here if anyone's interested (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21978-PS4-Fanatec-hardware-discussion-thread&p=1099827&viewfull=1#post1099827)), so my braking points were a little fubar. I'll get the ball swapped out for a proper ball bearing today.

Still great fun though, and good to get a full 16 players in a private lobby. Those DTM cars and the Radicals stick like shit to a blanket compared to the GT3 cars..! Mental note: remember to map a DRS button to my wheel.

I need to look at my headset levels too - I had my 5.1 whisper-quiet but it was still getting sent through my mic, even after turning the mic level right down. Maybe it needs a foam cover or something. It's one of these Gioteck jobbies:

http://tesco.scene7.com/is/image/tesco/324-2870_PI_66904MN?wid=493&ht=538

Mascot
12-09-2015, 07:09
PSN DaveBisto

Just sent you a FR, BistoKid. I'll drop you an invite if I see you online. :)

Mascot
12-09-2015, 07:14
Another night of superb racing, fun and banter last night. PC has really come alive since I started racing with this group.

Had some good battles and close racing in nearly every race (when I didn't spin off). Even managed two abreast around the long hairpin at Road America with Mascot and we both came out the other side unscathed!

See you tonight guys, can't wait.

Yeah, that carousel battle at RA was epic - I could only tell where you were by looking at the map. Some blind spot indicators would be nice until VR lets us look left, right and behind properly. It's so nice to race with people who avoid accidents rather than actively seeking to crash - I'm still getting used to that after suffering random idiots for so long.

glender123
12-09-2015, 08:20
Apologies for not joining last night mascot, when you invited me I was still in my gt3 league race which happend to be highly unpleasant and a bit shit really, so I had a strop and went and drunk many beverages instead!
Sounds like I missed a good evening though. Catch you all soon.

azidahaka
12-09-2015, 08:26
Not sure if it is allowed to be posted but these:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ps4-multi-room-gt3-world-championship-starts-sun-20-09-15-season-one-2-places-left.333551/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ps4-bmw-m3-gt3-trophy-season-1-spots-available-14-09-15-race-1-dubai-international.333578/

are 2 series you might be interested looking at

Mascot
12-09-2015, 08:28
Apologies for not joining last night mascot, when you invited me I was still in my gt3 league race which happend to be highly unpleasant and a bit shit really, so I had a strop and went and drunk many beverages instead!
Sounds like I missed a good evening though. Catch you all soon.

Ah, no problem. Apologies for spamming you (and Sproket) with invites during a league race - according to PSN you were both in single player. It does this sometimes, apparently. Weird.

Catch you again soon.

AudioSlave92210
12-09-2015, 09:08
Great races yesterday. Had a lot of fun. Dtm cars+drs+pad+curves was really dangerous. Sorry for the mistakes if I hurt someone. See you soon.
PS: Mascot, the duel at Nurbs GP was great. But you clearly win in the las chicane.

Mascot
12-09-2015, 09:21
Great races yesterday. Had a lot of fun. Dtm cars+drs+pad+curves was really dangerous. Sorry for the mistakes if I hurt someone. See you soon.
PS: Mascot, the duel at Nurbs GP was great. But you clearly win in the las chicane.

That was a great battle, we must have been toe-to-tail for four or five laps and swapped the lead a few times. That last chicane though: I wasn't sure if the pass was clean or not so slowed down to let you overtake, you obviously thought it was clean so you slowed down to let me continue, then some sneaky vulture came from nowhere (I can't remember who it was - COME ON, FESS UP YOU BASTARD ;)) and passed us both just before the finish line. I was cracking up, it was hilarious..! Great stuff.

Peggy11
12-09-2015, 10:05
That was a great battle, we must have been toe-to-tail for four or five laps and swapped the lead a few times. That last chicane though: I wasn't sure if the pass was clean or not so slowed down to let you overtake, you obviously thought it was clean so you slowed down to let me continue, then some sneaky vulture came from nowhere (I can't remember who it was - COME ON, FESS UP YOU BASTARD ;)) and passed us both just before the finish line. I was cracking up, it was hilarious..! Great stuff.

T'was me! I thought you'd taken each other off on the last corner in the heat of battle. Ha :rolleyes:

pioneer1985
12-09-2015, 11:07
Yeah good racing again last night fellas unfortunately I was at the back of the grid most races but still good fun. Zolder was a shocker for me with them chicanes, I think I had penalties every lap :o

Mascot
12-09-2015, 11:30
Yeah good racing again last night fellas unfortunately I was at the back of the grid most races but still good fun. Zolder was a shocker for me with them chicanes, I think I had penalties every lap :o

Yeah, not a big fan of Zolder either, even with good brakes. It's all stop-start. No flow.

Marrrfooo
14-09-2015, 07:31
Yeah, not a big fan of Zolder either, even with good brakes. It's all stop-start. No flow.

I know what you mean about Zolder having very little/no flow, but for some reason I quite like the place - although I'm no fan of it's track limits. One on occasion I received a 10sec penalty for being no more than 12" wider on a corner exit than a previous lap and even got 3x penalties in one lap (which effectively ended the battles I was having). :) That said I think Imola somewhat suffers from the same, although there's just one or two corners on that circuit that I'm not good enough at yet, but they penalise towards the 10sec level too.

Question:
Once we're all relatively comfortable that there are no wolves in sheep's clothing amongst the flock (i.e. potential nutters / spontaneous cheaters) would it be a more sensible idea to race without the penalty system? I certainly would say from the 4-5 races that I've been part of not a single person took the piss out of track limits and everyone raced properly. I also suspect that with so many quite evenly matched there will be occasions where 2-3 abreast exiting corners could force a car slightly wide to then receive a harsh 5-10sec penalty. Just a topic for discussion to see what the rest of you think... Part of me thinks it's always good to have boundaries but a larger part of me thinks it potentially impacts the open racing of the group as everyone seems to drive fair and clean. :)

Apologies to I think AudioSlave for tapping them @ turn 1 / lap 1 @ Nurburgring. There was no spin, but I outbroke myself and doing that into turn 1 / lap 1 is properly stupid and I apologise.
Additionally, apologies to H1llb1lly as I tapped and spun him @ Road America in similar circumstances - he was very gracious about it and at the time all I could do was stop and let him rejoin ahead (I'm pretty sure Masscot +1 other got past me then too - curse my driving morals lol).
Great racing though - really excellent, good laughs and fun - am proper chuffed that I came across you guys - completely changing PCARS for me. I'll bring a friend sometime during this week - he's quite keen to get back in too.

Possible race suggestions for next time (in case we get collective brain freeze like Friday night and struggle for inspiration):
Formula Gulf @ Zuhai - it's actually a better circuit than it looks and the F/Gs bring it out somewhat.
Clio Cup @ Oulton Park/Snetterton - because they're just great to have battles on tight-ish circuits.
Zonda (Cinque or R) @ Monza - because the engines must be made to bleed at max revs to get the most out of their amazing sound.
Ginetta G40's (GT4) or BMW 320*** (TC2) @ Brno - make sure you up the PSI on the leftside tyres.
Lotus 82 @ Watkins Glen - this brings the best out of this circuit (set to a late afternoon race time).
Ford Capri @ Brands Hatch - just to hark back to days gone by.

*** - DLC car

Marrrfooo
14-09-2015, 07:32
Yeah, that carousel battle at RA was epic - I could only tell where you were by looking at the map. Some blind spot indicators would be nice until VR lets us look left, right and behind properly. It's so nice to race with people who avoid accidents rather than actively seeking to crash - I'm still getting used to that after suffering random idiots for so long.

I thought proximity arrows/indicators were part of the 3.0 release but looking at the patch notes that doesn't seem to be the case. It must be coming for 3.x or 4.0 - I know they're on the dev list and were definitely coming.

Mascot
14-09-2015, 07:48
I've not been around for the past couple of nights but should be on this evening around 9:15-ish, all being well.
Interesting idea about disabling track limit penalties, Marrrfooo. No reason not to try it at some point and see how we get on, as some of the penalties do seem a little random. Turning them off might actually be a lot fairer for all.

I did enjoy the DTM race on Friday. Shame SMS are cock-blocked by Sector 3's DTM license from having anything except the Mercs, and even then with very simplified non-race liveries. .

Marrrfooo
14-09-2015, 07:51
I've not been around for the past couple of nights but should be on this evening around 9:15-ish, all being well.
Interesting idea about disabling track limit penalties, Marrrfooo. No reason not to try it at some point and see how we get on, as some of the penalties do seem a little random. Turning them off might actually be a lot fairer for all.

I did enjoy the DTM race on Friday. Shame SMS are cock-blocked by Sector 3's DTM license from having anything except the Mercs, and even then with very simplified non-race liveries. .

Ah I wondered why the DTM content was so light - I knew there had to be a commercial reason behind it... I really enjoyed that race - I did spin out horribly from 4th down to 12th but still managed to catch up a little.

Additionally the Ford Capri / BMW equivalents @ Hockenheimring are a blast too.

Gary29
14-09-2015, 10:52
I've just taken delivery of a playseat and T300RS, so I'm up for some 'gentleman' racing, I'm also in the age bracket you specified :sorrow:

PSN: GazGTiR23

Will fire an FR your way.

Edit: Just read that you want people who are DEFINITELY not idiots? I may struggle to fully meet this expectation but I'll try my best.

Marrrfooo
14-09-2015, 11:15
I've just taken delivery of a playseat and T300RS, so I'm up for some 'gentleman' racing, I'm also in the age bracket you specified :sorrow:

Edit: Just read that you want people who are DEFINITELY not idiots? I may struggle to fully meet this expectation but I'll try my best.

Any session in which I am present is NOT entirely idiot-free by its very nature. However, that never stopped Pastor Maldonado now, did it...? :P

In seriousness though - this is a great group of racers. Zero use of other peoples cars as brakes. Zero deliberate track cutting. (Yes, it really is possible!)

Relaxed fun with a real spread of abilities. Plenty of action. It's totally changing my levels of enjoyment for PCARS (and I already loved this game).

Mascot
14-09-2015, 11:19

Ha ha..! Nice one. See you on the track soon.

Your post made me think: it'd be good to see photos of the various set-ups that people have in this thread. There are quite a few wheel users here.

graveltrap
14-09-2015, 11:35
T300RS on an Omega wheelstand, no room for a full rig :( it is sometimes prone to random button presses PS and Share button are the worst which result in spearing off the track at maximum velocity...

Are there any circuits that will be seen a little more often, running default setups on Friday was painful at times!! Zolder was the only place I was remotely competitive, that was with a completely stock RUF including the fuel load :eek: It was the track I was most familiar with by a long way :)

Second on the Clio and 320TC, fun cars and the one make nature should make for interesting racing...

AudioSlave92210
14-09-2015, 11:39
Apologies to I think AudioSlave for tapping them @ turn 1 / lap 1 @ Nurburgring. There was no spin, but I outbroke myself and doing that into turn 1 / lap 1 is properly stupid and I apologise.
No problem. I use the Adrenaline+testosterone cocktail too when driving (virtually). ;)
I think I will be there tonight, maybe with Teuira1973.
Have a nice day guys.

Marrrfooo
14-09-2015, 11:48
No problem. I use the Adrenaline+testosterone cocktail too when driving (virtually). ;)
I think I will be there tonight, maybe with Teuira1973.
Have a nice day guys.

Thanks for the patience, mate. I was trying to NOT get involved in one of those incidents really hard, but just missed my focus for a split second. Still, was an ass-hat thing to do. :)

The Russian
14-09-2015, 11:52
Do you race weekends?

Marrrfooo
14-09-2015, 11:54
T300RS on an Omega wheelstand, no room for a full rig :( it is sometimes prone to random button presses PS and Share button are the worst which result in spearing off the track at maximum velocity...

Are there any circuits that will be seen a little more often, running default setups on Friday was painful at times!! Zolder was the only place I was remotely competitive, that was with a completely stock RUF including the fuel load :eek: It was the track I was most familiar with by a long way :)

Second on the Clio and 320TC, fun cars and the one make nature should make for interesting racing...

I used to get the random Share/PS button presses on my T300 but haven't for a while now (you watch me get one the next time we race - lol).

I haven't even turned my hand to car tuning yet actually - am using the stock setups bar fuel and occasional PSI tweaks. Goes some way to explaining the 2-4secs off the polesitters - but I'm more likely to stuff up setups at this point. Will
experiment with them at some point if I have the courage hehe.

The Clio's I think have such a balance and comparative lightness to them that you can door-rub without fear of twitchy spins and as its FWD it's a little easier to control in such situations in a pack - at least that's the way it's felt for me up against the AI and a few friends in the past.

Another suggestion - the tiny Monza short circuit in a night race! It's a really simple layout so might be a nice way to try a night race (might need to take damage off entirely as even visual damage breaks the headlights from what I recall - unless that's been patched out).

Mascot
14-09-2015, 12:33
Do you race weekends?

Yep, normally. Couldn't manage Sat or Sun just gone though.

Mascot
14-09-2015, 12:38

There are four buttons on my GT2 that can get accidently pressed if I change grip on the the wheel - I'm often requesting pit stops or turning my wipers on by mistake.
All tracks can be in the rotation (except Zolder ;)). We tend to have Imola, RA, Silverstone GP in there somewhere as they always seem to have good races. I use stock set-ups anyway (and use the slow Z4) so it doesn't bother me.

AudioSlave92210
14-09-2015, 12:45
Do you race weekends?
I spend time with my wife, my children and my dog but I can try to be there if there is a special event.

Marrrfooo
14-09-2015, 13:31
There are four buttons on my GT2 that can get accidently pressed if I change grip on the the wheel - I'm often requesting pit stops or turning my wipers on by mistake.
All tracks can be in the rotation (except Zolder ;)). We tend to have Imola, RA, Silverstone GP in there somewhere as they always seem to have good races. I use stock set-ups anyway (and use the slow Z4) so it doesn't bother me.

In which case I'm going to put a case forward for one of Watkins Glen, Monza or Spa in that mix. I think the general consensus was against Spa previously (lol), Monza is great only with pretty fast cars (Formula or LMP+), Watkins Glen I find is really good with pretty much anything from GT4 upwards.

I might well be on my own - but I really love Watkins Glen, it's a great circuit. :)

Mascot
14-09-2015, 14:10
In which case I'm going to put a case forward for one of Watkins Glen, Monza or Spa in that mix. I think the general consensus was against Spa previously (lol), Monza is great only with pretty fast cars (Formula or LMP+), Watkins Glen I find is really good with pretty much anything from GT4 upwards.

I might well be on my own - but I really love Watkins Glen, it's a great circuit. :)

Watkins Glen (especially with G40s), Spa and Monza are all good in my book. Spa is normally in the rotation.

Mascot
14-09-2015, 14:13
In other news, I just bought a barely-used CSR Elite (and Elite pedals, shifters and wheel stand pro - all unwanted, to be sold on), so looking forward to getting that.

Yeah, I really need three wheels.

Marrrfooo
14-09-2015, 14:17
In other news, I just bought a barely-used CSR Elite (and Elite pedals, shifters and wheel stand pro - all unwanted, to be sold on), so looking forward to getting that.

Are you in fact an Octopus?

OMFG - you're Octodad aren't you?! :P

AudioSlave92210
14-09-2015, 15:09

Csr Elite. You're lucky.

Mascot
14-09-2015, 15:23
Csr Elite. You're lucky.

Or unlucky - I missed a CSW v1 with BMW rim for the same price at the weekend..! :mad:

AudioSlave92210
14-09-2015, 15:26
A friend sell me his fanatec csr wheel + pedals csr elite v1 for 100 euros. I'm gonna buy it and will update for GT7.
What are the differences between a Csr Elite and an Elite v1? Brushless motors ?

Peggy11
14-09-2015, 15:42
Are we racing tonight? I didn't manage to get on Saturday or Sunday night. I now have a working microphone, so you can all hear me swearing when I spin out and am running around in last position :eek:

AudioSlave92210
14-09-2015, 15:43
Are we racing tonight? I didn't manage to get on Saturday or Sunday night. I now have a working microphone, so you can all hear me swearing when I spin out and am running around in last position :eek:

Someone is calling PAD-MAN!!!

Sproket
14-09-2015, 15:47
I'm in Pinks league and then Tourers till 10 tonight guys. So will try to make it but will be a struggle!
If not I'll be there tomorrow :smile-new:

Peggy11
14-09-2015, 15:57
Additionally, apologies to H1llb1lly as I tapped and spun him @ Road America in similar circumstances - he was very gracious about it and at the time all I could do was stop and let him rejoin ahead (I'm pretty sure Masscot +1 other got past me then too - curse my driving morals lol).
Great racing though - really excellent, good laughs and fun - am proper chuffed that I came across you guys - completely changing PCARS for me. I'll bring a friend sometime during this week - he's quite keen to get back in too.

No problem Marrrfooo, I didn't actually realise that you had hit me until you sent me a message, I just thought i had out braked myself into the first corner :cool:

Peggy11
14-09-2015, 16:02
Watkins Glen (especially with G40s), Spa and Monza are all good in my book. Spa is normally in the rotation.

I've not driven Watkins Glen yet so that will be interesting!

Mascot
14-09-2015, 16:06

Yep, I should be on between 9:00-9:15, Skan too, UpArse too if Bake-Off isn't on... I'm sure there'll be enough for some shenanigans. :)

Mascot
14-09-2015, 16:11
A friend sell me his fanatec csr wheel + pedals csr elite v1 for 100 euros. I'm gonna buy it and will update for GT7.
What are the differences between a Csr Elite and an Elite v1? Brushless motors ?

Do you mean CSW v1? There's a few differences I think, but he CSR Elite is supposed to be a big step up from my GT2.

Your CSR wheel with Elite pedals for €100 is a bargain!

AudioSlave92210
14-09-2015, 16:27
My friend can't use it anymore. He is on Xbox One now. And he doesn't play FM4 anymore. We gonna test it on my ps4 this week or next.
I'll be a wheel driver soon. Just have to buy a stand now.
Just hope it won't be a too buggy.

cmch15
14-09-2015, 16:46
Hey all, I would be interested in giving this go with you guys. I have recently entered a line in my signature to try and attract some people for mostly classic touring and GT classes. Have not done any online on PCars yet. I am a pad player but pretty smooth with it and play with "Real" everything and 90 - 100% AI (not intended to be an "oo look at me", just that I am fair and reasonably quick).

I'm mostly only on weekends, but I guess it doesn't matter as once you establish a few good guys, you can always hook up and race any time. Add CMcH_15 if interested and hope to see some of you on track soon.

Chris

Mascot
14-09-2015, 16:58
Your post made me think: it'd be good to see photos of the various set-ups that people have in this thread. There are quite a few wheel users here.

OK, I'll kick us off with my man-cave:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk45/massscot/mancave_zps21cs8amg.jpg

cmch15
14-09-2015, 17:12

Nice! I have opposition to an arrangement like this at the moment, but one day. :)

Peggy11
14-09-2015, 18:20

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AZUccrTxkB2eZ5ZYEIO8ukPddaQbkLTBxfLX4w60y05bGg-Fh7cw66Mc3TbpAJIl5o2HOqIL0qG5AVvtKFcpXqHKWRObjEIdzPpx7I4scbd9gVaasZfbzFD9mNlqg6Bv5I0agEbKVvHuNnYsprvFLGE_dXrsae1FgSjTaTKdPc3RaqoNFqLwzGYcJ5oCKK2CBh0Vv1oay6urporFHUsfp50nmo-Fj6WPVxrQwi0g_K6BCa17abjKAKBqGKsagHGPn1o5Hw_o2Aav5J8N-4uk9nwHrblBE3I6RTqLOsIbmZphElgmoIMcSrIFCigG-q28a77_oLcV2JEP24Lx__6-2_nLRf3XZlDh_EjgLb-bjbijvw3-JGdwCz-TT0ffQmQ1PzclFzkG4qhoOLoo_O_d8nN_AHZVLhzG0PdGUlGPwaT_qM4Cpu9ugdaiGPVqTqjNA5uHYl5BsVPrHQ9hG-kQbF-7Wd5eUBk3affnaJAS_TntK_3WbaQVMcNSBclfRIoSgY343GcOyoaMD3G0ASvlhNhjUwI8clLwMe-AtFfGgZ0=w1200-h675-no

My humble little set up :o

The Russian
14-09-2015, 22:09
I'm a pad user and only play Fri, Sat and Sun nights which is why I asked if u played weekends, just looking for clean racers to race with.

Mascot
15-09-2015, 14:57
Anyone around for some racing tonight? It was a bit sparse last night.

Peggy11
15-09-2015, 14:59
I am 95% I will be there. Didn't get free in time last night, hope I didn't miss too much. 9pm again?

Sum Dixon-Ear
15-09-2015, 15:23
I'm more than up for this Mascot, myself and two others (all wheel racers) on my FL are decent enough, clean racers... with filthy, sarcastic minds and tongues to match. Friend request already sent... hopefully catch you online soon.
A pic of my humble wee rig -

Mascot
15-09-2015, 15:33
I'm more than up for this Mascot, myself and two others (all wheel racers) on my FL are decent enough, clean racers... with filthy, sarcastic minds and tongues to match. Friend request already sent... hopefully catch you online soon.

Coolio - look forward to it. Nice wheel and base you have there..! :P

Mascot
15-09-2015, 15:37
I am 95% I will be there. Didn't get free in time last night, hope I didn't miss too much. 9pm again?

Yep, 9ish sounds about right. I might actually be able to steer tonight. It was like I'd never driven before last night - I think I had seven penalties in eight laps on Imola. Maybe it was whisky withdrawal. I'll try upping my Glenmorangie dose. Worth a try.

Sum Dixon-Ear
15-09-2015, 15:38
Coolio - look forward to it. Nice wheel and base you have there..! :P
Oh yes, only for the discerning, gentleman sim racer... :cool:

Peggy11
15-09-2015, 15:42
Yep, 9ish sounds about right. I might actually be able to steer tonight. It was like I'd never driven before last night - I think I had seven penalties in eight laps on Imola. Maybe it was whisky withdrawal. I'll try upping my Glenmorangie dose. Worth a try.

Great you wait until I'm not there to have an off night, how considerate :rolleyes:

Mascot
16-09-2015, 07:47
Excellent fun last night chaps - had some really close but courteous battles. Those DTM cars stick like shit to a blanket.

I also seem to have found a sweet spot with my mic where you can still hear me talk, but I can turn my amp up to a decent level without the game audio being re-broadcast to all of you (please - let me know if it still is).

We also need to find a way to handicap Martin (MVM600RR) so that he doesn't win every race by twenty seconds. I suggest letting his tyres down, pissing in his petrol tank or putting a tennis ball under his accelerator.

Marrrfooo
16-09-2015, 08:51
Excellent fun last night chaps - had some really close but courteous battles. Those DTM cars stick like shit to a blanket.

I also seem to have found a sweet spot with my mic where you can still hear me talk, but I can turn my amp up to a decent level without the game audio being re-broadcast to all of you (please - let me know if it still is).

We also need to find a way to handicap Martin (MVM600RR) so that he doesn't win every race by twenty seconds. I suggest letting his tyres down, pissing in his petrol tank or putting a tennis ball under his accelerator.

I recommend secretly replacing the engine in all his cars with the current Honda F1 engine... Sorry, cheap shot. :)

Sorry I couldn't get involved last night. I really wanted to but had to turn in early. Will likely not be around until later this evening otherwise should be around tomorrow.

Mascot
16-09-2015, 10:02
A pic of my humble wee rig -

What material is your seat made from, Sum? My FM3 Playseat is the usual non-breathable fake leather nonsense, which can lead to severe bouts of Betty Swollocks during extended sessions. Been thinking of either swapping it out for a junkyard car seat, buying a fabric Sparco, or recovering the base in a breathable fabric.

cmch15
16-09-2015, 15:04

I don't like LOL and other text speak but LOL...

Do you have particularly popular tracks and cars you use most? Was just going to get a bit of practice in before joining some of you (hopefully the weekend) so as not to be too much of a mobile chicane. I have played almost 70hrs but only really scratched the surface of the content in the game.

Mascot
16-09-2015, 15:19
I don't like LOL and other text speak but LOL...

Do you have particularly popular tracks and cars you use most? Was just going to get a bit of practice in before joining some of you (hopefully the weekend) so as not to be too much of a mobile chicane. I have played almost 70hrs but only really scratched the surface of the content in the game.

CtrlC-CtrlV from an earlier PM on the same subject (I'm a lazy bugger):

Tracks-wise in MP we don't necessarily limit choice and any new suggestions are normally acted on, but the ones that seem to hit the rotation more regularly than others (because they usually allow good races) are:
Spa
Imola
Road America
Silverstone GP
Dubai National
Hockenheimring
Monza
Nurburgring GP
Watkins Glen

Most races are in GT3 cars, but we've raced GT4 Ginetta G40s and the glue-tyred DTM Mercs a few times too.

Don't worry about being behind the curve to start with - I'm mid-pack at best. We've a good mix of speeds and abilities. It's all about courteous fun - placing is incidental. There are still racing incidents a-plenty (rubbing is racing), it's just that we concede places back if they were take impolitely..!

People drop in and out of sessions over the evening so the best thing is just give it a go.

Peggy11
16-09-2015, 16:48
Are we 'racing' (I use the term loosely for me) tonight?

Skanda-Five
16-09-2015, 16:53

We could do some random grid races where we don't qualify. They can be fun sometimes.
But otherwise I'm all for nobbling his cars or some other Dick Dasterdly and Mutley type tampering.

Peggy11
16-09-2015, 17:00
Perhaps give Martin the 125cc Kart and we all use the DTM Mercedes?

cmch15
16-09-2015, 17:01
Cool, thanks for the reply. It is more about familiarisation than being fast and at the pointy end straight away. The only tracks I haven't driven at all from that list is Road America, Dubai, Watkins and Nurburging. :)

pioneer1985
16-09-2015, 17:06
Sorry I have missed the last few nights, been too tired to come online. I should be back on tomorrow night hopefully. Oh and shove some bananas down martins car exhaust pipe when he's not looking.

MVM600RR
16-09-2015, 17:31
Hahaha....would be epic if I would still win in a 125 cc kart ... ;-)

MVM600RR
16-09-2015, 17:33
Cool, thanks for the reply. It is more about familiarisation than being fast and at the pointy end straight away. The only tracks I haven't driven at all from that list is Road America, Dubai, Watkins and Nurburging. :)

Shame! They are really good tracks! Hope you will try them out soon.

MVM600RR
16-09-2015, 17:42

Love you too Mascot. Hahaha. 😆

chickano
16-09-2015, 18:08
Alright lads, is there room for another brother?
I raced in leagues for years on the PS3 F1 series and would love to do a few laps with some clean racers. I also like Glenmorangie, but am particularly partial to Johnnie Walker black label. Or Glenfiddich. Or yellow spot.....

Any way PSN - chickano if i can join in on nights when i can. Thanks.

Sproket
16-09-2015, 22:54
Alright lads, is there room for another brother?
I raced in leagues for years on the PS3 F1 series and would love to do a few laps with some clean racers. I also like Glenmorangie, but am particularly partial to Johnnie Walker black label. Or Glenfiddich. Or yellow spot.....

Any way PSN - chickano if i can join in on nights when i can. Thanks.
Hi chickano. You missed a great night. Mascot is looking after his callouses right now but we would love to race with you.
Add me and Mascott and we will invite you.
See you on track.
Shh Mascott likes Imola :eagerness:

glender123
17-09-2015, 07:16
Good fun again last night, cheers all. Im on holiday for 2 weeks on saturday but when I get back I will sort my mic situation so you can at least hear me sipping my selection of beverages whilst we race ;) After all, this is the gentleman racers club.
Enjoyable as always. Thanks fellas.

Mascot
17-09-2015, 07:22
Hi chickano. You missed a great night. Mascot is looking after his callouses right now but we would love to race with you.
Add me and Mascott and we will invite you.
See you on track.
Shh Mascott likes Imola :eagerness:

It's Masscot, dammit! ;)
Yeah, ping me a FR chickano, there's always room at the inn.

Great fun again last night. That one-lap qualifying shootout in the Formula C's at Oulton last night was brutal! I've never felt that nervous playing a videogame before, having the whole lobby watching your one attempt to post a time while offering, *ahem*, friendly advice and encouragement. I might have qualified last but at least I didn't run out of petrol...
Apologies for accidentally knocking down the only good brake marker for the hairpin - I did my best to avoid it.
;)

Peggy11
17-09-2015, 09:14
Great fun again last night. That one-lap qualifying shootout in the Formula C's at Oulton last night was brutal! I've never felt that nervous playing a videogame before, having the whole lobby watching your one attempt to post a time while offering, *ahem*, friendly advice and encouragement. I might have qualified last but at least I didn't run out of petrol...
Apologies for accidentally knocking down the only good brake marker for the hairpin - I did my best to avoid it.
;)

This sounds scary! Maybe a good thing I didn't make it last night:hopelessness:

Mascot
17-09-2015, 09:16
This sounds scary! Maybe a good thing I didn't make it last night:hopelessness:

Ha ha..! More funny than scary, but it definitely upped the intensity.

I stuffed it into a tyre wall on blues so didn't even post a quali time.

AudioSlave92210
17-09-2015, 09:35
Hi Mascot. Sorry for not coming in the races yesterday but I' ve just got my wheel. I was making some setups yesterday evening.
Give me few days of practice and I 'll be back faster ( I hope).
I can't race with you now cause I don't have the feeling of the brakes pedal. Don't want to destroy your races.
Wheel is great with some cars and very soft with others. I need to set it up better.

Marrrfooo
17-09-2015, 09:42
It's Masscot, dammit! ;)
Yeah, ping me a FR chickano, there's always room at the inn.

;)

I was so shattered last night I nearly summoned the effort to get the wheel out when you invited me but then got a phone call and took it as a sign not to race. Then you went and raced Formula C's! That'll teach me - I love those things.

I should be around this evening... ;)

Mascot
17-09-2015, 10:01
Hi Mascot. Sorry for not coming in the races yesterday but I' ve just got my wheel. I was making some setups yesterday evening.
Give me few days of practice and I 'll be back faster ( I hope).
I can't race with you now cause I don't have the feeling of the brakes pedal. Don't want to destroy your races.
Wheel is great with some cars and very soft with others. I need to set it up better.

Ah, no worries! I wondered if you were testing the wheel. Post a photo when you get it set up properly, and we'll see you back on the track soon. :)

AudioSlave92210
17-09-2015, 10:13
For the moment, I am playing like a truck driver. I don't have a wheelstand. Project cars is a little complex with the FFB settings. Do you use the jack spades settings? My wheel FFB is set to 80% internally, in game FFB 100% and Tyre force 100%, classic mode.
I get a good feeling in the curves and on the tracks bumps, but in don't have a good feeling of the kerbs in the fast curves.

Mascot
17-09-2015, 10:31
I was so shattered last night I nearly summoned the effort to get the wheel out when you invited me but then got a phone call and took it as a sign not to race. Then you went and raced Formula C's! That'll teach me - I love those things.

I should be around this evening... ;)

Cool - hopefully see you then. I think it was only the second time I'd driven an open wheeler in pCARS, so it was ... interesting. Keeping the speed up to maximise downforce around corners went against all my instincts. :)

Mascot
17-09-2015, 10:36
For the moment, I am playing like a truck driver. I don't have a wheelstand. Project cars is a little complex with the FFB settings. Do you use the jack spades settings? My wheel FFB is set to 80% internally, in game FFB 100% and Tyre force 100%, classic mode.
I get a good feeling in the curves and on the tracks bumps, but in don't have a good feeling of the kerbs in the fast curves.

Yeah, I input Jack Spade's settings for all vehicles which helped a lot with reducing clipping, but when my new wheel arrives today I'm going to redo all the wheel settings. I'm currently getting an odd jerky snatch left and right when the wheel turns about 120 degrees. It's my spare wheel so it might not be set up properly. Have a look in the PS4 Fanatec thread for some recommendations.

Having the wheel and pedals mounted absolutely rock-solid is very important - the slightest movement can really mess up your control.
A looooong time ago (and before getting a dedicated cockpit) I knocked this little wheel table together which could be assembled in a couple of minutes and stored flat. It worked a treat.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk45/massscot/1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk45/massscot/4-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk45/massscot/041005028a25.jpg

AudioSlave92210
17-09-2015, 10:52
Mascot, are you MacGyver in real life? ;)

Marrrfooo
17-09-2015, 11:06
Cool - hopefully see you then. I think it was only the second time I'd driven an open wheeler in pCARS, so it was ... interesting. Keeping the speed up to maximise downforce around corners went against all my instincts. :)

I know what you mean - but it makes the connecting up of corners even better and really brings out some of the larger circuits. The Maggotts/Becketts complex @ Silverstone is another world in openwheelers, same for Monza and in particular Watkins Glenn I found.

Marrrfooo
17-09-2015, 11:07
Yeah, I input Jack Spade's settings for all vehicles which helped a lot with reducing clipping, but when my new wheel arrives today I'm going to redo all the wheel settings. I'm currently getting an odd jerky snatch left and right when the wheel turns about 120 degrees. It's my spare wheel so it might not be set up properly. Have a look in the PS4 Fanatec thread for some recommendations.

Having the wheel and pedals mounted absolutely rock-solid is very important - the slightest movement can really mess up your control.
A looooong time ago (and before getting a dedicated cockpit) I knocked this little wheel table together which could be assembled in a couple of minutes and stored flat. It worked a treat.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk45/massscot/1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk45/massscot/4-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk45/massscot/041005028a25.jpg

I have been considering using the Spade FFB's but still run the stocks and haven't changed any of them. It's a fair amount of effort to adjust them all (but substantially less so now Jack has done most of the hard work) but I do wonder how much I miss out on using stock FFB instead...

Peggy11
17-09-2015, 11:09

Which Jack Spade settings do you use Mascot? I use Fy+SopLateral, but I haven't tried the others, so might be missing out?

pioneer1985
17-09-2015, 11:27
The force feed back settings in this game have been a pain in the arse for me I never seem to be completely happy and have tried many settings but never feels right for some reason then I end up going back to defaults and changing a few basic settings like tyre force. I have only got the t100 so maybe its the wheel.

Marrrfooo
17-09-2015, 11:32
The force feed back settings in this game have been a pain in the arse for me I never seem to be completely happy and have tried many settings but never feels right for some reason then I end up going back to defaults and changing a few basic settings like tyre force. I have only got the t100 so maybe its the wheel.

I flirted with the idea of using them but never got round to it. I don't think I have a problem with the FFB - but the caveat is that this is my first use of a wheel (T3000RS) so I don't necessarily 'know' any better - so there might be shedloads the JS FFB does that I'm missing out on. I do need to bite the bullet and take a few cars I'm familiar with and tweak them and see if I can feel a difference.

AudioSlave92210
17-09-2015, 12:01
I don't think I have a problem with the FFB - but the caveat is that this is my first use of a wheel (T3000RS) so I don't necessarily 'know' any better
I have the same problem. I have no other game reference about my wheel. Maybe Driveclub will support the fanatec so I can compare the feeling (In term of force and details in the ffb, even if driveclub is not a sim).

Mascot
17-09-2015, 12:38
Which Jack Spade settings do you use Mascot? I use Fy+SopLateral, but I haven't tried the others, so might be missing out?

Ooh, not sure. It was the first batch he put out, page one on the spreadsheet.

I've never been entirely happy with the FFB in pCARS but will definitely try to set it up properly now the new wheel has arrived - I'm hoping for a big improvement. FFB in Gran Turismo 5 & 6 was excellent with my GT2 wheel with zero tinkering. I need to get something close to (or beyond) that in pCARS.

Mascot
17-09-2015, 12:41
I have been considering using the Spade FFB's but still run the stocks and haven't changed any of them. It's a fair amount of effort to adjust them all (but substantially less so now Jack has done most of the hard work) but I do wonder how much I miss out on using stock FFB instead...

I initially used JS's figures as a base just to remove the clipping, and always planned to tweak beyond that to tune the feeling to my own tastes. Never got round to it though.

TitactiK
17-09-2015, 12:43
Hopefully i'll be in at some point tonight guys. Have a championship race tonight so see how things go.

Great fun last night fellas, that was probably the most fun I've had on pCars to date.

Marrrfooo
17-09-2015, 12:56
I initially used JS's figures as a base just to remove the clipping, and always planned to tweak beyond that to tune the feeling to my own tastes. Never got round to it though.

I've not had any clipping issues to date with the defaults - unless I'm mistaking it. I should give those settings a whirl sometime soon though - they must be better, that many satisfied people can't be wrong.

I also still have GT6 on PS3 - I might give that a fire up with the wheel as a comparison/context.

Mascot
17-09-2015, 13:06
It's arrived!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk45/massscot/wheel_zpsiy5hzren.jpg

What a thing of beauty. Makes my GT2 look and feel like a toy. Can't wait to hook it up..!

AudioSlave92210
17-09-2015, 13:28
It's arrived!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Fo-obaC-YKAtdwOK9lnbpYrz7IG2YcrUnG99ZeodmKtM38UA2qixK0Ymlra4DDE7ojtDI09qg5dYpJdL2qy1mitiLTBJW8OAS7CFBqIH_zZ3mCFzo8HqwMPwxWxDi1QCCytozzWtPwjfIE5p2LHx9zqvHQvm6RRpDsiEz5nLQWMmU92f6zFmq9fE1jyC_GMxXSlmJzS5SrcsYLIBhjZh36VRg5CL0gNNLAsq6aqQPcUXxIZDD6PAgnqPOi-r1EFFBbhkv2q5PcIaosFOMnwTQuw2uIuDQaKj_dR4nu8cAhIoR8Moutc0G889evrAiKVPtvnl_Ytg8RfrCvWfuYKmshhCKOcAVdEEpxSZgM8hZcdquPlMvTMqE9eUHef53cSGqHsI2OhFYEe78j4LCrkUxUfbFyWUPUJspej5JYIRfqo_pDnFYALy22tXF3vJThBIW2iFv4FYzOZGdq8y3vpdqEUcIMPro-b__yytocRvci3ZD-X3j6j78bLgiEOY7ffV3etGd7S31g20x-O6kh0mrOuuPJ_6_t2AuK5Q2Ki3eI4=w1160-h653-no

What a thing of beauty. Makes my GT2 look and feel like a toy. Can't wait to hook it up..!

Have fun!!!

MVM600RR
17-09-2015, 13:35
Mascot, are you MacGyver in real life? ;)

I really think he is!!

Mascot
17-09-2015, 13:52

I just checked and it was the 'classic' settings. I might try the Fy+SopLateral ones with the new beast.

Downloads are here if anyone needs them, courtesy of Wootball:

Excel: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ulCOYvLckYUlFOURuX2RRU1U&export=download
PDF: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ulCOYvLckM3pDYnBCVXdkQ2c&export=download

Peggy11
17-09-2015, 14:14
I just checked and it was the 'classic' settings. I might try the Fy+SopLateral ones with the new beast.

Let me know which one you get most out of and I may try the classic settings.

Sproket
17-09-2015, 14:43
A lot of the FFB tweaker files have been updated so I use this for ease.
http://pcars.oscarolim.pt
I'm still a lover of 66%

Marrrfooo
17-09-2015, 14:49
I'm still a lover of 66%

If I could give you a gold star for a damned useful forum post then I absolutely would. Instead all I can give is a 'I like' but you get my drift. :)

Cheers Sproket.

Peggy11
17-09-2015, 14:53
I'm still a lover of 66%

This is very helpful, I have it bookmarked on my phone for instant reference.

Mascot
17-09-2015, 15:44
Quick question after a PM on the subject: are my pics visible in this thread? Just checking there's not a firewall issue.

Peggy11
17-09-2015, 15:59
Quick question after a PM on the subject: are my pics visible in this thread? Just checking there's not a firewall issue.

No not on my laptop. Although they are on my phone and tablet!

pioneer1985
17-09-2015, 16:27

I'm on laptop and they are not showing either. Just as well because i'm sure they will make me very jelly.

Mascot
17-09-2015, 18:54
No not on my laptop. Although they are on my phone and tablet!

I'm on laptop and they are not showing either. Just as well because i'm sure they will make me very jelly.

Ah, OK. Thanks, I'll rehost them. It's a PITA, never used to have to rehost Google+ images. Maybe they changed something.

chickano
17-09-2015, 21:17
Ok thanks gentleman, I'll send FR's to you and appreciate the welcome!

A busy week in work this week so been getting on pretty late compared to usual but look forward to seeing you at some stage soon. Cheers fellas!

Mascot
18-09-2015, 06:28
Quiet turnout last night but still great fun. New wheel feels fantastic but isn't quite set up properly yet, and I need to get used to the different button config - I kept turning on my wipers and lights on trying to find the DRS button in the DTM. Apologies once again to Mango for bashing him off at the Monza's first variante and for a little nudge through Ascari..!

Marrrfooo
18-09-2015, 07:26
I note that Patch 4.0 is out today. I also note, referring back to previous...: :P

New patch includes option to force default setups - this might take the edge off the nippy ninja? :D For all I know he probably runs stock setups and is just a jedi in disguise...! Hehehe.

Quiet turnout last night but still great fun. New wheel feels fantastic but isn't quite set up properly yet, and I need to get used to the different button config - I kept turning on my wipers and lights on trying to find the DRS button in the DTM. Apologies once again to Mango for bashing him off at the Monza's first variante and for a little nudge through Ascari..!

Yeah sorry for not accepting (again!) last night. Was moping around in Diablo with a few friends and frankly was falling asleep in my chair! Haha. I will be around and up for it this evening!

Mascot
18-09-2015, 08:45
Yeah sorry for not accepting (again!) last night. Was moping around in Diablo with a few friends and frankly was falling asleep in my chair! Haha. I will be around and up for it this evening!

No problem, and I hope people don't get annoyed when I send invites out when they are in another game. I'm never sure if they are just killing time waiting for the pCARS lobby to start or if they aren't planning on racing that night. Ditto with people who are in pCARS but feel like just playing career mode. PS4 really needs a 'hide online status' or 'do not disturb' option for situations like this.

graveltrap
18-09-2015, 08:53
Working away hopefully back tonight!

Setup has a huge impact for me on being competitive (could be seen last time out a Spa in qualifying anyway), so the popular track list will be a good place to start working on a few things then progress through the other 'GP' circuits I guess.

I also need to figure out why my car likes to get loose from lap 6 onwards, TT style setup and grabby brakes I think.

Now to choose which GT3 car to race ;)

Marrrfooo
18-09-2015, 09:33
No problem, and I hope people don't get annoyed when I send invites out when they are in another game. I'm never sure if they are just killing time waiting for the pCARS lobby to start or if they aren't planning on racing that night. Ditto with people who are in pCARS but feel like just playing career mode. PS4 really needs a 'hide online status' or 'do not disturb' option for situations like this.

You're right the system does need either an 'Offline' appearance mode or a suppressant of invites. That being said I don't find invites intrusive whatsoever so feel free to keep inviting me. :)

I'll be around this evening and during parts of the weekend to get back into the thick of things.

Peggy11
18-09-2015, 09:41

I will definitely be on tonight, so hopefully see some or all of you then?

Sproket
18-09-2015, 10:23
Got GT3 champ tonight but be on with you guys after 9:30 :cool:

Marrrfooo
18-09-2015, 10:57
In addition to the GT3 stuff - anyone fancy some Ginetta G55s (the GT4 set) this evening maybe? I enjoyed the Mercedes DTM race we did the other night and sometimes same-car races provide some excellent racing. A little less pace in the GT4 class Ginetta's might make it even more exciting. Or the BMW 320 TC? Maybe even some Formula Gulf/C later if people feel it?

Peggy11
18-09-2015, 11:06
In addition to the GT3 stuff - anyone fancy some Ginetta G55s (the GT4 set) this evening maybe? I enjoyed the Mercedes DTM race we did the other night and sometimes same-car races provide some excellent racing. A little less pace in the GT4 class Ginetta's might make it even more exciting. Or the BMW 320 TC? Maybe even some Formula Gulf/C later if people feel it?

I'm up for racing anything, I'll be slow whatever I'm driving :D

MVM600RR
18-09-2015, 13:17

I'm for it. Love to do more battling! Hope this does NOT sound like bragging....
Lately I really miss epic fights on the track like I had on Catalunya with NMPolonais. (Here's my youtube link: https://youtu.be/e6UcJ5ROXQE)

I love GT3, but there's absolutely more to love. (Like DTM)

Mascot
18-09-2015, 13:54
I'm for it. Love to do more battling! Hope this does NOT sound like bragging....
Lately I really miss epic fights on the track like I had on Catalunya with NMPolonais. (Here's my youtube link: https://youtu.be/e6UcJ5ROXQE)

You are supernaturally quick Martin. Races must be pretty much like time trialling for you - qualify first then race an empty track while all the real fun is going on behind you. Why not deliberately pick a slower car, or one you aren't comfortable in, or introduce some other handicap so you stay with the pack? You might have even more fun... :)

Skanda-Five
18-09-2015, 14:06
You are supernaturally quick Martin. Races must be pretty much like time trialling for you - qualify first then race an empty track while all the real fun is going on behind you. Why not deliberately pick a slower car, or one you aren't comfortable in, or introduce some other handicap so you stay with the pack? You might have even more fun... :)

Every lap we should take one of Martin's gears away. :)

MVM600RR
18-09-2015, 14:08

Yesterday was such a day, yes. It really isn't so much fun when you are all alone in front. Luckily that's not always the case. Maybe do a multiclass lobby then....? So I can pick up my kart against you guys :-P

MVM600RR
18-09-2015, 14:09
Every lap we should take one of Martin's gears away. :)

Lol!! Thought about not using 6th gear last night....

Skanda-Five
18-09-2015, 14:39
Lol!! Thought about not using 6th gear last night....

I was thinking that you just use reverse gear.

Peggy11
18-09-2015, 15:37

But still face the same direction as we all are? ;)

AudioSlave92210
18-09-2015, 15:47
Some of you have seen Cars (Pixar/Disney)? Martin is the king of reverse drive!!! ( not sure of the traduction)

MVM600RR
18-09-2015, 15:57
But still face the same direction as we all are? ;)

I think battling on the track might turn into something else than I meant..... :-)
Chaos...

cmch15
18-09-2015, 16:44

I love GT3, but there's absolutely more to love. (Like DTM)

Looked like a good battle. This is what I'm hoping to find playing online (when I get there). As much fun as I have had with AI, they're not consistent enough to make a proper battle of it.

I have done a few familiarisation laps in some GT3 cars today, around Watkins, Road America and Nurburgring. I think the nicest to drive out of the box was the McLaren. Only did a handful of laps in each but enjoyed the Mercedes and the BMW's too.

Mascot
18-09-2015, 18:14
I will definitely be on tonight, so hopefully see some or all of you then?

I should be on around 9:15, all being well. Accidentally had a few beers after work and might get forced to have a few more during the rugby, so apologies in advance for stuffing all of you into the tyre wall/graveltrap/armco/fencing/grandstand (please delete as applicable). :)

Skanda-Five
18-09-2015, 18:21
I'm in a league race until about 9:30. I'll be on after that. Some nice fixes in the new patch.

Mascot
18-09-2015, 18:23
I'm in a league race until about 9:30. I'll be on after that. Some nice fixes in the new patch.

Apart from removing functionality from the second joystick on the Fanatec Formula rim to make way for a bloody handbrake! Bah!

pioneer1985
18-09-2015, 18:31
I will definitely be on tonight, well I am on right now actually but will look forward to getting some decent racing in with you guys later.

Peggy11
18-09-2015, 18:36
Sounds like we're going to have good numbers tonight, looking forward to it. I've not played 4.0 yet, as long as it doesn't make me slower I'll be happy :D

Skanda-Five
18-09-2015, 18:43
The edges of the circuit don't seem to grab the car so much and although I have only done AI races, the cars seem less magnetic when they touch.

MVM600RR
18-09-2015, 18:45
Looked like a good battle. This is what I'm hoping to find playing online (when I get there). As much fun as I have had with AI, they're not consistent enough to make a proper battle of it.

I have done a few familiarisation laps in some GT3 cars today, around Watkins, Road America and Nurburgring. I think the nicest to drive out of the box was the McLaren. Only did a handful of laps in each but enjoyed the Mercedes and the BMW's too.

Yeah, McLaren is absolutely my favorite GT3 car. If you can handle its understeer it's very quick and forgiving.

cmch15
18-09-2015, 19:07
I don't have very long and may have to bail out suddenly but hoping to get on for a little while tonight, just to say hi, do some laps, hopefully long enough to do a race, and check my internet is up to the job as I'm a bit behind here. Used to be ok with rfactor but will see.

graveltrap
18-09-2015, 19:25
I should be on around 9:15, all being well. Accidentally had a few beers after work and might get forced to have a few more during the rugby, so apologies in advance for stuffing all of you into the tyre wall/graveltrap/armco/fencing/grandstand (please delete as applicable). :)

You will have to take me off that list I'm afraid it was a rubbish day on site so I am stuck in Worksop :(

Mascot
19-09-2015, 09:07
Sorry for not making it on last night chaps. Too many beers after work, and the rugby started and finished a lot later than I thought it would. I called it a night, went to bed early in a drunken stupor, and ended up having one of those bizarre alcohol-fuelled dreams. It was horrible - a bunch of us were racing open wheelers around Monaco with full damage and accelerated tyre wear. I woke up in a cold sweat around 3am and thanked God that it was only a nightmare. It felt so real though..! *shudders*

cmch15
19-09-2015, 14:12
I failed also. I had PS4 on dowloading patch hoping to get on but I had to go earlier than expected. 99% sure I will be on tonight, just had a quick go online in a public lobby. Connection to most all good, a couple of dodgy ones but since all the others were ok I assume that's their connection/location rather than mine.

So, hope to join some of you this evening. :)

Skanda-Five
19-09-2015, 15:26
Sorry for not making it on last night chaps. Too many beers after work, and the rugby started and finished a lot later than I thought it would. I called it a night, went to bed early in a drunken stupor, and ended up having one of those bizarre alcohol-fuelled dreams. It was horrible - a bunch of us were racing open wheelers around Monaco with full damage and accelerated tyre wear. I woke up in a cold sweat around 3am and thanked God that it was only a nightmare. It felt so real though..! *shudders*

Strange that I also had that dream........

Mascot
20-09-2015, 08:52
Top session last night - a couple of new faces too.
:)

Those DTM races always seem to be awesome.

MVM600RR
20-09-2015, 09:21

I really had a lot of fun indeed.

For those in our forum that missed the Silverstone race where you, me and Masscot (and KI55MYAR5ENAL Simon) were battling and Side by side.... : https://youtu.be/7racgofs9XE

MVM600RR
20-09-2015, 09:39
I think it's time for me to master the Aston.....
https://instagram.com/p/7yNRoEzBnx/

Mascot
20-09-2015, 09:42
I think it's time for me to master the Aston.....
https://instagram.com/p/7yNRoEzBnx/

Ooh! First real look at the test track too...

Mascot
20-09-2015, 09:43
I really had a lot of fun indeed.

For those in our forum that missed the Silverstone race where you, me and Masscot (and KI55MYAR5ENAL Simon) were battling and Side by side.... : https://youtu.be/7racgofs9XE

Is that Simon in the R8 and Skan in the M3? (I'm in the Z4)

MVM600RR
20-09-2015, 10:24
Is that Simon in the R8 and Skan in the M3? (I'm in the Z4)

Simon behind us in a McLaren. Skan in M3 yeah. The R8 was driven by some 'canadian' dude.

chickano
20-09-2015, 10:36
Thanks for last night gents, was great to have fair and competitive laps for once. I hadn't realised road America was such a sweet track and as a first run in the DTM I only discovered the DRS on lap 4 lol as single player you tend to become habitual in choices of these things. My mic is broken at the minute lads so excuse that as i wait for the replacenent.

echt ook gek Nederlands t' horen, ik kan beetje praate mar niet so wel, niet een makelijke taal. especially with the afrikaans accent. Cheers again and see you soon

cmch15
20-09-2015, 10:59

Yes was good fun, both the racing and listening to the comedy chat. Never driven the DTM but started to get somewhere with it in the last two races. Something changed from Quali to the race in the last one (I guess fuel), suddenly a lot of oversteer for the first few laps. It was me drifting through turn 1 :D

Mascot
20-09-2015, 14:13
I've had a FR with no message from a "madmesh" - if this if for pCARS or from this thread please let me know and I'll accept.

Ramagane
21-09-2015, 01:11
Id : Ramagane .. plz add me.

Cornellious
21-09-2015, 05:15
Hi. I think your timeslots will fit me nicely. You guys have room for one more?

My PSN is : Cornellious007

Mascot
21-09-2015, 08:09
Id : Ramagane .. plz add me.

FR sent. See you on the track..!

Hi. I think your timeslots will fit me nicely. You guys have room for one more?

My PSN is : Cornellious007

Peggy11
21-09-2015, 08:12
Sorry I didn't make it last night, I fell asleep!

Will be on tonight so hopefully see you all then :cool:

Mascot
21-09-2015, 08:18
We tried a couple of new things last night: same cars with stock tunes, and random* grid positions (with no qualifying - just 5 mins practice to set fuel and tyres).

Same cars/stock tunes seemed to level the field and make for closer racing, and random grids meant we spent more time racing. I quite liked it. We aren't racing in a league so overall positions are secondary to the fun, and the real fun is in the racing, not in the qualifying.

Thoughts?

*Positions didn't actually seem random. Need to look at this.

pioneer1985
21-09-2015, 08:31
We tried a couple of new things last night: same cars with stock tunes, and random* grid positions (with no qualifying - just 5 mins practise to set fuel and tyres).

Same cars/stock tunes seemed to level the field and make for closer racing, and random grids meant we spent more time racing. I quite liked it. We aren't racing in a league so overall positions are secondary to the fun, and the real fun is in the racing, not in the qualifying.

Thoughts?

Did the forced stock setups feature work ? as I have read on hear the feature does not work correctly. Also there seems to be a bug with wrong grid positions and maybe the game was thinking the 5 mins practice was qualifying and times set was carried over to grid position. I think patch 4.0 has been a step backwards.

Peggy11
21-09-2015, 08:32
We tried a couple of new things last night: same cars with stock tunes, and random* grid positions (with no qualifying - just 5 mins practise to set fuel and tyres).

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Most of the time my tunes are stock apart from possibly a few minor tweaks. I bet Martin Still won?? ;)

Gary29
21-09-2015, 08:40
I've had a FR with no message from a "madmesh" - if this if for pCARS or from this thread please let me know and I'll accept.

Yep, I invited him, clean racer and QUICK!

Mascot
21-09-2015, 08:40
Did the forced stock setups feature work ? as I have read on hear the feature does not work correctly.

We assumed they worked but maybe not..!

Sounds good to me. Most of the time my tunes are stock apart from possibly a few minor tweaks. I bet Martin Still won?? ;)

Yep!

Yep, I invited him, clean racer and QUICK!

Ah, thanks. FR accepted.

Mascot
21-09-2015, 08:44
And another. DruShan_87 added.

Gary29
21-09-2015, 08:50
I had a few races with you guys, think it was Friday night?! Been a long weekend, managed to win in the DTM car round Sonoma Raceway in a race long battle with Martijn breathing down my neck for 8 laps! That is now my favourite car after never having driven it before, awesome bit of kit!

I also managed to crash into an imaginary brick wall on the exit of Copse in a Z4 and spent the next 6 laps on my roof patiently waiting for the race to finish.....do you think these bugs will ever be fixed? Can't imagine how frustrated you'd be in a 'serious' race and that kind of thing happens.

Peggy11
21-09-2015, 08:58
I had a few races with you guys, think it was Friday night?! Been a long weekend, managed to win in the DTM car round Sonoma Raceway in a race long battle with Martijn breathing down my neck for 8 laps! That is now my favourite car after never having driven it before, awesome bit of kit!

I also managed to crash into an imaginary brick wall on the exit of Copse in a Z4 and spent the next 6 laps on my roof patiently waiting for the race to finish.....do you think these bugs will ever be fixed? Can't imagine how frustrated you'd be in a 'serious' race and that kind of thing happens.

Ah that was you upside down! I had a landmine bug that race as well which made me cut a corner and resulted in a 10 second penalty.

Mascot
21-09-2015, 09:00
I had a few races with you guys, think it was Friday night?! Been a long weekend, managed to win in the DTM car round Sonoma Raceway in a race long battle with Martin breathing down my neck for 8 laps!

Good racing with you. Martin needs some competition so anyone who can take him down a peg or two is very welcome. ;)

That is now my favourite car after never having driven it before, awesome bit of kit!

That seems to be the general consensus - we'll be using the DTM quite a bit I think.

Ha ha..! We were wondering what happened to you. No "reset to track"button mapped? Did you have a headset on? Those kind of glitches have been thankfully very rare in our sessions. I did clip your car to try sending it spinning on its roof after seeing it there for a few laps, but I just bounced off it. ;)

Gary29
21-09-2015, 10:01
Ha ha..! We were wondering what happened to you. No "reset to track"button mapped? Did you have a headset on? Those kind of glitches have been thankfully very rare in our sessions. I did clip your car to try sending it spinning on its roof after seeing it there for a few laps, but I just bounced off it. ;)

I'm still pretty new to the game, and even newer to my T300 and I haven't mapped any buttons aside from the default setup, so that's something I need to look into clearly haha! Didn't have a head set on, I've only got the standard one that came with the joypad so I'm going to invest in a decent wireless one this week.

And thanks, you did managed to 'right me' back onto my wheels when you clipped me, but I think the race was already over haha

Peggy11
21-09-2015, 10:06
I'm still pretty new to the game, and even newer to my T300 and I haven't mapped any buttons aside from the default setup, so that's something I need to look into clearly haha! Didn't have a head set on, I've only got the standard one that came with the joypad so I'm going to invest in a decent wireless one this week.

And thanks, you did managed to 'right me' back onto my wheels when you clipped me, but I think the race was already over haha

The L3 button on the T300 wheel base itself is pre-programmed to reset car I think.

Mascot
21-09-2015, 13:25
Looks like quali-free grid positions aren't randomised, but are determined by the order in which you join the lobby. Think of your position as a reward for being punctual then. ;)

stevemontuno
21-09-2015, 14:32
Hey guys ,,if you got any spare places left on the grid I'd be up for some clean racing ,,,, bit sick of the online lobby's with all the frustrating smash and bash crap ,,

PSN I'd= SteveMontuno

Cheers

Mascot
21-09-2015, 14:39
Hey guys ,,if you got any spare places left on the grid I'd be up for some clean racing ,,,, bit sick of the online lobby's with all the frustrating smash and bash crap ,,

PSN I'd= SteveMontuno

Cheers

There's a stevemontuno2 on PSN but couldn't find SteveMontuno..?

Send me a FR: Masscot

Peggy11
21-09-2015, 14:49
Looks like quali-free grid positions aren't randomised, but are determined by the order in which you join the lobby. Think of your position as a reward for being punctual then. ;)

I best get on for 7pm then in that case! :eek-new:

stevemontuno
21-09-2015, 15:54
There's a stevemontuno2 on PSN but couldn't find SteveMontuno..?

Send me a FR: Masscot

Sorry mate ,,, My PSN is StevieMontuno

stevemontuno2 was my backup account for using the DS4 pad on my vita ,,,lol

i'll add you laters,,,,cheers mate.

MVM600RR
21-09-2015, 17:19

Ahhhh, that was you?! Great race indeed. But at Road America it was I believe. Check this vid on my channel: http://youtu.be/S0aN-HhuPuM
That was you, or not? (Don't remember exactly)
Although we had a bit of a laugh about "that car lying on its roof".... I can imagine it was very frustrating.

Cornellious
22-09-2015, 01:53

Added you. What nights are you usually running?

MVM600RR
22-09-2015, 04:56
Ahhhh, that was you?! Great race indeed. But at Road America it was I believe. Check this vid on my channel: http://youtu.be/S0aN-HhuPuM
That was you, or not? (Don't remember exactly)
Although we had a bit of a laugh about "that car lying on its roof".... I can imagine it was very frustrating.

Oh...think that race in the vid was with you Masscot.....right?

MVM600RR
22-09-2015, 09:29
Added you. What nights are you usually running?

Various nights through the week. No fixed days actually.
I think I'll be online tonight.

Peggy11
22-09-2015, 09:59
Various nights through the week. No fixed days actually.
I think I'll be online tonight.

I should be on tonight as well

Roninmanx
22-09-2015, 11:54
Could someone please add me to their friends list? I have tried unsuccessfully to race on public servers arghhhh.

I have been racing with the Ronin Racing guys but sadly interest has seriously waned so its hard to find racers. My time racing is a bit random the only definite night is a Monday, other than that whenever I get a chance. I like to race fast but fair with a sprinkle of banter. My ps4 name is Ronin_Manx

Peggy11
22-09-2015, 12:11
Could someone please add me to their friends list? I have tried unsuccessfully to race on public servers arghhhh.

I have been racing with the Ronin Racing guys but sadly interest has seriously waned so its hard to find racers. My time racing is a bit random the only definite night is a Monday, other than that whenever I get a chance. I like to race fast but fair with a sprinkle of banter. My ps4 name is Ronin_Manx

FR sent (H1LLB1LLY1981) see you on the track soon